WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

AutoNation Rant

attitude

Reaction score
I’ve been looking for a Yukon Denali for a couple of months now and have recently became very serious because we are running out of time with our second baby being due next week. I’m find the perfect Yukon at AutoNation Porsche Bellevue in Washington last night and message autonation asking them to have someone contact me and to also send pictures because the add was so fresh it didn’t have pictures yet. An autoNation rep from Tustin Ford calls me (Nick) he explains that Tustin Ford is the closet dealer to me and will be helping me with the purchase. While on the phone with Nick the director of sales from Porsche Bellevue ( Ronald Rae) sends me a video of the truck showing me how nice it is. I set up an appointment with Nick to come sign the paperwork at 12:00 today as well as make an appointment online so I can reserve the car until I finished so the paperwork. Once I hang up with Nick I text Ronald and thank him for the video and let him know I already reserved the truck, he tells me that Nicks reservation won’t work and I need to reserve it through his link (same link different sales person name) he also sent me a sales sheet with an OTD price to sign, I call Nick back because I felt Ronald was trying to steal his sale, he told me not to worry because they are both AutoNation dealers and they transfer used cars all the time. I go into Tustin Ford and meet with Nick, we agree on numbers do all the paperwork, his boss calls Ronald to let him know the Yukon is sold and Ronald tells him he sold it this morning. Nick and his boss start digging around online and it shows Porsche Bellevue cancelled my reservation and made their own reservation which reserves the Yukon for 3 days, they Yukon also does not show sold or sale pending on their program. The GM at Ford Tustin has reached out to the GM at Porsche Bellevue with no response to emails or calls all day. I believe I am pretty much fucked at this point which sucks, the Yukon was exactly what we wanted (very rare color) for a smoking deal. I am about ready to fly up to Washington and strangle this slimy salesman myself. My girlfriend has family that lives about an hour away from Porsche Bellevue, should I send them there to inquire about the Yukon to see if they are lying about it being sold which I think they are or should they just go there and raise hell until they get some answers?

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
Hopefully they just reserved it for you. Then again hoping for a square deal with an out of area used car salesman is a hard ask.

attitude

Reaction score
Supply and demand , the pendulum will swing back , do not buy anything now !
Believe me, I would wait but my girlfriends car or my truck is not ideal to be putting two kids in.

attitude

Reaction score
Hopefully they just reserved it for you. Then again hoping for a square deal with an out of area used car salesman is a hard ask.
The sad part is he isnt just a used car salesman, he is the director of sales at a Porsche dealership. How big of a POS do you need to be to fuck someone over so you can get a commission on a 40k Yukon when every Porsche on his lot is 2-3+ times the cost of the Yukon.

gqchris

Reaction score
I can assure you from my experience being in charge of an internet department at a dealership, Washington knows how hot of a commodity that SUV is and you are just in the middle of their game. They don't want to lose the car to "California". When I worked at Ford, we occasionally had some dealers screw us on trades or play games. Even though by "ford law" they were wrong, nothing we could do in the end. Sucks man, I know you been looking for a while I think?

I would not waste my time raising hell. Let them figure it out. If this is how you are treated now and stuck in the middle of their politics, think how after the sale will be!

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I’ve been looking for a Yukon Denali for a couple of months now and have recently became very serious because we are running out of time with our second baby being due next week. I’m find the perfect Yukon at AutoNation Porsche Bellevue in Washington last night and message autonation asking them to have someone contact me and to also send pictures because the add was so fresh it didn’t have pictures yet. An autoNation rep from Tustin Ford calls me (Nick) he explains that Tustin Ford is the closet dealer to me and will be helping me with the purchase. While on the phone with Nick the director of sales from Porsche Bellevue ( Ronald Rae) sends me a video of the truck showing me how nice it is. I set up an appointment with Nick to come sign the paperwork at 12:00 today as well as make an appointment online so I can reserve the car until I finished so the paperwork. Once I hang up with Nick I text Ronald and thank him for the video and let him know I already reserved the truck, he tells me that Nicks reservation won’t work and I need to reserve it through his link (same link different sales person name) he also sent me a sales sheet with an OTD price to sign, I call Nick back because I felt Ronald was trying to steal his sale, he told me not to worry because they are both AutoNation dealers and they transfer used cars all the time. I go into Tustin Ford and meet with Nick, we agree on numbers do all the paperwork, his boss calls Ronald to let him know the Yukon is sold and Ronald tells him he sold it this morning. Nick and his boss start digging around online and it shows Porsche Bellevue cancelled my reservation and made their own reservation which reserves the Yukon for 3 days, they Yukon also does not show sold or sale pending on their program. The GM at Ford Tustin has reached out to the GM at Porsche Bellevue with no response to emails or calls all day. I believe I am pretty much fucked at this point which sucks, the Yukon was exactly what we wanted (very rare color) for a smoking deal. I am about ready to fly up to Washington and strangle this slimy salesman myself. My girlfriend has family that lives about an hour away from Porsche Bellevue, should I send them there to inquire about the Yukon to see if they are lying about it being sold which I think they are or should they just go there and raise hell until they get some answers?

