WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Glamis - New Years

Blubyu

Reaction score
Anyone going? We are planning on pulling out the 30th mid-morning, be somewhere in the washes, no real plan as to which one just yet.

Attachments

• Glamis 2021.jpg
    Glamis 2021.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 95

69hondo

Reaction score
Anyone going? We are planning on pulling out the 30th mid-morning, be somewhere in the washes, no real plan as to which one just yet.
Ok, I am going to tell you from my experience last year you are going to want to try and go earlier if you can unless its just you in your camp but if you have a group send someone out earlier.. We did this last new years and got there on the 29th. Had to go all the way to wash 28 before we found room for our group. I dont know how familiar you are with the washes but I think around wash 25 they stop maintaining the road. Again just my two cents and maybe it will be different this year but it was pretty insanely busy last new years. I have a couple buddies going again this year and they are leaving morning of the 26th to hopefully get a spot between washes12-14.

Blubyu

Reaction score
Ok, I am going to tell you from my experience last year you are going to want to try and go earlier if you can unless its just you in your camp but if you have a group send someone out earlier.. We did this last new years and got there on the 29th. Had to go all the way to wash 28 before we found room for our group. I dont know how familiar you are with the washes but I think around wash 25 they stop maintaining the road. Again just my two cents and maybe it will be different this year but it was pretty insanely busy last new years. I have a couple buddies going again this year and they are leaving morning of the 26th to hopefully get a spot between washes12-14.

Dang!!! Sounds worse than Halloween this year, Halloween was packed to the max!

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
We are heading there early next week for xmas and stay through new years. Gecko, Pad 4..

Icky

Reaction score
We'll be at wash 4, by the time I get there I imagine we'll be double or triple stacked in our group 🙄

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
Well be there, huge group, likely around wash 3-6 just look for the helicopter, lol

Yarder

Substantial Member
Reaction score
We'll be out there, most likely in Wash 13.

Blubyu

Reaction score
Well be there, huge group, likely around wash 3-6 just look for the helicopter, lol

Are you bringing the mariachi music too? lol

We did wash six for Halloween, backed up against the dunes. I would like to be somewhere around there again.

Last edited:

BLOWN HOWARD

Reaction score
Watch out for the Wash 6 boyz we ended up next to them last yr and they put on one hell of a show for a solid 24hrs

Blubyu

Reaction score
Watch out for the Wash 6 boyz we ended up next to them last yr and they put on one hell of a show for a solid 24hrs
ha, I saw the ballon they had up for a camp marker. Their camp and the Glamis Bums between their two ballons is where we were for Halloween, made it really easy to find camp but yes, they were loud no matter the time.

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
Are you bringing the mariachi music too? lol

We did wash six for Halloween, backed up against the dunes. I would like to be somewhere around there again.
Mariachi not us, but it don’t bother me, get enough drinks in me I’ll sing along to that shit. Lol
Makes It easier to find the midnight street tacos and tequila shots.
wash 6 boyz is a good group of guys, fun group to hang and dune with, 1 of them is my neighbor in my hood.

People cry about music, cars and bikes running all night long, fireworks etc..
Just like Havasu if you don’t want to be around that stuff theirs plenty of options. Don’t go on holiday weekends or head out to wash 24, roadrunner estates, or keep going out to buttercup. It’s like going to havasu and crying about the channel or pirates, there’s a whole lot of lake to avoid the shit show if that’s not your thing.

‘If ya see me out there stop by and say hi
1CB51E6E-7FB8-4933-9C59-7361E1331B05.jpeg

Blubyu

Reaction score
Mariachi not us, but it don’t bother me, get enough drinks in me I’ll sing along to that shit. Lol
Makes It easier to find the midnight street tacos and tequila shots.
wash 6 boyz is a good group of guys, fun group to hang and dune with, 1 of them is my neighbor in my hood.

People cry about music, cars and bikes running all night long, fireworks etc..
Just like Havasu if you don’t want to be around that stuff theirs plenty of options. Don’t go on holiday weekends or head out to wash 24, roadrunner estates, or keep going out to buttercup. It’s like going to havasu and crying about the channel or pirates, there’s a whole lot of lake to avoid the shit show if that’s not your thing.

‘If ya see me out there stop by and say hi
View attachment 1074060
Heck yeah!

Nanu/Nanu

Don't wait til' life's easy to be happy
Reaction score
As usual I be there camped in like wash 345. 🤣

I got kids so I stay away from glamis on big weekends. If anyone is heading to ogilby/Patton we have a smiley face camp flag on paint poles.

Blubyu

Reaction score
269681490_605671527324611_3813366795181165290_n.jpg

I will try and get a link... This stupid OHV deal has been going around for a while, save yourself a ticket get the tag.

Link👇

Last edited:

rpmsrup

Reaction score
Ill be rolling out the 26th early will probably be in wash 14 like last year it wasnt bad that far down

Nanu/Nanu

Reaction score
When you read the description it says for states with no ohv registration. Arizona has an ohv registration program. So my assumption is that nothing changes for AZ residents. I know it's an assumption I'll take my chances.

Blubyu

Reaction score
When you read the description it says for states with no ohv registration. Arizona has an ohv registration program. So my assumption is that nothing changes for AZ residents. I know it's an assumption I'll take my chances.

Arizona's OHV registration program is only valid for the state of Arizona and California will not recognize it just as Arizona will not recognize California's OHV. So for us in Arizona, we will need to withhold an Arizona OHV sticker along with a California to be in compliance.

Last edited:

77charger

Reaction score
Nope az requires ouit of state ohv to get their sticker.Does not care if registered in your state.Ca will accept out of state registrations if that state recognizes ca stickers.Say oregon doesnt require an out of state sticker if you are registered in their home state ca will be fine if oregon resident comes to ca with oregon tags.

Az and utah say buy our sticker so go to ca with a utah or az sticker well pay up.I hate the way ca is run but utah started this and az followed so this is a payback to those states.And honestly i though ca would do this before az or utah!

Glad by buggy has been a pain to register in az so still have ca sticker

Nanu/Nanu

Reaction score
So how do I interpret this? I just pulled this up on Cali's ohv website. It says Arizona's ohv sticker with the matching RV plate meets the requirement.
Screenshot_20211221-134650.png

Nanu/Nanu

Reaction score
Disregard I finally found the announcement on their home page. Sorry for the confusion if I caused any.