WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Jon Gruden

CarolynandBob

Reaction score
His contract was guaranteed.
By resigning the Raiders don't have to pay another dime. If they terminated him, the Raiders were on the hook for 60+M.
Sounds like Chucky went off in some e-mails. Never hit send, anyways wait 6 hours before sending an email when pissed!

Why would you resign then? Take the 60+ million and go off into the sunset with your middle finger at the nfl.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
So, saying a gay guy is queen isn't accurate? How is that wrong? It's totally accurate in terms of describing.

He didn't call him a pillow biter or a chinball wizard or anything like that.
Heck, even Biden called them LGTBQ

QUEER​

An adjective used by some people whose sexual orientation is not exclusively heterosexual. Typically, for those who identify as queer, the terms lesbian, gay, and bisexual are perceived to be too limiting and/or fraught with cultural connotations they feel don’t apply to them. Some people may use queer, or genderqueer, to describe their gender identity and/or gender expression. Once considered a pejorative term, queer has been reclaimed by some LGBTQ people to describe themselves; however, it is not a universally accepted term even within the LGBTQ community.

Singleton

Reaction score
Why would you resign then? Take the 60+ million and go off into the sunset with your middle finger at the nfl.

He might get a settlement, but from what I read on a few news sites this morning, he did not want to have a negative impact on the Raiders financials.

Also read that the 650k emails reviewed under the WTF investigation will result in others being fired and potential for owners to be removed. Should be more interesting to watch then the product on the field.

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
My guess is you have heard the last of Gruden, he resigned doesn’t matter if his contact was guaranteed as coaches are. Although his could have been non guaranteed. The NFL hoped he would have resigned after the Smith comments. But today more emails were leaked, that honestly Gruden couldn’t come back from. The black players probably felt he couldn’t be trusted, they have a openly gay player. He stood up and said how much he supported that player. Mark Davis went to him today at the practice facility and here we are. As I said life long Raider fan season tickets for 20 plus years. Lastly the NFL may have more emails, honestly this whole deal is something I wished would have never came to light because he shouldn’t have sent the emails. But when there is a paper trail yore screwed. You can think it but you can’t say it.

I agree Dan Snyder should be outed in the email investigation also, but we all know about the good old boy league, Goodall saw the emails and what Gruden said about him and the rest is history.

The NFL and NASCAR, just a few years ago were riding "HIGH" Ticket sales were crazy and often sold out events. They both became arrogant and thought the Fans would always be there and things Could never end. The Leadership in both of these Organizations had mutual Love Hate with the Media. When it is Good it's Very Good, But make a Mistake and they will never forget it.

nowski

Reaction score
I heard a rumor that Gruden is already interviewing with a major sports network for their Lead Color Commentating Position, my sources have confirmed it's not Nascar...

riverroyal

Reaction score
if had millions in the bank, millionssss...like he does. I would use the N word more. When your not rich you tend to watch what you say or email in todays fucked up world.
The construction industry is still pretty bad, its also ZERO fun anymore.

farmo83

Reaction score
So what is the point of this investigation, Reviewing everyone private emails from 10 years ago ?

Mcob25rg

Reaction score
So the NFL still exists ??? Who woulda thought ????? I'm not the right color/orientation/temperment to watch prison sports - stopped several years ago - still happy, not feeling leftout at all - this country is more devided now than in 1950 - just goes to show a liberal can't get ANYTHING RIGHT !!!!!!

just_floatin

Reaction score
Heck, even Biden called them LGTBQ

QUEER​

An adjective used by some people whose sexual orientation is not exclusively heterosexual. Typically, for those who identify as queer, the terms lesbian, gay, and bisexual are perceived to be too limiting and/or fraught with cultural connotations they feel don’t apply to them. Some people may use queer, or genderqueer, to describe their gender identity and/or gender expression. Once considered a pejorative term, queer has been reclaimed by some LGBTQ people to describe themselves; however, it is not a universally accepted term even within the LGBTQ community.
Also Biden. Crickets

Last edited:

Tooms22

On Vacation
Reaction score
One of his non-offensive emails:

B62EF539-8B9C-4845-828E-0666C06406B9.jpeg

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
Good chance Gruden will be back with Raiders,this year or next. Some sort of counseling program etc. This not the end for Gruden.

j21black

Reaction score
All I can say is I dont give a crap about the man's politics or personal views. He is a hell of a coach and I'd hire him. The NFL is just a bunch of woke idiots worried about looking bad to their new crybaby base.

He is a shit coach - Won a Superbowl when handed the keys to a Tony Dungy team and then promptly ran it into the ground. That Tampa Team should have won 2 or 3.

What else has he done besides talk and make shit up on the fly? Nothing......He is not the one that the Raiders needed.