Send your people in to “buy“ the damn truck, what are you waiting for? Then figure it out with the Tustin guy, have your people call you and the Tustin guy once they confirm the truck is free and clear to sell :)

attitude

Reaction score
I can assure you from my experience being in charge of an internet department at a dealership, Washington knows how of a commodity that SUV is and you are just in the middle of their game. They don't want to lose the car to "California". When I worked at Ford, we occasionally had some dealers screw us on trades or play games. Even though by "ford law" they were wrong, nothing we could do in the end. Sucks man, I know you been looking for a while I think?

I would not waste my time raising hell. Let them figure it out. If this is how you are treated now and stuck in the middle of their politics, think how after the sale will be!
My salesman Nick at Tustin Ford was awesome to deal with, when he can to tell me the car had already been sold he was white as a ghost and I could tell he was genuinely upset with Porsche. I had my girlfriend contact Porsche Bellevue and the truck is magically still available. I’m thinking I should have her text this new salesman and get proof the vehicle has not been sold and then have Tustin Ford use that against them. I would just bought it through Porsche but they only except cash for out of state purchases and I’m not sure if a personal check and a check from my credit union would be considered cash.

attitude

Reaction score
Send your people in to “buy“ the damn truck, what are you waiting for? Then figure it out with the Tustin guy, have your people call you and the Tustin guy once they confirm the truck is free and clear to sell :)
I just contact the dealership with my girlfriends info, the truck is still available as of 6:15PM. That’s what I’m thinking.

attitude

Reaction score
I contacted my sales person to see what info he needs to prove they are lying about the truck being sold, he is not at work right now but he’s going to talk to his manager tomorrow and see what we can do. Whether it’s as simple as emails and texts from the dealership or me having our family show up there and attempt to buy it I’m not giving up without a fight.

gqchris

Reaction score
My salesman Nick at Tustin Ford was awesome to deal with, when he can to tell me the car had already been sold he was white as a ghost and I could tell he was genuinely upset with Porsche. I had my girlfriend contact Porsche Bellevue and the truck is magically still available. I’m thinking I should have her text this new salesman and get proof the vehicle has not been sold and then have Tustin Ford use that against them. I would just bought it through Porsche but they only except cash for out of state purchases and I’m not sure if a personal check and a check from my credit union would be considered cash.

Remember though its political at this point. Its not like arriving at Target for Black Friday at you see the last flat screen on the shelve. You bet your ass Nick is going to be awesome, he is trying to make a sale. Porsche can do whatever they feel like at the moment and their could be a GM involved, sales managers, the list goes on and on. I wouldnt stress it and the deal already feels un-natural at this point. Sometimes its best to step back and see where it goes. Just my opinion.

I know the feeling when you have a fish on the line and some shark comes and eats it as you pull it in the boat oh too well, though also!!! It sucks!!!

This is beyond one of those "I want to speak to a manager" moments.

attitude

Reaction score
Remember though its political at this point. Its not like arriving at Target for Black Friday at you see the last flat screen on the shelve. You bet your ass Nick is going to be awesome, he is trying to make a sale. Porsche can do whatever they feel like at the moment and their could be a GM involved, sales managers, the list goes on and on. I wouldnt stress it and the deal already feels un-natural at this point. Sometimes its best to step back and see where it goes. Just my opinion.

I know the feeling when you have a fish on the line and some shark comes and eats it as you pull it in the boat oh too well, though also!!! It sucks!!!
This price and the options on this truck are just to good to give up without a fight, this was the best car purchasing experience I’ve had until it wasn’t lol…

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Autonation sucks donkey nuts...dealt with them on a car we bought in Vegas. Never again. Even at a high end dealer there are slimy sales/management people. I called one of the Assistant Managers at the BMW dealer we bought Brianna's car at a "shitstain on the brand" in an email between his boss, the corp rep, and a couple other people. It took a lot to get it to that point. I fucking hate car dealers.

attitude

Reaction score
Autonation sucks donkey nuts...dealt with them on a car we bought in Vegas. Never again. Even at a high end dealer there are slimy sales/management people. I called one of the Assistant Managers at the BMW dealer we bought Brianna's car at a "shitstain on the brand" in an email between his boss, the corp rep, and a couple other people. It took a lot to get it to that point. I fucking hate car dealers.
Even if I don’t get the car I’ll still go to the corporate level, Ronald can suck a dick.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
This price and the options on this truck are just to good to give up without a fight, this was the best car purchasing experience I’ve had until it wasn’t lol…

At this point you are in too deep and want the car more than they want to sell it.. might as well go all the way 😂

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Even if I don’t get the car I’ll still go to the corporate level, Ronald can suck a dick.

