WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

CA school sit out Oct 18. Anyone?

Done-it-again

Reaction score
I'm told that in Ventura County, school funding is determined by enrollment as opposed to daily attendance (due to the Covid situation). That way the schools don't take a huge hit every time they make groups of kids do a 10 day quarantine, which is frequent.

We're not keeping the kids out, as they have missed too much already. I AM going to the protest at Ventura County school headquarters in Camarillo CA today between 9-11
My understanding is that the school gets money if kids are out for covid and money while kids are home doing “at home” work the school hands out. Like what was done last year.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I don't think this will carry the results that anyone expects it to. The Gov (who decides funding for schools) is pushing the vaccine. What makes you think they would punish schools for the actions of "anti-vaxxers"? It'll probably result in additional funding for some sort of program or study to determine why this happened, and then more funding in an attempt to prevent it later. The state doesn't care.
This. It’s not gonna hurt funding at all I don’t think.

lf2

Reaction score
My understanding is that the school gets money if kids are out for covid and money while kids are home doing “at home” work the school hands out. Like what was done last year.
Thats why i was told not to call in at all. Being told if you call in telling them its to protest the mandate they will record it as covid related so they get the funding.

Singleton

Reaction score
What's IEP exactly?

Individual Educational Program - required if you child needs any speech, reading, language, math assistance.
My daughter has slight written language disorder and requires speech and reading assistance. Without an IEP assessment her level of service is reduced and with Covid she fell behind. My daughter gets1 hours a week in class assistance on reading/writing and 1 hour of speech (1-on-1). When school was closed, we were paying $200 an hour for her to get the help she needed. At school it is free; the kicker it was the same Dr. Dr only works at the school certain days, so we had no option.

4Waters

Reaction score
@Bigbore500r this^^^^ Simi Unified get 80.00 per kid that is in the classroom and 80 per kids with an excused absence, covid quarantine is an excused absence, that's why schools don't like kids ditching, it hits their bottom line since it's not excused.

HitIt

Reaction score
I called my kids in as an "unexcused absence".

From a funding standpoint, they are allowed to use the attendance from last year 20-21 for ADA (average daily attendance) because of COVID impacts. Last year, they were allowed to use 19-20. So basically, they are all using attendance from 2019-2020 as the basis for funding this year. Absences this year will not impact funding unless your school happens to be growing quickly and they want to use the current year for ADA which is unlikely because of COVID.

DWC

Reaction score
Daughter said 7 of her 30 kids didn’t show today. Said the school is pretty empty.
Edit:
Sounds like the average class is missing 1/3 of the students.

Last edited:

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Thats why i was told not to call in at all. Being told if you call in telling them its to protest the mandate they will record it as covid related so they get the funding.
It's about documentation. The school documents the reason and turns that in to the state....

To make the this work it needs to better organized, so I'm sure this will not be the only one.

LazyLavey

Reaction score
Maybe antifa can help organize this... Those fuckers seem to get away with everything they do:eek:

MPHSystems

Hallett 240
Reaction score
just found out about this, my oldest didn’t go and my wife is going to pull the younger one out right now.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I asked my wife and her answer was ‘no’ since our daughter has her IEP assessment today and if she misses that, it f’s up she speech and language SE For the rest of the year.
You think scheduling a high ranking test or IEP assessment or any other important quiz on a Monday is normal? The teachers/districts across the state were 100% aware of the "sit out" and purposely caused this reciprocal grade damage for being a participant.
Once again, it is not about the kids well being but compliance to their unconstitutional governing. They don't give a shit if they falsely demote a kids future for political gains.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Funding is tied to attendance.

It will hurt funding.

No teacher or school official is going to get a pay cut because of it.

Funding is tied to attendance, but covid changed how that is dolled out anyway.

DWC

Reaction score
Pretty good turnout in OC.

C6486601-3A97-4CDE-9FC7-931C05B3C30B.jpeg
599EC01F-51AA-44F9-83B5-47C4589F32CA.jpeg

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Individual Educational Program - required if you child needs any speech, reading, language, math assistance.
My daughter has slight written language disorder and requires speech and reading assistance. Without an IEP assessment her level of service is reduced and with Covid she fell behind. My daughter gets1 hours a week in class assistance on reading/writing and 1 hour of speech (1-on-1). When school was closed, we were paying $200 an hour for her to get the help she needed. At school it is free; the kicker it was the same Dr. Dr only works at the school certain days, so we had no option.
My son went through IEP at Carlsbad HS....class was called Resource or something like that.
By time I got custody of my son in gradeschool his mother had failed so miserably at him going to school he was 2 to 3 years behind going into 5th grade. He was allowed to take all his other class' tests in his Resource class due to a high test anxiety. Lucky kid cause he had a truly dedicated Resource teacher that honestly did a remarkable job with him.👍

Done-it-again

Reaction score
My son went through IEP at Carlsbad HS....class was called Resource or something like that.
By time I got custody of my son in gradeschool his mother had failed so miserably at him going to school he was 2 to 3 years behind going into 5th grade. He was allowed to take all his other class' tests in his Resource class due to a high test anxiety. Lucky kid cause he had a truly dedicated Resource teacher that honestly did a remarkable job with him.👍
Bingo.... Resource, couldn't think of the word...

