WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Killed by lapd last week at Burlington coat. Here we gooooo

That Guy

Rack em'
Reaction score
LAPD did a great job responded to this and making their approach. They had a team, less lethal on board (40mm for sure and more than likely at least one taser), and followed the standardized protocol for an active on going incident like this. What I saw, was upon seeing the blood on the floor and the victim laying there, the lead officer kicked it into overdrive and rushed in.

The officer taking the shots with the rifle was 100% justified in facing deadly force with deadly force. Unfortunately, in today's world, that is not enough. The end result is any officers worst nightmare. In the military it's called collateral damage, in the police force it's called mission failure. There is no way he could have known there were innocents in his backdrop at the time of the shooting. The Cop Haters, Media, and the LA DA do not care about the reality of dealing with the situations and making split second decisions.

In a perfect world the guy on the rifle would have paused and assessed just a bit longer. I AM NOT SAYING WHAT I SAW WAS ILLEGAL OR OUT OF ANY POLICY I'M AWARE OF. But in today's environment, we have to be 100% correct all the time, or departments gets sued for Millions all while the Idiots in the Media and Local Government support "Civil Unrest" aka Riots and Looting.

There is a chance that had the officer not taken those shots when he did, the asshole suspect could have taken the girl and her mom as hostage in the dressing room. There is also a chance he would have given up and that is what will be focused on. It's hard to tell exactly where he was moving to in the video. And that is with the ability to sit in a nice armed chair with coffee and time, not living it as it happens.

The innocent Victims family will be millionaires. Unfortunately, so will the family of that suspect.

I feel for the Officer that took those shots and hope LAPD and his peers take care of him.

Thank you for the insight.

Reactions: DLC

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
Surely there was a time when patrons of a business would have stepped in before the police were called. I think this is more of a societal issue, than merely a police issue. Yes, there was a crazed lunatic with a "weapon", but bystanders did nothing but call police? There is no chivalry, there is no courage. There are far too many people who worry only for themselves, and depend on others when things are bad. These same masses then blame the outcome on the very same police that they called for help.

BLESS YOU!!, just think if there were a Couple of Males (Not Sure MEN) who would have jumped in and with that same Bike Lock he was Beating a Woman, transform him into Minced Meat and it would have taken a Team Hours to clean the Mess up. Problem solved on so many levels. This Loser would, if still alive understand that there are "Consequences", The Young Girl would be alive and our Overwhelmed Court System, spared another POS that would be turned loose to Repeat the Crime. I believe we are at the Point of Vigilante Justice and Not Relying on Prosecutors and Judges to do The Correct Thing.

HBCraig

Reaction score
LAPD did a great job responded to this and making their approach. They had a team, less lethal on board (40mm for sure and more than likely at least one taser), and followed the standardized protocol for an active on going incident like this. What I saw, was upon seeing the blood on the floor and the victim laying there, the lead officer kicked it into overdrive and rushed in.

The officer taking the shots with the rifle was 100% justified in facing deadly force with deadly force. Unfortunately, in today's world, that is not enough. The end result is any officers worst nightmare. In the military it's called collateral damage, in the police force it's called mission failure. There is no way he could have known there were innocents in his backdrop at the time of the shooting. The Cop Haters, Media, and the LA DA do not care about the reality of dealing with the situations and making split second decisions.

In a perfect world the guy on the rifle would have paused and assessed just a bit longer. I AM NOT SAYING WHAT I SAW WAS ILLEGAL OR OUT OF ANY POLICY I'M AWARE OF. But in today's environment, we have to be 100% correct all the time, or departments gets sued for Millions all while the Idiots in the Media and Local Government support "Civil Unrest" aka Riots and Looting.

There is a chance that had the officer not taken those shots when he did, the asshole suspect could have taken the girl and her mom as hostage in the dressing room. There is also a chance he would have given up and that is what will be focused on. It's hard to tell exactly where he was moving to in the video. And that is with the ability to sit in a nice armed chair with coffee and time, not living it as it happens.

The innocent Victims family will be millionaires. Unfortunately, so will the family of that suspect.

I feel for the Officer that took those shots and hope LAPD and his peers take care of him.
I hope to God the perp's family doesn't get a dime. In a perfect world they should be ordered to pay for the victims loss of life.

Last edited:

MPHSystems

Hallett 240
Reaction score
ACOG on an A2 upper? Whisky tango foxtrot over.

