WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

$164 to fill up the Yukon

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
Plus the BMW and Audi is much more fun to drive….
Said no Tesla owner ever... And a lot of them came from BMW's and Audi's, including myself.. I had two 5 series, you don't want to own them long term, they will nickel and dime you over time. And paying for premium gas right now is no bueno.

But in your equation you never mentioned any maintenance of any kind.. Why? That costs money.

And you are only equating living off the Supercharger network. No one does that. You charge at home for a few bucks, off peak. Big difference.

If you're gonna compare cost of ownership, you should include everything involved.

Last edited:

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
Said no Tesla owner ever... And a lot of them came from BMW's and Audi's, including myself.. I had two 5 series, you don't want to own them long term, they will nickel and dime you over time. And paying for premium gas right now is no bueno.

But in your equation you never mentioned any maintenance of any kind.. Why? That cost money

And you are only equating living off the Supercharger network. No one does that. You charge at home for a few bucks, off peak. Big difference.

If you're gonna compare cost of ownership, you should include everything involved.
Of course they would say that but it doesn’t make it true. If I just spent $100k on a Tesla model S I would say the same thing but I would be lying. Let’s get real.

I own BMW’s and drove a Tesla. Not impressed. Not the same thing. I could have gotten any car I wanted and Tesla was not even on the list. Yes that include ludicrous speed. It would need to be a tremendous performer on the track to make up for all its short comings. But it’s not so it doesn’t. I just don’t see it.

I don’t buy cars that are technological wonders, I buy them to drive them, hard.

They are pretty cool with all the technology and gadgets they have in them though. Don’t get me wrong they are no slouch.

On the flip side though, I think for your “average” driver the difference is negligible to the point it is irrelevant. Same thing as far as most people are concerned. What is that like 90% of owners? So for most it comes down to what works for their program. There is a lot more to life than speeding.

BTW if I did get a Tesla it would be that dual motor deal.👍

blueflaminhot

Reaction score

But in your equation you never mentioned any maintenance of any kind.. Why? That cost money

I can confirm this. Had Audi A3 Sport, BMW 328, BMW 435 M and now currently BMW X5 M sport. Tesla Model 3 Performance the most fun to drive easily. Love the BMW’s but don’t match the Tesla in my opinion. Off the line is like a rocket ship.

Love the X5 though, use it for towing and works really nice. Almost 40K miles and not a thing wrong with it so far. Decided to buy out my lease. I’m done with leasing cars though for now so the Tesla and X5 I’ll keep for a while.

Attachments

• DAC84484-EF6E-42E4-9962-C9328E3F3112.jpeg
    DAC84484-EF6E-42E4-9962-C9328E3F3112.jpeg
    972.6 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
I was referring to the top line performance models above so I sounded kinda harsh.

The Tesla models that seem to make the most sense are the model 3 and model Y. Good overall performance for the price. With the dual motor it has great straight line speed.

Most people drive a short distance most of the time so the range is not an issue. Most people go to work, store and soccer practice with short trips to wherever. Maybe a handful of long trips a year. So it works for most people.

My problem is that a pure electric play is a tad bit more expensive than it’s comparable gas model.

Plus there are gas cars that have comparable straight line speed as dual motor but they get expensive too. Overall the Tesla strikes a good balance here.

bk2drvr

Reaction score
So I did the math on this supercharger deal. The Tesla seems pretty efficient as they should because electric traction motors are 30% more efficient than gas motors

It appears the Tesla recharges at a rate of $11 for a range of 90-100 miles. So that costs $0.11-0.12 per mile.

Now I compare to my sons car a 2021 Civic gasser which gets 35 mpg on the freeway. Using super at today’s price of $4.50 per gallon for gas that costs $0.12 per mile. At the pre FJB price of $3.50 per gallon that is $0.10 per mile.

So as a commuter the civic gasser is equivalent to the pure electric play in terms of consumption cost. Cheaper before Brandon took over. The Honda is half the price of a model 3 and probably a quarter the price of a model S.

