WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Traveling overseas question, COVID related

Joker

Reaction score
Have our 30th anniversary trip planned to Costa Rica end of October. Just saw yesterday that they’re in covid Level 4 and travel is not advised. Our trip is refundable but my concern is will we really ever be able to go If we don’t go now. Were being required to purchase extra health insurance should there be an emergency evacuation needed Because of health issues. One of us got the shot,the other has not.
would you risk it Or do you really think it’s a risk or a scare tactic

Tom Slick

Reaction score
Have our 30th anniversary trip planned to Costa Rica end of October. Just saw yesterday that they’re in covid Level 4 and travel is not advised. Our trip is refundable but my concern is will we really ever be able to go If we don’t go now. Were being required to purchase extra health insurance should there be an emergency evacuation needed Because of health issues. One of us got the shot,the other has not.
Personally I would not risk it. I have been trying to get down to the Bahama's for almost 2 years since this mess started and every time we tried to go the Bahama's were closed to travel. We finally gave up, as the risk of getting stuck somewhere wasn't worth it to us. I finally was able to get my money back for the trip. We have young children at home, so the risk wasn't worth it. That said, you only live once, so turn off the news, keep your fingers crossed and have a great trip...haha!

Joker

Reaction score
Personally I would not risk it. I have been trying to get down to the Bahama's for almost 2 years since this mess started and every time we tried to go the Bahama's were closed to travel. We finally gave up, as the risk of getting stuck somewhere wasn't worth it to us. I finally was able to get my money back for the trip. We have young children at home, so the risk wasn't worth it. That said, you only live once, so turn off the news, keep your fingers crossed and have a great trip...haha!

Our kid is 26 and can support herself if something were to go sideways. If i had younger kids I’d do what you are doing and not even question it.

sintax

Reaction score
My thoughts, which are worth just about nothing....

If you're in good health, with no or little to no lingering health issues, and you travel smart i THINK you could be ok. One thing to keep in mind the biggest issues are overcrowded indoor locations. In a lot of underdeveloped areas (and even urban USA), this includes homes that have 2-3 generations of families living in them, avoid crowded indoors at all costs. Luxury hotels / resorts should be good, they're not gonna pack you in. Avoid public transportation if possible, maybe rent your own car if you want to travel around?

Outdoors, keep your distance, and make smart calls and I think you can travel pretty safely, but going anywhere theres always risks. Have your documents in order before you leave (but i'm sure you already have things in order)

Ty N

Reaction score
We have been out of country once in May, now going again in October, we purchased the travel and health insurance, in case you are wondering going to Jamaica. We don't worry about it so much, but we are stubborn. Both have had it and recovered just fine, still have antibodies, hopefully that helps keep it away!!

Ty N

Reaction score
We had to test the day we left to come back home.
Test three days prior to leaving the U.S.

Singleton

Reaction score
Neighbors have a place in Costa Rica. They said don’t worry what the US says, focus on what is going on in country. They rent out their house and similar to the US, tenant stopped paying rent and they can’t get them out. Local rules are limiting what they can do currently and if the local city locks down, it gets ugly quick.

One shadow - Negative test required to get back into the states and if you test positive outside the US you are forced into an extended vacation on your credit card.

TrojanDan

Reaction score
Spent 8 nights in Costa Rica last month. Four nights in La Fortuna to do all the zip lining, white water rafting, sloth seeking, rain forest crap, and then four nights in Papagayo (Four Seasons) to chill on the beach. We had a nurse come to our hotel room to do our rapid COVID test. You need a negative result within 3 days of returning to the States. Don’t even bother trying to get on a return flight without a negative test. CR takes Covid more serious down there than the yahoo’s here. Everyplace I went the tourists, workers, and locals were masked up. Nobody bitching that their constitutional rights were being violated because they had to mask up. Three out of four in my family were vaccinated. Only my 10 year old was not. We had a great time. I would definitely go back.

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
Do it John. You'll be fine. Just take the same precautions that you do over here. You'll be outside most of the time. Have a good time.

Icky

Reaction score
We stopped in Nassau for 4 days as part of our honeymoon. PCR test 5 days prior to get there, daily health questions online, rapid test to get back.

Stayed at Atlantis. If we wanted to leave the hotel property we needed another rapid test as our had expired our day of arrival. Mask in doors and trying to order food/drinks outdoor by the pools etc.

