WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Michigan high school shooting

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Sad part is we now live in a society that puts more effort into offsetting responsibility than research into root cause and real solutions. Many will blame the inanimate objects while thinking they have the solution.

Wash, rinse and repeat.

Exactly.
Assigning blame and addressing the issues are two completely different things.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
My general premise is that removing personal responsibility and consequences from kids lives is the overall catalyst for much of these types of acts.
Every state in the union already has safe gun storage laws.
Turning parents into felons because babycakes steals the key to the gun cabinet goes against every aspect of addressing the issue in my opinion.

Im not for removing any accountability from Jr.

If dad locked up the piece yesterday Jr couldn't have shot up the school.

For all we know he just handed the piece over.

If baby cake stole the gun - charge the kid.

If you raise then empower a little killer - you should be on the hook.

If dad knew he'd be charged along with Junior do you think he'd have paid a little more attention to securing the weapon?

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Im not for removing any accountability from Jr.

If dad locked up the piece yesterday Jr couldn't have shot up the school.

For all we know he just handed the piece over.

If baby cake stole the gun - charge the kid.

If you raise then empower a little killer - you should be on the hook.

If dad knew he'd be charged along with Junior do you think he'd have paid a little more attention to securing the weapon?

That’s a little more detailed than your original suggestion.
But as a 2nd proponent I will never be a fan of stricter laws concerning a piece of steel and plastic.
Now, if dad is found negligible and in violation of state laws that’s a different conversation...but is still a SECONDARY conversation with little to no relation to motive or action.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
That’s a little more detailed than your original suggestion.
But as a 2nd proponent I will never be a fan of stricter laws concerning a piece of steel and plastic.
Now, if dad is found negligible and in violation of state laws that’s a different conversation...but is still a SECONDARY conversation with little to no relation to motive or action.

Such is the problem with forum conversation. It would go 1000X faster at a campfire.

As another 2A proponent I ask myself what can we do to make the criminals accountable without punishing the law abiders?

Its a seriously difficult task.

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
Such is the problem with forum conversation. It would go 1000X faster at a campfire.

As another 2A proponent I ask myself what can we do to make the criminals accountable without punishing the law abiders?

Its a seriously difficult task.
Isn't there an argument to be made that those laws are already on the books with aiding and abetting? If pops handed the gun over to the kid, pretty clearly falls under aiding and abetting IMO

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Media is reporting that the kid had posted on social media pics of him target practicing with the gun/targets and making statements about a planned attack.
If true Dad's going in the cell next to him...

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Isn't there an argument to be made that those laws are already on the books with aiding and abetting? If pops handed the gun over to the kid, pretty clearly falls under aiding and abetting IMO

Yes, in many places but not all.

BingerFang

Reaction score
Oh here, allow me to edit this comment just a smidgen.

" Teachers can legally own a gun, why not force them to properly be able to handle a gun that they could defend a child with someday, by being forced by circumstances to shoot another child ? "

This is NOT what teachers signed up for. Just training somebody how to use a gun, does not train them to shoot another human, let alone a young person.
In one scenario, teacher is armed, physically superior student who feels he has nothing to lose for whatever reason, confronts the nice teacher, forcing her to either shoot him before he gets his hands on her, or face being disarmed and now the student has your weapon.

What is your solution? I can’t wait to edit it a smidgen for you.

just_floatin

Reaction score
9mm Sig Sauer purchased on Black Friday kills tnree and injures eight at a Michigan High school. Alleged operator in custody - CNN

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
I just heard on KFI that the parents of the shooter were at the school the morning of the shooting to meet with the principal to discuss their sons behavior.

If true that’s wild and would appear the school had a credible concern.

gqchris

Reaction score
We live in a weird world.....

Think back to how hard it was to be a dork or nerd in junior high or highschool without getting attention from females in the 80's and 90's and multiply that by a million with social media. Now turn on the news where all you hear about is how shitty the world is. Now throw in asshole parents or a divorce situation and little johnny absolutely hates this world and has nothing to loose and goes bonkers.

