WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

4 seat speed UTV

Status
Not open for further replies.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
RD, Speaking of 2 seaters, did you hear anything from your buddy on wanting to unload the pre order that we spoke about last week?

I wasn't able to get the other two I was trying to acquire... So if I didn't get them, I can't give him one, which means he isn't gonna sell his.

RD

Dirty Air

Reaction score
I wasn't able to get the other two I was trying to acquire... So if I didn't get them, I can't give him one, which means he isn't gonna sell his.

RD
Understood, Thank you for trying. If anybody else hears of one please let me know.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Live stream tonight-

Big surprise! RG said the show cars are preproduction and all the concerns folks have will be addressed by the time these go to final production. The team has a 200 item punch list of little items to address and have been addressing since getting the preproduction cars.

All the problems with the chassis welds will be tuned up and the door molds will be adjusted before production. They have fit and finish details to dial in still, and they are making the tailgate cup holder larger as well. They are very happy with all the suspension welds.

Car electronics are ready for many option accessories. Front and back cameras, tire pressures, tire temps, belt temps, etc. Some of these options were built into the preproduction cars. Every car will be wired for those accessory sensors, they will just plug in.

RG says bolt heard round the world fell out of the cage fixture, landed in that pocket and got welded in by the robot. The team thought about grinding it out before the cars got to the show, but just left it in.

outboard_256

Reaction score
RG says bolt heard round the world fell out of the cage fixture, landed in that pocket and got welded in by the robot. The team thought about grinding it out before the cars got to the show, but just left it in.

I am going to call BS on that. There shouldn't have been a gap in the first place for the "headless bolt" to fall into. That was placed to fill that gap, no other way around it.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I am going to call BS on that. There shouldn't have been a gap in the first place for the "headless bolt" to fall into. That was placed to fill that gap, no other way around it.

I don’t really believe him how it got there either, nor do I care. I’m just telling you what he said. I‘m sure there won’t be any bolts in any of the cages delivered to customers. To think otherwise you’d have to be an idiot.

They should have just ground it out when they saw it.

Oh and he said if you are #1500 and below they are not accepting any more order changes. He said #1500-3000 you are about 30 days behind that.

Last edited:

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
I don’t really believe him how it got there either, nor do I care. I’m just telling you what he said. I‘m sure there won’t be any bolts in any of the cages delivered to customers. To think otherwise you’d have to be an idiot.

They should have just ground it out when they saw it.

Oh and he said if you are #1500 and below they are not accepting any more order changes. He said #1500-3000 you are about 30 days behind that.

Robby said car's 0-1,500 cannot be reconfigured, but can still add factory installed accessories.

Get the wax out of your ears son!😆

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Live stream tonight-

Big surprise! RG said the show cars are preproduction and all the concerns folks have will be addressed by the time these go to final production. The team has a 200 item punch list of little items to address and have been addressing since getting the preproduction cars.

All the problems with the chassis welds will be tuned up and the door molds will be adjusted before production. They have fit and finish details to dial in still, and they are making the tailgate cup holder larger as well. They are very happy with all the suspension welds.

Car electronics are ready for many option accessories. Front and back cameras, tire pressures, tire temps, belt temps, etc. Some of these options were built into the preproduction cars. Every car will be wired for those accessory sensors, they will just plug in.

I have a real hard time believing the last part.. LOL. As in I'm just gonna say I don't believe it at all.

the rest of it sounds good.

So now that we have a ton of little things we can add to the displays like belt temp and tire pressures.. How much do they cost? Will they be available in the configurator? Should I just call and say I want all of it? Do they offer a package deal like AMG? Shut up and take my money!! :D

RD

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I have a real hard time believing the last part.. LOL. As in I'm just gonna say I don't believe it at all.

the rest of it sounds good.

So now that we have a ton of little things we can add to the displays like belt temp and tire pressures.. How much do they cost? Will they be available in the configurator? Should I just call and say I want all of it? Do they offer a package deal like AMG? Shut up and take my money!! :D

RD

Yea that was a dumb comment.