EmpirE231

Reaction score
I don't think this will carry the results that anyone expects it to. The Gov (who decides funding for schools) is pushing the vaccine. What makes you think they would punish schools for the actions of "anti-vaxxers"? It'll probably result in additional funding for some sort of program or study to determine why this happened, and then more funding in an attempt to prevent it later. The state doesn't care.

true it may not.... CA will find a way to push their agenda forward like they always have..... BUT.... might as well make a statement at some point. The reason we are in the predicament is too many wet noodles, afraid to stand strong about things they believe in. Worried about tests, worried about grades etc..... That is why they will be teaching your kids about critical race theory and 100 genders, and forcing them to vaccinate.... because everyone will walk the line with enough pressure.

I'm pissed, my own sister who is pretty hardcore against this vaccine mandate.... she's a teacher... she didn't send her kid to school, but she went to work because of an "important meeting with the principle" She should have told them to fuck off. My sister in law who is also a teacher, pulled all 3 of her kids today, and she called off work.... That is how you make your statement.

I made my statement about CA public school last year by pulling both my kids and putting them in private school.... putting my money where my mouth is! It is costing me a pretty penny to make my statement. Our new school is trying their absolute best to oppose this mandate (waiting on all legal wording etc so they can offer expemtions).... but if they cannot pull that off, I will pull them out... and our kids will be homeschooled.

Meaney77

Reaction score
I'm told that in Ventura County, school funding is determined by enrollment as opposed to daily attendance (due to the Covid situation). That way the schools don't take a huge hit every time they make groups of kids do a 10 day quarantine, which is frequent.

We're not keeping the kids out, as they have missed too much already. I AM going to the protest at Ventura County school headquarters in Camarillo CA today between 9-11
We are in the same boat, wife and I are totally against the mandate but we kept them in school. They missed 14 days over a week ago and they need to be in school instead of sitting at home.

Also- I dont know how much these kids need to worry about all of the crap going on in the world today. This is more of a parent looking out for kids best interest situation. My kids are still young and need to focus on school not the politics that my wife and I are against.

tostark

Liquid Equity
Reaction score
I asked my wife and her answer was ‘no’ since our daughter has her IEP assessment today and if she misses that, it f’s up she speech and language SE For the rest of the year.
Agree. As a parent of a Special Needs daughter (adult now), dont ever miss those. Amazed how many parents dont participate. Also, dont be afraid to tell them u need to reschedule (with reasonable notice). I found that they are so used to parents not attending they almost expect it and were shocked when I would asked them to move the date.

tostark

Liquid Equity
Reaction score
What's IEP exactly?
Individual Education Plan. Sets up services for the child for the next year. Actually a binding contract that the district has to follow. That is why it is impt for parents to participate and fight for the right services for their child.

liquid addiction

^ 78 DiMarco Flat
Reaction score
My DIL showed up to work today with the grandkids, so I know 2-1st graders didn't go to school today. I sent them the notice that was posted here.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
We are in the same boat, wife and I are totally against the mandate but we kept them in school. They missed 14 days over a week ago and they need to be in school instead of sitting at home.

Also- I dont know how much these kids need to worry about all of the crap going on in the world today. This is more of a parent looking out for kids best interest situation. My kids are still young and need to focus on school not the politics that my wife and I are against.
Exactly

BTR

2 Girls, 1 Wallet
Reaction score
Varsity soccer tryouts start today. No way in hell she will miss that. She’d wear 3 masks and face shield if need be before missing that.

TCHB

Reaction score
You think it’s the parents what
You think it’s the parents what?
Responsible to teach their children to obey rules, listen, study and how to solve problems. What I see today is parents keeping their kids out of school because of a mask is silly. They should be protesting about smaller class sizes and keeping illegal drugs out of the schools. The private schools that we are involved with are very strict. If you do like the rules leave.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Responsible to teach their children to obey rules, listen, study and how to solve problems. What I see today is parents keeping their kids out of school because of a mask is silly. They should be protesting about smaller class sizes and keeping illegal drugs out of the schools. The private schools that we are involved with are very strict. If you do like the rules leave.

