WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Coyote's Getting Bold in My Tract

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
About 6:45 this morning I hear a bunch of yelling and screaming from the next street over where there is a small park.
Turns out some lady was walking a little dog and a coyote came and ripped it off the leash and a couple other Yote's joined-in and they shredded it.
There must have been a pack of them cause the lady said they were actually running on top of the block walls looking into backyards for more.
What amazes me is the park is pretty small in the center of a pretty large tract of homes . . . they've gotta cross a couple main streets just to get in the tract, then weave through a few streets (or backyards) to get to the park. Other than dogs, there's no other animals in the park. Not even squirrels.

Here's a Google Map Link to the park location . . . trip out on how deep the park is in our tract . . . .

I post pics of Coyote's on the 'Current Situation' thread . . . but I take the shots from a green belt near the power plant a couple blocks away with a 500mm Zoom lens.
Here's one I took last night. It'd be like being in a shooting gallery to pop a few of them.

DSC01427.jpg

Here's a few more from the same zone . . .
DSC01105.jpg

The fuckers don't even try to hide anymore ! LOL
DSC01355.jpg

I think they may be even going through the Del Taco drive through !!!

DSC01360.jpg

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I live in an area called "Coyote Springs"...we get them often. Ours are wild enough they avoid houses with bigger dogs...and 10/22's.
Good chance they aren't crossing big roads, they may have dens in shrubs in people's yards. Crafty little bastards!

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
They are essential here for rabbit control.
The newer rat poisons evidently don't have a secondary kill effect so the Coyotes have better working conditions.
Smartest dogs out there.

nameisbond

Reaction score
They've become a real problem in a park near downtown Vancouver. They've attacked several people. The park is closed because they are culling them. Had one on my security cam near my front gate.

HBCraig

Reaction score
About 6:45 this morning I hear a bunch of yelling and screaming from the next street over where there is a small park.
Turns out some lady was walking a little dog and a coyote came and ripped it off the leash and a couple other Yote's joined-in and they shredded it.
There must have been a pack of them cause the lady said they were actually running on top of the block walls looking into backyards for more.
What amazes me is the park is pretty small in the center of a pretty large tract of homes . . . they've gotta cross a couple main streets just to get in the tract, then weave through a few streets (or backyards) to get to the park. Other than dogs, there's no other animals in the park. Not even squirrels.

Here's a Google Map Link to the park location . . . trip out on how deep the park is in our tract . . . .

I post pics of Coyote's on the 'Current Situation' thread . . . but I take the shots from a green belt near the power plant a couple blocks away with a 500mm Zoom lens.
Here's one I took last night. It'd be like being in a shooting gallery to pop a few of them.

View attachment 1046185

View attachment 1046186

View attachment 1046187

View attachment 1046188
Holy shit man. That's fucked up.

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
Need me to come by 😉👍we have a fox that comes through very smart don’t see to many C dogs

Jed-O

Shitter was full!
Reaction score
Funny story.
My mom can't make soup from scratch to save her life. I'm 13 years old and once again she tries to invent yet another vat of dishwater (yes it tasted like dirty dishwater minus the soap). She asked me to take the pot into the woods and dump it past the old water tank. So I did as I was told, returned the empty pot to her and went to load my pellet gun.
Got back to the location and hid behind a tree about 15 feet from the stew and waited. Three coyotes showed up shortly after and not one noticed me. I drilled all 3 right in the ass!
Halfway back home, the Sheriff was waiting for me. Apparently some broad saw me stalking while walking her dog. He chewed me out and unloaded my gun and sent me on my way... 🔫😂.
The coyotes didn't come around for a while after that.

nowski

Reaction score
Beware: Graphic Pic

I found this little guy in our yard Saturday morning (RIP Little Kitty) before I left for Car's & Coffee. The perpetrator came back Saturday night and was back in my front yard looking for a late night snack. This is the 1st time I've seen a coyote in our neighborhood in over 30 years of living here...

Attachments

• RIP Kitty.jpg
    RIP Kitty.jpg
    349.9 KB · Views: 301
  • Coyote on the prowl.jpg
    Coyote on the prowl.jpg
    212.7 KB · Views: 305

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
We really don’t have coyotes inside the Keys. I’ve seen one or two in ten years. It always worries me, my Aussie can jump our fence if he wants to. He’s smart enough to know better, but I’m not sure he wouldn’t chase a coyote.

What we do have is lots of raccoons. Basically they live under the docks. At night they come out and scavenge for food. If you leave food or trash outside, expect them to get into it. I often wonder if the coyotes avoid the coons. Coons are known as vicious fighters. I’ve read they drown other animals like dogs, cats, coyotes etc. I see coyotes on the roads and desert all around the Keys, but they don’t really hunt in the Keys. [emoji2373]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hallett_Whacker

Reaction score
They’re getting bolder in my hood too.