I may call them and ask about the plug n play accessories because at minimum I want the belt temp. I don’t need tire temp on a play car.
I think all this will be out after the cars come out though.

JayBreww

Reaction score
Yea that was a dumb comment.

I may call them and ask about the plug n play accessories because at minimum I want the belt temp. I don’t need tire temp on a play car.
I think all this will be out after the cars come out though.
I thought I heard it was tire pressure sensors?

DLC

Reaction score
News ALERT…..

SPEED CAR PRODUCTION WILL TEMPORARILY BE PUT ON HOLD…

to make room for SPEED TRUCKS!!

now back to your speed car bickering !!

lol

0C6E9168-2994-4990-BCCE-330F265716A7.jpeg

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Cars 1-100 will be delivered june next year.
101-500 by xmas.
After that who knows.

Thats my notradamus predictions.

Im telling ya, material and labor are going to kill this.

It is almost as if some of they delay is so they can acquire all the materials and parts before they start.

Every other prediction you’ve had on the assembly process hasn’t been accurate... why start now? 😀

They are doing production runs
@LargeOrangeFont

It does look like just the top was welded in, so the fallen bolt theory is plausible.

A (good?) field repair would have welded both sides of the bolt.

Just an observation.

Dan'l

Agreed. Even if someone put it there for some reason, the fit of that gusset was fine on the car RG showed last night and there was no bolt. I think it is safe to say that is not going to be an issue long term.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Check out the badass billet link arms on the new version of the unicorn

View attachment 1052817

Kibbetech has upped the off road community big time with the shit they’re building out of that shop. Seeing these arms built on a CNC machine is legit. I think LeDuc is running them also. Can’t fathom what they cost either lol

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Kibbie has been building a ton of them, but I believe these were built in house due to his last trailing arm failure... Caused his DNF.

Kibbie built these. He’s been posting the Speed vids on his Insta page.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
LSK made a couple sets. I have no idea for who but they were badass!

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
They have been doing that for years. They are usually covered in carbon so dirt doesn’t pack in.

chvynhra

Reaction score
Kibbetech has upped the off road community big time with the shit they’re building out of that shop. Seeing these arms built on a CNC machine is legit. I think LeDuc is running them also. Can’t fathom what they cost either lol

Kibbe just copied Mason, they are the true innovators.

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
So talked to my friend today who has an order in the second run according to him

Even if he starts production in 30 days

It takes a min of 5 weeks to get a conex shipped stateside right now and only if you paid extra for speedy 5 week shipping

It’s gonna sit on the coast with 70 other ships

It will take a min of a week to clear customs

It will take a week to get a transporter to get haul it to a dealer

It will take a week for a dealer to uncrate and PDI the unit before you can pick it up.

So a min of 8 weeks of the ship can get unloaded right away

More like 10-12 weeks.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
So talked to my friend today who has an order in the second run according to him

It takes a min of 5 weeks to get a conex shipped stateside right now and only if you paid extra for speedy 5 week shipping

It will take a week for a dealer to uncrate and PDI the unit before you can pick it up.

More like 10-12 weeks.

Annnd magically that is exactly what they are saying, and what I have been saying for the last 4 months. 3 months after production starts we will have cars.

And the cars are being built in Texas :)

Taboma

Reaction score
Annnd magically that is exactly what they are saying, and what I have been saying for the last 4 months. 3 months after production starts we will have cars.

And the cars are being built in Texas :)

That's been clearly stated at least 100 times within the contents of this thread. Either somebody can't read, isn't reading, doesn't believe you, or know where Texas is geographically located.
I can't wait to learn which of those is true 😂

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

More like 10-12 weeks.

Does Texas not have it's own ports? I would have thought they would ship directly to their instead of Long Beach?

RD

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
BYW just got a call from speed because I have to configure both my lower numbered cars by Friday. (Already done).

I asked them if they would ship to Long Beach or Texas since he was on the phone.

I will give you three guesses as to where they are shipping to and the first two don’t count. Lol. 🤪

Status
Not open for further replies.