WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Killed by lapd last week at Burlington coat. Here we gooooo

riverroyal

Reaction score
Body cam is out. This won’t end well. Looks like 2 dead and there’s no firearm?
I was in LA last week when this was happening. Early indications were there was a gun.
Lapd shot suspect and by stander.
Stay tuned….

• Wow
Reactions: DWC

King295

Well-Known Inmate #20225
Reaction score
Looked up the video (engaged at 29:15 but plenty worthwhile before hand), the perp is beating a lady with a thick bike cable lock with her bleeding all over the place. Cops engage and drop him quick.

Can't imagine anyone can spin that into excessive force but then again if you asked me if 85% of the BS going on nowadays would be true I would have bet against it so let's see what the news can come up with.

Stay vigilant folks and support those that are out there everyday having to make tough decisions while protecting and serving.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
The first reports I read that day said that no gun was found. He was beating a woman badly.

Tragic outcome for the family and their daughter. You taxpayers will pay both financially and in public safety as the LEO's use of deadly force will be further hamstrung by the politicians.

boatpi

Reaction score
Police only shot people that had a firearm, there be an off a lot of dead civilians. everywhere.

Last edited:

Xring01

Reaction score
But I think an innocent female teenager, was killed in a dressing room. All indications is that its an errant bullet from LEO.

Thats the part thats gonna sting.

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
But I think an innocent female teenager, was killed in a dressing room. All indications is that its an errant bullet from LEO.

Thats the part thats gonna sting.

BUT!!, what is it going to take for (?) to get so sick and tired of Crime that they give the LE A Free Hand to just "DO IT"? Over the Weekend a Child was killed while riding in their car, not in a High Crime area, just a Freeway. We couldn't be Lucky enough for One or All of the "Squad" would get Shot between the Eyes., But Oh No, they have Extra above and Beyond Personal Security we all pay for while they go around Talking Shit about Defunding Police.

This Trash will continue until The Average American decides "Enough Is Enough" and will not stand for The "Defund" Liberal "DA's" and Judges, and Hopefull Crime does Affect the POS Politicians who Live, in Every Way, A Good Safe Life at Our Expense.

This could have been your Wife, Girlfriend, Sister, Daughter. Driving innocently towards home for Christmas Eve, and now planning a Funeral for 2022.

All the way back to "Rodney King" a Worthless Scum who had a Rap Sheet a Mile Long and after his Huge "Payout" went right back to his Life in the Gutter.

The "Video" is the Problem, as often begin After the Point.:confused:

Xring01

Reaction score
BUT!!, what is it going to take for (?) to get so sick and tired of Crime that they give the LE A Free Hand to just "DO IT"? Over the Weekend a Child was killed while riding in their car, not in a High Crime area, just a Freeway. We couldn't be Lucky enough for One or All of the "Squad" would get Shot between the Eyes., But Oh No, they have Extra above and Beyond Personal Security we all pay for while they go around Talking Shit about Defunding Police.

This Trash will continue until The Average American decides "Enough Is Enough" and will not stand for The "Defund" Liberal "DA's" and Judges, and Hopefull Crime does Affect the POS Politicians who Live, in Every Way, A Good Safe Life at Our Expense.

This could have been your Wife, Girlfriend, Sister, Daughter. Driving innocently towards home for Christmas Eve, and now planning a Funeral for 2022.

All the way back to "Rodney King" a Worthless Scum who had a Rap Sheet a Mile Long and after his Huge "Payout" went right back to his Life in the Gutter.

The "Video" is the Problem, as often begin After the Point.:confused:
There is a key reason why I said its gonna sting.

What if it was your daughter/wife/girlfriend/mom or grandmother in the dressing room that got killed by the stray bullet from LEO…

Its sticky…. The innocent teen ager was most likely hiding in that dressing room from some of the info published. I am not say that is a fact.

The cop did exactly what he was trained to do. He witnessed a bad guy using deadly force against a victim and he used the appropriate amount of force to cease that threat. He most likely saved the victims life.

However there is another shot that took out an innocent person. Thats the key reason why I said its gonna sting.

LEO are trained to pay attention to the “backdrop” before using deadly force. They are trained they are accountable for every bullet fired.

Stings like a mutherfucker. I feel sorry for the LEO who pulled that trigger, but his/her life will be hell for awhile before this is over.

BTW… I am huge fan of the death penalty. I also believe that prison is not a place rehabilitate criminals. Its a place to make there fucking life so miserable that they make life decisions to never wind back up in that place. But thats my opinion.

Last edited:

DLC

Reaction score
Wow that crazy!

that falls back on KNOW YOUR TARGET AND WHAT BEYOND !!!

sad for the 14 year old girl! May she RIP! Waste if a life…..

HBCraig

Reaction score
Poor girl was trying on a dress. Damn

Glad the perp is finished.

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
Wow that crazy!

that falls back on KNOW YOUR TARGET AND WHAT BEYOND !!!

sad for the 14 year old girl! May she RIP! Waste if a life…..
I doubt the cop "saw" the teenager in the line of fire to the perp, but bullets have a nasty habit of going through soft backstop materials, be it a door to a dressing room or another person hiding within. I think, if the cop had no idea the teenager was there they should get some sort of pass on that. It would be a whole different story if the teen was standing in plain sight in the line of fire.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Surely there was a time when patrons of a business would have stepped in before the police were called. I think this is more of a societal issue, than merely a police issue. Yes, there was a crazed lunatic with a "weapon", but bystanders did nothing but call police? There is no chivalry, there is no courage. There are far too many people who worry only for themselves, and depend on others when things are bad. These same masses then blame the outcome on the very same police that they called for help.

Looking Glass

Reaction score
There is a key reason why I said its gonna sting.

What if it was your daughter/wife/girlfriend/mom or grandmother in the dressing room that got killed by the stray bullet from LEO…

Its sticky…. The innocent teen ager was most likely hiding in that dressing room from some of the info published. I am not say that is a fact.

The cop did exactly what he was trained to do. He witnessed a bad guy using deadly force against a victim and he used the appropriate amount of force to cease that threat. He most likely saved the victims life.

However there is another shot that took out an innocent person. Thats the key reason why I said its gonna sting.

LEO are trained to pay attention to the “backdrop” before using deadly force. They are trained they are accountable for every bullet fired.

Stings like a mutherfucker. I feel sorry for the LEO who pulled that trigger, but his/her life will be hell for awhile before this is over.

BTW… I am huge fan of the death penalty. I also believe that prison is not a place rehabilitate criminals. Its a place to make there fucking life so miserable that they make life decisions to never wind back up in that place. But thats my opinion.

The "One Thing" at the Center of all of this Unnecessary Politically Correct Foolishness = Crime, and the Lack of Accountability. It is unbelievable that these Bold Criminals, get out without Bail and I do understand the Seriousness of "DUI", but WTF, that is the Ultimate Crime anymore, and the Consequences are So Brutal in so many ways. Mandatory Jail Time for a DUI, and Walk with No Bail for Armed Robbery.o_O

Xring01

Reaction score
The "One Thing" at the Center of all of this Unnecessary Politically Correct Foolishness = Crime, and the Lack of Accountability. It is unbelievable that these Bold Criminals, get out without Bail and I do understand the Seriousness of "DUI", but WTF, that is the Ultimate Crime anymore, and the Consequences are So Brutal in so many ways. Mandatory Jail Time for a DUI, and Walk with No Bail for Armed Robbery.o_O
If its worth the financial/freedom risk to be a criminal, then crime will rise.
The moment we make it not worth that risk, then crime will fall.

The stupid fucking voters of Ca, allow this shit to happen. Thats a key reason that I stated one of my threads “Fuck Kommiefornia”, that I am leaving this fucked up state.

Xring01

Reaction score
I doubt the cop "saw" the teenager in the line of fire to the perp, but bullets have a nasty habit of going through soft backstop materials, be it a door to a dressing room or another person hiding within. I think, if the cop had no idea the teenager was there they should get some sort of pass on that. It would be a whole different story if the teen was standing in plain sight in the line of fire.
If Ca was a Red State, I believe your analysis is on point.
But its a Blue state, that happens to hate cops at the moment.

DLC

Reaction score
Well that’s the ENTIRE IDEA OF KNOW WHATS BEYOND YOUR INTENDED TARGET !!

walking in the Diamond on the video they said he is on the Right by the dressing rooms…. A little tunnel vision.

I am pro cop and glad the crazy guy is wasted !! But sacrificing an UNKNOWN 14 year old girl, that can / will destroy families

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score

walking in the Diamond on the video they said he is on the Right by the dressing rooms…. A little tunnel vision.

I am pro cop and glad the crazy guy is wasted !! But sacrificing an UNKNOWN 14 year old girl, that can / will destroy families

So what you're saying is, unless you can get the perp to pose in front of a concrete block wall, and the cop isnt packing anything larger than a pellet rifle, then they should not be allowed to take the shot?

Looking Glass

Reaction score

You have to think, what down deep Our Children are thinking? Parents talk about Law and Order, Rules Right and Wrong. BUT!! They see all of this "No Explanation"

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
The use of force on this POS looked appropriate. What were his priors? Had he been recently released? Among the apparent weapons carried by the LEOs were a rifle and a shotgun. Are LEOs still allowed to use shotguns with 00 buckshot? Too much Monday QB'g by me. We all mourn the loss of this innocent 14 yr old girl.

DLC

Reaction score
So what you're saying is, unless you can get the perp to pose in front of a concrete block wall, and the cop isnt packing anything larger than a pellet rifle, then they should not be allowed to take the shot?
What I’m saying is if that was your 14 year old girl you wouldn’t give a flying F about the bike lock guy….. my opinion is it happened to fast

and what I’m getting from you is -
shoot the crazy F stick, bike lock bitch guy, Doesn’t matter if there is any innocent lives lost as long as the crazy dude is down !

really

In your view, I guess that is a txt book take down! Couldn’t see anything but the perp & he looked like he had a purple long gun!

they had 8 cops - 1 non leather shotgun, 2 ar 15’s, 8 hand guns, tazors etc and they kept saying to slow down while walking in the Diamond Toward the perp

AR 15 cop rounded the corner and immediately shot ( I wanna say 3 times ) I only watched it once.

i am glad the guy got taken out but also sad a 14 year old girl gets killed trying on a dress for Christmas….

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear the teen died. But you cant blame the cop, trigger happy or not, for what they cannot see (tunnel vision or not). Teen is plain and obvious, I would agree with you. But you cant put cops in the position that if they cant 1000% guarantee no collateral damage they cannot use their tools to stop crime and criminals in the act.

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Ohhhhhhhhhhh..... fuck. Just watched the video. Initial victim in the isle, the bad guy at the end of the isle. From the first reporting it sounded like the suspect was actively engaged in hitting her.

I'll hold comment at this point in case there is something I'm missing.

Deadly force situation, YES. More than one way to handle that, YES.

riverroyal

Reaction score
It’s LA which is on the edge riots daily.
Depending on the media and the hype they generate will depend on the unrest.

I don’t know the dead girls race, unfortunately it will play a part in this.

I was in LA not far when it happened. Then tonight I was surfing channels and saw the story again. I thought it was over, quiet. Nope

Reactions: DLC

LAPII

Reaction score
How did we go from 1883 style policing to now, Im being facetious of course, but we would have much less of this.

Reactions: t&y

LAPII

Reaction score
Heavy Latino community now...FYI.

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
It’s LA which is on the edge riots daily.
Depending on the media and the hype they generate will depend on the unrest.

I don’t know the dead girls race, unfortunately it will play a part in this.

I was in LA not far when it happened. Then tonight I was surfing channels and saw the story again. I thought it was over, quiet. Nope

Hispanic from the heavy Latino pronunciation of the victim's name they just went through on the news. I typically dont hear them do that for other races.

Xring01

Reaction score
Ohhhhhhhhhhh..... fuck. Just watched the video. Initial victim in the isle, the bad guy at the end of the isle. From the first reporting it sounded like the suspect was actively engaged in hitting her.

I'll hold comment at this point in case there is something I'm missing.

Deadly force situation, YES. More than one way to handle that, YES.
I just now saw the entire video.
From what I saw, the bad guy was at least 6 ft away from the victim on the ground, and about 8ft from the LEOs.

So the LEO are gonna have to a very good testimony of why they felt the life of the victim or their life was in danger.

The fact that only one of 5 officers fired shots, then the other officers obviously didnt see a reason to use deadly force.

Things are looking pretty bad for the LEO who pulled the trigger, in my opinion.

The low life piece of shit bad guy got exactly what he deserved, but at a minimum this LEO’s career is over and I hope the LEO Union backs him to the best of their ability. They will have one hell of court room battle going forward.

riverroyal

Reaction score
Glad im on vacation and not in downtown for a few weeks 🔥
You just never know. A week of rain might be amazing timing.
Nobody goes wild in the rain around here. Gotta be perfect socal weather.

DLC

Reaction score
It’s to cold and rainy for looting and burning down buildings….

have to wait for the spring to do all that!

Reactions: DWC

CALEXODUS

Reaction score
Tough situation overall…they responded with long guns partly due to shoots fired 911 call..
However this keeps happening.
Last year they took out the Trader Joe’s employee and missed the perp.

