WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

2022 Silverado Update

Cobalt232

Reaction score
Nice updates. We just got a 2021 Silverado Trail Boss with the 6.2 in July. I love the engine and 10-speed transmission. The interior, not so much. It also wanders a bit on the highway.

HCP3

Reaction score
What is with the track width on the ZR2?! You will need wheel spacers off the lot. Or proper wheel offset.

Screenshot_20210909-103612.png

Last edited:

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Nice updates. We just got a 2021 Silverado Trail Boss with the 6.2 in July. I love the engine and 10-speed transmission. The interior, not so much. It also wanders a bit on the highway.
I know you can turn the feature off but it still trips me out when my buddies engine shuts off at red lights.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Interior looks great…it’s about damned time

2.7L Turbo motor, that should be good for hauling big loads of fiberglass insulation and 36 packs from the store.

I dunno why it’s rating is so low in the current model…it has the same torque output, at waaay lower rpm, than the 6.2L [emoji2369]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

lbhsbz

Reaction score
Interior looks great…it’s about damned time

I dunno why it’s rating is so low in the current model…it has the same torque output, at waaay lower rpm, than the 6.2L [emoji2369]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

probably because it’ll blow up.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Wonder if they updated the seats. Most uncomfortable out of all the brands. The new screen in the dash looks awesome.

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
I’m not a fan of the narrow lower front bumper on the ZR2.

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
Biggest news on this video is that the 3.0 dmax got updated max tow numbers to 13,300.

ltbaney1

Reaction score
anyone else hate the shifter on the console?

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
What is with the track width on the ZR2?! You will need wheel spacers off the lot. Or proper wheel offset.

View attachment 1047238

GM has never been able to get truck track widths right, or get them close to matching front to rear. This has been an ongoing problem for 30 years. :)

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
This is one area that Ram has right. Just put some buttons for the trans and be done, or a column shifter and give me back the console space.

traquer

Reaction score
Yes, put it back where it belongs. Mercedes puts them next to the wheel too, but BMW puts them in the middle. Always hated that, no reason for it there in the middle in an automatic.

EmpirE231

Reaction score

not a fan of that... rather have more cupholder / storage

why even get rid of the console shifter? didn't really take up space or get in the way

ltbaney1

Reaction score
This is one area that Ram has right. Just put some buttons for the trans and be done, or a column shifter and give me back the console space.
something about the buttons bugs me to. give me something on the column to move, or a manual trans. its a truck dammit.

counterpart7

Reaction score
I like the interior. Needs up fitter switches, at least on the offroad models.

ZR2 looks cool. Those shocks seem to work well on the Colorado, but it's not even close to enough to compete with Raptor or TRX... obviously.

Seems like this should be the new "Trail Boss," and there should be something else coming to compete... but that seems unlikely. Die hard GM guys(like myself) have been hoping for something cool for years.. looks like they dropped the ball again.

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score

ZR2 looks cool. Those shocks seem to work well on the Colorado, but it's not even close to enough to compete with Raptor or TRX... obviously.

Seems like this should be the new "Trail Boss," and there should be something else coming to compete... but that seems unlikely. Die hard GM guys(like myself) have been hoping for something cool for years.. looks like they dropped the ball again.

I think it will depend how it's priced. If priced in Raptor/TRX territory then definitely dropped the ball. If priced in Tremor/Rebel territory I think it could be a home run. These shocks should be miles ahead of the units on Tremor/Rebel, not to mention standard front and rear locking diffs.

counterpart7

Reaction score
I think it will depend how it's priced. If priced in Raptor/TRX territory then definitely dropped the ball. If priced in Tremor/Rebel territory I think it could be a home run. These shocks should be miles ahead of the units on Tremor/Rebel, not to mention standard front and rear locking diffs.
100% agree!

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

ZR2 will be more, probably start close to $60K. The Rebel and Tremor are already priced similar to the Trail Boss starting in the low $50k range.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score

Thats kinda GM's thing. They leave it to the aftermarket to truly compete with trucks like that. Even going back to the street truck days of the Lightning and SRT-10 Ram. GM had the Silverado SS. It was cool. and it was better than an OG truck, but it still didn't compete with those other 2 performance wise.

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
They should leave the shifter on the column, now you lose half of the storage in the console. If you actually did any shifting like manual mode that would be okay, but to eliminate the column shifter that is just lame.

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
ZR2 will be more, probably start close to $60K. The Rebel and Tremor are already priced similar to the Trail Boss starting in the low $50k range.

Depending on how it's optioned starting close to 60 is in the neighborhood. The tremor my dad just picked up was at 68 or 69k

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Depending on how it's optioned starting close to 60 is in the neighborhood. The tremor my dad just picked up was at 68 or 69k

The Tremor pricing is pretty wide. It is an almost $20K swing between a base one and a loaded one like your dad got. A base Tremor is $51K. A base Trail Boss is over $50 with the small engine. I'd expect the Base Zr2 to be at least $6-8K+ more when similarly equipped. An LT Trailboss with a 5.3 starts at $53K, and you are over $55.5K if you want the 6.2. The Zr2 is going to be just a tick cheaper than a base Raptor.

counterpart7

Reaction score
Thats kinda GM's thing. They leave it to the aftermarket to truly compete with trucks like that. Even going back to the street truck days of the Lightning and SRT-10 Ram. GM had the Silverado SS. It was cool. and it was better than an OG truck, but it still didn't compete with those other 2 performance wise.
Agreed. And the GM platform probably has the most aftermarket support. Honestly, competing with the Raptor and TRX with a bolt on kit and fenders isn't that hard and will handle much better. But people want it from the factory.

Deckin Around

Reaction score

I've owned a LOT of chevy trucks years 99,2003,2006, 2007, 2011, 2015, 2017 )and my 2021 Trailboss suspension went to shit in 10k miles and is worse than z71 trucks I put 100k miles on. Seriously. Like it bounces off the front stops constantly. Blew 1 rear factory Rancho shock for no reason at all and leaked all over my driveway for 3 days until I pulled it myself and dropped on the service desk at Chevy. I even put air bags on the rear so trailers put less stress on it. I have 2.5" kings with adjusters for the rear and will probably swap springs to deaver leafs if there is still an issue. My King coilover fronts are a few months backordered still.

rush1

Reaction score
Bitchen truck but screw that 2.7

Cobalt232

Reaction score
I know you can turn the feature off but it still trips me out when my buddies engine shuts off at red lights.
Yeah, I hate that. You can turn it off, but you have to do it for every trip. I believe Silverados that were made after sometine in June don't have that 'feature' due to chip shortages.

The Audi dealer turned it off with the dealer software for my dad when he asked them.

Cobalt232

Reaction score
I've owned a LOT of chevy trucks years 99,2003,2006, 2007, 2011, 2015, 2017 )and my 2021 Trailboss suspension went to shit in 10k miles and is worse than z71 trucks I put 100k miles on. Seriously. Like it bounces off the front stops constantly. Blew 1 rear factory Rancho shock for no reason at all and leaked all over my driveway for 3 days until I pulled it myself and dropped on the service desk at Chevy. I even put air bags on the rear so trailers put less stress on it. I have 2.5" kings with adjusters for the rear and will probably swap springs to deaver leafs if there is still an issue. My King coilover fronts are a few months backordered still.
Let us know how the coilovers are when you get them. How is the tracking on yours? Maybe I was just used to our F250, but the Trail Boss seems twitchy.