WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Sunrise ford service department connection

WYRD

Reaction score
Does anybody have any connections at the Sunrise Ford service department. One of my guys has his 2013 Ford Escape in there and they're trying to tell him it's a bad transmission. I looked at it with him and it feels like it's a throttle body issue losing power and fuel. We found a well known and documented issue with Ford for this year to which they even extended the warranty on the throttle body because of it but the service writer isn't taking that into consideration.

575cat

Reaction score
Ford throttle bodies are problematic

Done-it-again

Reaction score
contact Bobby if he can help. If not I’m related to the service department manager at citrus Ford.

WYRD

Reaction score
Ford throttle bodies are problematic
Yeah I went for a drive with him and it gets up to speed but then loses all power for a Split Second. It's his wife's ride and I know he doesn't have the money for a new transmission so trying to help him out as much as I can.

WYRD

Reaction score
Recall for Defective Ford Throttle Body Could Come From Federal PetitionCONSUMERS REPORT THAT THE ELECTRONIC THROTTLE BODY ASSEMBLY FAILS WHILE DRIVING, CAUSING A STALL

The North Carolina Consumers Council (NCCC) has officially petitioned the National Highway Safety Administration (NHTSA) for a defect investigation of alleged throttle body failures in 2005-2012 Ford Escape vehicles sharing the same or substantially similar part.

CONSUMER COMPLAINTS REGARDING STALLING

We began receiving complaints in 2011 regarding these vehicles in addition to the complaints received by the NHTSA. Consumers report repeated instances of the vehicles either stalling in motion or suddenly surging forward when accelerating from a stop, posing a serious safety risk to vehicle occupants, other motorists and pedestrians.

Some drivers reported intermittent vehicle stalls and surges as they enter traffic from a stopped position or while driving at highway speeds.

PROBLEM APPEARS TO BE INTERMITTENT

As the problem was initially intermittent, the drivers continued to operate their vehicles in this condition, eventually to the point of keeping one foot on the brake while stopped and the other on the gas pedal to keep the vehicle running. Obviously, doing so is dangerous.

THROTTLE BODY TROUBLE CODES

In our complaints, the problem was diagnosed as a failed throttle body, with trouble codes P2111 and P2112 present in the on-board computer system, indicating the electronic throttle actuator control system was stuck open and closed, respectively.

In these cases, drivers reported no warning signs prior to the initial failure or prior to subsequent failures.

FORD ACKNOWLEDGES SEVERAL PREVIOUS THROTTLE BODY ISSUES

Ford has issued several technical service bulletins (TSBs) for various models throughout the years for issues relating to electronic throttles.

UPDATE: INVESTIGATION IS OPEN

The NHTSA has opened an investigation into this issue.