coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
86AE7AC9-95A9-409C-A59A-65BE7BC70B30.jpeg

timstoy

Reaction score
Went through a few of those fenders!

RIP
Yeah they weren’t totally unbreakable but better than steel or aluminum fenders. My buddy and I had Bultaco Pursangs with fiberglass fenders and tank. Every time you crashed you ripped something fiberglass off. We got pretty good at cloth and resin reparis! RIP Preston.

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
Story goes he made a ton of fenders and couldn’t sell them. Took them to Europe and still wouldn’t sell. Left them with Dick Cheney and wondered what he was going to do now. Cheney later called and said he needed more. At one point he was making 2000 a DAY!

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
Sister emailed me last night with the news, very sad. We were right in the middle of Preston Petty fame. We raced CMC and sister scored for the Peter's for a couple decades.

pixrthis

Reaction score
I met Preston when I started racing flat track, he was 75 and racing an electric motorcycle and would let anybody ride it. He was as nice of person as I ever met, Ride On Preston, we will miss you

PlumLoco

Vintage Jawa CZ motorcycles
Reaction score
There are two guys who worked with him to continue the production. I had some pretty angry conversations with the one named Paul. I understand he was risking everything he has to keep the fender company alive, but don't threaten me with legal action because I tell people your "new" fenders dont fit.
Frankly they were a funky kinda universal fit deal from the start. Not sure many people want to put an ugly PP fender on a classic vintage bike when exact repos are available for CZ, Husky, Maico, etc. You can even get plastic for early KX's and there were never that many sold new. Ossa, Bultaco, and of course the other Jap bikes.