Fall boating sucks…….

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
0E8599D1-90B1-4B75-8FA2-BB4ED506014F.jpeg
802CCA65-FF7E-429F-A3FF-DA11702F6BAA.jpeg
D9E6125D-A581-4FF2-B259-90911DAF2E57.jpeg

Riverryder

Reaction score
@Desert Whaler i have no idea what the boiling comment means but sounds awesome to be out on the water with your dad catchin stuff. Dads taken me fishing slot but we have never really caught anything for it to be memorable

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Mid to hi 80's the next two weeks, probably try to get out a couple times.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
The temps the last couple of days have been so nice. Being able to have the house open and no A/C running. What’s the water temp like?

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Is that a 21’ Daytona? It’s gorgeous!!
22, it’s an 89 with 74 hours I found
The temps the last couple of days have been so nice. Being able to have the house open and no A/C running. What’s the water temp like?
Surprisingly warm, far from uncomfortable, saw a few folks swimming at the beach on the south end of the island

PlanB

Reaction score

10 days ago I was seeing 75-77 for water temps, but the daily air temp was much warmer than it is now. I would guess low 70's for water temp right now.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Yeah, it was actually pretty good . . . caught some largemouth to about 4 lbs. . . . but the boiling stripers stole the show eating the topwater lures . . . fun watching them explode on your lure. Pops said the morning after we got back, "So when we going back"? LOL
Sounds great. Were the striper boils above or below Cottonwood? What size fish?

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
Sounds great. Were the striper boils above or below Cottonwood? What size fish?
The 'Volume' of fish we saw were below cottonwood. I think we were a week too early . . . they'd come up boiling one's & two's . . . I'd sneak up on them by shutting down 200-300 yards away and throw spooks/ sammy's etc. . . . they'd slap at them but not commit. I'd switch to a Lucky Craft 112 MR in 'ghost minnow' and bomb it out on 12# fluro to get bit. The fish averaged 4-6 lbs. but I saw several in that 8-10 lb. range following a hooked fish, or just cruising.

The day prior we took a scenic trip up to Willow Beach in the am . . . we saw a wolf-pack of fish that had pushed a school of shad into a small cove on the AZ side (this was just below the 1st set of powerlines) . . . they were going bonkers right along the shade-line of the bluff . . . it was every 3rd cast or so till the sun crept over the bluff then they sunk-out.

All the fish were jugged with quarter-sized shad when we cleaned them.
I'm chomping to get back out there . . . 'm bringing binoculars next time to hopefully spot the breaking fish from further away.

Javajoe

Reaction score
This thread actually came across my Google news feed right now 🤔
ED0B247A-41B2-4E11-99E7-C0A72F58D8BF.png

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
The 'Volume' of fish we saw were below cottonwood. I think we were a week too early . . . they'd come up boiling one's & two's . . . I'd sneak up on them by shutting down 200-300 yards away and throw spooks/ sammy's etc. . . . they'd slap at them but not commit. I'd switch to a Lucky Craft 112 MR in 'ghost minnow' and bomb it out on 12# fluro to get bit. The fish averaged 4-6 lbs. but I saw several in that 8-10 lb. range following a hooked fish, or just cruising.

The day prior we took a scenic trip up to Willow Beach in the am . . . we saw a wolf-pack of fish that had pushed a school of shad into a small cove on the AZ side (this was just below the 1st set of powerlines) . . . they were going bonkers right along the shade-line of the bluff . . . it was every 3rd cast or so till the sun crept over the bluff then they sunk-out.

All the fish were jugged with quarter-sized shad when we cleaned them.
I'm chomping to get back out there . . . 'm bringing binoculars next time to hopefully spot the breaking fish from further away.
Thanks for the detailed report. That’s some outstanding fishing and 4-6 lbs is a perfect catching size. When the terns hover and pick over the boiling fish it helps finding them. Doing all this with your Dad makes it even better. Enjoy!