WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Any Mustang Mach E Owners?

KevinR

Reaction score
It’s time to retire my wife’s 2011 Audi A4 Wagon with 90K miles. She loves the car but it’s been burning through crankcase oil like crazy the last 5K miles. Our mechanic told us “these engines implode at 100K miles.” Carmax offered us $8,800 until 9/28.

So we checked out the Audi Q3, Q5 and SQ5 and she loves the SQ5. But we’ve never owned an electric car and the new Mach E is intriguing. She rarely drives over 100 miles in a day, probably averages less than 10 a day. We’re thinking maybe now is the time to give one a try. Went to the local Ford dealer and they had two GT Performance models. Top of the line. Couldn’t drive it due to it being a high performance car. Need to convince them you are a serious buyer to do that.

Anyone here have a Mach E that can give a short term ownership report? Or know someone who does? Thanks.

34C3E019-8721-4B16-AE8B-ACB4CD1CC451.png

Reactions: TPC

HBCraig

Reaction score
It’s time to retire my wife’s 2011 Audi A4 Wagon with 90K miles. She loves the car but it’s been burning through crankcase oil like crazy the last 5K miles. Our mechanic told us “these engines implode at 100K miles.” Carmax offered us $8,800 until 9/28.

So we checked out the Audi Q3, Q5 and SQ5 and she loves the SQ5. But we’ve never owned an electric car and the new Mach E is intriguing. She rarely drives over 100 miles in a day, probably averages less than 10 a day. We’re thinking maybe now is the time to give one a try. Went to the local Ford dealer and they had two GT Performance models. Top of the line. Couldn’t drive it due to it being a high performance car. Need to convince them you are a serious buyer to do that.

Anyone here have a Mach E that can give a short term ownership report? Or know someone who does? Thanks.

View attachment 1051791
A buddy of mine runs a Ford dealership. He let me take one out. They are pretty cool. Fast too.

Yoshiro

Reaction score
My wife pointed one out to me while we were driving around the other day. When I got up close I let her know she was mistaken, it was a Hyundai.

Being a life long Mustang fan (I've owned about 12), I'm very disappointed in Ford for calling this car a Mustang. Nothing against the car, it's a neat concept and I'm sure not a bad car at all. Just don't call it a mustang.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
My wife pointed one out to me while we were driving around the other day. When I got up close I let her know she was mistaken, it was a Hyundai.

Being a life long Mustang fan (I've owned about 12), I'm very disappointed in Ford for calling this car a Mustang. Nothing against the car, it's a neat concept and I'm sure not a bad car at all. Just don't call it a mustang.

Ford’s plan is to spin-off both Mustang, and Bronco, as their own brands, with many different models.

I’m not a fan of this, but they didn’t ask me [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

Badchoices03

Reaction score
My 10yo son is a Mustang fanatic, my wife is in the market for a new commuter vehicle and is weighing her options with electric cars, was considering the Mach E, wife thought the kid would be excited because it was a “mustang”…she was very disappointed when he told her the Mach E was a disgrace to Mustangs lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
I have been kicking around the same thing. I drive between 65 and 100 miles a day for work and the kid's stuff. An electric makes a lot of sense compared to the 17 explorer sport I am currently running. The wife works from home and we have a crew cab f150 that gets high teens for real trips. The explorer only averages about 19 -21 in my real world driving. Unfortunately I do not see this changing any time soon and with the fools in power, fuel is not getting cheaper.

I am thinking of a used Tesla or an E. I need something of a realistic size not some micro toy like the Bolt. This would turn into the weekend run around also. The truck would see 10k a year or less but the electric would see north of 20k. Not living in town has a cost....... you drive everywhere and its not a 1/4 mile at a time.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I wouldn't by ANY 100 percent electric vehicle. Too many things to go wrong. As in...

What if a situation come up where she NEEDS to be somewhere, and the batteries won't get her there?

Hard pass. Just doesn't make sense to me.

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
Tesla Model 3, most "American Made Car" you can buy

Mustang Mach E,-Made in Mexico

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Pictures don't do it fair. The E Mustang looks good in person.
A plumb used Tesla is almost the same price as new.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Ford’s plan is to spin-off both Mustang, and Bronco, as their own brands, with many different models.

I’m not a fan of this, but they didn’t ask me [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Yep dealers are building separate show rooms.

Next year Mazda is releasing an extended range electric.
250 mile e range with a tiny generator with few gallon gas tank to relieve range anxiety.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
When Lee Cocacola ran Ford didn't he call the Mustang "A secretary's car?"