Here’s a cool story:

About 8 or 9 years ago I took my son to the local 9 hole course (Navy Cruiser) to smack some golf balls around. We get to #4 which is a hole that has a tone of shrubbery to the right (I’ve hit my ball in there more times than I care to remember). Off to the right of the tee box and I’m guessing 20 yards or so away from us was an adult coyote feeding on a carcass (rabbit maybe). It did not give a shit that we were there. All of the sudden the coyote looks up and takes off like a bat out of hell. A giant eagle of some kind (damn near waist high) lands next to the carcass...

Coyote wanted absolutely no part of the magnificent bird lol. We hit our balls as best as we could, got the hell out of there, and let the eagle dine in peace.

Last edited:

Dettom

Reaction score
I’ve lost count of the number of coyotes I’ve killed. One got over my fence a few years ago and tore up one of my dogs pretty good but he lived. I couldn’t kill enough coyotes to make up for a dog. I put an electric wire around the perimeter of my back yard and on top of the column where he jumped into the yard, I fashioned a piece of roofing with about a hundred drywall nails in it. No problem since.

Attachments

• A2E4E7A4-BBFE-4516-87E2-C2FC245E976B.jpeg
    A2E4E7A4-BBFE-4516-87E2-C2FC245E976B.jpeg
    245.6 KB · Views: 249
  • 30DA50A3-03E3-4E99-9C17-F7099836FABF.jpeg
    30DA50A3-03E3-4E99-9C17-F7099836FABF.jpeg
    97.5 KB · Views: 246

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
Have a pack of 10-15 run by our house every morning between 4:30-5:00am and they have the pups in tow. You can hear them every night yipping and yapping.

Lucky for me my neighbor has coyotes proofed her yard and is running electric fence around the perimeter so they don’t come close to my house except one time I planted a plumeria in the front yard and it got ripped out the first night.

Checked the cameras and fucking yote came and ripped it off and pissed on it as if it was telling me “fuck your fence” lol.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score

View attachment 1046185

View attachment 1046186

View attachment 1046187

View attachment 1046188
They're something aren't they.... I'm in CDM on a dead end a block off ocean cliff and we have a sizable storm drain at end of street where they come and go from. My guess is they've got dens throughout our water drainage systems which would explain the one's in your hood. I think its safe to assume they're everywhere amongst us now.... even in track neighborhoods. Yours look very healthy. I have a guy in my property who plays ice hockey late at night and he tells me he'll be walking from garage and they stop and stare his ass down right in middle of the street.... he jumps up and yells and they just stare not moving.... its their neighborhood at night.

HBCraig

Reaction score
Beware: Graphic Pic

I found this little guy in our yard Saturday morning (RIP Little Kitty) before I left for Car's & Coffee. The perpetrator came back Saturday night and was back in my front yard looking for a late night snack. This is the 1st time I've seen a coyote in our neighborhood in over 30 years of living here...
Where are you located?

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
I’ve lost count of the number of coyotes I’ve killed. One got over my fence a few years ago and tore up one of my dogs pretty good but he lived. I couldn’t kill enough coyotes to make up for a dog. I put an electric wire around the perimeter of my back yard and on top of the column where he jumped into the yard, I fashioned a piece of roofing with about a hundred drywall nails in it. No problem since.
Poor Lil Guy . . . looks like a cool dog w/ personality. 🙏

SixD9R

Reaction score
I would shoot those fuckers every chance I get.

Even though my golden retriever is far from a fighter I think he’s large enough that they wouldn’t go after him so I’m glad about that.

I live in a very wooded area and everyone says they are around here but I have never seen or heard them. Closest I came to seeing a yote is a half eaten ground hog in my driveway one morning.

Boatymcboatface

Reaction score
When I was a superintendent at a couple golf courses in Long Beach people would always come in and ask us to post pictures of their lost cat/dog! I’d find fluffy or mittens shredded to pieces all the time Long Beach around the airport has tons of coyotes!
When I 1st started taking my German shorthair puppy to work I was running some water and turned around and my pup was nose to nose with a baby coyote it was cute until I noticed the parents not to far away. Over the 5yrs he got into it with a couple coyotes early in the morning one on one he was fine but no chance if he ever chased them back into the trap they were trying to set.

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
I read today a post on FB about some coyotes trying to get to baby cows very near to residential area near where I live.
Coincidence?

DBMX

Reaction score

View attachment 1046185

View attachment 1046186

View attachment 1046187

View attachment 1046188
Shit.... I live on Beach and Atlanta and was going to reply "We used to see them through our neighborhood, but havent seen them in a while", then I saw your google link.

