WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Foggy RV Windows

Meaney77

Reaction score
I am starting to notice a few of the windows in my RV getting a foggy glaze inside each window. Its a 2009 Fleetwod Providence. I know there are companies out there that can fix them and it can add up pretty quick with several windows. I was curious to see if anyone's ever tried to repair them? Maybe @2FORCEFULL ?

azsunfun

Reaction score
i dont smoke and i believe the plasics in the dash are causing the glass on my windshield to glaze, but it washes off with cleaner, possibility?

Meaney77

Reaction score
i dont smoke and i believe the plasics in the dash are causing the glass on my windshield to glaze, but it washes off with cleaner, possibility?
I am a non-smoker as well. From what I gather there are two glass panes with a seal in between and overtime that seal wears out and allows air to enter in between the two window panes causing A haze.

They don’t clean with the glass cleaner and when the sun hits just right it’s really hard to see out of them.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
This company sells the stuff to do it.
I you are interested I had them send me the instructions so I could figure out if I could do it myself. You can get all the stuff you need on Amazon.

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
Pretty common problem with RV double pane glass. But you're in luck, "Above all Glass" on TO blvd is the expert with RV's. He is also great with Laminate glass, he did a great job on my Manx's windsheild too. Give them a call.

Meaney77

Reaction score
Pretty common problem with RV double pane glass. But you're in luck, "Above all Glass" on TO blvd is the expert with RV's. He is also great with Laminate glass, he did a great job on my Manx's windsheild too. Give them a call.
Good to know, I had no idea they do work on RV windows too. Thank you

EmpirE231

Reaction score
If you have the time, you can DIY it. There are some posts on IRV2 that go over it in detail.

I paid a little over 2k to have mine done by a company.... and they were fogging up again in less than a year!

if I had to do it again, I’d go DIY route (especially if it’s only a few windows) or I would try to just buy new windows.

Meaney77

Reaction score
If you have the time, you can DIY it. There are some posts on IRV2 that go over it in detail.

I paid a little over 2k to have mine done by a company.... and they were fogging up again in less than a year!

if I had to do it again, I’d go DIY route (especially if it’s only a few windows) or I would try to just buy new windows.

Good to know, I have like 9 windows that have or our are starting to show some haze.

I sometimes get these wild hairs to dive into projects to keep me busy and occupied at night. I have seen a few videos and it doesn’t seem to difficult and if I could tackle 1 window each night I could have it done in no time- at least it make sense in my head. My wife thinks I’m crazy and should just pay someone !

Kbach

Reaction score
I did a few of the big windows on my old 2006 Southwind and they held up great. A fair bit of work but mainly because I was like a damn surgeon trying to make sure I didn't leave any smudges or lint on the inside.

I got everything off amazon for a fraction of the Dave Root "kit" cost.

If anybody is interested I can dig up the amazon links to everything.

Meaney77

Reaction score
I did a few of the big windows on my old 2006 Southwind and they held up great. A fair bit of work but mainly because I was like a damn surgeon trying to make sure I didn't leave any smudges or lint on the inside.

I got everything off amazon for a fraction of the Dave Root "kit" cost.

If anybody is interested I can dig up the amazon links to everything.

That would be awesome to have an idea of what you purchased.

DUNEFLYER

The original DUNEFLYER of RDP 😁
Reaction score
Had all of the windows on my 06 American Eagle torn apart, cleaned and resealed. Cant remember the company that did the work but think they were out of Az. somewhere. It was a lot of work..
Think it was a $4K+ job. Fortunately Spartan chassis paid for all of it. They had a law suit going on that had something to do with the power steering and they needed a local chassis that their engineers could crawl around and look at. I happen to be that local guy so we worked it out and got it done.

Shrub Lurker

Reaction score

Nope. These dual panes on these years failed internally

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
There was a place in Corona that did the repairs and warranted them, I removed the windows abs brought them to them, if I remove right it was $300 ish per window. Also several shops set up shop doing this in quartzite during the snowbird season.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
the biggest problem is removing window frames on a painted coach, even though you can't see it,.. sometime when you remove the windows big chips of the paint come with them... you have to really be carefull,.. when done, the two pieces of glass have to be air tight, and liviving where there is a lot of humidity make the problem.... humid air gets trapped between the panes... best to have it done in places where there's no humidity, thats where they last the longest... there is a guy and wife team that will come to havasu, they also work out of Quartzsite...one guy claimed that he left a weep hole and it stopped the problem... but i've never tried it.. theres also a company that removes the dual pane and does the thicker glass like tiffin does..

Sherpa

Reaction score
if this is an issue, man could I clean up fixing these.......... take them apart, seal together with a weep hole and pump in nitrogen then final seal... some of the semiconductor
equipment I used to service had windows which covered a chamber where temps went from 165c to -65c. any contaminants or oxygen in between the panes they would
frost up immeidately.

Kbach

Reaction score
Here are the links to what I bought.

BLOWN HOWARD

Reaction score
How expensive could it be to replace the dual pane with a thicker single pane of glass

SodarSki73

Reaction score
DON'T use Reflectix bubble wrap foil in your double windows. I had no leaking, but started using it in my windshield and driver/passenger windows when in storage and hot climates and those lost their seals, all my other windows look fine to date.

I just did my driver and passenger windows in June. I figured I could not make them any worse, so I took a shot at it. It's a pretty straightforward process. A multtitool is a must have tool and make separating the panes and clean-up a cinch. All materials can be bought from CR Laurence (if you have an account) or on Amazon for a few $$$ more.

I actually had my windshield gasket resealed by New View Glass, who specializes in this, and is at all the RV shows selling this service. They wanted $185/panel, so each front window would have been $555 with a 1 year warranty. Anyways, when they came out to reseal the windshield, they asked me who I had do the side windows. I told them I did it and they said, "Oh, I figured we did them, it looks just like our work." We talked about it and they told me they use the same materials as I did. Pics below show one done and one not done.

Attachments

• IMG_1139.JPG
    IMG_1139.JPG
    164.5 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_1140.JPG
    IMG_1140.JPG
    145.9 KB · Views: 39

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
Here are the links to what I bought.

good list just make sure you check the window thickness there are different thickness of the edgetech sealant

Kbach

Reaction score
good list just make sure you check the window thickness there are different thickness of the edgetech sealant
Good point - not the sealant but the spacer.