Now a Tesla model S is a nicer car than a civic so it’s more comparable to a BMW 5 series or Audi 5. So let’s compare to a pure gas play BMW 5 series. Range varies with a BMW 530 saying 28mpg combined but 33mpg freeway and 540 being 27/32 mpg. So that’s $0.16/$0.13 per mile and $0.166/$0.14 per mile respectively at $4.50 per gallon. The pre FJB price per gallon is $0.12/$0.106 per mile at $3.50 per gallon.

So at current gas prices it is slightly more to drive the 5 series gasser but at pre FJB prices it was actually
cheaper to drive the 5 series.

Now the gas’s guzzling SUV is another deal being obviously more expensive to drive. But the argument is being made to commute using a commuter car then switch over to a truck when you get there. (Good idea actually, I would do the same)
There are some other factors some of you are missing and unless you own an EV you wouldn’t see it by just reading these threads. In this thread we are primarily talking about highway mileage. BUT my GMC Sierra doesnt move when it’s not going to the river. ALL the running around town is done in the Tesla. Running around town we all know mileage takes a huge dive so the 2021 Civic example gets blown away here. I had to go out and start my truck yesterday in fear my battery may be dead. I hadn’t started it in 10 days. I know there are people that hate on Tesla but in my case the savings is so friggen huge I feel Iike I’ve robbed a bank and gotten away with it.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
So I did the math on this supercharger deal. The Tesla seems pretty efficient as they should because electric traction motors are 30% more efficient than gas motors

It appears the Tesla recharges at a rate of $11 for a range of 90-100 miles. So that costs $0.11-0.12 per mile.

Now I compare to my sons car a 2021 Civic gasser which gets 35 mpg on the freeway. Using super at today’s price of $4.50 per gallon for gas that costs $0.12 per mile. At the pre FJB price of $3.50 per gallon that is $0.10 per mile.

So as a commuter the civic gasser is equivalent to the pure electric play in terms of consumption cost. Cheaper before Brandon took over. The Honda is half the price of a model 3 and probably a quarter the price of a model S.

Now a Tesla model S is a nicer car than a civic so it’s more comparable to a BMW 5 series or Audi 5. So let’s compare to a pure gas play BMW 5 series. Range varies with a BMW 530 saying 28mpg combined but 33mpg freeway and 540 being 27/32 mpg. So that’s $0.16/$0.13 per mile and $0.166/$0.14 per mile respectively at $4.50 per gallon. The pre FJB price per gallon is $0.12/$0.106 per mile at $3.50 per gallon.

So at current gas prices it is slightly more to drive the 5 series gasser but at pre FJB prices it was actually
cheaper to drive the 5 series.

Now the gas’s guzzling SUV is another deal being obviously more expensive to drive. But the argument is being made to commute using a commuter car then switch over to a truck when you get there. (Good idea actually, I would do the same)

Lol just wait the the Tesla fanbois come and shoot their electrons at you.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
There are some other factors some of you are missing and unless you own an EV you wouldn’t see it by just reading these threads. In this thread we are primarily talking about highway mileage. BUT my GMC Sierra doesnt move when it’s not going to the river. ALL the running around town is done in the Tesla. Running around town we all know mileage takes a huge dive so the 2021 Civic example gets blown away here. I had to go out and start my truck yesterday in fear my battery may be dead. I hadn’t started it in 10 days. I know there are people that hate on Tesla but in my case the savings is so friggen huge I feel Iike I’ve robbed a bank and gotten away with it.

This is the play of you want an electric car, the problem is you need 2 cars. You have to insure 2 cars, pay for 2 cars and maintain 2 cars.

If you resign yourself to having 2 cars, one to “run around in” and one to travel long distances in, there are way cheaper options than a Tesla if you are using minimal gas to run around town.