Also, nobody dead was black; Move along now people, nothing to see here.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
BLESS YOU!!, just think if there were a Couple of Males (Not Sure MEN) who would have jumped in and with that same Bike Lock he was Beating a Woman, transform him into Minced Meat and it would have taken a Team Hours to clean the Mess up. Problem solved on so many levels. This Loser would, if still alive understand that there are "Consequences", The Young Girl would be alive and our Overwhelmed Court System, spared another POS that would be turned loose to Repeat the Crime. I believe we are at the Point of Vigilante Justice and Not Relying on Prosecutors and Judges to do The Correct Thing.
I think this is what bothers me most. A LEO'S life is in turmoil, a young girl is dead and a lady was beaten badly by one deranged individual. He did not have a gun, he didn't have a knife, yet no one stepped in to help. WTF is wrong with people? If you're with your kids, sure, point them to safety, and then step up. It's someone's mom, sister or daughter.

I have a friend, a LEO up here, he does the school district employee safety seminar at the beginning of the year. He tells them "We are called "first responders", but that is not entirely true. You are there first, and then we get called."

We, as a society, have become to timid and weak. People call police for stupid reasons, but then want them to save the world as well. Then, when things go wrong, they jump on them like a pack of dogs.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score

Ok, perp was not black, no issues then. Family will get a fat check from City of LA, perp does not waste taxpayer money in jail, nor have to released in a week.

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
I think this is what bothers me most. A LEO'S life is in turmoil, a young girl is dead and a lady was beaten badly by one deranged individual. He did not have a gun, he didn't have a knife, yet no one stepped in to help. WTF is wrong with people? If you're with your kids, sure, point them to safety, and then step up. It's someone's mom, sister or daughter.

I have a friend, a LEO up here, he does the school district employee safety seminar at the beginning of the year. He tells them "We are called "first responders", but that is not entirely true. You are there first, and then we get called."

We, as a society, have become to timid and weak. People call police for stupid reasons, but then want them to save the world as well. Then, when things go wrong, they jump on them like a pack of dogs.

"Not my problem".

IF everyone open carried, society would be a hell of a lot more polite.

Truth is the world is dangerous. We live in a country that is amazingly safe comparatively.

I would never want to be a cop in this day and age, but thank you for all of you that are, thankless position that society has put you in is a no win situation.

I of course feel terrible that a young woman lost her life in an accident.

However, look at the world at large, no one makes money off it when THOUSANDS of people perish to an "oops". Abusing the system of justice should be a crime also.

BDOUCET

Reaction score
I am pro law enforcement and glad the perp is gone. I will say that I think the cop used the wrong gun for the situation. The std issue 9mm with around a third of the energy and speed of the AR would have more than sufficient to get the job done. This is a textbook case of why you don't use a high powered round in a area where bystanders could be present.

bilz

Newly Retired!😁
Reaction score
A 9 would probably still killed the little girl, also there would have been more than 3 shots fired.

Ballyhoo

Reaction score

Good catch there. We were talking about this at work yesterday. That offset and POA vs POI is crazy. That likely figured into any misses from that distance.

Ballyhoo

Reaction score
I am pro law enforcement and glad the perp is gone. I will say that I think the cop used the wrong gun for the situation. The std issue 9mm with around a third of the energy and speed of the AR would have more than sufficient to get the job done. This is a textbook case of why you don't use a high powered round in a area where bystanders could be present.
Except for the fact that the training for an active shooter, which is likely what they thought they had, would call for at least one rifle. You don't bring a pistol to a gunfight unless that is all you have.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Except for the fact that the training for an active shooter, which is likely what they thought they had, would call for at least one rifle. You don't bring a pistol to a gunfight unless that is all you have.

This ^^^

The call came in as an active shooter. I’m not taking a pistol to an active shooter call. I’m certainly not switching guns in the presence of the perp either not knowing if he’s armed or not and we have eyes on one another.

It’s amazing how many times these stories get spun to blame the officer. None of this happens without the perp creating it.

j21black

Reaction score
The use of force on this POS looked appropriate. What were his priors? Had he been recently released? Among the apparent weapons carried by the LEOs were a rifle and a shotgun. Are LEOs still allowed to use shotguns with 00 buckshot? Too much Monday QB'g by me. We all mourn the loss of this innocent 14 yr old girl.

I haven't watched the video, but if dude was beating girl with a rope lock he deserved what he got.

But I do get sick of the what where his priors? His priors will tell us he was a POS for sure, but do not necessarily mean anything in relation to that specific event.

PS - I'm all for the guy that got shot sleeping with the fishes. Priors or no priors.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
I haven't watched the video, but if dude was beating girl with a rope lock he deserved what he got.

