WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

HEY--LAM, BOUGHT A BOAT TODAY...

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
1631419280133.png

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Seems like a lot of boat for the $!
tHATS WHAT i THOUGHT SO i WENT AND PICKED IT UP today....it's as nice or nicer than the pics... 190 hrs on the 496 ho, these have the same bottom as the wild cat,...

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
Looks well kept. I look forward to seeing the transformation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dalton

Reaction score
Keepin the whale tail? Wamo plate upgrade in future?

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Every now and then,... you come across something that is what the owner says,... I don't like the term excellent , perfect and such.... but this is a boat that has been kept "AS NEW".... I walked around it before I hauled it home and could find nothing that needed replaced or repaired...

. Here was my plan when I bought it... get rid of one of the pontoons... My big want is to make one of these a center console /center steer.... so what I wanted to do was gut the interior and start over... I wanted to start with a boat with good power, the low hour 496 ho was perfect for my plan... these boats run in the 70's and will spin a 26 p prop....

next, I wanted a boat with gel that needed little or no repair...and colors that were easy on the eye so to speak.... this boat fits that... the gel is as new.. and the bottom has never been beached...

next I wanted a trailer , triple axel,.. easy enough to add an axel,... but this trailer is perfect for the boat as is,.. it's custom finished and painted...and pinstriped.... I have to guess on the bunks as it hasn't been on the trailer... but again,... it's as new ... towed it home with my ford van... tow like it wasn't back there... so again,... I would have a hard time messing with the trailer...

I'm not a big stereo guy, but who ever built the boat was... stereo shit every where, triple battery's and on board battery charger...

so here's the so far,... I buy the boat,... I've been telling my wife that I wanted to get a boat,... having 2 pontoons,.. I still feel boat less... so driving home.... not on the way, or before I bought it.. my wife says,.. what are you gonna do with this boat,?,, I say ,g onna take it on the water and make sure we like it, then get rid of one of the pontoons... she say's,.. well I don't wanna get rid of my pontoon, and I like having a pontoon at each house, I don't care how many boats you have,... but if I wanted a deck boat I would have kept my wild cat, trip[le trailer and and a 525... that you sold because pontoons are better... remember....

not much was said for miles and miles, in fact, she she got a book out and started reading it.....lol... funny how much better you think about things out on the lonesome hi way... and "AFTER" you do some thing...

so what am I gonna do with this boat????...... I stand here scratching my head and drinking coffee,.. might have to crack open a beer so I can think straight.....lol

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
So to all that are reading this, question.... What would you do,... and as always.... feel free to bash my new boat as those have done in the past,..I don't have any love affair for this boat, but will say this...this previous owner did and kept it as new...

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
So to all that are reading this, question.... What would you do,... and as always.... feel free to bash my new boat as those have done in the past,..I don't have any love affair for this boat, but will say this...this previous owner did and kept it as new...

Clean boat.. personally I’d rub it twice and sell it. Lol.

Heylam

Reaction score
So many custom touches on that boat. I’d use it, enjoy it, and just take pride in ownership. Very nice boat at a great deal.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Yeah but I think that year was when they transitioned to marine hardware.
also... this year was a garylench fiber glass boat,... not gonna get into the argument about them using different resin and such... but,.. as far as cheetah goes, they quit laying up there hulls before this one was built..

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
not a bash, but all these deck boat are open in the bow. some how I feel there should be a gate or something. certainly if children on board...

bc4f77af-dd21-4819-97e2-3c739d10d3d6-jpeg.1048196
that was an option,... they had a gate wall that you could buy when they built the boat,... also, Bob was kinda cool in the way that he would do most anything you would pay for....

1631466405359.png

Last edited:

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
That to me just doesn’t seem like a good deal on a cheetah.
show me what boat today is a good deal... I think the whole market is crazy... but I would rather have the boat than the money,,, 100 dollar bills seem to have lost 1/2 the worth lately... and it just keeps getting worse... a 50k used magic brings 100k... everybody turns all my threads in to for sale threads,.. truth is I have buyers for the boat if I wanted to sell... people have already figured out that I jumpped into my van and went and got the boat,.. it's mine now... to do what I please... the boat wasn't really available till next weekend or it would have been sold before I got there... I said , it won't take but a few minutes for me to count out the money and hook up to my van... and be gone.... so they said ok... it's really a sellers market... but when the thing the person that calls wants to know is whats the least you will take.... most sellers seems to get offended...