I heard there was a big pack living in the Santa Ana Riverbed. Maybe they finally moved from the wetlands over behind our place.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Found this little guy inside my yard a couple months ago at 5am in the morning. Couldn’t find his way out. Didn’t have the heart to do anything. Grabbed him with some welding gloves and cut him loose. View attachment 1046452
Cute lil devil.... I'd have done the same. Everyone's gonna have their position on these dudes.... mine is we gotta share turf. I'm sure my position would be different if I lost a pet to them. I'm thinking what cuts their population down in food chain... nothing I can think of.

Blow It Up

Don't Member
Reaction score
Momma was no where around?
Didn’t see her. There’s packs around the area. When I got back later I went for a walk in the direction the pup went and found it with another pup cruising around.

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
Shit.... I live on Beach and Atlanta and was going to reply "We used to see them through our neighborhood, but havent seen them in a while", then I saw your google link.
I heard there was a big pack living in the Santa Ana Riverbed. Maybe they finally moved from the wetlands over behind our place.
My neighbor just texted me that she saw 2 running down the street towards that park . . . I have a small CO2 Glock Semi-Auto BB-Gun so I went for a walk . . . funny , she texted me again while I was walking & said, 'Open your eyes jack-ass, my friend just texted me looking out her window and she see's you . . . one just ran right by You " !!! 🤣

Blow It Up

Don't Member
Reaction score
Cute lil devil.... I'd have done the same. Everyone's gonna have their position on these dudes.... mine is we gotta share turf. I'm sure my position would be different if I lost a pet to them. I'm thinking what cuts their population down in food chain... nothing I can think of.

When I cut the pup loose I thought to myself I hope this doesn’t bite me in the ass later.:D.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
My neighbor just texted me that she saw 2 running down the street towards that park . . . I have a small CO2 Glock Semi-Auto BB-Gun so I went for a walk . . . funny , she texted me again while I was walking & said, 'Open your eyes jack-ass, my friend just texted me looking out her window and she see's you . . . one just ran right by You " !!! 🤣
They are stealthy as fuck.... silent.... I was up till around 4am recently, went to wash for bed and happened to look out bathroom window to see three moving in a formation....real stealthy towards a hedge of bushes.... next thing I hear is a cat fighting for its life..... somehow he broke loose cause I saw him flying in full mid air sprint in garage motion detection flood lights. It was like he got shot outta a cannon. So cool watching these coyotes take positions on that hedge .... they don't mess around while in hunt mode.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
View attachment 1046469

This drops Coyotes no freaking problem. Its a 25 cal pre charged air rifle. Get me within 200 yards, they it will die of lead poisoning in one shot.
Not for nuthin and just curious..... looks like a track neighborhood.... hows the HOA feel bout our homeboy whippin that puppy out and popping coyotes? Just conversation... no judging whatsoever.

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
View attachment 1046469

This drops Coyotes no freaking problem. Its a 25 cal pre charged air rifle. Get me within 200 yards, they it will die of lead poisoning in one shot.
I've really wanted to get into one of those . . . but from my research, you're $2K+ deep all in . . . the cool thing is how quiet they are, and from my understanding, the suppressors are CA legal as well. Bad Ass.

Xring01

Reaction score
Not for nuthin and just curious..... looks like a track neighborhood.... hows the HOA feel bout our homeboy whippin that puppy out and popping coyotes? Just conversation... no judging whatsoever.

Look at the end of the barrel.. its pretty obvious.
And I dont live in a HOA. But I do live in SoCal and back up to the Santa Rosa platea.

But I dont break any laws, wink wink. I only use this where its legal..

Xring01

Reaction score
I've really wanted to get into one of those . . . but from my research, you're $2K+ deep all in . . . the cool thing is how quiet they are, and from my understanding, the suppressors are CA legal as well. Bad Ass.

Minimum for this one, with no optics or accessories.
$3k the way it sits now, but thats an older pic.
There are alot from $500-1000, but this gun wins RMAC comp last several years straight.
Its a laser beam of accuracy.. hint hint xring01…
I have won many a medals at 600yds and 1000 yds back in the day with big boy guns.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
And I dont live in a HOA. But I do live in SoCal and back up to the Santa Rosa platea.

Pretty friggin cool.... and above comment said how quiet they are. I have an old school air rifle for popping crows but have to be more careful after one dropped into an uptight neighbors yard. Lil bitches wife made him write me a letter about how important they are to enviornment.

KevinR

Reaction score
I’d say the lady is fortunate they didn’t go after a piece of her as well. Shame to hear about her pup.

Sherpa

Reaction score

nice piece there Mr. Xring.......

care to share a build list on it please??

--Thanks.!
--Sherpa

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
I live in the city, but near several canyons that are nature preserves. So there are a few around. Only saw one on my street in 20+ years. A mile away one was following me during an early morning walk though. Close to the canyon entrance. He paced along on the other side of the street. I stopped, he stopped. I moved, he moved. It was a bit unnerving. But I walked away slowly and kept my eye on him. He stopped after a few houses and went back to his canyon hideaway. We have lost a couple cats over the years. The neighborhood has a lot of bunnies, so I think there can't be too many of the coyotes around.