Tough on the family of the girl, tough on the cop that has to live with it….

riverroyal

Reaction score
No joke. There no open space under the bridges right now. Seriuosly
Its out on the asphalt.

Like right here, a 9 iron away

Reactions: DLC

Looking Glass

Reaction score
All of this is the result of Crime and will continue over and over until You, Your Family and Friends, and (?) are Sick And Tired Of Crime and Criminals. I will never Criticize any Police Officer, no matter the circumstances. They are the Ones "Out There" doing this Shit, Experiencing this "Shit" Living this "Shit" then if lucky to go some at Night see and hear nothing but Cop Bashing. I don't care how much training you have, but when people are screaming at you from all directions and there is No Idea who is the Good Guy or the Bad Guys shots being fired people crying Sirens Blaring. Shit Happens Innocent People get Hrt and Killed, Because of Crime and Criminals and will Again and Again until LE has our Support and this Broken Legal System is Reformed from the Bottom all the way Up to the Supreme Court. This Country and Our Society are in Deep Trouble. Who do You and Your Family Call when it all goes to Shit? Who did Step Up and Accept this Dirty Thankless Job? This Liberal Trash is coming to a head and little things like Avoiding "Jury Duty" and then Bitching how some POS got off, accept your Duty, don't go along with other jurors who are "Bleeding Heart" Liberals and Sucking off Us. "The Media" Loves to show things that Go Bad, then overlooks the thousands of beyond the call of service every day, for all of Us.

thetub

Reaction score
guarantee this nutjob has an extensive rap sheet and should have been in prison in the first place....

bet he was recently arrested just to be lo go in 5 minutes...

thank DA Gascon and all the liberal policies in place like AB109 and others...

That Guy

Rack em'
Reaction score
I hae a question for law enforcement.....why wouldn't a method of less lethal force be used? If suspect has no gun, wouldn't a tazer, bean bag, etc avoid the collateral damage. Not second guessing here....100% pro police. Again, I realize they are making split second, often life/death decisions but I was just wondering what the cops on this board saw. Thx...

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
Surely there was a time when patrons of a business would have stepped in before the police were called. I think this is more of a societal issue, than merely a police issue. Yes, there was a crazed lunatic with a "weapon", but bystanders did nothing but call police? There is no chivalry, there is no courage. There are far too many people who worry only for themselves, and depend on others when things are bad. These same masses then blame the outcome on the very same police that they called for help.
Well said.

havasujeeper

Reaction score
If I understand correctly, these cops were using their active shooter training. Remember, first reports all stated there was a man shooting inside a store. The video and their following the blood trails also confirms this. They went in to take out the bad guy, and they did. Only armchair quarterbacks see that is 3/8" drywall leading to the dressing rooms. I feel really sorry for that little girl, but I also feel sorry for that young cop, who thought he was doing the right thing, but it will certainly be a career killer. The situation was a certainly a lose/lose roll of the dice.

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
I smell drugs here . . . I'll take a stab at the monday morning QB job . . . . this dude was spun-out on some f'ed-up cheap-ass dirty synthetic drug . . . who the F takes a bike into a store then starts beating women on the head with a bike lock??? . . . Drugs . . . that portion of the video of him at the top of the escalator, you can tell just by the way he's acting, he's loop'd-out on something . . . . and look at the way he's dressed, like something from the muppets.
This wasn't some bitter employee . . . or a dude pissed off at his wife . . . . this guy was 'meth'd up'. That's the root of the problem here, these f'ed-up drugs, and drug users.
I see it here in HB more and more every day, . . .anytime I go into a liquor store, I scan the area outside first and keep my head on a swivel . . . hop in my truck after and immediately lock my doors.

The news media won't release any toxicology report on the dirtbag because they can't sensationalize that . . . but they can get a shit ton of mileage for 'talking points' like 'Use of Force', 'Tragedy', 'Innocent Victim', 'Officer Involved Shooting' 'internal Investigation' , and the stupid general public just goes along with it.

Meanwhile . . . 1 scumbag dead = good . . . . but at the cost of a young girls life, not to mention everything the officer is going through and will have to go through, his wife, kids etc. etc. . . . . . all because of what was probably some worthless loaded junkie.

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
The shots fired 911 call definitely had cops thinking gun.

The officer with the rifle came in hot and squeezed off a few before the perp could get the draw on him thinking dude had a gun. Perp did have a black object in his right hand.

Officer rolled the dice and came up craps.

I hate to second guess him because I don’t do Monday morning quarterback. Walk in his shoes and see if you shoot or not. I choose to give the benefit of the doubt. It was a mistake and the cop knows it. Shot happens.

