WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Let’s Roll - 9/11

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Like so many others I remember exactly where I was and remember watching the second tower get hit!
I watched some of the documentaries last night and so heartbreaking!
This guy stood out to me ❤️

Even more devastating is the terrorists that did this 20 years ago are now in the US Embassy in Kabul

I’m not a religious person but We need God now more than ever 🙏🏼

Todd: Hello… Operator…listen to me…I can’t speak very loud. – This is an emergency. I’m a passenger on a United flight to San Francisco.. We have a situation here….Our plane has been hijacked…..can you understand me?

Lisa: (exhaling a deep breath to herself) I understand… Can the hijackers see you talking on the phone?

Todd: No

Lisa: Can you tell me how many hijackers are on the plane?

Todd: There are three that we know of.

Lisa: Can you see any weapons? What kind of weapons do they have?

Todd: Yes…. they don’t have guns….they have knives – they took over the plane with knives.

Lisa: Do you mean…like steak knives?

Todd: No, these are razor knives…like box cutters.

Lisa: Can you tell what country these people are from?

Todd: No…..I don’t know. They sound like they’re from the mid-east.

Lisa: Have they said what they want?

Todd: Someone announced from the cockpit that there was a bomb on board. He said he was the captain and to stay in our seats and stay quiet.
He said that they were meeting these men’s demands and returning to the airport… It was very broken English, and… I’m telling you…it sounded fake!

Lisa: Ok sir, please give me your name.

Todd: My name is Todd Beamer.

Lisa: Ok Todd….my name is Lisa…Do you know your flight number? If you can’t remember, it’s on your ticket.

Todd: It’s United Flight 93.

Lisa: Now Todd, can you try to tell me exactly what happened?

Todd: Two of the hijackers were sitting in first class near the cockpit. A third one was sitting near the back of the coach section. The two up. front got into the cockpit somehow; there was shouting. The third hijacker said he had a bomb. It looks like a bomb. He’s got it tied to his waist with a red belt of some kind.

Lisa: So is the door to the cockpit open?

Todd: No, the hijackers shut it behind them.

Lisa: Has anyone been injured?

Todd: Yes, ..they…they killed one passenger sitting in first class. There’s been lots of shouting. We don’t know if the pilots are dead or alive. A flight attendant told me that the pilot and copilot had been forced from the cockpit and may have been wounded.

Lisa: Where is the 3rd hijacker now Todd?

Todd: He’s near the back of the plane. They forced most of the passengers into first class. There are fourteen of us here in the back. Five are flight attendants. He hasn’t noticed that I slipped into this pantry to get the phone. The guy with the bomb ordered us to sit on the floor in the rear of the plane……….oh Jesus.. Help!

Lisa: Todd….are you ok? Tell me what’s happening!

Todd: Hello…..We’re going down….I think we’re going to crash……Wait – wait a minute. No, we’re leveling off….we’re ok. I think we may be turning around…..That’s it – we changed directions. Do you hear me….we’re flying east again.

Lisa: Ok Todd…. What’s going on with the other passengers?

Todd: Everyone is… really scared. A few passengers with cell phones have made calls to relatives. A guy, Jeremy, was talking to his wife just before the hijacking started. She told him that hijackers had crashed two planes into the World Trade Center……Lisa is that true??

Lisa: Todd…..I have to tell you the truth…..it’s very bad. The World Trade Center is gone. Both of the towers have been destroyed.

Todd: Oh God —help us!

Lisa: A third plane was taken over by terrorists. It crashed into the Pentagon in Washington DC. Our country is under attack….and I’m afraid that your plane may be part of their plan.

Todd: Oh dear God. Dear God…….Lisa, will you do something for me?

Lisa: I’ll try….if I can….Yes.

Todd: I want you to call my wife and my kids for me and tell them what’s happened. Promise me you’ll call..

Lisa: I promise – I’ll call.

Todd: Our home number is 201 353-1073…….You have the same name as my wife…Lisa….We’ve been married for 10 years. She’s pregnant with our 3rd child. Tell her that I love her…….(choking up)..I’ll always love her..(clearing throat) We have two boys.. David, he’s 3 and Andrew, he’s 1…..Tell them……(choking) tell them that their daddy loves them and that he is so proud of them. (clearing throat again) Our baby is due January 12th…..I saw an ultra sound…..it was great….we still don’t know if it’s a girl or a boy………Lisa?