Anyone can buy whatever they want, but it’s not “cheaper” spending 2x on a car up front to run around town with. With something like a VW e-golf or something with less range that has a cheaper MSRP, yea the total cost of that around town car can be cheaper for sure.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
When Brandon "won", I very shortly there after bought the P.O.S.
Prius Of Shame
I bought a shitbox, used one for 3k. I haven't driven the Excursion much at all.

I used to hear crap from my left wing brother, and left wing Mom, about why people like me drove up fuel costs because we used so much for our trucks. Large trucks and other less efficient vehicles are what make the world go around. Until technology, and the grid, can sustain the needs of larger vehicles, we're fuqd. Tesla's have tremendous technology, as do most of the other electric and hybrid offerings. Let's face it though, at best they are hot rod soccer mom vehicles. There is nothing yet capable of being a trades friendly vehicle, except a few half ton deals that are still considerably more expensive.
So, the high end folk will still cry and bitch about what that have to pay us blue collar low life's, but the costs will just keep rising. It gets quite costly, running trucks and equipment.

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
This is the play of you want an electric car, the problem is you need 2 cars. You have to insure 2 cars, pay for 2 cars and maintain 2 cars.

If you resign yourself to having 2 cars, one to “run around in” and one to travel long distances in, there are way cheaper options than a Tesla if you are using minimal gas to run around town.

Anyone can buy whatever they want, but it’s not “cheaper” spending 2x on a car up front to run around town with. With something like a VW e-golf or something with less range that has a cheaper MSRP, yea the total cost of that around town car can be cheaper for sure.

It's really hard to keep up with all the weird scenarios you have. Someone can easily own a Tesla as his only car and tow and launch a boat, no problem... Have a bigger boat? Chances are a Tesla or a Ford F150 ain't gonna cut it, then you'll probably have to step up to a big boy truck. But then gas or diesel is gonna be a problem driving an F250 or F350 as a daily driver.

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
It's really hard to keep up with all the weird scenarios you have. Someone can easily own a Tesla as his only car and tow and launch a boat, no problem... Have a bigger boat? Chances are a Tesla or a Ford F150 ain't gonna cut it, then you'll probably have to step up to a big boy truck. But then gas is gonna be a problem driving an F250 or F350 as a daily driver.

Sure guy, you are gonna tow yore bote (or jet ski for that matter) 300+ miles across the desert with a Tesla 😂.

Don’t take it out on me that your Tesla isn’t the cheapest form of transportation. You wanted a Tesla, you bought a Tesla. Great, enjoy it.

You spent $50k to save on weekly gas. One can spend under $30k for just as nice of a car and have $20K leftover for gas.

It is simple math, people can do what’s best for them. It is an electric car, not the second coming of Christ.

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
Sure guy, you are gonna tow yore bote (or jet ski for that matter) 300+ miles across the desert with a Tesla 😂.

Don’t take it out on me that your Tesla isn’t the cheapest form of transportation. You wanted a Tesla, you bought a Tesla. Great, enjoy it.

You spent $50k to save on weekly gas. One can spend under $30k for just as nice of a car and have $20K leftover for gas.

It is simple math, people can do what’s best for them. It is an electric car, not the second coming of Christ.

And It's none of your business what I buy, what I tow, why I buy or what I do with any of my cars or trucks.. You're the guy that is all butt hurt over what people do with their money or why they do it. Like I said, your scenarios are just, silly... And you try to put words in peoples mouths. It's just silly.. You're just a guy set in his ways and will always have the last word.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
And It's none of your business what I buy, what I tow, why I buy or what I do with any of my cars or trucks.. You're the guy that is all butt hurt over what people do with their money or why they do it. Like I said, your scenarios are just, silly... And you try to put words in peoples mouths. It's just silly.. You're just a guy set in his ways and will always have the last word.

I don’t care what you buy. If it is none of my business why do you keep telling me about it? I don’t care what car you drive or how you spend your money. Why do you care how other people spend theirs?

Nearest I can tell you are on some crusade to persuade everyone else that they need to like Tesla’s and they will somehow save money owning one. All I’m saying is that is not always the case. Why you can’t accept that is beyond me.