Joker

Reaction score
We stopped in Nassau for 4 days as part of our honeymoon. PCR test 5 days prior to get there, daily health questions online, rapid test to get back.

Stayed at Atlantis. If we wanted to leave the hotel property we needed another rapid test as our had expired our day of arrival. Mask in doors and trying to order food/drinks outdoor by the pools etc.
I love the water slides at that place

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about getting sick, i'd be more worried about dealing with all the associated bullshit you are gonna encounter and have to navigate.

Personally i'd cancel the trip, get a refund, and go somewhere awesome inside the states. Plenty of bitchin stuff to see and do without all the extra hassles.

Unless you aren't worried about that, personally when i'm on vacation i want to unwind, not get wound up 🤣

Member: 71

M ǝ ɯ q ǝ ɹ : 7 1
Reaction score
Scare tactic. Don't sweat and have a great time. Get the test 3 days prior as required by the US. The chances of you getting a negative test "wink" "wink" are very slim to none. The airlines hardly pay any attention to it, from what I've noticed and entering back to the US Border Agents don't ask for it.

Orange Juice

Reaction score
I went to Key West for a week last winter between X-mad and New Years. We had a kick ass time, and the place was not filled with Miami daytrippers.
we flew into Fort Lauderdale, and drove into key west.
This year I’m book for one week Hawaii.
Go get the shot, and forget about.

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
I was in Japan for the Olympics, they were under a state of emergency when I was there. But when we got there it was no different that the US, people wearing masks and restaurants were open, we went out almost every night and had a great time. I can honestly say that I believe the media makes things sound worse than they really are. I'm vaccinated and I've been traveling quite a bit. If it were me, I would go. But I would also recommend you both get vaccinated, not a popular opinion on RDP but it's my choice and I'm glad I got the jab.

Last edited:

Havoc Powesports

Reaction score
We canceled Greece cruisethat was 2 weeks ago, and just canceled our river cruise for Nov in Germany. Not worth the hoops we were gonna have to jump thru and each country has different orders. It wasnt going to be much fun with some of the travel restrictions and covid restrictions being put in place. Along with if somebody came down with the vid your booted off ship to deal with it in a country on your dime. Mexico, bahamas etc I can get back private charter if needed with covid, europe private charter hell naw we dont ball like that!

Dalton

Reaction score
I would go.

At the moment though I’m approaching any traveling with the idea I can catch Covid where ever I go, last year I found out I had Covid by getting a PCR test for a flight from Africa to Brazil.

I’ve never paid attention to those travel warnings, using the same logic they do, the US should be Level 4 travel warning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boatpi

Reaction score
The biggest thing to worry about as previously noted is a Covid test within 48+ hours prior to returning.
We’re going to Italy late April next year and Italy has just declared our white vaccination cards as a pass-through the entire country equals a European pass for vaccination which is good.

We’ll see what happens and we have a Italy and Mediterranean cruise plan for June also but I’ve got the insurance for both just in case.

we’re trying to do a travel trip to Singapore in Indonesia where we do business at but it’s still a mess as is most of Asia.

Cobalt232

Reaction score
The biggest thing to worry about as previously noted is a Covid test within 48+ hours prior to returning.
We’re going to Italy late April next year and Italy has just declared our white vaccination cards as a pass-through the entire country equals a European pass for vaccination which is good.

We’ll see what happens and we have a Italy and Mediterranean cruise plan for June also but I’ve got the insurance for both just in case.

we’re trying to do a travel trip to Singapore in Indonesia where we do business at but it’s still a mess as is most of Asia.
Singapore is still requiring 14-day quarantine for people from the US. We wanted to go to the F1 race, but it ended up being canceled anyway.

boatpi

Reaction score
Actually Singapore has establish a new regulation as of September 1 if you’re vaccinated and tested you’re good but you have to have their app just like in Hawaii it’s getting better but it’s basically a month by month.
We’re staying away from Southeast Asia until next year every country has its own problems, it’s basically crabs in a basket, a mess

Dalton

Reaction score
Actually Singapore has establish a new regulation as of September 1 if you’re vaccinated and tested you’re good but you have to have their app just like in Hawaii it’s getting better but it’s basically a month by month.
We’re staying away from Southeast Asia until next year every country has its own problems, it’s basically crabs in a basket, a mess

Do you have a link regarding Singapore entrance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk