WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

RIP Roger Roadstrom Jr.

Bobsnipper110

Reaction score
It is with heavy heart that I announce that Roger Roadstrom Jr. passed away today of natural causes.
Roger was one of the good guys. A great caring man, and a sweet person until he was on the holding rope. Arguably one of the best flat bottom drag boat racers in history. Roger was a NJBA flat bottom champion many times. After the races, he was known as the Slinger or the Guy on the internet exchanging blows.
He will be missed dearly, survived by his mother Georgine and sister Tracy.

Roger will now be racing in heaven with his father Roger Sr.
Pedal to the metal, no down pedal.

RIP Bro, Joe LaKamp

blue wonder

Reaction score
Damn it!!!…raced a long time with him and talked shit back and forth at the track, on the rope and back in the hot boat and performance boat online days, was one of the best people I’ve ever known both on and off the track, sad day for sure…RIP Roady :(

white tortilla

Reaction score
CA372E6B-9F89-4A2F-A27C-7EAE1918A183.jpeg
14FD5523-A5BA-4A9C-8573-CB775B0AE1EF.jpeg

Clank123

Reaction score
Dang Joe!
So sorry for you, Tracy and Mrs Roadstrom’s loss.
That was a family I always enjoyed spending time with at the races.
I remember being pitted next to them one time when the boat exploded the tailhousing on the vdrive and jumping in to help fix it for the next round.
Very consistent driver and good guy!
Goodspeed my friend.
Dave

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Kids are not supposed to pass before their parents do. Sad to read.

Great tribute. 👍

Carrie1958

Reaction score
Such sad news to hear about Roger sending Prayers to his mother and Sister, such a great guy Roger you are so missed R.I.P. 🙏🏻💔🙏🏻

mark r / 019

Reaction score
Roger and I have been friends for many years . We meet at NJBA Boat races . He will be missed by those who knew Roger . Rogers humor was off the charts . Roger loved the River and all forms of racing . We did many of River trips together and always enjoyed his company . Boat racing the man was a stud ! Roger Sr and Roger Jr owned one of the cleanest Flat that I have seen . Roger could cut a light and be the most consistent guy on the rope . In Rogers early years he was a High School Foot Ball star . He set records at Los Alamitos high school . He earned a scholarship to New Mexico where he played football in College . Roger would tell me stories of his College days . I believe that was when Roger was his happiest time in life . RIP my friend . Mark

BassLakeCruiser

Reaction score
So sad to hear. Great people. All so helpful when we started racing and Jr would always stop by and make sure we were doing good. He wanted me to buy that damn flat when they got out of it, wish I was in the position to.