Tank

Reaction score
Ill Stop my bitchin about gas prices. Ain’t no gas price high enough to talk me into a Tesla. 😂😂

Different strokes for different folks. It’s all good. Gas prices will drop again In say….3 years. 😉

Last edited:

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
I don’t care what you buy. If it is none of my business why do you keep telling me about it? I don’t care what car you drive or how you spend your money. Why do you care how other people spend theirs?

Nearest I can tell you are on some crusade to persuade everyone else that they need to like Tesla’s and they will somehow save money owning one?

No, you had that opinion way before I ever chimed in. Not on a crusade at all, that comes from me calling you out with your false info on the car. I just can't help myself when people give out false information and I have first hand experience that's completely different. I don't know how you got it in your head that I bought my car because it was cheaper than operating a Honda Accord and I was gonna save a lot of money. A Tesla is a lot more of a car than a Civic or an Accord. I don't why you keep shoving that down our throats. But you won't give up.. And you keep on... You're kind of known for this, lol I can tell that you have done a lot of reading on Tesla's, but have little hands on operating and driving one. You only point out the faults so others will think that they are junk... It's just my commuter car, that's what it does best and I never said it can do everything. It can't. But, people are gonna buy what they're gonna buy for whatever reason.

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
Ill Stop my bitchin about gas prices. Ain’t no gas price high enough to talk me into a Tesla. 😂😂

Different strokes for different folks. It’s all good. Gas prices will drop again Ins say….3 years. 😉

I'll take that bet! I lose, I buy drinks you lose you take me to the islands on your Cig.

Tank

Reaction score
I'll take that bet! I lose, I buy drinks you lose you take me to the islands on your Cig.
Well, fair bet since it’ll cost about the same! 😂😂

But wait, what are we betting on? Fuel prices going down? Republicans take presidency in 3 years? Or that I’ll buy a tesla?

And we don’t need to bet. Always room for fellow RDP’r to run out to the islands. 😉👍

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
Well, fair bet since it’ll cost about the same! 😂😂

But wait, what are we betting on? Fuel prices going down? Republicans take presidency in 3 years? Or that I’ll buy a tesla?

And we don’t need to bet. Always room for fellow RDP’r to run out to the islands. 😉👍

Fuel prices... 👍 Yeah, I'm in Newbury Park. Pretty close

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
Here’s all I care about…… is that technology keeps advancing to the point in which, when I get too old to drive and finally have to turn in my keys…… that I can order an automated self driving vehicle to my door that takes me anywhere I want to go. Might even give up the car earlier than expected for this futuristic transportation that is guaranteed to become reality. Once everyone travels this way, with no manually driven vehicles, traffic will be eliminated. Just saying

Tank

Reaction score
Fuel prices... 👍 Yeah, I'm in Newbury Park. Pretty close
Fuel goes up and down. Always goes up when dems hold White House. Im
Guessing a republican will take the White House in 2024 and we’ll again be less dependent on Foriegn oil and prices will come down. Maybe sooner if Biden’s handlers see big picture and try to save his presidency. Who knows. I do believe fuel will be back down eventually.

I’m dragging the cig back out after desert storm to run in the ocean for the rest of the year. You’re more than welcome to roll.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
No, you had that opinion way before I ever chimed in. Not on a crusade at all, that comes from me calling you out with your false info on the car. I just can't help myself when people give out false information and I have first hand experience that's completely different. I don't know how you got it in your head that I bought my car because it was cheaper than operating a Honda Accord and I was gonna save a lot of money. A Tesla is a lot more of a car than a Civic or an Accord. I don't why you keep shoving that down our throats. But you won't give up.. And you keep on... You're kind of known for this, lol I can tell that you have done a lot of reading on Tesla's, but have little hands on operating and driving one. You only point out the faults so others will think that they are junk... It's just my commuter car, that's what it does best and I never said it can do everything. It can't. But, people are gonna buy what they're gonna buy for whatever reason.

