WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

This Christmas, Salvation Army Wants White Donors to Offer a ‘Sincere Apology’ for Their Racism

Taboma

Reaction score
I find this seriously irritating and I'm apologizing about being white, ever, to anybody. 🤬
I honestly thought it was pure bullshit when a neighbor forwarded it to me. He's known for the occasional not well researched fake news.
Nope, when I googled it, even the Hulltruth has a thread on it.

This is some serious bullshit and it's going to take some restraint not to mention it to one of the bell ringers, respectfully of course.

If this is a Vin then oops, but didn't see it on the first page.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Unreal.
I’m done, and I’ve given to them for my entire adult life.
That's what's so sad. I have always given to them during the holidays...at Wally World, Home Depot and Ace Hardware since I moved here.

Charity starts at home I guess. I'm sure I can find a way to spend some extra money on my own kids...even if they are "mostly white" 😏

Taboma

Reaction score
One thing I do strive to do is ferret out the truth behind the news or what I read on the internet. I'm human, and as such imperfect, so I'd be the first to admit I'm not always right.
I started this thread because it seriously ruffled my white feathers. After sitting a bit on it, I decided to look further, so I went to the source, the Salvation Army's website Newsroom. I found the following, and although it doesn't quote the post title, it does seem to address what it feels are false claims being made by groups against it's mission and and racial policy.

Since it's dated today, Nov 25th I suspect it's in direct response to the internet articles. I'll let their own news release on this topic speak for itself rather than interject any personal conclusions.
Perhaps I was a bit hasty in spreading unfounded internet news, if so for that I will apologize.

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
One thing I do strive to do is ferret out the truth behind the news or what I read on the internet. I'm human, and as such imperfect, so I'd be the first to admit I'm not always right.
I started this thread because it seriously ruffled my white feathers. After sitting a bit on it, I decided to look further, so I went to the source, the Salvation Army's website Newsroom. I found the following, and although it doesn't quote the post title, it does seem to address what it feels are false claims being made by groups against it's mission and and racial policy.

Since it's dated today, Nov 25th I suspect it's in direct response to the internet articles. I'll let their own news release on this topic speak for itself rather than interject any personal conclusions.
Perhaps I was a bit hasty in spreading unfounded internet news, if so for that I will apologize.

From their statement, it sounds like it still came from a sect within the organization and that there is some difference of opinion within of what the organization stands for

Taboma

Reaction score
From their statement, it sounds like it still came from a sect within the organization and that there is some difference of opinion within of what the organization stands for
Interesting take, although I'm not reading that direct association, I see where the wording is ambiguous enough it's certainly an "Internal" possibility.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score

The militant wing of the Salvation Army?

Frau_Farbissina_APIMOM.jpg

500bbc

Reaction score
Fuck those FUCKING FUCKS!
I gave them money all year every year.
FUCK RIGHT OFF!

Taboma

Reaction score
FUCK RIGHT OFF!

The question that bares answering is --- is this "White Apology" coming from the Salvation Army at all, pure BS, or a more radical group within the organization stirring the Holiday pot ?
In any case, it seems at least those in charge of the main body, are trying to distance themselves by claiming that no official statement was made in that regard.

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score

Fake News!!

☺️

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
In their response, one thing stands out as an odd statement:
"...some have taken the fact that we have invited conversation about race with our members..."
To me, this means it was meant to be an internal deal amongst membership. Maybe one member decided to disagree, and forward the memo?

Taboma

Reaction score
In their response, one thing stands out as an odd statement:
"...some have taken the fact that we have invited conversation about race with our members..."
To me, this means it was meant to be an internal deal amongst membership. Maybe one member decided to disagree, and forward the memo?

No doubt "The Guides" they published were for internal use only and I'm curious if it's a statement made in a guide " Intended to foster conversation" that lit somebody's fire ??

"The Salvation Army has occasionally published study guides on various complex topics, including race, to help foster positive conversations and reflection among Salvationists. The hope is that by openly discussing these issues, we can encourage a more thoughtful organization that is better positioned to serve those in need. These guides are solely designed for internal use. No one is being told how to think. Period."