Thats what you have to do....we don't go there for service...we go to a different dealer who has been great. I know my email got passed around. One of the guy's I cc'd I went to school with and he was a corp rep. The dealer magically wanted to "fix things" after 5 months. Took those clowns that long to file for me a title let alone the other issues.

Even if you don't get it...going scorched earth can be fun every now and then...especially when someone is a slime ball.

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
They’ve got multiple buyers , walk away , you’re gonna end up paying way too much .

RandyH

Huge Member
Reaction score
Hope you get it. What is the rare color you speak of? Just curious. ?

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score

Oh yeah I am right there with you. I really don’t like car dealers. I had an issue with a VW back about 20 years ago. Got up to the the VW corporate level and there were comments and lies between the two of them and blaming each other. To me I couldn’t get a replacement car. Took 6 months of fighting and I got the exact car that I wanted as a replacement to the first one with paint issues.

attitude

Reaction score
Did you cut them a check? was the contract countersigned? Car dealers have all kinds of shady shit they can pull.
No, I’m sure they can. I’m paying sticker and their fees have already been laid out.

Todd Mohr

Will Race For Beer
Reaction score
If you want the truck, call the dealer that has the vehicle and give them a deposit. Take control of the deal if you want it.

attitude

Reaction score
If you want the truck, call the dealer that has the vehicle and give them a deposit. Take control of the deal if you want it.
That’s what I’m thinking if all else fails, they won’t only except cash from out of state buyers but I already have financing through my credit union so I’m not sure if they will except that.

gqchris

Reaction score
That’s what I’m thinking if all else fails, they won’t only except cash from out of state buyers but I already have financing through my credit union so I’m not sure if they will except that.
They will do everything in their power to flip you from your credit union and secure their financing. They will want to make points on the backend. It will be a tough battle.

Tooned Up

Reaction score

I might know of a 2019 for sale that has like 20k on it. If you want I can reach out and find details on it tomorrow morning.

Todd Mohr

Will Race For Beer
Reaction score
They don’t want you to get your own financing, tell them you will fly up and pick up the car. Tell them they can have the financing. I’ve been a GM and a GSM for 20 years. The financing will be competitive and the dealer will make a few bucks that doesn’t cost you anything. If you want you can refi with your CU when you get home, out of state deals are pretty risky unless the delivery and signing are on-site.

attitude

Reaction score
I might know of a 2019 for sale that has like 20k on it. If you want I can reach out and find details on it tomorrow morning.
I might be able to go to 50k on a private party deal for the perfect car but a 2019 with 20k miles will probably bring more cash than that, how ever if they want an easy deal I am ready to buy ASAP!

attitude

Reaction score
They don’t want you to get your own financing, tell them you will fly up and pick up the car. Tell them they can have the financing. I’ve been a GM and a GSM for 20 years. The financing will be competitive and the dealer will make a few bucks that doesn’t cost you anything. If you want you can refi with your CU when you get home, out of state deals are pretty risky unless the delivery and signing are on-site.
I ended up going with their financing down here at Ford, they gave me a better APR than my credit union. I’m not sure why Porsche said they won’t finance me out of state if they would make more money that way.

attitude

Reaction score
They will do everything in their power to flip you from your credit union and secure their financing. They will want to make points on the backend. It will be a tough battle.
I have no problem using their financing, I signed they paperwork at Ford to use it because it was a better APR than my credit union. Ronald from Porsche told me they don’t finance out of state buyers, cash only.

Todd Mohr

Will Race For Beer
Reaction score
If you secured the car great, congrats, if not the Ford guy is getting in the way of your deal. Good luck, it’s a crazy time in retail right now. More buyers than products.

Todd Mohr

Will Race For Beer
Reaction score
We finance out of state deals all the time, Wells Fargo pays a 5% flat and finances in every state.
50k financed = 2500 in reserve, I’ll take that every day. He knows he priced too low and left $$ on the table

attitude

Reaction score
We finance out of state deals all the time, Wells Fargo pays a 5% flat and finances in every state.
50k financed = 2500 in reserve, I’ll take that every day. He knows he priced too low and left $$ on the table
Tomorrow should be interesting, I’ll play hard ball trying to buy it through Ford but if that fails I will go straight to Porsche using the sales person who contacted my girlfriend tonight letting her know it was still available.

pkbullet

Reaction score
Tomorrow should be interesting, I’ll play hard ball trying to buy it through Ford but if that fails I will go straight to Porsche using the sales person who contacted my girlfriend tonight letting her know it was still available.
Don’t waste your time playing hard ball, they are the ones holding the ball. Go to the holding dealer and buy the truck. It’s a different world out there, customers want to buy more than dealers want to sell.

