WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Florida traffic stop turned shootout

SoCalDave

Reaction score
YT comment:

Sheriff Wayne Ivey, Brevard County FL did a briefing on this. Basically said he knew the questions of why the mag dump at the end were going to be coming and he then stated "because evil cannot be dead enough".... Great Sheriff

Cdog

Reaction score
Was someone screaming like a chimp or am I crazy??

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
YT comment:

Sheriff Wayne Ivey, Brevard County FL did a briefing on this. Basically said he knew the questions of why the mag dump at the end were going to be coming and he then stated "because evil cannot be dead enough".... Great Sheriff
Yup, unfortunately the current environment means the suspects family will now be millionaires.

Crazy tactics used there from the get go. Hope the cops are all ok.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
So...two guys out of the car, hunky dory, everyone cool.
They left the psycho with gun in the back seat? Didn't know he was there?

Glad the dipshit's dead...hopefully "closed casket" kind of dead.

Side note, had never thought of how limo tint on cop cars could be bad for some situations. Obviously, not seeing who or what is in a suspect car, but but not being able to see a clear view through their own isn't good either.

rrrr

Reaction score
Our LEO can't let their guard down for a second, now that ambushes are proliferating.

You guys out there wearing the badge...stay vigilant. We want you to go home at the end of your shift. I'm grateful for your dedication, thank you.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
Glad the good guys won. Luckily the Shitbag didn’t know how to use that rifle as intended or this could have turned out bad!!

rrrr

Reaction score
Oh, FUCK NO!

TZHBUIO53BF2RBP63R52D5ZOK4.jpg

BREVARD COUNTY, Fla. – Saying, “It’s time for change,” Alton Edmond on Friday officially announced his run for Brevard County sheriff.

Edmond, a successful criminal defense attorney in Cocoa, discussed his previous experience with law enforcement before becoming an attorney.

“Now, detractors will tell you that I have no law enforcement experience. But what they continuously ignore is that as an attorney, every single day, my job is to enforce the very sacred law. The amendments that we all hold so very dear,” Edmond explained. “I’ll be honest with you. As a child, my views of law enforcement were not very positive at all. But through positive interaction from community-oriented police officers in my neighborhood, my views began to shift over time,” Edmond said.

During the news conference, Edmond discussed the passion and driving force behind his decision to enter the race.

“Transparency. Accountability. Civility. Community. These are basic expectations in public service and foundational American values for anyone entrusted to protect and serve,” he said.

Edmond will be running against current Brevard County Sheriff Wayne Ivey.

“It’s time that your sheriff promotes policy that strengthens the well-being of those deputies within the department,” Edmond added.

Edmond’s key message during the news conference was change.

“I love this community and I know the law. The two go hand in hand. I am running for this office because I know we can do a better job of practicing 21st-century policing strategies while simultaneously building solid relationships with all citizens in the communities we serve throughout Brevard County,” Edmond said.

Icky

Reaction score
Side note, had never thought of how limo tint on cop cars could be bad for some situations. Obviously, not seeing who or what is in a suspect car, but but not being able to see a clear view through their own isn't good either.

I always roll down my windows when I get pulled over. Even been asked if I did it because of the tint, I said nope I did it for your comfort, I can get the tint ticket signed off 😁

SixD9R

Reaction score
Great job to the officers to eliminate the scum bag and save their own lives. I copied and pasted the info from YT below that explains the video a bit. One officer was shot in the leg but is expected to make a full recovery.

Melbourne, Florida — The Brevard County Sheriff’s Office released dashcam footage showing two deputies who were attacked during a traffic stop on U.S. 192 in West Melbourne on Aug 30, 2021. The incident started around 1 p.m. Monday afternoon when Deputy Brian Potters conducted a traffic stop on a vehicle off of U.S. 192 just west of Interstate 95 in West Melbourne. In the very initial stages of the traffic stop, Deputy Tyler Thoman arrived on the scene and began to assist with addressing three occupants of the vehicle. At one point during the traffic stop, the passenger in the back seat of the car where the 2-month-old baby was contained, was asked to exit the vehicle at which time he immediately exited and produced a short stock rifle which he began firing at Deputy Potters. The man was identified as 38-year-old Paris Wilder of Cocoa. Deputy Potters was immediately shot by Wilder in the lower leg, at which time both Deputies returned fire in an effort to save their own lives, protect the others at the scene, and the 2-month-old baby in the rear of the car that was directly in the middle of the shootout. Wilder was the initial aggressor in this case as he concealed his weapon until he exited the vehicle and immediately began firing on Deputies in an attempt to take their lives and avoid arrest as he was wanted on several warrants. As Wilder continued to violently engage Deputies, he concealed himself multiple times behind the cars and eventually ran up behind Deputy Potters and used the butt of the rifle, to strike him multiple times in the head causing significant lacerations and tissue damage. Deputy Thoman on the scene once again engaged Wilder and shot him multiple times, eliminating the threat to himself and Deputy Potters…with the suspect being subsequently pronounced dead. Wilder was a Registered Career Criminal with 23 felony arrests and 17 misdemeanor arrests for narcotics trafficking, aggravated assault with a weapon, robbery with a firearm, battery on law enforcement officer, resisting arrest with violence and attempted first-degree felony murder. Deputy Potters is expected to make a full recovery.

clarence

Reaction score
That was all the rounds I had!!!

So, for much of the Bosnia mission, any request for air support still had to go through the United Nations chain. On multiple occasions, fighters orbited overhead for more than 30 minutes while the request for CAS was considered. By the time approval was granted, the shooting had stopped and the local thugs faded back into the countryside.

One day, the bureaucratic nightmare became too much. The sector patrolled by troops from Denmark was around Tuzla, the same place where Hillary Clinton claimed she came under sniper fire. But unlike Mrs. Clinton, the Danes had been taking actual fire from the Serbs and were determined to neutralize the threat, once and for all. On October 25, 1994, the Danish TACP reported that elements of the Nordic battalion was moving into action against the Serbs. One of our controllers asked if they were requesting CAS.

No, the Danes told us. We'll handle it.

That got a lot of attention in the back end of our airplane. The Danish TACP couldn't clear NATO fighters onto the Serb position without approval up the chain. So, how did the plan to deal with the Serbs?

We got the answer in short order. Our crew capsule was equipped with a crude e-mail system that allowed us to communicate without using the intercom. 'They're bring up tanks" the controller team told us.

In the early days of the Bosnia mission, Denmark was the only country that sent tanks as part of its military contingent. Not light tanks or armored cars, but Leopard I main battle tanks. As I recall, the Danes sent three Leopards to deal with the problem. Along the way, they were engaged by a Russian-built T-55, operated by Serb forces. It was quickly knocked out, along with a recoilless rifle.

Once in position, the Danish tanks pounded the Serbian position. Officially, the Leopards fired a total of 21 rounds from their 105 mm main guns. But a few years later, I heard a different version of events during a presentation from U.S. Navy Admiral Leighton "Snuffy" Smith, who was commander of NATO forces in Bosnia in 1994.

According to Admiral Smith, one of the Leopards, commanded by a female tanker, expended all of its 105mm ammunition against the Serb position. Smith later met with the tank crews and asked the young officer why she had fired so many rounds during that engagement.

"Because," she said, "that was all I had."