WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

The Toy Syndicate - Beta Testing

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
So I have been working pretty hard along with Joe and my buddy Tyler to get a new toy listing site off the ground as a new business venture. The site is almost 100% complete and I'm working on a few more features and obviously filling some stuff out on the back end.

In the meantime though if you have a toy for sale give it a shot and let me know what you think! For the time being it's 100% free for rdp members.. When the site is 100% done, I will run it for 30 days free before charging for listings.

www.thetoysyndicate.com

The coupon code for a free listing is : RDP2021

Let me know what ya think!

RD

HBCraig

Reaction score
So I have been working pretty hard along with Joe and my buddy Tyler to get a new toy listing site off the ground as a new business venture. The site is almost 100% complete and I'm working on a few more features and obviously filling some stuff out on the back end.

In the meantime though if you have a toy for sale give it a shot and let me know what you think! For the time being it's 100% free for rdp members.. When the site is 100% done, I will run it for 30 days free before charging for listings.

www.thetoysyndicate.com

RD
I'm an idiot. I thought it was actual toys and git my 1940's erector set out.

Bitchin site those. Looks classy

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
On a side note if you guys ever wondered all the plotting and planning that goes into a business behind the scenes..

EZUP for outside shows and marketing
C0417B83-5931-45E4-B14C-B9BEC026FC90.jpeg
909D7F86-3AFE-40AD-A1BB-BCD635CE0317.jpeg
D919FFC8-41DC-4709-8692-8F8BD2F296C6.jpeg

Setting up an actual trade show booth for inside shows (LA Boatshow style / offroad shows)

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
I like it, looks like an elite place to buy and sell. Very slick.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Website is tits. One thing that makes st8up so good is post all day and a lot of them. If they don’t move he repost them!! Don’t loose sight of that

LhcBrad

Reaction score
Are you going to have a place to post Businesses for sale? I see an Icon for homes for sale?

ATKpilot

Reaction score
Very cool name ...hope it does well. Website looks great and like the categories. There are some things that just shouldn't or can't be sold on Craigslist or Fakebook Marketplace.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
If I’m advertising on here, I’d pull the plug if that’s the case. This makes no sense to distance yourself from those who have supported you.

Which one of my advertisers has a listing site? What are you talking about?

Some of my advertisers would use the listing site, but it in no way competes with any of them.

You gotta get off the negative train buddy.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Are you going to have a place to post Businesses for sale? I see an Icon for homes for sale?

I hadn’t thought about businesses for sale because that’s kind of a touchy thing usually..

IE most boat dealerships don’t want anyone to know they are for sale..

RDP and TRDP are always for sale…. Lol. A cool 5 million and I’m out! :D

Icky

Reaction score
So everything on there is free right now?😁

First thing that came to mind when I saw the categories
  1. Floats
  2. Flies
  3. F........

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
I hadn’t thought about businesses for sale because that’s kind of a touchy thing usually..

IE most boat dealerships don’t want anyone to know they are for sale..

RDP and TRDP are always for sale…. Lol. A cool 5 million and I’m out! :D

Your data is probably worth more than that. 😉

GOTTBoat

Reaction score

www.thetoysyndicate.com

RD

Where do you put in the coupon code, I see $100/10 years with no other choices.

Joker

Reaction score
Which one of my advertisers has a listing site? What are you talking about?

Some of my advertisers would use the listing site, but it in no way competes with any of them.

You gotta get off the negative train buddy.
I’m assuming you’re selling boats etc. maybe I’m reading into this wrong. Not trying to be negative

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score

www.thetoysyndicate.com

RD
In it ta win it baby

Joker

Reaction score
It's a marketplace site. You list your boat,car etc... like Craigslist but better
Thank you for the explanation. I read it as Dave would be selling direct to the consumer or be a broker to simplify it.

Hammer

Reaction score
Thank you for the explanation. I read it as Dave would be selling direct to the consumer or be a broker to simplify it.

There will be broker marketplace options within the site. It’s going to be a great platform.

I’m bummed I had this idea 5 years ago and didn’t do anything about it. Even bought a domain. You snooze you loose.

Knowing Dave and Tyler. It will be very successful. 👍

Joker

Reaction score
There will be broker marketplace options within the site. It’s going to be a great platform.

I’m bummed I had this idea 5 years ago and didn’t do anything about it. Even bought a domain. You snooze you loose.

Knowing Dave and Tyler. It will be very successful. 👍
Thanks for the explanation Mike. I jumped the gun and misinterpreted what it was

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Excellent.
I’ll be placing the YFZ450s on their soon.

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
Well Done. I get where Joker coming from.When explained makes sense. Obvious alotta time put into the lay out of a sharp looking Web Site. Sitting at the light @ McCulloch & Smoketree brings back memories of an interesting journey you guys have shared.

Last edited:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I agree with this and is always a turn off for me with any site. A shade or two lighter on the text might fix it.

I can try some different things.. or I can setup it up with a contrast button like we haven’t here

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
Newspapers for decades have run “Classified Section” and ”Display Advertising Section”
Seems www.thetoysyndicate could become well known as Display advertising.

RaceTec

Reaction score
@RiverDave you should do an email list so that members on the list can get a daily email with new listings...

FreeBird236

Reaction score
The style is great, and maybe it's just me, but the banner is too low, and the item you're looking at is too low and get lost under the banner when it's eye level for me. 21" monitor desk top.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
The style is great, and maybe it's just me, but the banner is too low, and the item you're looking at is too low and get lost under the banner when it's eye level for me. 21" monitor desk top.

Not sure what you mean by banner?

Can you take a pic of what you're referring to, and point out what you think is "too low"?

Thanks!

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Not sure what you mean by banner?

Can you take a pic of what you're referring to, and point out what you think is "too low"?

Thanks!
Not sure how to take the pic, but I'm talking the stationary portion of the name, the part that doesn't scroll. IF I'm looking at a product, by the time I get it to eye level it's partially under the logo. It's probably just me.😅

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Not sure how to take the pic, but I'm talking the stationary portion of the name, the part that doesn't scroll. IF I'm looking at a product, by the time I get it to eye level it's partially under the logo. It's probably just me.😅

Ah. The header/nav menu.

Try now, and let me know what you think...

Taboma

Reaction score
Ah. The header/nav menu.

Try now, and let me know what you think...

Everything seems nicely laid out on my desktop running chrome. That bright gold font on the top nav bar pops nicely, the dull light gold for the item description might look decorative, but not easy or all that pleasant to read.
But when it comes to web sites, I've always preferred function over form. If it's easy to navigate, easy to read and I can easily find when I'm seeking, I'm happy and will most likely return. If I have to wade through to much marketing glitz to find the substance, I'm outta there.

Very nice, other than the dull item description/details font. 👍👍👍