WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Talk to me about Southern Utah....Area specific recommendations to look at.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
nh1.jpg
nh2.jpg
nh3.jpg
nh4.jpg
nh5.jpg
nh6.jpg
nh7.jpg
nh8.jpg
nh7.jpg
nh9.jpg
nh10.jpg
nh11.jpg
nh12.jpg
nh13.jpg

House update...

As of yesterday we now have windows ,electrical,plumbing and hvac completed.

Should be starting on outside stucco as qwell as interior drywall and insulation as soon as the inspection is completed.

Super is saying he hopes to finish first part of april....Not sure if thats going to happen but atleast things are happening.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
View attachment 1081445 View attachment 1081446 View attachment 1081447 View attachment 1081448 View attachment 1081449 View attachment 1081450 View attachment 1081451 View attachment 1081452 View attachment 1081451 View attachment 1081453 View attachment 1081454 View attachment 1081455 View attachment 1081456 View attachment 1081457

House update...

Should be starting on outside stucco as qwell as interior drywall and insulation as soon as the inspection is completed.

Super is saying he hopes to finish first part of april....Not sure if thats going to happen but atleast things are happening.

Looks aewsome!

Wmc

The Mayor
Reaction score
View attachment 1081445 View attachment 1081446 View attachment 1081447 View attachment 1081448 View attachment 1081449 View attachment 1081450 View attachment 1081451 View attachment 1081452 View attachment 1081451 View attachment 1081453 View attachment 1081454 View attachment 1081455 View attachment 1081456 View attachment 1081457

House update...

Have you thought about upgrading your power panel to a 400? I did it wasnt bad cost wised. House looks great

EmpirE231

Reaction score

House update...

nice! looks like you should still have some RV access on the side of the RV garage as well?

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Have you thought about upgrading your power panel to a 400? I did it wasnt bad cost wised. House looks great

I talked to them when i did the walkthrough and they are i believe capped to 200.

I did a 22 plug for my welder as well as a 50 amp rv panel and then at the ass end of the garage they ran 220 for me that i will use to install the mr cool mini split.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
is your back wall the border? I think there are some houses there that are damn close to AZ

This is off of River Rd, on the north side of the 7. We did look in that neighborhood though. Literally some people's back wall is the AZ border lol.

Wmc

The Mayor
Reaction score
I talked to them when i did the walkthrough and they are i believe capped to 200.

I did a 22 plug for my welder as well as a 50 amp rv panel and then at the ass end of the garage they ran 220 for me that i will use to install the mr cool mini split.
they try to to give me a 200. I said pool running, rv plugged in and 4 house ac running, I said I need more power

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
they try to to give me a 200. I said pool running, rv plugged in and 4 house ac running, I said I need more power
I imagine with the size of your build thats a great idea.

Everything you guys are doing looks awesome!

I can't for the life of me get a pool guy to show or call back..I have never worked this hard to spend 80+k

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I'm excited for you 4!!

Thats a nice house:)

Well we aren't locked in yet so I am not getting too excited. But if we get this one, I will be pretty happy. I'm more excited for you guys to get out of limbo :)

Wedgy

Reaction score
Nice builds Gentlemen. Nice to see quality going up. Almost Tile Time! Well done moves all! Continuing success in Utah! Beautiful country.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Are there other people intrested in it? Can you buy it now?

The agent's family has covid right now, so she didn't want to meet us for that reason. One house 3 doors down sold in a day last week, and this is the last one for sale on this street. This one was on the market for 6 days and she said she had interest but no one said they wanted it. This one was not really on our radar because there was no mention or pictures in the ad that it sits on a 14.5K foot wedge lot, and the price is the same as other versions of this floorplan with the same options on a much smaller lot. This house has almost every option they offered, but it is a spec so we can't change very much. That said we really like the floorplan, and all the finishes and colors this one is coming with. The only compromise is no RV garage, but it is quite a bit cheaper because of no RV garage, and with the size of the lot there is plenty of room to build a shop in back which will fit the bill.

So anyway because she couldn't meet us, and we said we wanted it she basically took it down from being advertised and gave us "dibs" for the week until I give them the deposit, and then it is pretty much reserved for us. The deposit totals $4K. After looking at it we have some questions to go over with her before we pull the trigger and I am working on getting preapproved for the mortgage today.