Lisa: (barely able to speak) I’ll tell them, I promise Todd.

Todd: I’m going back to the group—if I can get back I will…

Lisa: Todd, leave this line open…are you still there?……

Lisa: (dials the phone..) Hello, FBI, my name is Lisa Jefferson, I’m a telephone supervisor for GTE. I need to report a terrorist hijacking of a United Airlines Flight 93….Yes I’ll hold.

Goodwin: Hello, this is Agent Goodwin.. I understand you have a hijacking situation?

Lisa: Yes sir, I’ve been talking with a passenger, a Todd Beamer, on Flight 93 who managed to get to an air phone unnoticed.

Goodwin: Where did this flight originate, and what was its destination?

Lisa: The flight left Newark New Jersey at 8 A.M. departing for San Francisco. The hijackers took over the plane shortly after takeoff, and several minutes later the plane changed course – it is now flying east.

Goodwin: Ms. Jefferson…I need to talk to someone aboard that plane. Can you get me thru to the planes phone?

Lisa: I still have that line open sir, I can patch you through on a conference call…hold a mo…..

Todd: Hello Lisa, Lisa are you there?

Lisa: Yes, I’m here. Todd, I made a call to the FBI, Agent Goodwin is on the line and will be talking to you as well.

Todd: The others all know that this isn’t your normal hijacking. Jeremy called his wife again on his cell phone. She told him more about the World Trade Center and all.

Goodwin: Hello Todd. This is Agent Goodwin with the FBI. We have been monitoring your flight. Your plane is on a course for Washington, DC. These terrorists sent two planes into the World Trade Center and one plane into the Pentagon. Our best guess is that they plan to fly your plane into either the White House or the United States Capital Building.

Todd: I understand…hold on……I’ll…….I’ll be back..

Lisa: Mr. Goodwin, how much time do they have before they get to Washington?

Goodwin: Not long ma’am. They changed course over Cleveland; they’re approaching Pittsburgh now. Washington may be twenty minutes away.

Todd: (breathing a little heavier) The plane seems to be changing directions just a little. It’s getting pretty rough up here. The plane is flying real erratic….We’re not going to make it out of here. Listen to me….I want you to hear this….I have talked with the others….we have decided we would not be pawns in these hijackers suicidal plot.

Lisa: Todd, what are you going to do?

Todd: We’ve hatched a plan. Four of us are going to rush the hijacker with the bomb. After we take him out, we’ll break into the cockpit. A stewardess is getting some boiling water to throw on the hijackers at the controls. We’ll get them….and we’ll take them out. Lisa, …..will you do one last thing for me?

Lisa: Yes…What is it?

Todd: Would you pray with me?

They pray: Our father which art in Heaven

Hallowed be thy name,

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done

on earth as it is in heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread,

And forgive us our trespasses

As we forgive our trespassers,

And lead us not into temptation

But deliver us from evil

For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory

Forever…..Amen

The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want…

He makes me to lie down in green pastures

He leads me beside the still waters

He restores my soul

He leads me in paths of righteousness

for His name’s sake

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death

I will fear no evil, for thou art with me…..

Todd: (softer) God help me…Jesus help me….(clears throat and louder)

Are you guys ready?……..

Let’s Roll……………………
30E702BC-4876-44A6-84D9-30272D93468F.jpeg

jonnyd

Reaction score
We do need God back in our country. I saw this verse somewhere else this morning.

Singleton

Reaction score
Like so many others I remember exactly where I was and remember watching the second tower get hit!
This guy stood out to me ❤

Even more devastating is the terrorists that did this 20 years ago are now in the US Embassy in Kabul

Todd: Hello… Operator…listen to me…I can’t speak very loud. – This is an emergency. I’m a passenger on a United flight to San Francisco.. We have a situation here….Our plane has been hijacked…..can you understand me?

Lisa: (exhaling a deep breath to herself) I understand… Can the hijackers see you talking on the phone?

Todd: Yes…. they don’t have guns….they have knives – they took over the plane with knives.

Todd: Someone announced from the cockpit that there was a bomb on board. He said he was the captain and to stay in our seats and stay quiet.
He said that they were meeting these men’s demands and returning to the airport… It was very broken English, and… I’m telling you…it sounded fake!

Lisa: Ok Todd….my name is Lisa…Do you know your flight number? If you can’t remember, it’s on your ticket.

