WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Parker Sherrifs Need a MRAP? Wtf?

pinhead

Banned
Reaction score
That was the post they put out on fb..

It reminds me of a saying “The most expensive kind of boat, is a free one.”

The maintenance to keep this thing usable for LEO would be enough to choke an elephant..

This goes along with a couple of crazy military helicopters.. for reasons that completely escape me.

I am pro cop, but I can’t think of any reason that the La Paz county sheriffs Dept needs any of this stuff. What do they need military grade armored vehicles for?

Insanity.
Maybe because Regor and the other idiots in the Dungeon spout off daily about kicking off a civil war? This is how the government neutralizes extreme rightwing terrorists and Mojave County is ground zero for wingnuts.

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
There are Acres and Acres of Vehicles, Aircraft and who knows what else we have paid for and sit Idle wasting away in the Desert and other storage Yards. This is the Least of this Country's concerns, and if this is about $'s how about the Million Unvaccinated Illegals in our Country there Are and Will be Living "OFF" us for Who Knows How Long?

2Driver

Reaction score
Maybe because Regor and the other idiots in the Dungeon spout off daily about kicking off a civil war? This is how the government neutralizes extreme rightwing terrorists and Mojave County is ground zero for wingnuts.

Plus they can use it for enforcing Biden's upcoming vaccine and mask mandate.

Last edited:

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Big difference Zig, that’s you spending your money.

No one accused the government as having any sense judgement or a basic grasp of symptom-diagnosis

If the government was a Doctor it would prescribe 2 aspirin for cancer and chemotherapy for a cold.
It still is a "want" verses "need" scenario.
If I could utilize a 1033 exchange and get that twin 450 toon I'd do it in a heartbeat even if I never went faster than 42mph.😄

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
We have 2 mrap vehicles here in town. One is county, one is town PD. They use them for high risk warrants County wide. The last time one was used locally, was when a dipshit took shots at a deputy's home. His 5yo was in the front room! They found out who, and rolled deep.

I would have been ok with them running the mrap right over the guy.

There you go.

“If it saves just one life, it is all worth it.”

“Well that County has one, so we need one.”

Ghit

Reaction score
as long as they received a shit ton of maintenance supplies along with it.
All the spares are rotting away in fields at red river or sierra. Billions spent, they just throw entire axle assemblies in the garbage.

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
"Civil War kicking off in Parker" . . . I just blew cereal out my nose ! . . . I can just see it now . . . phone rings in a creepy star wars bar, 'Dotty' with the lit Pal Mal cig and bean-bag ashtray answers . . . "Roy !!! . . . the phones for you . . . it's Harold . . . he says 'It's on' whatever the fuck that means" !!! . . . . . 😅😂🤣😅😂🤣😅😂🤣

PaPaG

Reaction score
80,000 unvetted refugees have been transferred and planted into society in AZ, I rather have LEOs with all the equipment they would EVER NEED in almost any event and also have some equipment that hopefully they would NEVER NEED JUST IN CASE... Anything to keep LEOs safe while doing a job most would piss in their pants if they had to just one time....

Gelcoater

Reaction score
We have a couple of these armored vehicles in Riverside.
Not sure if they are city or county and have seen one two times.

First time was 2014, was taking the kid home from the orthodontist.
It was cruising down Magnolia.
2489C0BB-8172-4665-97A7-852816C86FE0.jpeg

The other time was 2020 on tv.
There were 2 of them to disburse some “peaceful protesters” in down town.
D9E00E9B-E544-4B6C-B11C-F8F2881A2A5D.png

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score

The maintenance to keep this thing usable for LEO would be enough to choke an elephant..

This goes along with a couple of crazy military helicopters.. for reasons that completely escape me.

I am pro cop, but I can’t think of any reason that the La Paz county sheriffs Dept needs any of this stuff. What do they need military grade armored vehicles for?