These kids that have these issues aren't hanging out with great parents at the lake in there new nordic or riding in the dirt with the family in the rzr. Parents are doing a shit job.
Exactly, I honestly feel like these guys have been turned into Cucks by Society, and have NO interest to chase pussy or be a Type A male. Its happening to this guy I know, his "kid" is 32 years old now, never fucked, has no desire to leave his room or phone, stays home and jacks off all day. My buddy and I (its his brothers kid) are like, "Peter, tell your kid to go and chase some ass, ride a dirtbike, something......!!!!" He just ignores us.

99% of my goals in life were because I wanted to bang prime puss. I wanted to make money so that I can continue to bang hot puss all thru life. I stayed out of trouble becuase Jail means less time I can be out dipping my wick! It all goes hand in hand. It still is this way 47 years old for me. I have friends that havent banged their wives in 10 years. Ummm no thanks! Thats the way to an early check out!!!

Test these guys for low testerone. I guarantee you will be amazed at results. They are being feminized!

J DUNN

Unknown Member
Reaction score
Media is reporting that the kid had posted on social media pics of him target practicing with the gun/targets and making statements about a planned attack.
If true Dad's going in the cell next to him...

I take my boys shooting often. I open the safe often and the boys and I get the guns out to clean or just check them out. We ALWAYS clear EVERY firearm that we touch and I ALWAYS lock up EVERY gun in a safe so they can NEVER get to them. I own them, they are in my house, I am responsible. My boys are great and of course I think they would NEVER do something like this, BUT heaven for bid if either of them ever had a pubescent, hormone filled, mind altering, radical shift in their psyche, I sure as HELL am NOT going to be responsible for giving them access to or accidentally allowing access to a firearm.

Taboma

Reaction score
What is your solution? I can’t wait to edit it a smidgen for you.
I believe there's many steps involved in attempting to minimize campus shootings. I don't think there's a singular solution and I realize you're not stating there. However, I disagree that you can force educators, or anybody else for that matter, to become proficient in shooting and most of all, force them to take the life of a student or anybody for that matter.
But solve it, we will never solve it, especially in a country with the freedoms we enjoy, hopefully we can find a number of ways to reduce it.

Notice I'm taking exception to your use of the word FORCE, some teachers might volunteer.

Do you personally think it's that easy to look somebody in the face and kill them ? I don't and I was with troops trained to and paid to kill, let alone educators.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Exactly, I honestly feel like these guys have been turned into Cucks by Society, and have NO interest to chase pussy or be a Type A male. Its happening to this guy I know, his "kid" is 32 years old now, never fucked, has no desire to leave his room or phone, stays home and jacks off all day. My buddy and I (its his brothers kid) are like, "Peter, tell your kid to go and chase some ass, ride a dirtbike, something......!!!!" He just ignores us.

99% of my goals in life were because I wanted to bang prime puss. I wanted to make money so that I can continue to bang hot puss all thru life. I stayed out of trouble becuase Jail means less time I can be out dipping my wick! It all goes hand in hand. It still is this way 47 years old for me. I have friends that havent banged their wives in 10 years. Ummm no thanks! Thats the way to an early check out!!!

Test these guys for low testerone. I guarantee you will be amazed at results. They are being feminized!

Its the new normal.....You cant just walk up to a girl at a club or bar because these kids never leave the house. (CV-19 did not help that program)

Every girl wants to be a tik tok or instagram star so there is no way they are settling for just a regular nice guy that works at home depot. The only way to get a date as a dude is on a app and girls get to weed through 100 guys so unless you pose in front of dads Ferrari and lie or look like a greek god shit is rough.

Kids don't want nto move out becuse parents have there room dialed in with a big screen and ps4 and a leased tacoma so a shit apartment with 4 buddies seems like a downgrade.