I used to watch MNF games on mute - Was glad when he was out of the booth.

Regardless, even without this, he would have been looking for another job in a few years, having failed to win anything again. I wish he could have stuck around until that happened, so more people would see it.

Boozer

Extreme Mist
Reaction score
Food for thought.
Good chance Gruden will be back with Raiders,this year or next. Some sort of counseling program etc. This not the end for Gruden.
No way.

If it was just one email you’d likely be right. Unfortunately for Gruden this was 7 years of emails and he hit a trifecta. Racism, Misogyny and Homophobia. After that leak Gruden would be toxic in any NFL locker room.

Jon Gruden’s career is over.

oldschool

Reaction score
He is a shit coach - Won a Superbowl when handed the keys to a Tony Dungy team and then promptly ran it into the ground. That Tampa Team should have won 2 or 3.

What else has he done besides talk and make shit up on the fly? Nothing......He is not the one that the Raiders needed.

Regardless, even without this, he would have been looking for another job in a few years, having failed to win anything again. I wish he could have stuck around until that happened, so more people would see it.
Plus, apparently he’s a massive racist that hates the gays. GO BOLTS!

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Bizzaro times...Wait until the technology is released that our i phones have been tracking and recording everything we have been thinking for 10 years..lol

Make sure your kids know that a cell phone/email is a very powerful tool. Anything you say or post when you are 12 years old can effect your livelihood and ability to gain employment down the line. One derogatory statement from a dumb kid on social media is not going away these days.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Bizzaro times...Wait until the technology is released that our i phones have been tracking and recording everything we have been thinking for 10 years..lol

Make sure your kids know that a cell phone/email is a very powerful tool. Anything you say or post when you are 12 years old can effect your livelihood and ability to gain employment down the line. One derogatory statement from a dumb kid on social media is not going away these days.

This. ^^^

The other thing is...

If this actually Was his private email, he was probably hacked possibly Years ago, and someone has been watching his email account this whole time.

This happened to someone I know recently. They stole 800k from him.

When was the last time YOU changed any of your passwords? Added 2 step authorization? Checked for any log ins (other than you) to your email accounts?

It's a strange world we live in today.

nowski

Reaction score

One thing you forgot to mention was Gruden had the Raiders playbook in his back pocket for that Superbowl 37 blowout.

When it comes to e-mails Jon should have taken a page out of Hillary's play book...

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
The real question about all this is what did Gruden do to piss the NFL off. They are the ones that leaked it, and out of 650k emails, there is no way they read everything, this was a mission to find dirt. The released one email, he didn't quit, so they released more to get what they want. What was the real motive, as I guarantee in all those other emails there are things the cancel culture would get rid of tons of other people as well. What did John Gruden do to REALLY piss of Goodell? I can't believe Goodell would take the black eye for the NFL just because Gruden insulted him, there is more to this story, I hope it eventually comes out.

Englewood

Reaction score
Actually, I think it would be flat Miserable dealing with those Pro Athletes who many only have a HS Education and all of a sudden are Millonaires. The Coaches and staff are only making a Fraction of their salaries and dealing with Uneducated, Arrogant and Ungrateful POS that once their Pro Football days are over, usually they are Broke, Homeless and living with Family ETC.

I can't imagine the B.S. Gruden has put up with over the years. Digging up Trash from years ago.:(
To give you an example, players in college call their coach "Coach". In the pros it's their first name. That should tell you alot.

Last edited:

badgas

Reaction score

Bingo !

I'm a lifetime Raider fan and said this exact same thing when they hired him back. Just like @nowski said He had the Superbowl won before the game started.

I liked him in the booth and never disliked him but always said he was an overated coach.

Poor leadership always translates. Al Davis was freak who was out of touch by the late 80's his son Mark is freak just look at his hair. They have had 10 coaches in the last 21 years with one winning season and now it is gonna unravel again.

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
This. ^^^

The other thing is...

If this actually Was his private email, he was probably hacked possibly Years ago, and someone has been watching his email account this whole time.

When was the last time YOU changed any of your passwords? Added 2 step authorization? Checked for any log ins (other than you) to your email accounts?

This didn't come from him being hacked, the NFL hired a private 3rd party to investigate claims of a toxic environment within the Washington Football Team organization. These emails were sent back and forth with Bruce Allen, the GM of WFT at the time.

Lavey5150

Just one more
Reaction score
More to come, that's for damn sure:rolleyes:.

Attachments

• fuck everybody.jpg
    fuck everybody.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 46

mbrown2

Reaction score
This. ^^^

The other thing is...

No hacking needed...this was part of an investigation where they just needed to look at the receivers info to get Gruden's email.

Think about it...as someone said... write it regret it...

You can go today and delete all your email from the last 10 years...get rid of archives....but if it is in a sent state ...you can't confirm someone else deleted it. Sorry we are all on the hook if we put something down and hit send.