Insanity.
Just in time for the News Years Eve party on Apache Loop. 👍

Springfield

Reaction score
1st post, went straight to the dungeon and now calling out @regor, it's on.... 😆

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
I think some of you are mixing up irresponsible spending from general budgets of local municipalities and the scrutiny that LE budgets are under in today's political climate.

gqchris

Reaction score
There is a reason they are posing in front of it like little kids. They wanted a new toy. They got it. Thats how shit works, Happens all the time in my industry of IT. Some boss says we need some fancy bullshit because he is a "kid" and it never leaves the box.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
You never need an MRAP, until you need an MRAP. Regardless of how anyone feels about law enforcement obtaining military equipment, it should be noted that the amount of military grade equipment and weapons being obtained by criminals is a much larger problem than it has ever been. More so than most could even imagine. Most people do not realize that side of the equation. Criminals are obtaining military grade weapons, body armor and equipment at a staggering rate. That is in addition to a problem of the criminal element joining the military just to get tactical training and training in weapons use. That should concern anyone, regardless of who you are. The "bad guy" is constantly evolving and building their army and arsenal. I am not saying that local law enforcement having military equipment is wrong or right, just to step back and look at all sides of the situation. Has everyone forgot about the Hollywood shoot out several years ago? The police showed up and were out gunned and could do little to stop the crooks until a local gun store equipped them with firepower equal to the crooks, then it was game over. So, just think about the bigger picture. I am pretty sure the police will not be patrolling your neighborhood in the MRAP or doing car stops with it, lol.
Yeah...except more and more WE are being considered the "criminals".
That shootout was in 1997...24 years ago, not several years ago... when police there had no rifles to match even a 5.56 round.
That bank robbery changed the dynamic of LE weaponry forever.
It isn't out of the realm of possibility to see that being used to come through average Joe's front wall to round up the unvaccinated or refusal to hand over legally owned weapons, for instance.

Remember, if the product is free, then YOU are the product. Please define the "bad guy" of which you speak?
I'm not necessarily disagreeing with your point, there is truth to it, I'm saying the line between good and bad isn't as distinct as you may see it?
At least not to the cops.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Hey now. Don’t group us in with the Mohave wingnuts. We are in a different county down here in Parker. One that doesn’t include the armpit of Az from Mohave Valley over to Kingman. 🙄

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
Yeah...except more and more WE are being considered the "criminals".
That shootout was in 1997...24 years ago, not several years ago... when police there had no rifles to match even a 5.56 round.
That bank robbery changed the dynamic of LE weaponry forever.
It isn't out of the realm of possibility to see that being used to come through average Joe's front wall to round up the unvaccinated or refusal to hand over legally owned weapons, for instance.

Remember, if the product is free, then YOU are the product. Please define the "bad guy" of which you speak?
I'm not necessarily disagreeing with your point, there is truth to it, I'm saying the line between good and bad isn't as distinct as you may see it?
At least not to the cops.
where I will break with you is that I have faith in the LE who would be tasked to drive that through someone's front door for being unvaxxed to say no. That may be a misplaced faith and I may be biased based on my profession, but based on the daily interactions I have with LE give me that faith.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score

Insanity.
Meth

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
where I will break with you is that I have faith in the LE who would be tasked to drive that through someone's front door for being unvaxxed to say no. That may be a misplaced faith and I may be biased based on my profession, but based on the daily interactions I have with LE give me that faith.
I really want to believe that, but I don't get that warm fuzzy feeling. I don't interact with them on a daily basis...that's my point.
They "know" you, they don't know me (as far as I know at least lol, they rarely divulge their true intentions so who knows?) We are treated differently at point of contact.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score

Sup Shameus?
Obviously you've never been to W Virginia...!

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
I really want to believe that, but I don't get that warm fuzzy feeling. I don't interact with them on a daily basis...that's my point.
They "know" you, they don't know me (as far as I know at least lol, they rarely divulge their true intentions so who knows?) We are treated differently at point of contact.
definitely and I hope we will never find out if they would follow through on such orders.

FreeBird236

Reaction score
That is handled by an entirely different agency? Which is easily stopped with minimal
Common sense.

Arming the Sherriff’s with this, to stop a problem that they aren’t responsible for, or even handle?
I'm glad you're so at ease with the situation at the border, I'm still waiting for a response to the problem. In the mean time I don't see the problem being prepared.

boatpi

Reaction score
This CAN happen anywhere, LAPD had ZERO protection;

Tank

Reaction score
Better than giving it to the Taliban right? 🤦‍♂️

All kidding aside, I didn't read all the responses so excuse me if this is repeat info.

