WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

How would you read this?

Nordie

Reaction score
With all of these solar fields that are built in Nevada, the power is all directed to Southern California. Sure they can move it around, but the market power part got me a little. Looks like little Vegas is just a suburb of SoCal.

We have endured a pretty hot summer here in Vegas, now we are just getting sent this email? I thought you guys had the good weather and green energy.

Some reason this email pissed me off. Maybe I'm not understanding correctly, but it seems we gotta take care of California.
Screenshot_20210908-121019_Gmail.jpg
Screenshot_20210908-121131_Gmail.jpg

hallett21

Reaction score
Sounds like NV energy can handle the load but doesn’t want any unnecessary loads. If they lose a transformer it won’t matter who’s fault it is when people are without AC and refrigeration.

I see what you’re saying as CA may request more energy due to their demand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike K

Reaction score
Yeah I agree with you …I’d be pissed too … so California has another problem … why ? … because the state has no leadership.
So Nevada has had good leadership to maintain the standard of living now has to take care of another state?So CA has done nothing for over 50 years except spend taxpayer money on government employees and immigrants … so now CA wants you to help ?
Kinda like the squirrel that saved away acorns for winter and the next door neighbor that didn’t now wants your nuts.
Mad ? Rightfully so.

jailbird141

Reaction score
Hello Nevada, welcome to the California way of life. Those that prepare, work hard and are responsible, will have to give to the unprepared, non-working, irresponsible people. The "haves" must take care of the "have nots". You have power so you must give it to those who do not.

LazyLavey

Reaction score
I see it as Newscum will suck on anyones tit

nowski

Reaction score
I would read it between the lines...

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
Between 5 and 8 solar production drops to zero. That will always be a problem when they rely on solar. I do all my high load stuff during the day when I am making the most with my solar.

zbudman

Coors Light Strong
Reaction score
We get letters monthly from the Power Company telling us we use more than our neighbors and to conserve. Amazing in modern times we don't have enough electricity.

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
Sounds like they destroyed a few to many power generation plants

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Singleton

Reaction score
Has anyone done a study to see if these solar farms have a negative impact on the local climate where they are located. Wondering if the solar farm actually causes an increase in average temp, and impacts the weather cycles.

Nordie

Reaction score
The end result is people think that they're doing the green thing whether it be, solar fields, electric vehicles, wind farms.

The end result is big powered diesel vehicles are moving whatever rare earth material that is needed to make the soccer mom feel like they are saving the environment.

Green energy is not clean energy, and no one seems to understand it.

Singleton

Reaction score
We get letters monthly from the Power Company telling us we use more than our neighbors and to conserve. Amazing in modern times we don't have enough electricity.

i get those all the time. Then I started asking my neighbors and it looks the same.
even the guy across the street with solar has the letter saying he uses more then his neighbor.
letters are rigged to make you think you need to use less.

500bbc

Reaction score
i get those all the time. Then I started asking my neighbors and it looks the same.
even the guy across the street with solar has the letter saying he uses more then his neighbor.
letters are rigged to make you think you need to use less.
I watch a friend's house that's been vacant for years, she's always way up on overuse.
They're full of shit.

500bbc

Reaction score
Has anyone done a study to see if these solar farms have a negative impact on the local climate where they are located. Wondering if the solar farm actually causes an increase in average temp, and impacts the weather cycles.
Just like an urban heat sink.

LazyLavey

Reaction score
Are these the "Bird Killer" panels ?

Where's PETA

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
There was a recent article that large solar farms produce so much heat that they can impact weather patterns.
So they are the cause of global warming. Damn. Who woulda thunk

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

$hot

To say what? :)
Reaction score
Has Nothing to do with the energy issues in California or Nevada. If you use less energy, they can sell it at a higher price to the other states. Equaling more profits

81Sprint

Reaction score
There was a recent article that large solar farms produce so much heat that they can impact weather patterns.
SHHH! shut your mouth! that doesn't fit the green new deal agenda!

arch stanton

Reaction score
I try and use my welder when ever they call for using less power my way of telling when to build more power plants

530RL

Reaction score
Because utility plants are so capital intensive the marginal cost of actually producing electricity in the plant is a fraction of the total cost of producing electricity when considering the cost of capital of the plant.

Utility users always fight rate increases so utility companies enter into power sharing agreements to try to meet peak capacity yet not build any more plants than necessary.

For example APS in Arizona has power sharing agreements with NW utility providers as they need more energy in the winter whereas Arizona needs more energy in the summer. It is an attempt to meet peak demand with the least amount of capital expenditures for new plants.

The problem occurs when their models which make assumptions on when peak demand will hit are wrong and both locations have high loads. So they send out letters like this to try to meet peak demand in both places when their assumptions are wrong.

The alternative is that each utility spends lots of capital to build their own plants for peak power that then lies dormant and not efficient when loads are less. The result is that customers end up with higher rates to pay for the idle capital expenses that are not needed other than at peak times.

At the end of the day this is a result of the conflicting goals of as much energy as we want at peak times with the lowest rates possible.

Last edited:

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
Yes they do. It's called urban/localized warming. If you want a real world demonstration of the effect, put a large mirror on the floor of your greenhouse and see what happens.