WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Voting in California

farmo83

Reaction score
I live in Texas and have my whole life. Here we have to present ID to vote, while listening to a podcast about upcoming voting laws they said in California all you had to do was walk into a voting place in your local district and give them your name IE "I'm so and so and would like to vote" and away you go. Is this true ?

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I live in Texas and have my whole life. Here we have to present ID to vote, while listening to a podcast about upcoming voting laws they said in California all you had to do was walk into a voting place in your local district and give them your name IE "I'm so and so and would like to vote" and away you go. Is this true ?

No...it’s false.
The truth is that your vote has already been cast for you.

Backlash

Reaction score
No...it’s false.
The truth is that your vote has already been cast for you.

I've been saying this very thing. Call me crazy, but deep down inside, I feel as though there is a giant warehouse somewhere out in the Valley, that is stacked full of boxes filled with completed ballots. I hope and pray I'm wrong, but I just don't see this POS Governor being recalled, no matter how many of us vote "Yes" for the recall. 🤬 Look at how many "Technical issues" are already being reported.

4Waters

Reaction score
Yes it's true

In all the years voting I was never asked for id. Just name and address

The first time they didn't ask me for ID was 2004

charred1

Reaction score
F012EE88-52A5-4474-B6E8-B59F9BED1B9C.jpeg
Just voted. So, yes it is true. They did confirm my name address and that I was a registered voter based on my voter registration ID #.

hallett21

Reaction score
My mom just texted me that she went to her polling location in Agoura (she and my younger brother both live off of kanan).

“Voting system is screwed up: they show no record of any voters at our address despite the fact they sent us mail in ballots. I cast my vote as a provisional voter! “

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EmpirE231

Reaction score
love how there’s soooo many articles about “ don’t believe in the Republican lie that there’s fraud”

and how they turned it into a recall because of "republicans" and "Trump supporters" lol....... they really believe their voters are that dumb!

JBZ

Reaction score
So as I read this.
If you do not surrender your vote by mail ballot when voting in person you vote by provisional ballot.
This means every person in CA who votes in person votes by provisional ballot.
From what I understand, provisional ballots go to adjudication for verification.
We all know what happens during adjudication

Unless you give them your mail in ballot. What happens to those mail in ballots that are surrendered

I. California Law and Provisional Voting
California law provides that any voter claiming to be properly registered, but whose qualifications cannot be immediately established upon examination of the list of registered voters for the precinct or the records on file with the county elections official, is entitled to cast a provisional ballot. (Elec. Code, §§ 2300, 14310(a).)

The county elections official must advise voters of their right to cast a provisional ballot and must provide the voter with written instructions regarding the provisional voting process and procedures. State law requires people who vote a provisional ballot to execute, in the presence of the county elections official, a written affirmation, stating that they are eligible to vote and are registered in the county where they desire to vote. (Elec. Code, § 14310(a).)

Additionally, vote-by-mail voters shall be issued provisional ballots if: 1) they are unable to surrender their vote-by-mail ballot and the precinct board, vote center election board, or elections official cannot verify if the voters have returned their voted vote-by-mail ballot, and notate the voters’ voter record accordingly or 2) they are unable to surrender their vote-by-mail ballot and the precinct board or elections official cannot readily determine if the voters are in the correct polling location. (Elec. Code, §§ 3016, 14310.)

Last edited:

JBZ

Reaction score
IF you are voting in person, bring your mail in ballot to surrender.
I hope this will stop some of the monkey business that will be going on in this election.

4Waters

Reaction score
So as I read this.
If you do not surrender your vote by mail ballot when voting in person you vote by provisional ballot.
This means every person in CA who votes in person votes by provisional ballot.
From what I understand, provisional ballots go to adjudication for verification.
We all know what happens during adjudication

Unless you give them your mail in ballot. What happens to those mail in ballots that are surrendered

I. California Law and Provisional Voting
California law provides that any voter claiming to be properly registered, but whose qualifications cannot be immediately established upon examination of the list of registered voters for the precinct or the records on file with the county elections official, is entitled to cast a provisional ballot. (Elec. Code, §§ 2300, 14310(a).)

The county elections official must advise voters of their right to cast a provisional ballot and must provide the voter with written instructions regarding the provisional voting process and procedures. State law requires people who vote a provisional ballot to execute, in the presence of the county elections official, a written affirmation, stating that they are eligible to vote and are registered in the county where they desire to vote. (Elec. Code, § 14310(a).)

Additionally, vote-by-mail voters shall be issued provisional ballots if: 1) they are unable to surrender their vote-by-mail ballot and the precinct board, vote center election board, or elections official cannot verify if the voters have returned their voted vote-by-mail ballot, and notate the voters’ voter record accordingly or 2) they are unable to surrender their vote-by-mail ballot and the precinct board or elections official cannot readily determine if the voters are in the correct polling location. (Elec. Code, §§ 3016, 14310.)