Basically the world is shit and parents are worse...lol

If my kid lives at home at age 25 (hell no to 31 y/o at home that means a parent isn't being a big enough prick and charging enough rent)nd isnt going to school to become a doctor i would send him on a 2 week back packing trip and sell the house and move before he returned...haha

Last edited:

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I believe there's many steps involved in attempting to minimize campus shootings. I don't think there's a singular solution and I realize you're not stating there. However, I disagree that you can force educators, or anybody else for that matter, to become proficient in shooting and most of all, force them to take the life of a student or anybody for that matter.
But solve it, we will never solve it, especially in a country with the freedoms we enjoy, hopefully we can find a number of ways to reduce it.

Notice I'm taking exception to your use of the word FORCE, some teachers might volunteer.

Do you personally think it's that easy to look somebody in the face and kill them ? I don't and I was with troops trained to and paid to kill, let alone educators.

I think a threat is a threat, and humanizing that threat gets you dead.
They have dehumanized everyone in their sights. Reciprocation is the only means of counter. That’s the basic real time scenario. All the mumbo jumbo comes later.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Its the new normal.....You cant just walk up to a girl at a club or bar because these kids never leave the house. (CV-19 did not help that program)

Every girl wants to be a tik tok or instagram star so there is no way they are settling for just a regular nice guy that works at home depot. The only way to get a date as a dude is on a app and girls get to weed through 100 guys so unless you pose in front of dads Ferrari and lie or look like a greek god shit is rough.

Kids don't want nto move out becuse parents have there room dialed in with a big screen and ps4 and a leased tacoma so a shit apartment with 4 buddies seems like a downgrade.

Basically the world is shit and parents are worse...lol

If my kid lives at home at age 25 (hell no to 31 y/o at home that means a parent isn't being a big enough prick and charging enough rent)nd isnt going to school to become a doctor i would send him on a 2 week back packing trip and sell the house and move before he returned...haha

As a teen, I found that all the jocks got the hotties. I was also an athlete, but not a lettered jock at school.
So my theory was be REALLY GOOD at...ahem...let’s call it “making the girls feel good”.
Think Nerd in the fun house from revenge 1

After that, things got easy.
Even the cheerleaders would hit me up and I was a bussed in military kid in an army jacket!

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
We didn’t sell the house but I did tell my wife after we put our 25 yo kid on a plane to NH to live with a girl he barely knew that I hope things work out because I’m changing the locks.
It worked out fine just not with the original girl. 😁

Taboma

Reaction score
I think a threat is a threat, and humanizing that threat gets you dead.
They have dehumanized everyone in their sights. Reciprocation is the only means of counter. That’s the basic real time scenario. All the mumbo jumbo comes later.

I think in order to meet your objective, the school districts would find it easier, to hire Mercs and train them to be teachers.
I did like the idea somebody suggested about roving armed roving K9 guards. Then grant them immunity for any collateral damage, because once the bullets fly, it will occur.
Lock the schools down, Xrays in and out, make schools like prisons. Shankings might increase but death by bullets would probably decrease.

Or, how about we just go back to the old school punching each other without the threat of automatic suspension.

Or no more schools, online learning only, everybody gets to stay in their safe space.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I think in order to meet your objective, the school districts would find it easier, to hire Mercs and train them to be teachers.
I did like the idea somebody suggested about roving armed roving K9 guards. Then grant them immunity for any collateral damage, because once the bullets fly, it will occur.
Lock the schools down, Xrays in and out, make schools like prisons. Shankings might increase but death by bullets would probably decrease.

Or, how about we just go back to the old school punching each other without the threat of automatic suspension.

Or no more schools, online learning only, everybody gets to stay in their safe space.

Who knows.
But as old guys we can only imagine what will happen over time.
I like the old school suggestion.
We fought sometimes, we got over it. Fighting with friends was how we learned shit.