When the 2500HD pukes I'm buying the Extended range E F150 . 0-60 4.2 sec,,, that'll work.
They are bad azzzzz.
Check out the tests on YouTube. Pay real close attention to the unique, amazing suspension. Dead fucking level across the Belgian blocks.

Charging stations everywhere we go now. Even road side rests across the country. Motels, stores, burger joints,, everywhere.
$15 to roll 250 miles instead of $100 in gas? No brainer.
You can charge it at home too.

Changing times. Get with the times.

Classic Burgers in the middle of the desert in Inyokern went from these 4 Superchargers to 10 and now is adding 20 more.
They're everywhere.

606860.jpg

Last edited:

HBCraig

Reaction score
I wouldn't by ANY 100 percent electric vehicle. Too many things to go wrong. As in...

What if a situation come up where she NEEDS to be somewhere, and the batteries won't get her there?

I have said this very thing. But, I would be getting this for the wife. She drives 6 miles to and from her dental office

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
I think a PHEV might be a good happy medium. We just picked up an X5 45E for my wife and she is able to do most of her commuting in full E and then when we go on longer trips we have a straight 6 and an 18 gallon tank. We are just over 1k miles in on it and last I checked averaging 58.7mpg.

HBCraig

Reaction score
Yep dealers are building separate show rooms.

Next year Mazda is releasing an extended range electric.
250 mile e range with a tiny generator with few gallon gas tank to relieve range anxiety.
100% my buddy that runs a Ford dealership is has his Shelby fleet all by themselves inside with no other models

Reactions: TPC

67Charger

Reaction score
My coworker has one and loves it. Good range, handling, comfort, etc.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I have said this very thing. But, I would be getting this for the wife. She drives 6 miles to and from her dental office

Get her a Volt or something like that. Something you can actually use if necessary. 👍

Taboma

Reaction score

I'm with you, I'd end up focused on battery charge, remaining miles, can I run the AC or have fun zoom zoom or conserve like I'll be walking soon. "EV" is a concept I'm going to have to ease into, starting perhaps with a PHEV for my first EV experience.

Husqy510

Reaction score
Both my neighbors own them and they are very happy. Quality looks good.

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
A co worker of mine has one, went to lunch in it. Very nice inside and fast. Rims looked to small but was probably the package.

KevinR

Reaction score
No disrespect intended , but if your first Audi can’t make it to 100K , why are you still shopping the brand ?

Good point. We are going to lease this time and won’t have it past 30-40K miles. Plus, I don’t know if that is the case with new models 10 years later.

KevinR

Reaction score
They sure did. Only wheel / tire combo that looks decent is the GT Performance. If we get one in a lesser trim the first place I go is to my local tire shop.

riverroyal

Reaction score
They sure did. Only wheel / tire combo that looks decent is the GT Performance. If we get one in a lesser trim the first place I go is to my local tire shop.
When does gt become availible? That will be a serious electric beast.
I trying to get my kid to order one

KevinR

Reaction score
When does gt become availible? That will be a serious electric beast.
I trying to get my kid to order one

Don’t know where you are located but they are at some So Cal dealers now. I just went on different dealer websites and went to their New Inventory drop down to see if they had any Mach Es and if so, any GTs.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Cadillac Lyriq sells out in 19 minutes

Gramps

Older Member
Reaction score
How long does it take to charge the battery after 250 mile drive?

Taboma

Reaction score
Cadillac Lyriq sells out in 19 minutes

Fucking Auto Investors --- This is the new game in town for the wealthy. This is the new normal for any more special rather limited production auto. Raptor, T-Rex, C8, you name it, these rich fuck-sticks with tons of cash made from our hard labors, just swoop in and purchase all the pre-sales.
Doesn't matter if they actually want the car, it's strictly an investment, because they know once the vehicle gets delivered, somebody will pay the huge mark up just to own it. So those of us who'd really enjoy and appreciate the ownership experience, are screwed until money-bags decides to pull it out of storage and sell it for a huge gain.

The automakers aren't underestimating true demand, they're underestimating the number of investors. Or maybe they're not at all, maybe the "Limited Production" is all about attracting the investors and driving a buying frenzy ??

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad to live in a country that allows us to attain vast wealth, I just think it's a shame when those of us who'd really appreciate some of the specialty vehicles can't, because we don't have ability to pay a 50 or 100% mark up on a Dodge, Ford, Cadillac or Corvette.

Orange Juice

Reaction score

View attachment 1051791

unless it drives it’s self, I’m not ready for an electric car.
I think we’re 4-6 years out, before automotive technology catches up. I’d be bored in 6 months, with the MACH E.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
When Lee Cocacola ran Ford didn't he call the Mustang "A secretary's car?"

