WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Season prep has started.

69hondo

Reaction score
Unloaded the trailer, 7 bikes and one buggy to get ready for good times.

20210925_132010.jpg
20210925_133423.jpg

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
We may do a shake down run in Spangler this week.

69hondo

Reaction score
I remember those days of having multiple vehicles to prep. We're down to the Can Am now, I tell you, not one nut or bolt is easy to get to on that thing!
Luckily my girls help a lot otherwise we would probably only have the buggy ;) Oh man, yeah it seems that is the way it is on all the newer stuff.

Havaduner

Never home on weekends
Reaction score
I always enjoyed wrenching on the buggy and the quads. Even my wife see's how tough the Can Am can be, doing somewhat simple stuff.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Heading to Spangler in the morning.

77charger

Reaction score
I gotta check little things on mine. Luckily last 2 trips were barely used car. Basically one good trip since trans done. Normally if I still had the vw I probably would have had to freshen it. Get home next sat morn get 2 trailer tires change buggy oil overlook chasis load up wed morning and leave for glamis. Get there in time to unload set up drink a beer then hit the ledge for sunset.

69hondo

Reaction score
Spindles are back and good to go. Start reassembly tomorrow.

trophybug19

Reaction score
We need a complete trans rebuild and no one has parts. Been told they are sitting on a ship somewhere. Been sitting in the shop since late Aug. We might be sitting out Thanksgiving if they don't get the parts soon.

69hondo

Reaction score
We need a complete trans rebuild and no one has parts. Been told they are sitting on a ship somewhere. Been sitting in the shop since late Aug. We might be sitting out Thanksgiving if they don't get the parts soon.
Oh man, what trans?

trophybug19

Reaction score
Oh man, what trans?
Lol well good news parts are in but we will have to switch r/p ratio. Maybe a blessing in disguise should help us dune more in 3rd gear. It is a md4s. Hopefully everyone else are receiving their parts too. I have heard of a lot of people waiting on their trans.

69hondo

Reaction score
Lol well good news parts are in but we will have to switch r/p ratio. Maybe a blessing in disguise should help us dune more in 3rd gear. It is a md4s. Hopefully everyone else are receiving their parts too. I have heard of a lot of people waiting on their trans.
Oh well that's good. I would like to hear how you like it geared to be in 3rd after your first trip. Might go that route next off-season.
I had mine done this time last year and was told if my R&P was bad I would be waiting. luckily they were good. Nothing else was because I messed up the shifter adjustment and grenaded the trans and case.

trophybug19

Reaction score
Oh well that's good. I would like to hear how you like it geared to be in 3rd after your first trip. Might go that route next off-season.
I had mine done this time last year and was told if my R&P was bad I would be waiting. luckily they were good. Nothing else was because I messed up the shifter adjustment and grenaded the trans and case.
I'm wondering how much of a difference it is going to be. I am mostly in third already in the bigger bowls and have to downshift when we get into the tighter stuff. It is a big heavy dualsport car so we are already asking a lot out of the trans. Have always been told to gear it to be in 3rd as much as possible as that is the biggest/widest gear there is, so if it helps me being in 3rd even in some of the tight stuff I will be stoked.