Didn’t you leave California?

This isn’t about a mask, which is stupid too but, It’s about the mandate to vaccinate children.

This “mandate” is being directed by the same people who closed beaches and playgrounds while shipping Covid positive patients to convalescent homes by the hundreds where it wiped out grandma.

Two weeks to bend the curve 👍

CLdrinker

Reaction score

You think this is only about a mask?

Do you know about the new sex Ed curriculum?
Do you know about critical race theory?
Do you know about boys being allowed in the girls restrooms and locker rooms?
Do you realize the vaccine will be a requirement for kids as soon as it is pushed through FDA approval?
Do you know masks don’t do shit in the first place?
Why is it you can go to diner and sit at a table and eat without a mask but kids can’t sit at their school desk without a mask. Does covid not exist in restaurants?

This sit out is to teach kids that just because someone makes a rule does not mean it’s right. It’s to show we are fed up with the school system not putting our kids first.

My oldest has had straight A’s for 2 years straights. Yet her placement test for our home school program placed her 2yrs behind.

Parents are tired of putting up with all of the bullshit that is being pushed on our children. The mask is simply the straw that broke the camels back.

You mentioned you belong to a private school. That’s great, so people who can’t afford private school should just put up with whatever public school shoved down our throat?

If you don’t like the rules leave? We did, my middle kid is doing amazing.
My oldest is struggling because she is so far behind. But she is making progress and realizes her previous teachers did her no favors buy giving grades she didn’t deserve.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Varsity soccer tryouts start today. No way in hell she will miss that. She’d wear 3 masks and face shield if need be before missing that.

It’s great your child has love for sports. I hope they also understand freedom is just as important.
At some point you have to stop jumping through hoops to get the freedom you already should have.

Your child has more power than they think. How can they have a team if nobody tries out?

BTR

2 Girls, 1 Wallet
Reaction score
It’s great your child has love for sports. I hope they also understand freedom is just as important.
At some point you have to stop jumping through hoops to get the freedom you already should have.

Your child has more power than they think. How can they have a team if nobody tries out?
Soccer is everything to her. Been playing since she was 8. Now on a flight 1 Gold team. She’s a senior and it will be her last year unless she gets on a college team. Like I said, no way in hell she would miss out for “principle” or to make a statement. She understands team concept and how one person can fuck it up for everyone.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Parents I want to be clear I am not judging anyone choices. Everyone has different priorities.

Our responsibility as parents is to protect our kids. If we all continue to do whatever the government tells us our kids will have nothing left to defend when they become parents.

Let’s raise critical thinkers that have beliefs. Let’s raise them to be brave enough to stand for those beliefs.

Smiles not Masks

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Soccer is everything to her. Been playing since she was 8. Now on a flight 1 Gold team. She’s a senior and it will be her last year unless she gets on a college team. Like I said, no way in hell she would miss out for “principle” or to make a statement. She understands team concept and how one person can fuck it up for everyone.
I understand.
Asking kids to choose between their love of sport and beliefs. Just drives me crazy. They shouldn’t be in this situation in the first place.

Reactions: BTR

EmpirE231

Reaction score

but correct me if I'm wrong... you are vaccinated, and so is your daughter?

so the only reason to miss class / school today would be if you truly do not support mandated vaccinations for public schools. I know there are a few people who chose to be vaccinated that really still support freedom of choice / no mandates.... but most do not, so today is really irrelevant to them.

BTR

2 Girls, 1 Wallet
Reaction score
but correct me if I'm wrong... you are vaccinated, and so is your daughter?

so the only reason to miss class / school today would be if you truly do not support mandated vaccinations for public schools. I know there are a few people who chose to be vaccinated that really still support freedom of choice / no mandates.... but most do not, so today is really irrelevant to them.
Yes. We both are jabbed. And yes, mandatory is BS at this point. Way too soon to make blanket statements.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score

Kind of like the USA woman’s soccer team making a statement on “principle.” 😂

BTR

2 Girls, 1 Wallet
Reaction score
Honestly it sucks for everyone all around. I think it should be a decision and not a mandate and whole heartedly support those for or against. Just another issue to try and drive a wedge between the two schools of thought.
Bingo.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
found out that 146 students at my kids elementary school were out k-5
and 2,000 students/staff in the district, elementary and middle school.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Honestly it sucks for everyone all around. I think it should be a decision and not a mandate and whole heartedly support those for or against. Just another issue to try and drive a wedge between the two schools of thought.
They don’t want us to get along. Divide and conquer is in full effect.
I encourage those who believe different than me to stand for my beliefs just as I stand for theirs.