J&k beer can

Reaction score
It's sad there playing games.
I was at gmc/ cadillac dealer getting escalade serviced and the sales dept wanted to buy it. They had very little Inventory...
My brother is a gsm and trying to get a dealer trade from there other store and they are being difficult letting him get it..
It's a special limited vehicle I'm tryn to buy.. everyone has big mark up on them.
So it seems like most dealers are fighting over Inventory..

pkbullet

Reaction score
My experiences with major auto dealers, such as Autonation, is that they love you if you’re going to finance & buy an extended warranty, that covers nothing....

I’ll share my experience with Tustin Ford.....

They had a ‘17 Focus RS there a year ago... 10k miles & CPO.... Nice car & I was willing to overpay for it, until their finance manager & I starting going back n forth on how much 3/36 was left & what CPO does/doesn’t cover....

They pissed me off when they wanted to run my credit.... I told them I’m paying cash.... you don’t need to run my credit.

Sales guy tells me they want a cashiers check & I told them I’ll write them a personal check.... I didn’t like the way I was being treated.... I felt like they didn’t think I had the money to buy the car, so I literally got up & walked out of his office.

Autonation is CarMax.... no haggle nonsense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Would you take a personal check from someone you didn’t know and deliver your vehicle to them. If you are not a repeat customer or paying with certified funds then getting credit info is the only way to know who you are giving your vehicle to. You could always write a check and leave the car until it clears. It’s always fun to try and recover a vehicle on a bounced check, usually skipped states and law enforcement is zero help.

attitude

Reaction score
Would you take a personal check from someone you didn’t know and deliver your vehicle to them. If you are not a repeat customer or paying with certified funds then getting credit info is the only way to know who you are giving your vehicle to. You could always write a check and leave the car until it clears. It’s always fun to try and recover a vehicle on a bounced check, usually skipped states and law enforcement is zero help.
I figured I would need to overnight my check and my Credit Unions check to them, I have no problem waiting until the check clears.

Edit: I see you were talking to PR388

Mike K

Reaction score
Like a lot of things going on in biz today … totally unethical.
There is zero that you can do.
Most people in this business car about one thing … and it’s not you.
The Auto Dealership business model is such a horrible dinosaur way to buy a car.
I know everyone on this forum should think of something to waste their time … like they did to you.

attitude

Reaction score
I talked with my salesman today, the Ford GM and the Porsche GM are working together to get to the bottom of this. I let him know if it is not resolved by COB today calls and emails will go out to the CEO of AutoNation, Ford, the BBB and the heads of both dealerships tomorrow. They will also be hearing from my attorney Tuesday about the breaching of two contracts that both should of guaranteed the vehicle could not of been sold to anyone but me.

The Porsche salesman (Matt) that contacted my girlfriend last night about her inquiry on the Yukon contacted her again this morning, my girlfriend let him know she was a very serious buyer and an hour later he got back to her and said it sold this morning, not yesterday like previously stated. I still don’t believe it is sold so I am in contact with my family up there and hopefully that can get to the dealership after work, I have a suspicion they will only sell it to in person buyers now.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score

Findlay in Vegas, Anderson in Havasu, as well as a dealer in TX had no issue accepting an Edward Jones check for the last 3 vehicles we bought. A simple 30 second call verifies funds. Dealers hold title roughly 10 days regardless....Findlay and Anderson were similar timeframes to get our titles to the MT rep...the dealer in texas on the other hand I had to get an attorney involved...they fucked around for 5 months.

attitude

Reaction score
Findlay in Vegas, Anderson in Havasu, as well as a dealer in TX had no issue accepting an Edward Jones check for the last 3 vehicles we bought. A simple 30 second call verifies funds. Dealers hold title roughly 10 days regardless....Findlay and Anderson were similar timeframes to get our titles to the MT rep...the dealer in texas on the other hand I had to get an attorney involved...they fucked around for 5 months.
When I bought my Ram Cerritos Dodge let me leave with it on Sunday without my 10k down payment because the bank was closed. I came back later in the week and gave them cash. I guess they figured they could find me if it went south lol

pkbullet

Reaction score
When I bought my Ram Cerritos Dodge let me leave with it on Sunday without my 10k down payment because the bank was closed. I came back later in the week and gave them cash. I guess they figured they could find me if it went south lol
Did that one time and the lady died in an accident on way home. Took over a year and litigation to get insurance to pay. They took position contract was invalid based on not collecting down payment.