500bbc

Reaction score
When my oldest started h school they had a summer pre school mixer to get kids started. My freshman son had a junior make him his target. Guy kept on him during the dance and my son, who’s a little short tempered( don’t know where he gets it🙄) let go and punched his nose and lip open. Bitchen, school hasn’t started and already thrown out. But was backed up by friends and a chaperone and other guy got tossed. Point of story is now he had cred and didn’t get fucked with all through hi school.
Wouldn’t happen now.
Wait, it was at a dance? Why didn't they just have a dance fight?:D

Taboma

Reaction score
Who knows.
But as old guys we can only imagine what will happen over time.
I like the old school suggestion.
We fought sometimes, we got over it. Fighting with friends was how we learned shit.

Yes, we learned respect, we taught respect, and more often than not, friends arose once the dust had settled. Current times don't allow for these exchanges, tensions build until they explode into uncontrolled fury.
Plus Tommy, we didn't live with this all this social media shaming and backstabbing.
My kids are pushing 50 and my grand-sons and daughters seem to be squared away and in college or there in a year. I feel blessed. 🤞👌

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
That Tiktok video is chillin and says it all. That proves premeditation

The shooter was impersonating a cop and attempting to lure others from behind a locked door into a hallway to be presumably murder them. If that is not premeditation, I don’t know what is…

Proof he is a cold blooded murderer. Just evil.

It is difficult for prosecutors to prove premeditated murder. People don’t testify against themselves about their state of mind and state they planned to kill someone. So they must find circumstantial proof that proves intent

HTTP404

New But Seasoned Inmate #2002
Reaction score
We had a school shooting in 85 at Norco High. Thankfully nobody was killed. This shit has been going on forever. People are just better at it now.

Cdog

Reaction score
Wait, it was at a dance? Why didn't they just have a dance fight?:D
Best guess is they are white. Lol!

1638462160091.gif

angiebaby

Mountain Mama
Reaction score
Oh here, allow me to edit this comment just a smidgen.

" Teachers can legally own a gun, why not force them to properly be able to handle a gun that they could defend a child with someday, by being forced by circumstances to shoot another child ? "

This is NOT what teachers signed up for. Just training somebody how to use a gun, does not train them to shoot another human, let alone a young person.
In one scenario, teacher is armed, physically superior student who feels he has nothing to lose for whatever reason, confronts the nice teacher, forcing her to either shoot him before he gets his hands on her, or face being disarmed and now the student has your weapon.

As a teacher, I am not in favor of all teachers having guns. I believe if teachers agree to go through rigorous training, and/or have military experience, they should be allowed to conceal carry if they choose. I believe students and potential outside attackers knowing that any teacher could potentially be carrying would be a huge deterrent. However, many people are genuinely afraid of guns, and for good reason, IMO. People can use them to kill other people. Firing one is literally an explosion in your hands. They make extremely loud noises. If you are afraid of them, I don't want you to have one, much less be forced to carry one.

As a teacher and CCW holder, I am not sure if I would even want to carry one in the classroom for the points brought up in Taboma's post. Reason 1, if it prints, and the kids figure out I have a handgun on me, almost any male student and some of the girls even, might be able to overpower me and take it, especially if I am distracted helping another student at the time. Could I shoot the student? I don't know. Maybe I wouldn't even have that split-second choice and now the kid has my weapon. Reason 2, if there is a threat, but the student hasn't fired his/her weapon yet, I'm just not sure I could squeeze the trigger. Especially if it was one of "my" kids. Now, I do believe that if that student was actively shooting, I could do it. Not sure I could live with the heartbreak and mental trauma afterward, but I believe I could shoot at that moment. BUT, not until the shooting began. Kid just waving a gun and threatening? Don't think so. Reaching for his/her gun? Don't think so. Someone would have to be shot before I would fire. Even for that, I know that it would take a lot more training than I have. And there is no way I would go searching for the shooter outside of my immediate location. How would the police know who the shooter was and who was the teacher? Then there will be court cases against me with stupid people asking why you didn't just shoot him/her in the leg? He/she was a good kid that had just gone astray, just having a rough patch, had been bullied, etc; why did you have to shoot to kill?