Todd: Two of the hijackers were sitting in first class near the cockpit. A third one was sitting near the back of the coach section. The two up. front got into the cockpit somehow; there was shouting. The third hijacker said he had a bomb. It looks like a bomb. He’s got it tied to his waist with a red belt of some kind.

Todd: Yes, ..they…they killed one passenger sitting in first class. There’s been lots of shouting. We don’t know if the pilots are dead or alive. A flight attendant told me that the pilot and copilot had been forced from the cockpit and may have been wounded.

Todd: He’s near the back of the plane. They forced most of the passengers into first class. There are fourteen of us here in the back. Five are flight attendants. He hasn’t noticed that I slipped into this pantry to get the phone. The guy with the bomb ordered us to sit on the floor in the rear of the plane……….oh Jesus.. Help!

Todd: Hello…..We’re going down….I think we’re going to crash……Wait – wait a minute. No, we’re leveling off….we’re ok. I think we may be turning around…..That’s it – we changed directions. Do you hear me….we’re flying east again.

Todd: Everyone is… really scared. A few passengers with cell phones have made calls to relatives. A guy, Jeremy, was talking to his wife just before the hijacking started. She told him that hijackers had crashed two planes into the World Trade Center……Lisa is that true??

Lisa: Todd…..I have to tell you the truth…..it’s very bad. The World Trade Center is gone. Both of the towers have been destroyed.

Lisa: A third plane was taken over by terrorists. It crashed into the Pentagon in Washington DC. Our country is under attack….and I’m afraid that your plane may be part of their plan.

Todd: I want you to call my wife and my kids for me and tell them what’s happened. Promise me you’ll call..

Todd: Our home number is 201 353-1073…….You have the same name as my wife…Lisa….We’ve been married for 10 years. She’s pregnant with our 3rd child. Tell her that I love her…….(choking up)..I’ll always love her..(clearing throat) We have two boys.. David, he’s 3 and Andrew, he’s 1…..Tell them……(choking) tell them that their daddy loves them and that he is so proud of them. (clearing throat again) Our baby is due January 12th…..I saw an ultra sound…..it was great….we still don’t know if it’s a girl or a boy………Lisa?

Lisa: (dials the phone..) Hello, FBI, my name is Lisa Jefferson, I’m a telephone supervisor for GTE. I need to report a terrorist hijacking of a United Airlines Flight 93….Yes I’ll hold.

Goodwin: Hello, this is Agent Goodwin.. I understand you have a hijacking situation?

Lisa: Yes sir, I’ve been talking with a passenger, a Todd Beamer, on Flight 93 who managed to get to an air phone unnoticed.

Lisa: The flight left Newark New Jersey at 8 A.M. departing for San Francisco. The hijackers took over the plane shortly after takeoff, and several minutes later the plane changed course – it is now flying east.

Goodwin: Ms. Jefferson…I need to talk to someone aboard that plane. Can you get me thru to the planes phone?

Lisa: I still have that line open sir, I can patch you through on a conference call…hold a mo…..

Lisa: Yes, I’m here. Todd, I made a call to the FBI, Agent Goodwin is on the line and will be talking to you as well.

Todd: The others all know that this isn’t your normal hijacking. Jeremy called his wife again on his cell phone. She told him more about the World Trade Center and all.

Goodwin: Hello Todd. This is Agent Goodwin with the FBI. We have been monitoring your flight. Your plane is on a course for Washington, DC. These terrorists sent two planes into the World Trade Center and one plane into the Pentagon. Our best guess is that they plan to fly your plane into either the White House or the United States Capital Building.

Goodwin: Not long ma’am. They changed course over Cleveland; they’re approaching Pittsburgh now. Washington may be twenty minutes away.

Todd: (breathing a little heavier) The plane seems to be changing directions just a little. It’s getting pretty rough up here. The plane is flying real erratic….We’re not going to make it out of here. Listen to me….I want you to hear this….I have talked with the others….we have decided we would not be pawns in these hijackers suicidal plot.

Todd: We’ve hatched a plan. Four of us are going to rush the hijacker with the bomb. After we take him out, we’ll break into the cockpit. A stewardess is getting some boiling water to throw on the hijackers at the controls. We’ll get them….and we’ll take them out. Lisa, …..will you do one last thing for me?

Hallowed be thy name,

But deliver us from evil

Forever…..Amen

He restores my soul

for His name’s sake

Are you guys ready?……..