But I do get sick of the what where his priors? His priors will tell us he was a POS for sure, but do not necessarily mean anything in relation to that specific event.

PS - I'm all for the guy that got shot sleeping with the fishes. Priors or no priors.

Priors meaning should he have been locked up rather than walking the streets and being able to do what he did.

DaveH

Reaction score
Surely there was a time when patrons of a business would have stepped in before the police were called. I think this is more of a societal issue, than merely a police issue. Yes, there was a crazed lunatic with a "weapon", but bystanders did nothing but call police? There is no chivalry, there is no courage. There are far too many people who worry only for themselves, and depend on others when things are bad. These same masses then blame the outcome on the very same police that they called for help.
you're joking right?

Ask Rittenhouse if he would "get involved" again after what he just went through.

sure we have "good samaritan laws" but or legal system is so wacked now........i would never risk my life, freedom or anything else for a "chivalrous act".

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I honestly can not fathom how any stand up LEO in a Lib city can continue on their career course.
They can’t win.
This was a total accident caused by the tweaker that created the entire situation that LE responded to.
Seriously, how can one keep being a cop in o e of these cities where you are tue villain in almost every situation?

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
you're joking right?

Ask Rittenhouse if he would "get involved" again after what he just went through.

sure we have "good samaritan laws" but or legal system is so wacked now........i would never risk my life, freedom or anything else for a "chivalrous act".
Some would, and some wouldn't. To me, no different than helping someone in a car wreck. A person in need of help, a life in danger of being lost. Some would just be happy to get away, others, not as much.
I haven't been sued, locked up or killed yet. Never questioned if there was more I could have done.

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Well, I hate to say it, but IMHO you are wrong. Penetration tests on the rounds we use indicate the .223 penetrates close to the same as our 9mm hollow points through drywall. Crazy, but true. First time i got into the back story of it I figured the difference would be far greater. If you are talking ball ammo that is a whole different story. On another note, that rifle is far more accurate than a pistol and in a critical incident I'd rather see rifle use than pistol. Just my .02c's

Last edited:

Ballyhoo

Reaction score
Well, I hate to say it, but IMHO you are wrong. Penetration tests on the rounds we use indicate the .223 penetrates close to the same as our 9mm hollow points through drywall. Crazy, but true. First time i got into the back story of it I figured the difference would be far greater. If you are talking ball ammo that is a whole different story. On another note, that rifle is far more accurate than a pistol and in a critical incident I'd rather see rifle use than pistol. Just my .02c's
You are 100% correct

brgrcru

Reaction score
If anyone is to blame
This is my list starting with the first scum bags
The voters
Nescum
Garcetti
Gascon
The entire la city council
Sue the fuck out of them
And hopefully all those scum bag democrat voters , will feel the pain, that the girls family feels.
Those in charge and there voters have created this chaos . That’s what we’re living in .
Total chaos.
Fuck it let it get worse .

MPHSystems

Hallett 240
Reaction score
Good catch there. We were talking about this at work yesterday. That offset and POA vs POI is crazy. That likely figured into any misses from that distance.
You can get a cheekpiece that fits an A2 stock that gets you closer… It’s a real treat to shoot …. Not

I love my A2 HBAR but I would never consider putting an optic on it. It has a 3MOA truglow front site post and that’s great out to 300-400M…. And that’s what it is.

MPHSystems

Hallett 240
Reaction score
6 layers of 5/8” wallboard vs 9MM ball ammo.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
… That Burlington store where that little girl lost her life was just a quarter of a mile down Laurel Canyon Bl from where the big police shootout was years ago at the Bank of America with those full body armor weirdos… used to be the Sears Roebuck that every Friday night when I was a kid…my family would go for a little shopping …it’s also right around the corner from the Wells Fargo bank that I use… I think I will try another branch for a while…

Last edited:

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score
Do we know approximately how much longer it would've been for the social worker to arrive and de-escalate the situation?

LeBron was on his way there until he realized two things.

#1. Nobody involved was black.

#2. He's better at telling people they did something wrong vs. doing something right himself.

BDOUCET

Reaction score

Police do not carry ball ammo.
This ^^^

The call came in as an active shooter. I’m not taking a pistol to an active shooter call. I’m certainly not switching guns in the presence of the perp either not knowing if he’s armed or not and we have eyes on one another.

It’s amazing how many times these stories get spun to blame the officer. None of this happens without the perp creating it.
Not blaming the officer at all. He did what he thought was best, but unfortunately he will likely pay a heavy price because of the gun used.

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score

Look how nice and clean that 9mm hole is in those six pieces of drywall. cleaner than me using my roto zip.