I think money needs to be invested in more resource officers at the schools. Districts just will not invest in this. Additionally, you have some parents and teachers not wanting a police presence at schools. With the defund the police movement, a lot of districts got rid of the officers they already had in place. But, it is my understanding that there WAS a resource officer at this school, and it didn't deter this student, yet it would have been a lot worse if he hadn't been there and confronted the student getting him to stop shooting and surrender. So I think that is one answer. Each and every middle and high school should have them in place.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score

Taboma

Reaction score
As a teacher, I am not in favor of all teachers having guns. I believe if teachers agree to go through rigorous training, and/or have military experience, they should be allowed to conceal carry if they choose. I believe students and potential outside attackers knowing that any teacher could potentially be carrying would be a huge deterrent. However, many people are genuinely afraid of guns, and for good reason, IMO. People can use them to kill other people. Firing one is literally an explosion in your hands. They make extremely loud noises. If you are afraid of them, I don't want you to have one, much less be forced to carry one.

As a teacher and CCW holder, I am not sure if I would even want to carry one in the classroom for the points brought up in Taboma's post. Reason 1, if it prints, and the kids figure out I have a handgun on me, almost any male student and some of the girls even, might be able to overpower me and take it, especially if I am distracted helping another student at the time. Could I shoot the student? I don't know. Maybe I wouldn't even have that split-second choice and now the kid has my weapon. Reason 2, if there is a threat, but the student hasn't fired his/her weapon yet, I'm just not sure I could squeeze the trigger. Especially if it was one of "my" kids. Now, I do believe that if that student was actively shooting, I could do it. Not sure I could live with the heartbreak and mental trauma afterward, but I believe I could shoot at that moment. BUT, not until the shooting began. Kid just waving a gun and threatening? Don't think so. Reaching for his/her gun? Don't think so. Someone would have to be shot before I would fire. Even for that, I know that it would take a lot more training than I have. And there is no way I would go searching for the shooter outside of my immediate location. How would the police know who the shooter was and who was the teacher? Then there will be court cases against me with stupid people asking why you didn't just shoot him/her in the leg? He/she was a good kid that had just gone astray, just having a rough patch, had been bullied, etc; why did you have to shoot to kill?

I think money needs to be invested in more resource officers at the schools. Districts just will not invest in this. Additionally, you have some parents and teachers not wanting a police presence at schools. With the defund the police movement, a lot of districts got rid of the officers they already had in place. But, it is my understanding that there WAS a resource officer at this school, and it didn't deter this student, yet it would have been a lot worse if he hadn't been there and confronted the student getting him to stop shooting and surrender. So I think that is one answer. Each and every middle and high school should have them in place.

Bravo and thank you so much for sharing from your position of experience of understanding both sides of the two most critical aspects of arming educators. 👍👍👍

CLdrinker

Reaction score
If I had a kid, I would 100% send them with one of these in their backpack and train them for these situations. Sad times.....
Both of my kids had them. Taught them to never run in a straight line, and put anything they can between them and the bad guy.
This is a big reason they are homeschooled. Covid BS was the straw that broke the camels back.

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
I remember being in 6th grade in 1982 . . . there was a new kid that came to the school mid-year. Still remember his name to this day.
For some reason, I don't remember why . . . he got picked on, and pretty heavily.
After school one day I was walking across the black-top / basketball courts on my way home.
I remember looking over and seeing a lifted short bed chevy with a roll bar and 'KC' lights on top w/ 2-3 dudes standing in the bed.
They rolled out on the basketball court, and everyone jumped out and a full on brawl broke out ! I had been in a few fights over the years, but this was serious! ESPECIALLY considering this was at a friggin middle school in Huntington Beach !!!! Turns out it was the kid who was being picked-on Dad, older bothers, and friends ! . . . they got into it with some of the dudes who where kinda the main dudes picking on the kid . . . I split as the cops showed up, . . .it was pretty heavy for the time. The Dad was arrested along with the brothers.
Looking back on it . . . it's crazy how times have changed . . . these were only 6th, 7th, and 8th graders !