Taboma

Reaction score
I looked for this claim on the inter web. Didn't see much on it. hmm..
Google this and I think you'll find plenty ---- salvation army wants white donors to offer a "sincere apology" for their racism

Singleton

Reaction score
Well, my annual donation will be heading elsewhere now!

SixD9R

Reaction score
Before everyone gets their panties in a twist, can somebody show me where the Salvation Army actually said they want white people to apologize?

Until then I’m calling BS.

Sorry but I’m just not seeing it anywhere on their website and I’ve looked.

Taboma

Reaction score
Before everyone gets their panties in a twist, can somebody show me where the Salvation Army actually said they want white people to apologize?

Until then I’m calling BS.

Sorry but I’m just not seeing it anywhere on their website and I’ve looked.

While you were looking, did you happen to follow the link I posted above in post # 10 ? Several subsequent posts discuss the Salvation Army's official rebuttal to these claims found with that link from their website. So yes, I get the BS, the question remains, is this "White Apology" story coming from a group within the Army, or from outside and what's the motive.

I'll repost the link ---

SixD9R

Reaction score
While you were looking, did you happen to follow the link I posted above in post # 10 ? Several subsequent posts discuss the Salvation Army's official rebuttal to these claims found with that link from their website. So yes, I get the BS, the question remains, is this "White Apology" story coming from a group within the Army, or from outside and what's the motive.

I'll repost the link ---

Before I got that far down the thread I already saw the article you linked on the SA website.
After I read the first few posts I went straight to the SA website and tried to verify the info in your OP.
Even farther down in this thread (past #10) it appears peeps were still saying they are done donating to them which is sad to me because I do think they are a decent charity. Your post #24 still seems to collaborate the (likely) misinformation.

500bbc

Reaction score
The question that bares answering is --- is this "White Apology" coming from the Salvation Army at all, pure BS, or a more radical group within the organization stirring the Holiday pot ?
In any case, it seems at least those in charge of the main body, are trying to distance themselves by claiming that no official statement was made in that regard.
Hopefully. They always rated highly as a charity to donate too

500bbc

Reaction score
P
No doubt "The Guides" they published were for internal use only and I'm curious if it's a statement made in a guide " Intended to foster conversation" that lit somebody's fire ??

"The Salvation Army has occasionally published study guides on various complex topics, including race, to help foster positive conversations and reflection among Salvationists. The hope is that by openly discussing these issues, we can encourage a more thoughtful organization that is better positioned to serve those in need. These guides are solely designed for internal use. No one is being told how to think. Period."
Pablum...

500bbc

Reaction score
T

I'll repost the link ---

They can say anything at this point. If they, as a charity, made this statement at any point even internally they can go fuck themselves.

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
FUCK RIGHT OFF!
Cracker puleeezzzz You don't want no nappy headed hoe going without a new gucci bag this year! do ya?:)

NEWS

Salvation Army's Donors Withdraw Support in Response to Racial 'Wokeness' Initiative​

FUCK RIGHT OFF!

Kenny D

Reaction score
I donate several thousand dollars a year to them.....if this is true, my money is going to others places. I listen to a few people on the radio who promote them....I am interested to hear their opinion on this subject.

HBCraig

Reaction score
Cracker puleeezzzz You don't want no nappy headed hoe going without a new gucci bag this year! do ya?:)

NEWS

Salvation Army's Donors Withdraw Support in Response to Racial 'Wokeness' Initiative​

Just go to San Francisco and follow the other homies in the loot line. All the Gucci you can have

spectras only

Reaction score
Epic failure by the TSA leadership if this turns out they let some woke in their members to push CRT. Again. it will hurt those who needs the TSA's help the most. Some says now that this is fake news, but the saying is , if there's smoke there's fire. The TSA should 100% be colour blind and non political!

Taboma

Reaction score
Before I got that far down the thread I already saw the article you linked on the SA website.
After I read the first few posts I went straight to the SA website and tried to verify the info in your OP.
Even farther down in this thread (past #10) it appears peeps were still saying they are done donating to them which is sad to me because I do think they are a decent charity. Your post #24 still seems to collaborate the (likely) misinformation.