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
you didn't even test ride it?
Did you at least start it?
Did you negotiate?
Or just hand him $59k?
no need to do any of that.... guess i'll take my hicky when I put it in the water... I know these boats well and what could be wrong.... IMHO,.... there is no competition to this boat.... it the best riding , and fastest in the 24' and under class....

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
just mho, but I think these 8' tall bimini's are worthless.. you only get shade in the boat at high noon

1631466832565.png

Reactions: DWC

LuauLounge

Reaction score
I bought my Donzi exactly the same way. Talking to the buyer who was the original owner, he approached me on a WTB ad I placed. 10 year old boat that was flawless, he had the receipts for replacing the original 350 with a new 496HO, etc. He was a guy that had too much money, not enough time, and the girlfriend was not into boating..
I did have to replace a snap on the strap that held the boarding ladder.

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
For today's market that seems like a good deal. Those boats are crazy spacious. I hung out with Hot Diggety Dog a couple times on his. It was comfy!

185EZ

Takin it EZ
Reaction score
no need to do any of that.... guess i'll take my hicky when I put it in the water... I know these boats well and what could be wrong.... IMHO,.... there is no competition to this boat.... it the best riding , and fastest in the 24' and under class....
Sorry
I was all wrong
This is my first time buying and I look up to you

Last edited:

mobldj

Reaction score
just mho, but I think these 8' tall bimini's are worthless.. you only get shade in the boat at high noon

View attachment 1048333
that was my cheetah,bimini was awesome.and i only paid 63000 out the door brand spankin new.in fact bob used my boat for his web site add for the 24ft cheetah.and that upolstery was redone because bobs person did some fugly designs imo.my cheetah also had the first walk thru instead of climbing down the ass end.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
that was my cheetah,bimini was awesome.and i only paid 63000 out the door brand spankin new.in fact bob used my boat for his web site add for the 24ft cheetah.and that upolstery was redone because bobs person did some fugly designs imo.my cheetah also had the first walk thru instead of climbing down the ass end.
your's was the one my wife shown me about how much shade you have... the other one was the one I showed her that has no shade

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
The problem for me with the high bimini tops on poles is all the work you have to do to put them down flat, when you get off the water and head home they won't go in a 8ft high, or 9ft high garage door.... that and in the winter and spring time, some times I don't want the bimini top up

guest hs

Reaction score
show me what boat today is a good deal... I think the whole market is crazy... but I would rather have the boat than the money,,, 100 dollar bills seem to have lost 1/2 the worth lately... and it just keeps getting worse... a 50k used magic brings 100k... everybody turns all my threads in to for sale threads,.. truth is I have buyers for the boat if I wanted to sell... people have already figured out that I jumpped into my van and went and got the boat,.. it's mine now... to do what I please... the boat wasn't really available till next weekend or it would have been sold before I got there... I said , it won't take but a few minutes for me to count out the money and hook up to my van... and be gone.... so they said ok... it's really a sellers market... but when the thing the person that calls wants to know is whats the least you will take.... most sellers seems to get offended...
The sellers market has come to end. Guarantee you just lost money on this boat if you don’t sell it in the next 30 days. Boats will not bring the big money next spring and there won’t be many buyers this fall or winter mark my word. If you have someone that wants this boat now you might want to unload it!

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
The sellers market has come to end. Guarantee you just lost money on this boat if you don’t sell it in the next 30 days. Boats will not bring the big money next spring and there won’t be many buyers this fall or winter mark my word. If you have someone that wants this boat now you might want to unload it!
so what you are saying is, "nice boat steve.... looks clean....!!!"

Raffit78

Reaction score

can’t disagree with you on this. There was 400 boats for sale pre 4th of July. I posted how many boats were for sale end of 4th of July weekend on “onlyinboards.com” it was 1256

today there is 2450

67A8D9CA-4809-4C65-BA21-7FA75E182164.png
BE6CED28-54AA-4A47-9FBC-855EC99055C6.png