We were able to find one down the street that is the same model that was nearly finished but unlocked, so we walked through that one and got a good idea of the finished product.

Wmc

The Mayor
Reaction score

I can't for the life of me get a pool guy to show or call back..I have never worked this hard to spend 80+k
Right..... It's, take my money and thanks for doing me a favor. I just can't wait for it to be over

EmpirE231

Reaction score
For the new to Utah transplants or the OG's.... what is the word on New Harmony? there is a house out there that has had my attention for a while. from just looking at maps, it looks to be about 25-30 minutes outside (north) of Washington / St George area. Are there no schools... or? how rural is it really? and is the weather much different than Washington area?

If I move out of CA, I want MORE space, and LESS people around me. I'm sold on being out somewhere more rural, but the wife isn't on board yet. Currently where we live in the riverside area, we are in the middle of the orange groves...1 acre minimums with all new stuff being 5 acre min for the last 20years... so we feel like a nice, quiet rural community, but the 91 freeway is only 2 miles away. Downtown takes 10 minutes to get to etc. Wife likes that everything is still "close". I feel like being out in New harmony, everything is further way when you consider miles, but when you factor in Traffic, it probably isn't too much different in time spent.

Gramps

Older Member
Reaction score
New Harmony is nice.....rural.......sorta mini ranchetts. If I remember everyone has a few acres there and some sort of horse, livestock big garden. Quiet area it's closer to Cedar than it is to St. gouge.

much colder than St Gouge

Last edited:

Gramps

Older Member
Reaction score
For the new to Utah transplants or the OG's.... what is the word on New Harmony? there is a house out there that has had my attention for a while. from just looking at maps, it looks to be about 25-30 minutes outside (north) of Washington / St George area. Are there no schools... or? how rural is it really? and is the weather much different than Washington area?

If I move out of CA, I want MORE space, and LESS people around me. I'm sold on being out somewhere more rural, but the wife isn't on board yet. Currently where we live in the riverside area, we are in the middle of the orange groves...1 acre minimums with all new stuff being 5 acre min for the last 20years... so we feel like a nice, quiet rural community, but the 91 freeway is only 2 miles away. Downtown takes 10 minutes to get to etc. Wife likes that everything is still "close". I feel like being out in New harmony, everything is further way when you consider miles, but when you factor in Traffic, it probably isn't too much different in time spent.

3663 S Eagles Way, New Harmony, UT 84757 ?????​

Cole Trickle

Reaction score

Beautiful area... I don't know a ton about the city infrastructure wise.

It's probably a 30+ minute drve to st.george. Like Grams said its closer to Cedar city but i don't think by a ton.

Sounds like it would give you what you are looking for biggest difference is the elevation is closer to 5500 where as St.George is closer to 2500. You are going to get a bunch more snow up that way. (this year has been super light so far we haven't had any hit the ground in Ivins)

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
I don't understand why people move to a rural area then build houses right on top of each other as if they were still in Kommiefornia.

If your talking about my house than it's not rural at all. Some farm land but pretty much in the city.

I don't want rural. 1/2 acre lot would have been nice but for where i'm at in life and what i'm into any more would be too much.

EmpirE231

Reaction score

3663 S Eagles Way, New Harmony, UT 84757 ?????​

That's a nice place.... but this one had my attention.... especially since it's a pretty flat lot / RV friendly etc. Been on the market for a while! Beautiful home.... even w/ how nice and new it is, it is still hard to convince my wife... due to it being far away from city stuff (looks like 30+ miles) and the fact that it gets cold and some snow.

EmpirE231

Reaction score
Beautiful area... I don't know a ton about the city infrastructure wise.

It's probably a 30+ minute drve to st.george. Like Grams said its closer to Cedar city but i don't think by a ton.

Sounds like it would give you what you are looking for biggest difference is the elevation is closer to 5500 where as St.George is closer to 2500. You are going to get a bunch more snow up that way. (this year has been super light so far we haven't had any hit the ground in Ivins)
it sounds and looks like exactly what "I" want lol.... that whole snow thing does not interest the wife. We really need to go and actually drive around, look around and get a feel for things out there. Also if it's too rural, that could be a downer for the kids... we still have a 12yo and 10yo.

