WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Jesus some times i can't win, what is proper etiquette?

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
So when i go out on a lunch or dinner date i always leave my phone in my pocket, someone calls i will get back to them later,
Today i'm with someone that i have gone out with a few times and we go out and have a nice drive up the coast and i leave my phone on because lots of stuff happening at work and i need to answer, having a great time but of course as luck would have it ( i don't always have the best luck ) for what ever reason i get a few phone calls from women friends that pop up on the stereo of course,
i don't really see a good option so just answer and say hi, i'm busy i'll call you back later, and leave it at that. not sure if that is being rude to both of them or should i just not answer in the first place?
We actually had a conversation about it because she was like damn you are pretty popular person, she gets that we are not in a relationship so not much to get mad about but also i think it was a little bit uncomfortable.
What would be proper? i can't just turn off the phone for the day ( which in hindsight would probably have been better) yeah and not having names pop up on the stereo and stay there would probably be a good thing to change,
Or maybe i'm just over reacting and not a big deal, not like i'm a teenager any more

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
1. When in the car turn bluetooth off on your phone
2. You screen your calls and decide which ones you want to take when you’re with someone

Me, I either decide to turn off my ringer or not answer any calls

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
2. You screen your calls and decide which ones you want to take when you’re with someone

This
But you’ve kept her guessing, and if shit goes sideways, your joe cool. “Ok, if that’s the way you want it”.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
X3. Turn the blue tooth off, never plug into the cars system. Turn your ringer off.

If you do forget, do not answer. That’s never going to go well.

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
If it’s personal, I’m all about the date. If it’s business, she can wait. MOB. If she doesn’t understand that, bush her ass. It will only get worse later.

And if we’re in the early stages of dating, I don’t give a fuck what she thinks.

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
Again, depends on the age and mindset of the broad. Social media has these young chicks all gassed up- plenty of losers willing to give them complements and talk down on whoever they are going out with.

Dan is an established man with success and net worth so he gets to narrow his choices.

Some of these broads are straight losers gliding on their looks with nothing to offer a mate and want to complain about everything.

I doubt Dan was on his phone the whole date- like she probably was. He is a businessman, and if he needs to handle business, the date can wait. If a self entitled chick can’t handle this, bush her.

I doubt he was Stunting on the gram. If a date can’t handle him getting messages from other ladies then she’s insecure, bush her now to avoid headaches later.

77charger

Reaction score

Do the same here turn off bluetooh and put phone to silent where it will vibrate and i can see whos calling .And if i dont want it to ring i put phone in do not disturb mode

Jed-O

Shitter was full!
Reaction score
My voicemail states "if I am unable to answer and/or my messages are full please send me a text message. I will get back to you as soon as I possibly can".
Keep it simple and short. "Sorry hunny, I had my hands full at the time covered in wood glue ", "Sorry sweetie, was driving across the mountain and my service was shitty", "Sorry babe, I was in the middle of an important meeting with the client that decided to change the cabinet doors for the forth fucking time! I swear I wish I could kill that bitch!" the list goes on and on...
Just don't say "Sorry sweetie, you're best friend handcuffed me to the bed and sat on my face" That one probably won't go over well... 👍

CarolynandBob

Reaction score
I don't understand why you didn't just hit ignore and send to voice mail. So what if it came through the car stereo. I really do not understand the problem.

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
When she says things like "You're pretty popular", that really means she wants more of your attention. We as people want to feel important. So yeah turn the bluetooth off and do your best to engage with her as much as you can while you're with her. Then, when she's in the restroom pull the phone out of your pocket and start firing back your text messages. lol And don't talk about business, the Cig too much or how busy it is right now in show biz etc.. Just talk about her and be engaged with her. Of course don't lose a job by not calling someone back but I think you get what I mean.

angiebaby

Mountain Mama
Reaction score
Disclaimer, I haven't dated in 30+ years. But if I was out with a guy and he received several phone calls from women I would assume he's a player. Now, a chick may think that's fine, she just wants a good time/meal/f**k/whatever. Another chick may be looking/hoping for something more serious and really like you, but figure she's wasting her time if you are a player. Taking a quick call from work and letting her know ahead of time is not a deal-breaker for a rational woman. If she has a problem with that dump her ass off at the nearest corner and run. I'd turn the Bluetooth off and not answer it. If it's work it can still wait while you're driving until you can get to your destination to look at your phone.

Last edited:

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I'd start drinking.. thats when I always make my best decisions

Absolutely.

BF5B2F3A-CEE3-4542-8135-E0A5911BF524.jpeg

HBCraig

Reaction score

This

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
. . . . Man . . . my ex GF was a nazi about that crap . . . she'd blow a head gasket if I answered or looked at my phone while we were out . . . . but if her kids, parents, or worked called HER, it was no big deal . . . . it used to piss me the F off . . . . I don't miss those days . . .like a dog on a choke-chain.

nowski

Reaction score
What's the problem???

You inadvertently sent your date a message that she's entered into a competition just to even get a date with you. If she wants to pursue a relationship with you at this point, she's gonna have to blow away the competition in a good way...