However, these vehicles are good for barricaded subjects or high risk warrant service, especially in La paz county where houses can be on acres of land and isolated. You can approach the house with-out risking your team being sniped. Which, statistics show attacks on LE is at an all time high. So, really no better time to have this thing than under Bidens admin.

Also, to the point of @RiverDave concern that upkeep and maintenance is astronomical - While seemingly true, it actually isn't bad at all. They don't get driven much and are usually only deployed for special high risk incidents (or parades LOL). So, tires are going to last upwards of 10 years. servicing the motor is not a huge deal as most of these are based off of an F650 chasis and have Cat diesel motor. Not super high maintenance at all.

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
All fine and dandy if it was used for bullshit riot's, wackos on a killing spree etc. This will probably see action going door to door collecting the unvaxxed Australia style or a gun grab in the near future

rivergames

Reaction score
as people continue buying up residential property and installing toy barns in place of single family dwellings the tweakers are being displaced and have taken to the streets We need MRWRAPS and other such vehicles for population control. @rivergames

Or we could bus them to Havasu. :) View attachment 1072514

Make Parker Great Again and just keep sending all the Tweakers up to Havasu where they belong!

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Better than giving it to the Taliban right? 🤦‍♂️

All kidding aside, I didn't read all the responses so excuse me if this is repeat info.

However, these vehicles are good for barricaded subjects or high risk warrant service, especially in La paz county where houses can be on acres of land and isolated. You can approach the house with-out risking your team being sniped. Which, statistics show attacks on LE is at an all time high. So, really no better time to have this thing than under Bidens admin.

Also, to the point of @RiverDave concern that upkeep and maintenance is astronomical - While seemingly true, it actually isn't bad at all. They don't get driven much and are usually only deployed for special high risk incidents (or parades LOL). So, tires are going to last upwards of 10 years. servicing the motor is not a huge deal as most of these are based off of an F650 chasis and have Cat diesel motor. Not super high maintenance at all.

What I'm hearing is that the true gift would have been an F150.

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
On Saturday the La Paz County Sheriff's Office took delivery of an MRAP. This armored vehicle was acquired through the 1033 program at no cost. Thank You to Reserve Deputy William Seltzer who works constantly to obtain equipment that we would otherwise not have. We would also like to thank CMI transport and their staff for facilitating the pick-up and transport of this vehicle.

We understand that some will think we have no need for this type of equipment. However in the past we have had to wait on armored vehicles to come from Phoenix and Yuma in emergencies. The safety of our community and Deputies responding to active incidents should not depend on waiting hours for resources.

View attachment 1072496 View attachment 1072497

Lol, almost every PD requests these because they are free from DLA, I contract to DLA for resale to the public for the items that aren't restricted to be used by the public, they are restricted.

I watch items that could get to us to sell to the pubic to regenerate funds for the DoD/DLA and will watch some podunk PD take it before it gets into our cycle and it annoys the shit out of me as its basically not needed by them but could make funds for the war fighters instead of some PD parking it in a motorpool with no use

DirtyWhiteDog

Reaction score
Quite a few years ago, but I was talking to 1 of Mohave county shop guys about the MRAP that has been sitting in the yard in mohave Valley. He told me that they went through 2 sets of tires due to age and sitting before it was ever used in duty.

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
On Saturday the La Paz County Sheriff's Office took delivery of an MRAP. This armored vehicle was acquired through the 1033 program at no cost. Thank You to Reserve Deputy William Seltzer who works constantly to obtain equipment that we would otherwise not have. We would also like to thank CMI transport and their staff for facilitating the pick-up and transport of this vehicle.

We understand that some will think we have no need for this type of equipment. However in the past we have had to wait on armored vehicles to come from Phoenix and Yuma in emergencies. The safety of our community and Deputies responding to active incidents should not depend on waiting hours for resources.

View attachment 1072496 View attachment 1072497
not really its over the highway engine, trans and air brakes, they can keep it running for cheap, they can even get spare parts and tires from that very DLA program or purchase through my company

dread Pirate

Reaction score
You guys are behind. Humboldt County has had one for a few years now. Granted we only got the 2 axle version.