Misunderstood, but it seems Wheeler found a Newsweek article explaining in great detail what's going on inside the TSA's pushing the CRT agenda.
That being the case, they're taking a position that although perhaps not stated verbatim, certainly promotes "White Apology", so I'm out.
Seems their press release I posted in #10, was clearly an attempt at feeding us Pablum as @500bbc saw it.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Their “resource study guide” clearly spells out their stance insisting that whites are inherently racist and perpetuate racism merely by not admitting their own racism, in so many words.
It’s real, and even a quick search reveals several links to their own literature sayin as much.

They are dead to me.

I don’t know if this was part of the original post, but there’s a slew of links to it.

From their “resource”...
“And as we engage in conversations about race and racism, we must keep in mind that sincere repentance and apologies are necessary if we want to move towards racial reconciliation. We recognize that it is a profound challenge to sit on the hot seat and listen with an open heart to the hurt and anger of the wounded. Yet, we are all hardwired to desire justice and fairness, so the need to receive a sincere apology is necessary,” said the resource.

In an accompanying Study Guide on Racism, the Salvation Army says whites are racist. “The subtle nature of racism is such that people who are not consciously racist easily function with the privileges, empowerment and benefits of the dominant ethnicity, thus unintentionally perpetuating injustice,” it says.

“We must stop denying the existence of individual and systemic/institutional racism. They exist, and are still at work to keep White Americans in power,” the lesson says.

Fuck them and their bullshit.

Ricks raft

Reaction score
Don't know if true or not, but I believe they are the best large charity in terms of percentage of money actually getting to the nerdy. Red cross, and others are horrible. Like less than 10%.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Don't know if true or not, but I believe they are the best large charity in terms of percentage of money actually getting to the nerdy. Red cross, and others are horrible. Like less than 10%.
I’ve always been told the same.
Dad said in Korea they received care packages at Christmas and holidays from TSA and no one else other than family.
He always gave to them because of that.
So that’s why I always have.
But sorry, I’m not going to give shit to any charity that says I need to apologize for being born.
Looks like Ronald McDonald house will pick up that coin from me.

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
So the majority of white people are supposed to give money to another white person (can't say I've seen to many black bellringers) and apologize to each other? I'm gonna throw a quarter in the kettle and tell the old lady /dude I'm sorry for being white and see what happens

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
So the majority of white people are supposed to give money to another white person (can't say I've seen to many black bellringers) and apologize to each other? I'm gonna throw a quarter in the kettle and tell the old lady /dude I'm sorry for being white and see what happens
See if I was a racist like they say I am, I might quip that there aren’t that many black bell ringers because they tend to steal the money....but since I’m not a racist I won’t say that.

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score

NOT their fault, just trying to make a $.

Not sitting on their ASS, sucking Unemployment.🤔

Rayson1971

Reaction score
Yeah, not apologizing for something I haven't done 😉🖕

Can't wait to see one of those guys out front of target and tell him to fuck off as I walk by
Post where you see them in simi. I will make sure I say something. There is usually one at 99 cent store on tapo

Skinny Tire AH

This ain't all folks! Skater368
Reaction score
I’ve always been told the same.
Dad said in Korea they received care packages at Christmas and holidays from TSA and no one else other than family.
He always gave to them because of that.
So that’s why I always have.
But sorry, I’m not going to give shit to any charity that says I need to apologize for being born.
Looks like Ronald McDonald house will pick up that coin from me.

RMH is a great charity. Lori and I spend many many nights there back in the day. We’ve been donors in the past.

As to the TSA, all I needed to read in their statement was “we all know racism exists”. No need to read any further.

It’s no different than all the stories from the left during the Trump administration that stated “we all know DJT is a racist”.

Debate is an art, misdirection and obfuscation is a cowards tool to fool the masses.

havasuhusker

Reaction score
My wife and I used to support their Christmas Angel program. No way in hell am I doing it anymore. Salvation Army can go F**k themselves!