Next time I need a hole in sheet rock I will use the nine.

Thanks for the tip 😏👍

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
Let’s get real for a second. The one big thing that gets lost in all these police shootings is there is plenty of blame to go around. Usually a series of missteps occurs leading to the shooting. If one of those many things had not occurred the shooting may have been avoided.

I know some people have a hard time blaming the victim but often times the victim is partially responsible for what has transpired (in this case the perp (dude) being the victim and the girl being an innocent bystander)

Bottom line is this situation, like others, the victim (perp) is partially culpable in what had transpired. Had the perp not done what he did none of this would have happened.

Even if the cop is at fault he is only partially at fault. None of this would have happened in the first place if the perp did not set things in motion first.

Taboma

Reaction score
Let’s get real for a second. The one big thing that gets lost in all these police shootings is there is plenty of blame to go around. Usually a series of missteps occurs leading to the shooting. If one of those many things had not occurred the shooting may have been avoided.

I know some people have a hard time blaming the victim but often times the victim is partially responsible for what has transpired (in this case the perp (dude) being the victim and the girl being an innocent bystander)

Bottom line is this situation, like others, the victim (perp) is partially culpable in what had transpired. Had the perp not done what he did none of this would have happened.

Even if the cop is at fault he is only partially at fault. None of this would have happened in the first place if the perp did not set things in motion first.

Seems invariably before the media is finished trying the case, the perp is now the victim of social or parental ills, and was slaughtered by the flagrant abuse of infective training and abuse of power. It's everybody else's fault, not his because the system failed him.
If he's a person of color, then it's systematic racism and well, need I write more ?

I read with festering anger an article in yesterday's paper about extremism in the military. How the military bias problem still exists and extremism is increasing within the ranks. So the military in all it's ultimate wisdom orders a one day stand down. I recall from my Army days, we were FORCED to attend racial bias classes and how angry it made me, because of how fucking blind the leaders were to what was really transpiring on the field level.
I wasn't racist at all when I was drafted, but I sure was by the time I was discharged. Not from what I learned in these ridiculously irritating classes, but from real life day to day exposure to the attitudes of those being regarded as "Special".

Sorry, reading that article gave me a few Deja-Vu flashbacks. 😈

boatpi

Reaction score
Now the madia has published the officers name, I get that. But his photo? How much more screwed can he be for years to come, some psyco will be gunning for him now.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Well this is going to make it harder for the media

So, the guy that fired the shot that killed a young Hispanic girl wasn't only black, he was also a BLM guy? Well now, where were the white cops directing fire from? Obviously this is an agenda driven shooting by the Far Right:rolleyes:

Did they ever release the fuktard's name that caused all this? Was he one of Gavin's early released, or Gascon's never jailed?

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score

Hahaha That’s amazing. The media will just bury this story and move on to the next one they can sensationalize. The media has become as bad as the pharmaceutical industry or Wall Street. They’re fucking thieves when you think about it.

MPHSystems

Hallett 240
Reaction score

In this case the perp is legally at fault for the death. If you rob a liquor store and your partner gets killed in the process, you are guilty of murder.

Girl is still dead a week later and all the news cares about is making sure the BLM cop takes no blame.

Mikes56

Reaction score
I am not there to play games with you. I am not a Boy Scout.

If you have your fists, I’m bringing my baton and taser. If you have a knife or any other deadly weapon, I’m bringing my gun. If you have a gun, I’m bring a larger gun and more LEO’s.

I cannot and will not lose, because if I lose, who else is going to stop you?

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I am not there to play games with you. I am not a Boy Scout.

If you have your fists, I’m bringing my baton and taser. If you have a knife or any other deadly weapon, I’m bringing my gun. If you have a gun, I’m bring a larger gun and more LEO’s.

I cannot and will not lose, because if I lose, who else is going to stop you?
As it should be. Anything can be said or thought, but the fact of the matter is any officer, anybody really, wants to come home at the end of their shift. This case may have been an errant bullet from the officer, but many other times it's a gang dork, and nothing is said.

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
In this case the perp is legally at fault for the death. If you rob a liquor store and your partner gets killed in the process, you are guilty of murder.

Girl is still dead a week later and all the news cares about is making sure the BLM cop takes no blame.
Exactly.

But all we here on the news was that he wasn't doing nufin, minding his own business and those bad, racist cops shot him for no reason. His momma said his was a good boy and went to church every Sunday.🙄

This nonsense is nauseating

Last edited:

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

Oh Boy. So now what???

It shouldn't be funny, but it kinna is...

😝