IF you are voting in person, bring your mail in ballot to surrender.
I hope this will stop some of the monkey business that will be going on in this election.

My wife and I both took our mail in ballots with us to vote in person and they didn't want them.

JBZ

Reaction score
My wife and I both took our mail in ballots with us to vote in person and they didn't want them.
So does that mean you voted a provisional ballot?

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
There's no way he'll be re-called . . . this damn state is so screwed up with psycho libs. 'IF' it even gets close, they'll cook the books.
I sure as hell hope I'm wrong . . . but I just don't see it happening. I commend everyone who has put effort into this re-call, and I'd say "Maybe it'll send a message", but in reality it will probably have the opposite effect . . . that narcissistic ego-maniac SOB weirdo will be emboldened . . . just watch him gleen after he wins and the MSM run with it. Pathetic and absolutely disgusting.

Angler

Tritoon Racing
Reaction score
Voted in person today, they scan the barcode from the mail in form, and asked me to verify the year I was born. No ID needed... BS

4Waters

Reaction score
Voted in person today, they scan the barcode from the mail in form, and asked me to verify the year I was born. No ID needed... BS
See everything is so different. We had a form to fill out,

Full legal name
Birthdate
Address

They take that and confirm the info with what is in the database, give you a sticker to give to the person that is printing the ballots, that person inputs a number and it prints the ballot.

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
Just voted in Huntington Beach ….. seemed legit … told them my name. They had me verify both my address & DOB …. Then signed a ‘digital tablet’ w/ a wond-pen …..they printed my ballot …. Took it to the booth….. filled-in ‘Yes’ & chose Elder ….. took it to ‘Station 3’ where a dude instructed me how to enter the ballot into the scanner (said he wasn’t allowed to touch it) …. Got confirmation and I was done.

Overall I was happy with the process …. BUT, I would like to see them scan my ‘Real ID CA Drivers License’ or something to make it even more secure.

‘EDIT’ …… there was a very good turnout …. Being ‘HB’ is pretty red I was happy to see a a lot of folks in line.

Last edited:

Turnup

Reaction score
Gettin ready to go drop ours off and noticed the window on both received in this house are torn at the same barcode dealio 🤔
20210913_172925.jpg

charred1

Reaction score
Why did you vote on the electronic system, your vote just got changed
Ha! Did you vote in person? It printed our vote out on a piece of paper and then I put it in a ballot box.

4Waters

Reaction score
Ha! Did you vote in person? It printed our vote out on a piece of paper and then I put it in a ballot box.
Yes I did vote in person, the lady that checked me in said no one has used the electronic voting machine yet, they made me use it in November🤬

charred1

Reaction score
The way they explained it to me was that it wasn’t an electronic vote. The vote I cast was printed right at in the booth I was in. It had a QR code that I was able to snap a picture of and confirm my selections. I then put the print out of my vote in a looked ballot box…same one people were dropping their mail in ballots in. We’ll see!

Turnup

Reaction score
I was told by someone tonight when I raised the question about the torn window and whether or not they showed I have voted already or not and they said they are not giving out that information as of today.
Newsome by 81M votes tomorrow...

nowski

Reaction score

I plan on doing the same thing, were you still able to vote in person?

nowski

Reaction score
I plan on doing the same thing, were you still able to vote in person?

Well it was a little harder to vote in person than first thought.

I went to my polling place (mail in ballot in hand) where I've voted in the past name isn't coming up, seriously!!! They look over everything again and say that I'm at the wrong polling place, seriously take 2. They say they can still help me, there looking for my ballot type (1699) and they can't find one in the box, seriously take 3. They then direct me to an electronic machine and bring up my ballot and then I vote. I seriously (take 4) think I just gave my vote away, I just hope that wasn't a Dominion machine.

I'm going to tell both my wife and daughter when they get home from work to go over to the other polling location so they can cast their vote old fashioned way!!!

On a depressing note: One of the ladies helping me (every bit of 70 years old) mentioned that she's voted only once in her lifetime. I can only guess what President she voted for, Hillary nah...

JBZ

Reaction score
Just voted in Huntington Beach ….. seemed legit … told them my name. They had me verify both my address & DOB …. Then signed a ‘digital tablet’ w/ a wond-pen …..they printed my ballot …. Took it to the booth….. filled-in ‘Yes’ & chose Elder ….. took it to ‘Station 3’ where a dude instructed me how to enter the ballot into the scanner (said he wasn’t allowed to touch it) …. Got confirmation and I was done.

Overall I was happy with the process …. BUT, I would like to see them scan my ‘Real ID CA Drivers License’ or something to make it even more secure.

‘EDIT’ …… there was a very good turnout …. Being ‘HB’ is pretty red I was happy to see a a lot of folks in line.
This was my experience also

Backlash

Reaction score
My experience was similar, with the use of a printed ballot, a digital tablet and scanner. I don't know if it was a Dominion machine or not, but it was definitely "High tech" and not the old school pencil and paper method. 🤬