WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Pups….this is why we have them in our families

ridebig

Reaction score
Doggie jail lol
22CAAC2B-33DC-4D7A-B957-57C1B07FDCB1.jpeg

LakeMead Boater

Reaction score
I never grew up with dogs. When my wife and I got married, we had two non-negotiables: she gets a dog and I get a boat. Well, we have two dogs and no boat lol (yet). Since we’ve added kids to the mix, my wife’s view of the dogs has dwindled, but I’ll be damned those two dogs are my pals. I wouldn’t get rid of them if you paid me too and on those tough days, they always give me a reason to smile. We don’t deserve dogs.

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
I never grew up with dogs. When my wife and I got married, we had two non-negotiables: she gets a dog and I get a boat. Well, we have two dogs and no boat lol (yet). Since we’ve added kids to the mix, my wife’s view of the dogs has dwindled, but I’ll be damned those two dogs are my pals. I wouldn’t get rid of them if you paid me too and on those tough days, they always give me a reason to smile. We don’t deserve dogs.

The last sentence says it all. 😊

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
… Looks like a Rottweiler…
…Lived on 4 acres in Big Tujunga Canyon quite awhile ago…a big Rottweiler came with the property… He wasn’t the smartest dog but ..,boy was he fun .., he would do things like the dog in the video…his favorite past time was laying on the double yellow line on Big Tujunga Canyon Road on Sundays???.., never could figure that one out???…

JD D05

Reaction score
I grew up on a farm and dogs weren't considered what they are by some but we enjoyed them and brought a lot of happiness. We lost our dog not long ago at 8, heart attack in front of my boy but the older girls were very close. For kids who don't have other loses in life it's good to experience loss. Reminds you of how fast life can end. This lesson goes a lot deeper for me from having 2 dogs die in front of me one in my arms as a boy. But I thank dogs for that lesson in life. We got a new pup now and she is great.

IMG-20210222-WA0003.jpg

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
Awww, you’re actually softer than you portray.
It’s OK though. 😁
Yea..I know. Lol... The fam is all about the dogs....Im ok without. I'm cool with dogs....but I just don't want the responsibility. And we all know Dad usually ends up picking the slack. 😂

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
Yea..I know. Lol... The fam is all about the dogs....Im ok without. I'm cool with dogs....but I just don't want the responsibility. And we all know Dad usually ends up picking the slack. 😂
Just get it used to the word MOM.
Our pack loves mom. They only associate with me when mom isn’t home.
Trust me, it’s totally true. 😁

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
I’ve got one of my funniest and dumbest dogs these days. Got home from the river last week, let her out to take a leak, she yanked the skunk out of the bushes and got hit twice. She still stinks!!!!

EF7D1F75-F1BF-4262-9020-CB47EA5A14EB.jpeg

stokerwhore

aka bordsmnj
Reaction score
I’ve got one of my funniest and dumbest dogs these days. Got home from the river last week, let her out to take a leak, she yanked the skunk out of the bushes and got hit twice. She still stinks!!!!

View attachment 1045755
i've been through that. ours got hit and came booking into the house and straight into our bedroom and onto the bed where i was rudely awoken. it took months to get rid of the smell.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score

View attachment 1045755

that happened with a pup of mine. It turned into quite an ordeal that included a work training session as well as a phone call from my sons school. Lol

only way we got rid of the smell was with tomato juice baths.

quite funny thinking back to that incident.

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
that happened with a pup of mine. It turned into quite an ordeal that included a work training session as well as a phone call from my sons school. Lol

only way we got rid of the smell was with tomato juice baths.

quite funny thinking back to that incident.

We did the tomato wash and it helped, but she still stinks a bit. That deep Malamute/Husky fur may extend the misery.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
We did the tomato wash and it helped, but she still stinks a bit. That deep Malamute/Husky fur may extend the misery.

ya. My pup was a choc lab at the time. Lots less fur than a Husky-Mal mix

welldigger00

Reaction score
I grew up on a farm and dogs weren't considered what they are by some but we enjoyed them and brought a lot of happiness. We lost our dog not long ago at 8, heart attack in front of my boy but the older girls were very close. For kids who don't have other loses in life it's good to experience loss. Reminds you of how fast life can end. This lesson goes a lot deeper for me from having 2 dogs die in front of me one in my arms as a boy. But I thank dogs for that lesson in life. We got a new pup now and she is great.

View attachment 1045730

What breed is she?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wedgy

Reaction score
20210411_115541.jpg

Played the clip and my herd went nutz!!

Came close to losing Baby Grace, yesterday, lower left. Good call to observe her in distress before Lake trip this weekend.
She would've died without immediate care. On the mend now, Jailbreak first thing this morning. We call that a clue.

Credit for the save goes to.
Small Animal Emergency Clinic of Lubbock. Janey Powe, Veterinarian. And Crew. Follow up with my Vet on Tuesday.

Thanking God again this morning for my Posse of Furrys. That I do not deserve.
Top. Darlin. n Dody, not shown. Big Boxer mix Rescues. Think she looks happy? Dody is ×100 more grateful.

Gizmo, the 3 legged Pomeranian wonder dog. Broke his leg as a pup. Hard to pin those little Dogs.
Girl Poms are mean, he was observed, and thought not to be able to get the job done. Jury's still out on that. Life always finds a way.
Gday!

Jed-O

Shitter was full!
Reaction score
Tell me about it Jed. It’s like having a toddler in the house again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yup! Penny is 2 now and at least she does her business outside. And being a Bassett hound she sleeps 90% of the time. But when we got her at 9 weeks old... Holy shit! She put us through the rings

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
So this showed up on my YouTube feed...

Damnit, I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes. Lost my Lab to the same cancer.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
So this showed up on my YouTube feed...

Damnit, I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes. Lost my Lab to the same cancer.

Sitting here getting ready to go to work and don’t dare want to watch that video. Been taking lots of pictures and videos of my old yellow lab, I fear this may be his last summer, but at least he still happy when he’s out on the lake.

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
Good healthy grass will not be bothered . We usually have two 100lb female dogs and my grass never had a problem . Great looking pup .
Pretty sure it's more so when.they are pups.....our choc lab was fine when she got older

grumpy88

Reaction score
Pretty sure it's more so when.they are pups.....our choc lab was fine when she got older
No problems through the puppy years either . Destroyed thousands of dollars in plants playing tug a war but grass was good ! Good luck you have a chance