Your ad here

Reaction score
Don't pick it up next time but you run the risk of a text message popping up on the dash so kinda hard to win.
I don't understand how so many people are so open with phone conversations? Meaning people talking through bluetooth in their vehicle with passengers in it and it's a serious conversation. I've always considered a phone call a private conversation between the two people that are on the line. So many things can be taken the wrong way or get you in trouble because someone that shouldn't be listen will cause trouble, just because.

Last edited:

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
My phone is an extension of my business , I will answer it (or respond to it) whenever I'm there for orders , social, tech and anyone close to me knows it , We live in a world of "frequently asked questions" no personal contact , "push 1 for a call back", email contact only yada yada .. I hate it and believe in answering whenever possible

gqchris

Reaction score
When I was single and juggling multiple gashes at the same time, I would make sure my phone was always on silent, and the notifications would always be turned off to not flash up on screen. Including texts. Also keep their contact names as generalized as possible in the address book.

They knew they were not the "only one", but when I was with that particular person, I gave them no reason to doubt or be distracted. Just easier.

And for gods sake disable Bluetooth to the car when in company. I have a now divorced friend that answered his side chicks call on his phone while in 7-11, but Bluetooth was still active in car with wife and kids. Dumb asssss...!

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
When I was single and juggling multiple gashes at the same time, I would make sure my phone was always on silent, and the notifications would always be turned off to not flash up on screen. Including texts. Also keep their contact names as generalized as possible in the address book.

They knew they were not the "only one", but when I was with that particular person, I gave them no reason to doubt or be distracted. Just easier.

And for gods sake disable Bluetooth to the car when in company. I have a now divorced friend that answered his side chicks call on his phone while in 7-11, but Bluetooth was still active in car with wife and kids. Dumb asssss...!
That's rule number 1.

At a minimum if you are gonna do it, don't sync your address book to the car so at least when you get a call it pops up as a number and not a name so you can decide how you want to play it.

Backlash

Reaction score
Disclaimer, I haven't dated in 30+ years. But if I was out with a guy and he received several phone calls from women I would assume he's a player. Now, a chick may think that's fine, she just wants a good time/meal/f**k/whatever. Another chick may be looking/hoping for something more serious and really like you, but figure she's wasting her time if you are a player. Taking a quick call from work and letting her know ahead of time is not a deal-breaker for a rational woman. If she has a problem with that dump her ass off at the nearest corner and run. I'd turn the Bluetooth off and not answer it. If it's work it can still wait while you're driving until you can get to your destination to look at your phone.
Angiebaby is so cute!

"....rational woman...."

LMAO!! 🤣🤣🤣

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
Why hide anything?

You are not involved with any commitment, don't hide shit or lie about anything.

I do not mean for you to ignore her, or not pay attention while you are with her, but set your boundries from the start.

You want someone who is normal, not SoCal Psyco like the majority of women in SoCal.

Jealousy/Insecurity is ugly.

samsah33

Reaction score
Hopefully it wasn't your wife that called when you were on the date. I can see how that would make things uncomfortable...

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
Well,for sure “Sport in Wood” married up.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Why hide anything?

You are not involved with any commitment, don't hide shit or lie about anything.

I do not mean for you to ignore her, or not pay attention while you are with her, but set your boundries from the start.

You want someone who is normal, not SoCal Psyco like the majority of women in SoCal.

Jealousy/Insecurity is ugly.

Imagine a world where men only dated women who aren’t jealous or insecure 😂😂😂

There’s be a lot more men with boats and without wives and kids

DC-88

Reaction score
What if we didn't have Cell Phones? I guess like in the "Old Days" Things just have to wait until "?"

People who have Conversations on their Cell in Public should be Shot.o_O
Agree sorta, like the goons yelling in public adding hand gestures with their ear buds in. Ironically with business it's the phone calls from the "Old School" clients you DO have to take on the fly, because the fockers will leave voicemails....and ain't nobody got time for those;)

WYRD

Reaction score
When you're dating multiple women put each of them in your phone by the name of a different actor/ actress, high-profile politician or well-known billionaire.
(I.e. if her name is Jennifer put her in as Jen Aniston or Jessica goes in as Jess Biel, and so on)

That way when you are out on a date with the latest fling and one of the other ones calls you, the name that shows up on your screen will be someone high profile and when you ignore that call, the chick riding shotgun will think she's more important to you than the high-profile name and will most definitely put out.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
When you're dating multiple women put each of them in your phone by the name of a different actor/ actress, high-profile politician or well-known billionaire.
(I.e. if her name is Jennifer put her in as Jen Aniston or Jessica goes in as Jess Biel, and so on)

That way when you are out on a date with the latest fling and one of the other ones calls you, the name that shows up on your screen will be someone high profile and when you ignore that call, the chick riding shotgun will think she's more important to you than the high-profile name and will most definitely put out.
Thats some good thinking ;)

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Gee, you're popular!

Yeah, it's what happens when you own a boat.

Let the conversation go from there...

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

Jon Lovitz approves of this post. 😁

Ct5

Reaction score
Them knowing/thinking there’s some competition can greatly play in your favor. You just can’t be disrespectful and in your face with it. I’d keep your phone on silent and disconnected from the truck from here on. Don’t worry about the first offense 😎

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Alright Alright.... what we really wanna know is how long Big D waits till dropping the "Oh, did I mention I own a Cig?"

Am I right felllas