just_floatin

Reaction score
I vividly remember getting bullied as a young kid growing up in the Bay Area. Pops took me to a boxing gym on A street in Hayward to learn how to box. The thought of touching Pops firearm never crossed my mind. But then again I grew up in this era 👇🏽
D14EE203-F764-4783-B3E6-25F23ECE23BB.jpeg

angiebaby

Mountain Mama
Reaction score
I just heard on KFI that the parents of the shooter were at the school the morning of the shooting to meet with the principal to discuss their sons behavior.

If true that’s wild and would appear the school had a credible concern.

Yet he was still in the school and allowed to be unsupervised.

I have had many students threaten violence and still be in the classroom. Oftentimes, to protect the privacy of the student, we teachers weren't even aware of the threat. I'm not kidding. One time, I just had another adult in my class. I had to call admin and ask who this person was. Turns out, the kid had made threats, so this adult was supposed to follow the kid from class to class to listen for any threatening language and then alert admin. The adult was on her phone and not even paying any attention. Then he wrote a poem talking about killing people at school. I took a picture and sent it to admin immediately. Nothing happened. Anyway, my point is that we were not notified to look for any behaviors until we forced the issue. This is because he did not threaten anyone specifically. That is the only way we will be notified. If he says "I'm going to shoot ______________. Due to FERPA laws, this kid had rights that superseded all of the other students' and staffs' rights to safety. I had another middle-schooler that gave away his ADHD medicine to other students, brought alcohol to school, brought weed to school, sexually harrassed both males and females, threatened to rape another boy, threatened the school, and was still in my classroom with the excuse that his behavior should be overlooked because he suffered so much trauma as a child. He did suffer some pretty horrendous trauma, but where does the safety of the other kids come in to play? Can't expel him because 1-he is on an IEP (ADHD and severe emotional disturbance) and because federal law states that ALL students are entitled to a free education. He had already been kicked out of another middle school in the district. Similar story of the kid in the Parkland school shooting.

Here's a homework assignment for all of you parents. :) Ask your kids if there are any students who disrupt their classes and education on a daily basis and make it difficult for them to learn. You need to ask them because they probably won't tell you. They think it's normal. Then, go to the school and ask admin to either remove that kid from your kids class, or remove your kid from the class. If they refuse, get a bunch of other parents together to file class-action lawsuit because your kid is not getting the education he/she is entitled to by law because this kid is continually allowed to disrupt. Remember that right to a free education? Your kid has it also. That is the only way these kids will be removed. Right now, they have more rights than your child and the 30 others in the classroom.

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
So the kid was charged with one count of terrorism.

WoUYSOkO.jpeg

Meanwhile, the scumbag in WI ran down 60 people and killed 6 all while slowing down, stopping, accelerating and swerving, along with anti-White posts all over social media.

Our country is sick and needs cleansing.

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Teachers with guns is A O K in my book, as long as they are heavily trained. It should not be a mandate of any kind, more of a personal choice.

K-9 dogs on school campus is a whole other issue. Yes it sounds great, but dogs that are trained to attack and bite are not let out in public eye for fun for a reason. That video posted shows a very well choreographed and heavily trained response that takes years and a ton of money to make happen right. And I'd be real surprised if any school out there wanted to invest the time and money into a dog and it's handler. The liability insurance alone would stop almost all of them before even getting to the actual price of dog and handler.

Not really surprised if we hear the kid was on the "spectrum" so to speak.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Some new evidence came out.

Got a talking too days before when searching for ammo on his phone. School said need to be on councilling in 48 hours. “Mom said it’s ok, next time don’t get caught.

Then a few days later. Kid does a drawing day of shooting abs parents go on school ground but refuse to remove him from school. He was drawing pictures of kids getting shot and bleeding out.

A few hours later he pulled the gun out of his backpack and killed so far 4 kids.

