WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Labor day weekend at home..

traquer

Reaction score
I'm going to the river next week Sept 11-14 when the zoo is over... So the agenda for this weekend is:

Friday: Installed some upgraded speakers and head unit in the boat. Worked all day in the 95 degree heat, thank god the boat has a bimini. And thank god there was a fridge full of coors light! When the sun went down a bit I had to tilt the bimini forward over the windshield and used a rope to keep it open just enough to block the sun, good tip. Modern class D amps are much much better than the old ones! This install isn't DCB levels of clean with the wiring but gets the job done.

Today: Currently installing a Burger Tuning JB4 tuning piggyback chip in the BMW all morning. Thankfully I am in the garage this time bogarting all my dad's space. This thing should add 80hp on top of the 320hp, so it will be quite nice for $500! I watched the tuner's official YouTube installation videos and read their documentation, it's ok but I have time to spare and I like my shit to be DCB-levels of clean, so I will try to make everything including the 7 extra cables disappear in the engine bay. After that it's BBQ time! Probably a big prime ribeye on the charcoal using a reverse sear method! I should have already got it and let it dry age in the fridge for 24 hours but oh well

Monday: I'm not sure yet.

I will upload pics of the above projects later today.

What is everyone else doing for the weekend?

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
Building a fence.🤪
I’ve been to the river the weekend after Labor Day and it was so empty places were closing early. Also been and it was crazy packed🤨. I hope to go the weekend after you.

HBCraig

Reaction score
I'm going to the river next week Sept 11-14 when the zoo is over... So the agenda for this weekend is:

Friday: Installed some upgraded speakers and head unit in the boat. Worked all day in the 95 degree heat, thank god the boat has a bimini. And thank god there was a fridge full of coors light! When the sun went down a bit I had to tilt the bimini forward over the windshield and used a rope to keep it open just enough to block the sun, good tip. Modern class D amps are much much better than the old ones! This install isn't DCB levels of clean with the wiring but gets the job done.

Today: Currently installing a Burger Tuning JB4 tuning piggyback chip in the BMW all morning. Thankfully I am in the garage this time bogarting all my dad's space. This thing should add 80hp on top of the 320hp, so it will be quite nice for $500! I watched the tuner's official YouTube installation videos and read their documentation, it's ok but I have time to spare and I like my shit to be DCB-levels of clean, so I will try to make everything including the 7 extra cables disappear in the engine bay. After that it's BBQ time! Probably a big prime ribeye on the charcoal using a reverse sear method! I should have already got it and let it dry age in the fridge for 24 hours but oh well

Monday: I'm not sure yet.

I will upload pics of the above projects later today.

What is everyone else doing for the weekend?
Are those chips easy to install? Always wondered

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
Yesterday, cleaned out the garage all day. Not finished, ran out of room in the trash cans.

Today, relaxing in the office catching up on some invoicing and watching pre-recorded races then nascar at 3pm. Not to mention giving my back a rest.

Tomorrow, will be spending time in the pool with the grandkids and cooking something on the blackstone

Headed to Havasu next weekend for four days for the Hallets in Havasu event.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Dedicated the boy to Christ yesterday [emoji106]

Super cool to have such a great support network of like-minded folks to live life with

IMG_7487.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

samsah33

Reaction score
Same as you, staying away from the lake on Amateur Hour weekends, was on the h2o last weekend for just that reason... Agenda for this weekend is dinners with visiting friends, set up a new-to-me guitar, and track an overnite package that was due to me on Fri but now I'm watching it go from San Bernardino to the post office 2 blocks from my house in Coachella Valley to another carrier, then down to San Diego, then back to the post office 2 blocks from my house, then to Los Angeles, and finally back to San Bernardino... Oh yeah, will also visit the dungeon for an update on current events. Cheers all, stay safe 🤙 🍻

FCT

Reaction score
I stay home holiday weekends. Poured about 60 yards of concrete at my house Saturday and did clean up all day Sunday. The project has a long ways to go! 😩

Attachments

• C6E80E62-87FE-4913-8AA4-06A18E7E8F81.jpeg
    C6E80E62-87FE-4913-8AA4-06A18E7E8F81.jpeg
    311.5 KB · Views: 84
  • F06840C9-6138-4157-9928-7E382AFEE343.jpeg
    F06840C9-6138-4157-9928-7E382AFEE343.jpeg
    309.8 KB · Views: 88
  • DB68F10C-B73D-4BB4-8C07-857FFB068DD1.jpeg
    DB68F10C-B73D-4BB4-8C07-857FFB068DD1.jpeg
    344.8 KB · Views: 80
  • 3B1DD9C0-C4EE-41F8-8DF0-521DBC822902.jpeg
    3B1DD9C0-C4EE-41F8-8DF0-521DBC822902.jpeg
    147.8 KB · Views: 80

Wedgy

Reaction score
I stay home holiday weekends. Poured about 60 yards of concrete at my house Saturday and did clean up all day Sunday. The project has a long ways to go! 😩
Dammit! That looks good. 60 yards.
Making Finishing look like art. The diagonals are a nice touch. Very nice work. Kudos to You and crew!

FCT

Reaction score
Dammit! That looks good. 60 yards.
Making Finishing look like art. The diagonals are a nice touch. Very nice work. Kudos to You and crew!
Thanks! The finishers definitely did a great job😁

Reactions: DLC