When the 2500HD pukes I'm buying the Extended range E F150 . 0-60 4.2 sec,,, that'll work.
They are bad azzzzz.
Check out the tests on YouTube. Pay real close attention to the unique, amazing suspension. Dead fucking level across the Belgian blocks.

Charging stations everywhere we go now. Even road side rests across the country. Motels, stores, burger joints,, everywhere.
$15 to roll 250 miles instead of $100 in gas? No brainer.
You can charge it at home too.

Changing times. Get with the times.

Classic Burgers in the middle of the desert in Inyokern went from these 4 Superchargers to 10 and now is adding 20 more.
They're everywhere.

606860.jpg

They are everywhere in Californian anyway. I'm on the wait list for a Cybertruck and keep an eye on Tesla's charging network. There aren't to many once you get out away from the metro area here. They have built a network to get you between most major cities in the Midwest but once you get off the Interstate system charging becomes an issue.

I primarily drive 6 miles round trip to work so range isn't a big deal for the most part.

Icky

Reaction score
How long does it take to charge the battery after 250 mile drive?
Friends of ours bought one and drove it to the river one weekend. Forgot their charger, so they ordered one on Amazon. Between the 120v charger and the 120 degree heat it said it would be fully charged in a few days🤣🤣🤣. Needless to say they had to find a real charger to head home.

KevinR

Reaction score
Well after 48 hours of extensive outreach to So Cal Ford dealerships by an auto broker, it appears none of the Mach Es in inventory are available for sale. All were ordered and spoken for.

Two weeks ago we checked out a GT Performance model at Santa Monica Ford that was for sale. It listed at $66K and had a $10K dealer markup. Not only were we not going to pay for that, at that time we had not decided to fully pursue a Mach E. Next day they called and said the GM had removed the $10K, which I thought was odd, because we did not express interest in buying the car if that was removed. We just were not sold on going electric at the time.

Timing is everything, right? A week ago we decide to give it a go, and nothing available!

So we are back on the Audi SQ5, which is just fine. Perhaps when this lease is up we will prepare in advance to go for the Mach E. We shall see.

For you fellow Audi fans, I will post up some pics when we take delivery.

nowski

Reaction score
How's the delivery of your Lincoln going? Is it back home or still in Havasu?

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Well after 48 hours of extensive outreach to So Cal Ford dealerships by an auto broker, it appears none of the Mach Es in inventory are available for sale. All were ordered and spoken for.

Two weeks ago we checked out a GT Performance model at Santa Monica Ford that was for sale. It listed at $66K and had a $10K dealer markup. Not only were we not going to pay for that, at that time we had not decided to fully pursue a Mach E. Next day they called and said the GM had removed the $10K, which I thought was odd, because we did not express interest in buying the car if that was removed. We just were not sold on going electric at the time.

Timing is everything, right? A week ago we decide to give it a go, and nothing available!

So we are back on the Audi SQ5, which is just fine. Perhaps when this lease is up we will prepare in advance to go for the Mach E. We shall see.

For you fellow Audi fans, I will post up some pics when we take delivery.
Can the Audi and Ford and other models plug in at the Tesla stations? Or do you have to go elsewhere? The tesla network is pretty amazing. Wife doesn’t have any issues going to Havasu through Barstow on the 40 or on the 10. Costs $7 or so to make the trip.

nowski

Reaction score
Can the Audi and Ford and other models plug in at the Tesla stations? Or do you have to go elsewhere? The tesla network is pretty amazing. Wife doesn’t have any issues going to Havasu through Barstow on the 40 or on the 10. Costs $7 or so to make the trip.

Can you charge your apple phone with an android device? I think that's your answer but I've been wrong before...

Xring01

Reaction score
As a former Tesla Model P90 owner.
My advice for anyone looking at EV's is to truly evaluate the range that you need, and fully understand the differences between the advertised range and the real range of the conditions that you drive in.

If you drive in hilly/mountainous areas, then you range will drop significantly. If you are in tempertures above 90 degrees or below 40 degrees your range drops.

The biggest thing of all are the charging networks. Tesla has the best by far, but that doesnt mean that its perfect. Trust me its far from perfect. Just because the app on your phone tells you its a fast charger or a supercharger doesnt always mean that you can charge at that rate.

My recommendation if that if you think you need 200 mile range, then by a car that advertises a 400 mile range. Catch my drift.

Biggest thing of all, when there is a power outage in the area you are in, your fucked if you have to charge your car. PLEASE ASK ME HOW I KNOW

If you been paying attention to the grid lately on the West Coast, its getting more and more un reliable. There are alot of reasons for this that I have addressed in other threads, buts its key reason I no longer own a Tesla.