Let’s Roll…………………… View attachment 1047944

That would be Todd Beamer. Have heard a ton of stories about Todd, since he worked for Oracle when he passed being a true American. We have an annual leadership award in his honor.
His wife Lisa has written a couple books about that day and she hands out the award when it is given to an employee in my organization.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score

Hallowed be thy name,

But deliver us from evil

Forever…..Amen

He restores my soul

for His name’s sake

Are you guys ready?……..

Choked me up

riverroyal

Reaction score
This was plane 4 that crashed in penn. Funny how we almost forget about that one.
Great thread

DLC

Reaction score
Thanks for posting Dave!

I to hadn’t read or seen that! There are so many stories, so many personal experiences. We have so many average AMERICANS that when called upon will become HEROS and will sacrifice all to protect the RED, WHITE BLUE!!

I remember a feeling of unity and sorrow for those that lost their lives! GOD BLESS THE UNITED STATES !!

We have been under attack and it didn’t stop after September 11

Singleton

Reaction score
Choked me up

100%.
I knew a few folks (very close co-workers) who passed 20 years ago today.
Every year 9/11 hurts and is a somber day in my house. Usually spend it with family.
This year has impacted me more then most, and I think that is due to the events over the last 2-3 weeks

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Was always a hard thing to hear and read. I was in High school, I remember the BSA made several awards that still continue in his honor. Let's roll became a common theme for adverse situations.

Those guys who rushed those bastards are true heroes.

One of my childhood friends lost his dad in the towers...messed him up pretty bad. Was on a business trip...and just happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time.

2Driver

Reaction score
I'm glad there is so much honoring and ceremonies going on this year. I know its a landmark year, but in recent years I was concerned that remembrance was beginning to fade.

Even Biden did a pre-recorded speech for us to watch - wow. With what he just did, I guess its better he didn't face the nation live.

So many real heroes lost in this and in the 20 years after. Citizens remember, but it doesn't seem like governments do or at least they don't learn much. Clinton should have had that bastard after the first bombing of the towers in 1993, and for certain it should have been taken care of when Bush first took office.

I suppose the best thing to do on 911 is simply remember the people that put country before themselves.

Jed-O

Shitter was full!
Reaction score

Hallowed be thy name,

But deliver us from evil

Forever…..Amen

He restores my soul

for His name’s sake

Are you guys ready?……..

Thanks Dave,
I about lost my shit 😢👍

DB / HAV

Reaction score
Awesome Dave, really appreciate you posting this! I drove home from Havasu this morning, so cool to see all the people with flags on the overpasses going through Victorville. Pretty emotional! True hero’s for sure!!

jet496

Reaction score
You really don't hear much on the pentagon & this plane heading to the white house for some reason.

Also, I was thinking this morning how I'm good with most religions but this one seems to be an extremist one. If liberals let it sink into their brains how they treat women, and humans in general, they would ban the raghead terrorists altogether from coming here. I truly believe we should make a parking lot out of the entire Middle East before they do it to us, which the Karan says to not stop until the entire world is Muslim. It's only a matter of time before someone like Biden gives them nuclear bombs as some kind of middle of the night trade for who knows what.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Even Biden did a pre-recorded speech for us to watch - wow. With what he just did, I guess its better he didn't face the nation live.

The only way that coward was getting through a speech was in a controlled environment.

I saw more local ceremonies and events today than I have in a very long time...gives me hope for this nation.

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Nice to hear the whole transcript. This part of the hijackings really stuck with me when it originally happened, I even made "Let's Roll" stickers with American flags on them that I gave away for a few months. I'm still looking at one as I type above my desktop. Todd Beamer and the rest of the passengers and crew were real hero's.👍 RIP.

Wedgy

Reaction score
Thanks Pastor Dave. Pretty moving, Kind Sir. You may have missed your calling. Semper Fi. E Pluribus Unum.

Reactions: DLC

HBCraig

Reaction score

Hallowed be thy name,

But deliver us from evil

Forever…..Amen

He restores my soul

for His name’s sake

Are you guys ready?……..

Still very hard to read.

Danger Dave

Sarcastically Optimistic 😁
Reaction score

Havasu Surfer

Reaction score
The Slap Dick Lefts can keep trying to erase our history but they can't take away of memories and ability to remember that fateful day and what their policies perpetuate. God Bless America! Thanks RD