My thoughts are the school should be sued for not checking his backpack after finding shooting drawings
Second parents should be held for murder
Third death penalty for this kid. Realizing that won’t happen should be in jail with zero visitation from fiend or family ever. As well as no letters or anything.

These parents can’t ever do that to their kids who passed away sp why should he!!!

Parents I’m sure are still proud. Hang them hardcore!!!

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Some new evidence came out.

Got a talking too days before when searching for ammo on his phone. School said need to be on councilling in 48 hours. “Mom said it’s ok, next time don’t get caught.

Then a few days later. Kid does a drawing day of shooting abs parents go on school ground but refuse to remove him from school. He was drawing pictures of kids getting shot and bleeding out.

A few hours later he pulled the gun out of his backpack and killed so far 4 kids.

My thoughts are the school should be sued for not checking his backpack after finding shooting drawings
Second parents should be held for murder
Third death penalty for this kid. Realizing that won’t happen should be in jail with zero visitation from fiend or family ever. As well as no letters or anything.

These parents can’t ever do that to their kids who passed away sp why should he!!!

Parents I’m sure are still proud. Hang them hardcore!!!
Police now looking for the parents and appears they have gone into hiding.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Police now looking for the parents and appears they have gone into hiding.
Just saw that. Wow!!! Story is still developing. My question is why we’re they not detained in the first place

TCHB

Reaction score
Lots of crazy people out there today. In my day it would have been a fist fight! Try him as a adult.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Just reported...

Oakland County authorities say they are still searching for James and Jennifer Crumbley, the parents of accused Oxford High School shooter Ethan Crumbley.

Oakland County Prosecutor Karen McDonald announced four involuntary manslaughter charges each for the Crumbleys and they were expected to be arraigned by video Friday in 52-3 District Court in Rochester Hills.

James and Jennifer Crumbley, the parents of Ethan Crumbley appear via video for the arraignment of their son on December 1, 2021.

During a hearing that started around noon before Judge Julie Nicholson, a lieutenant with the Oakland County Sheriff's Office said the parents were not in custody. The Oakland County Fugitive Team, along with the FBI and U.S, Marshal Service, are searching for the couple as of Friday afternoon.

"The action of fleeing and ignoring their attorney certainly adds weight to the charges," Oakland County Sheriff Michael Bouchard said in a release Friday. "They cannot run from their part in this tragedy."

However, the Crumbleys' attorneys, Smith and Mariell Lehman, said that despite reports, the couple is not on the run and will be returning to the area to be arraigned.

"The Crumbleys left town on the night of the tragic shooting for their own safety," they said in a message to the Free Press:

"On Thursday night we contacted the Oakland County prosecutor to discuss this matter and to advise her that James and Jennifer Crumbley would be turning themselves in to be arraigned. Instead of communicating with us, the prosecutor held a press conference to announce charges.
"The Crumbleys left town on the night of the tragic shooting for their own safety. They are returning to the area to be arraigned. They are not fleeing from law enforcement despite recent comments in media reports."

Police released an alert to be on the lookout for the parents, who drive a 2021 black Kia Seltos SUV with the license plate DQG5203 and own a white Kia Soul state wagon with the plate DZH8994, according to Secretary of State records and the Oakland County sheriff's office.

shunter2005

Reaction score
Interesting I can't find a picture of the shooter???

It will be interesting to learn what drugs he's on or trying to get off.

90%+ of these mass shootings involve prescription drugs.
They have shown him on OANN several times. That kid has Charles Manson eyes!!! Evil.
Michigan-suspects-parents-met-with-teachers-hours-before-shooting.orgf1fce28c558147e49bf4852c...jpeg

Just heard the parents are on the run!!! DA charged them with 4 cts of manslaughter each.

nameisbond

Reaction score
Yep, parents are missing. New info has come out in regards to the parents and what they knew before hand. So much so that the prosecutor is charging both parents with four counts involuntary manslaughter.

edit: others posted just before I posted.