Xring01

Reaction score
nice piece there Mr. Xring.......

care to share a build list on it please??

--Thanks.!
--Sherpa

Its a FX Impact Mk2, 25cal, with 700mm Barrel. Vortex Diamond Back 6x24 Scope, Saber Tactical Arca Rail, Donny FL Moderator, adj rear monopod, bipod, extra air tanks for refills, shoots pellets and slugs. Each have there applications.

Pellets - great to 100yds, they lose most of there energy after that and safer to shot in areas of concerns beyond 100yds
Slugs - great from 100-300yds pending the fps, weight. Pack alot of punch down range, not suited for confined spaces

Reason why I chose this gun... because for about $500-600 I can get a complete 22cal barrel kit, 30cal barrel kit, 35cal barrel kit. One gun with lots of options.

Imagine shooting 35cal 85 grain slug at 1000 - 1100ft fps and the knock down power that has.

If you really want to see what these are capable of, take a look at youtube. Lots of people in Texas shooting wild hogs, Lots of people in Africa using them for all kinds of stuff.

They can get the job done. The best news of all. I get 350 33grain JSB pellets for $18.99. So ammo is cheap. But air refills are your concern now.

How is that solved. Either buy a scuba type tank thats rated for 4500 psi, or buy a PCP Air compressor. I have both. My refill tank can refill my gun 7-9 times, pending on what I have it tuned for. On the low end shooting 25gr pellets at 860fps, I get 125 shots / fill, and can refill 9 times, before I have to use the air compressor to refill my portable tank. On the high end of shooting slugs, the heavier they are, the faster you shoot them, the less shots/fill you get. I am still learning that side of the equation. It pretty damn fun in my opinion. As someone who loves to shoot, this is very economical, compared to shooting rimfire or centerfire type guns.

84miller

Reaction score
Have some pretty healthy ones around my place in Carlsbad. I see them during the afternoon off my deck. I have a heard (and I believe) you should never see a coyote during the day. If you do see one during the day stay away as they are deemed highly aggressive when out in the open during the day. I also had a neighbor who was walking, two showed up and stopped on sidewalk about 50 feet in front of her. To avoid them she went to turn around and walk away. When turned around...there were three behind her blocking the sidewalk. Never went any further as she yelled and got aggressive.

Xring01

Reaction score
Have some pretty healthy ones around my place in Carlsbad. I see them during the afternoon off my deck. I have a heard (and I believe) you should never see a coyote during the day. If you do see one during the day stay away as they are deemed highly aggressive when out in the open during the day. I also had a neighbor who was walking, two showed up and stopped on sidewalk about 50 feet in front of her. To avoid them she went to turn around and walk away. When turned around...there were three behind her blocking the sidewalk. Never went any further as she yelled and got aggressive.

I live in Murrieta. Pretty much 500yds from the Santa Rosa Plateau. We hear coyotes munching somebodys pets on a weekly basis. Literally middle of night hearing somebodys pet dog getting ripped apart in the backyard of a track home.

Eating some one cat in my neighbors front lawn a few months ago, caught on ring. Playing tug a war with a person walking there dog.

These fuckers are not shy of humans at all, day or night. They are aggressive, they are over populated. It will not be long before humans get bit.

If the City of Murrieta where to allow me to do what I am very good at, I could reduce the potential problem pretty quick. With out that approval, I would be breaking all kinds of laws. Therefore I do not do that.

Several of my good friends own ranches in the area, and I show up, when Coyotes are attacking the baby goats, alpacas, dogs, chickens etc. Thats a key reason why I have the gun that I do. Its a problem solving, gets the job done and no one hears a thing, kinda tool.

One perfectly placed head shot. Lights out... dirt nap time, they never make a sound.

99.9 % of the time... It just pokes holes in paper targets.... hitting the xring of that target, EVERY TIME..... that never gets old. Because if I miss, it wasnt the guns fault, it was mine.

Last edited:

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
We have them here in Huntington Beach. They used to just come out at night on trash days. Now they’ll be cruising the block mid day. They’re not afraid or they’re very hungry. City won’t let us do anything can’t even catch them and release elsewhere. They claim they’re “vital to the natural habitat.”

HBCraig

Reaction score
We have them here in Huntington Beach. They used to just come out at night on trash days. Now they’ll be cruising the block mid day. They’re not afraid or they’re very hungry. City won’t let us do anything can’t even catch them and release elsewhere. They claim they’re “vital to the natural habitat.”
The city just doesn't want to spend the time address the problem. I am on Goldenwest and Edinger. A few weeks ago one was pacing my neighbor and her dog all the way back to her house.