Maybe next time dude shouldn’t stand off with the cops. Shit gets tense when someone mentions gun.

Tough deal all around.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
LAPD overview with videos

From the above article:

The attorney for Orellana-Peralta's mother says that they want the department to release all the video from the scene and for the officer to be held accountable.

"There was no weapon, there was no active shooter, and so that may be multiple problems, whether it be a system failure, whether it be somebody who just shouldn't have even been on the job," said Rahul Ravipudi.

The Los Angeles Police Department has released body camera footage of a shooting that killed a 14-year-old girl at a Burlington store in North Hollywood.

Meanwhile, a coalition of civil rights groups are calling on L.A. County District Attorney George Gascón to charge the officer.

"Gascón has made a big promise, he's gonna look at police misconduct, but especially the overuse of deadly force by the LAPD. This is a test for George Gascón, the first real test," said Earl Ofari Hutchinson, president of the Los Angeles Urban Policy Roundtable.

riverroyal

Reaction score
I smell drugs here . . . I'll take a stab at the monday morning QB job . . . . this dude was spun-out on some f'ed-up cheap-ass dirty synthetic drug . . . who the F takes a bike into a store then starts beating women on the head with a bike lock??? . . . Drugs . . . that portion of the video of him at the top of the escalator, you can tell just by the way he's acting, he's loop'd-out on something . . . . and look at the way he's dressed, like something from the muppets.
This wasn't some bitter employee . . . or a dude pissed off at his wife . . . . this guy was 'meth'd up'. That's the root of the problem here, these f'ed-up drugs, and drug users.
I see it here in HB more and more every day, . . .anytime I go into a liquor store, I scan the area outside first and keep my head on a swivel . . . hop in my truck after and immediately lock my doors.

The news media won't release any toxicology report on the dirtbag because they can't sensationalize that . . . but they can get a shit ton of mileage for 'talking points' like 'Use of Force', 'Tragedy', 'Innocent Victim', 'Officer Involved Shooting' 'internal Investigation' , and the stupid general public just goes along with it.

Meanwhile . . . 1 scumbag dead = good . . . . but at the cost of a young girls life, not to mention everything the officer is going through and will have to go through, his wife, kids etc. etc. . . . . . all because of what was probably some worthless loaded junkie.
Im in downtown LA, not far from this building. 75% chance mental illness, with some drugs mixed in. I see people with needles everyday, they don't hide it. The drug problem is huge, mental illness is worse.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
The first person to call 911, apparently a store manager(?), did a very good job talking with 911 operator. Appeared this lady's immediate concern was the safety of her customers and her crew, as it should be. The information she gave was concise and clear all during this tragic event.

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
I hae a question for law enforcement.....why wouldn't a method of less lethal force be used? If suspect has no gun, wouldn't a tazer, bean bag, etc avoid the collateral damage. Not second guessing here....100% pro police. Again, I realize they are making split second, often life/death decisions but I was just wondering what the cops on this board saw. Thx...
LAPD did a great job responded to this and making their approach. They had a team, less lethal on board (40mm for sure and more than likely at least one taser), and followed the standardized protocol for an active on going incident like this. What I saw, was upon seeing the blood on the floor and the victim laying there, the lead officer kicked it into overdrive and rushed in.

The officer taking the shots with the rifle was 100% justified in facing deadly force with deadly force. Unfortunately, in today's world, that is not enough. The end result is any officers worst nightmare. In the military it's called collateral damage, in the police force it's called mission failure. There is no way he could have known there were innocents in his backdrop at the time of the shooting. The Cop Haters, Media, and the LA DA do not care about the reality of dealing with the situations and making split second decisions.

In a perfect world the guy on the rifle would have paused and assessed just a bit longer. I AM NOT SAYING WHAT I SAW WAS ILLEGAL OR OUT OF ANY POLICY I'M AWARE OF. But in today's environment, we have to be 100% correct all the time, or departments gets sued for Millions all while the Idiots in the Media and Local Government support "Civil Unrest" aka Riots and Looting.

There is a chance that had the officer not taken those shots when he did, the asshole suspect could have taken the girl and her mom as hostage in the dressing room. There is also a chance he would have given up and that is what will be focused on. It's hard to tell exactly where he was moving to in the video. And that is with the ability to sit in a nice armed chair with coffee and time, not living it as it happens.

The innocent Victims family will be millionaires. Unfortunately, so will the family of that suspect.

I feel for the Officer that took those shots and hope LAPD and his peers take care of him.