Long Way Home

Dog Days of Summer!
Reaction score
It all go back to what I was taught in school "If you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all" just move on.
Don't blame John for the bad behavior blame the parents who stopped parenting.

Last edited:

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
It all go back to what I was taught in school "If you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all" just move on.
Don't blame John for the bad behavior blame the parents who stopped parenting.
How about. sticks and stones will break my bones but names will never hurt me. suck it up and move on

Bullet28

Nor Cal Delta
Reaction score
No way.

If it was just one email you’d likely be right. Unfortunately for Gruden this was 7 years of emails and he hit a trifecta. Racism, Misogyny and Homophobia. After that leak Gruden would be toxic in any NFL locker room.

Jon Gruden’s career is over.

I agree, I was talking to my brother and he asked me if I thought Gruden lost the locker room. I said did you watch the game. I don’t know how he can recover as far as the NFL goes. He probably left money on the table as he should have. He’s got plenty left. I suppose he will sell his Vegas home, it’s next to Carr’s home. The emails apparently went up to right before he became the coach. What a mess for sure.

PlanB

Reaction score
Tampa Bay just announced they are removing Gruden from their "Ring of Honor"........WTF? I guarantee 75% or above of the HOF have used offensive language....including African American players.....UGH!!!!!

If you are a straight white guy it's not going to take much to cancel you. I am surprised the racist old white guys are still on Mount Rushmore.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
He might get a settlement, but from what I read on a few news sites this morning, he did not want to have a negative impact on the Raiders financials.

Also read that the 650k emails reviewed under the WTF investigation will result in others being fired and potential for owners to be removed. Should be more interesting to watch then the product on the field.
"Owners to be removed" .... come on now.... oh wait.... paging Don Sterling [I forgot]

riverroyal

Reaction score
This SHOULD be the tip of the iceberg. If he sent 1000 'offensive' emails then there are 25000 out there within the nfl. Or more than that.
Emails go to a inbox. Who read it and replied or told him to stop? Nobody.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
This SHOULD be the tip of the iceberg. If he sent 1000 'offensive' emails then there are 25000 out there within the nfl. Or more than that.
Emails go to a inbox. Who read it and replied or told him to stop? Nobody.
Im gonna Google "In house Hard Drive Scrubbers"

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
Gruden got a code red…he is the sacrificial lamb.

Why aren’t there any other e mails out there?

Singleton

Reaction score
I had 5 hours to kill driving to Havasu.
My mind wonders while driving, so I am thinking the NFL leaked this.
The NFL was pissed how Gruden got the job and how the Raiders avoided the diversity candidate policy. They then find these emails and use them to remove him. Money is on the Raiders hiring a diversity candidate as the next coach.

and the NFL announced that the investigation is over today and results are sealed.

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
I had 5 hours to kill driving to Havasu.
My mind wonders while driving, so I am thinking the NFL leaked this.
The NFL was pissed how Gruden got the job and how the Raiders avoided the diversity candidate policy. They then find these emails and use them to remove him. Money is on the Raiders hiring a diversity candidate as the next coach.

and the NFL announced that the investigation is over today and results are sealed.

There is no doubt in my mind the NFL leaked this, they leaked the first, still hired, leaked more, agreement to quit. He was targeted, and I find your idea interesting about the avoided Rooney rule, but I don't think they would take this bad publicity for simply that. I have to believe there is more at play here before this domino fell. Now people are doing the right thing and asking about all the other emails, which will never come out, as everyone is guilty of something. He must have done something serious to piss off the high ups, and not just insulting Goodell, he laughs all the way to the bank.

JD D05

Reaction score
So I just heard a very interesting take on this. I know a guy who is in the Raider hall of fame. Before this all came out he said Gruden hates coaching in today's NFL and doubts he will make it through the year this was 2 weeks ago. After this all went down he said he has no proof but would bet money Gruden's people leaked the emails.

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
So I just heard a very interesting take on this. I know a guy who is in the Raider hall of fame. Before this all came out he said Gruden hates coaching in today's NFL and doubts he will make it through the year this was 2 weeks ago. After this all went down he said he has no proof but would bet money Gruden's people leaked the emails.
I dunno, pretty high risk to end up black listed from cushy announcer gigs. If he wanted out, he could have blamed "mental health" gotten out of his contract, and up in the booth for 10 mil a year or whatever, rather than being hated by the woke police.

JD D05

Reaction score
I dunno, pretty high risk to end up black listed from cushy announcer gigs. If he wanted out, he could have blamed "mental health" gotten out of his contract, and up in the booth for 10 mil a year or whatever, rather than being hated by the woke police.

I totally agree with all that. If he did purposely have them leaked its very interesting.