Gramps

Older Member
Reaction score

before you buy there check what the water pressure and flow is..........some houses have an elevation pretty close to the water tank elevation.....

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
it sounds and looks like exactly what "I" want lol.... that whole snow thing does not interest the wife. We really need to go and actually drive around, look around and get a feel for things out there. Also if it's too rural, that could be a downer for the kids... we still have a 12yo and 10yo.

Schooling out far is different for sure. I'm un der the impression that kids a long ways out bus very early into town here for school.

Schooling was pretty much my #1 concern.

Gramps

Older Member
Reaction score
expect 4 seasons......lots of kids in rural areas of southern Utah

Melloyellovector

Reaction score

80k what are you trying to build a mini pool no wonder they won’t call back, lol
JK
I helped a member with some materials and advise in Utah, RichardE
Not sure where he’s at in his pool build.
But I can say it sounds like slim pickings and very few that actually build right out there. Pics he sent me of his ”quality“ build were, 😮
Costs Iv seen of pool builds out there are same as ca pricing

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

House update...

Seems to be missing something...hmmmmm...

Oh yeah! Where is Tom Brown in these pics?? 😁

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
80k what are you trying to build a mini pool no wonder they won’t call back, lol
JK
I helped a member with some materials and advise in Utah, RichardE
Not sure where he’s at in his pool build.
But I can say it sounds like slim pickings and very few that actually build right out there. Pics he sent me of his ”quality“ build were, 😮
Costs Iv seen of pool builds out there are same as ca pricing

I feel like it’s a mini pool…lol

16x30 with a 10x8 spa that’s at the end of the pool and spills over. Travertine coping 3 color changing led lights and pentair equipment with the fancy panel deal that can control everything including yard lights from the phone and a multi speed pump.

Realistically it’s nothing fancy compared to what you are capable of and build daily. Tons of horror stories out here for pool builders right now. Some people are at nearly a year for completion and others had all there money stolen by a guy that collected 50% and ran off to Mexico.

There is a large company that’s nationwide called premiere I believe that I have heard good things about but they are supposed to be pricey compared to everyone else but they do what they say.

It’s all a pita… you should move to Utah or I should just spend the money on a new hotrod🤣😎

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score

16x30 with a 10x8 spa that’s at the end of the pool and spills over. Travertine coping 3 color changing led lights and pentair equipment with the fancy panel deal that can control everything including yard lights from the phone and a multi speed pump.

Realistically it’s nothing fancy compared to what you are capable of and build daily. Tons of horror stories out here for pool builders right now. Some people are at nearly a year for completion and others had all there money stolen by a guy that collected 50% and ran off to Mexico.

There is a large company that’s nationwide called premiere I believe that I have heard good things about but they are supposed to be pricey compared to everyone else but they do what they say.

It’s all a pita… you should move to Utah or I should just spend the money on a new hotrod🤣😎
I called dibs! If he's moving anywhere...it's Texas.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

Maybe we can get a 2fur deal :)

mbrown2

Reaction score
Nice build CT...looks like it is going to be an awesome place...very happy for you and the fam...definitely a nice place to exit Cali to...

OFont....good luck on your purchase...as well nice looking huge lot!

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Cool little video of our neighborhood a local realtor did. Our area starts at 13 minutes...I feel we got very lucky in choosing this neighborhood as when we bought and started we had no idea what to expect as nothing was complete.

We still love that Shooting Star area too. The house we were looking at there got pushed out until May or June completion, so I think we made the right choice.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
We still love that Shooting Star area too. The house we were looking at there got pushed out until May or June completion, so I think we made the right choice.

That's up by the area i said we practice at right? Washington dam road?

I think hes a little light pricing wise on the first area he walked through.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
That's up by the area i said we practice at right? Washington dam road?

I think hes a little light pricing wise on the first area he walked through.
Yea that's it. Some of the newer lots are on some aggressively leveled lots, which weren't appealing.

You got any window covering contacts out there yet?