I’ve had the opinion they aren’t the cheapest transportation for 10 years, and that is demonstrably true. I’ve have enough experience with them over that 10 years to know they don’t work for me at their price point. I’ve seen enough fiascos while traveling to know they aren’t the best road trip cars. As a car company they do have among the worst quality ratings as well. That is from multiple sources, not me.

You wanted a Tesla, and are happy with it, that is great. Everyone is free to buy what what like.

You pay $6 a fill up but paid $50k up front to do it. Own it, it is what it is. Others pay half that up front and have $25k for gas and the car is just as nice of a place to be. Enjoy your car and the financial charade of cheap transportation with a $50k barrier of entry.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Here’s all I care about…… is that technology keeps advancing to the point in which, when I get too old to drive and finally have to turn in my keys…… that I can order an automated self driving vehicle to my door that takes me anywhere I want to go. Might even give up the car earlier than expected for this futuristic transportation that is guaranteed to become reality. Once everyone travels this way, with no manually driven vehicles, traffic will be eliminated. Just saying
That probably won’t be for another 30 years. We were supposed to have flying cars by now.

bk2drvr

Reaction score
Let me tell you about the feeling of not having that feeling of sliding your credit card into that gas pump knowing you are getting anally raped. And then standing there watching the blur of dollars speed past the gallons being pumped. Lol…

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Let me tell you about the feeling of not having that feeling of sliding your credit card into that gas pump knowing you are getting anally raped. And then standing there watching the blur of dollars speed past the gallons being pumped. Lol…

So you sold yore bote huh?? 😝

Tank

Reaction score
Man. You should be in advertising.

Im Envisioning now - a slow fade in on a gas pump racking up gallons and money. Voice over reads the script above then pans over to the new Tesla. Then the voice over says - “good thing gas stations have mini Marts too”

😂😂👍

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score

Preach on my brother... That's after waiting in line at Costco... Then you bend over and take it... And there's nothing you can do about it..

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
I’ve had the opinion they aren’t the cheapest transportation for 10 years, and that is demonstrably true. I’ve have enough experience with them over that 10 years to know they don’t work for me at their price point. I’ve seen enough fiascos while traveling to know they aren’t the best road trip cars. As a car company they do have among the worst quality ratings as well. That is from multiple sources, not me.

You wanted a Tesla, and are happy with it, that is great. Everyone is free to buy what what like.

You pay $6 a fill up but paid $50k up front to do it. Own it, it is what it is. Others pay half that up front and have $25k for gas and the car is just as nice of a place to be. Enjoy your car and the financial charade of cheap transportation with a $50k barrier of entr

But a Honda Accord doesn't come with a lot of things I want. And I told you before, I want to buy American. I'm willing to pay more for features that your favorite import car doesn't have and also to drive an American car. The most American-made car in North America. And you can't dispute that.. Go ahead and try, lol

I hate to break it to you, but all nice, well equipped new cars are 40 or 50 grand. That's just what they cost now..

D19

Reaction score
Fuel prices are what they are, to me it's not really worth getting pissed about. My only gripe is when the pump stops at $80, $90 or $100. Then I have to go through the entire "do you want a car wash?" etc again.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Filling up the Escalade's 30 gallon tank with 91 is painful. I'd maybe put E85 in it if there was any around Simi, but have seen a pump at all. Luckily work pays for the commuter gas so the Caddy is really just relegated to carting kids around and any family trips we take.

I'd love to change vehicles to something that is more economical, just point one out that can haul 6 (four being in various car seats), have decent room for cargo, and can pull at least 5k.

I'll wait.

Tank

Reaction score
Might as well get the Lambo Urus!
Well, I don’t EVER buy anything brand new. Might as well throw money off the pier. We’ll get something a couple years old. Maybe a lease turn in.

Tank

Reaction score
Fuel prices are what they are, to me it's not really worth getting pissed about. My only gripe is when the pump stops at $80, $90 or $100. Then I have to go through the entire "do you want a car wash?" etc again.
I agree to an extent. Shits not gonna ruin my day. Big picture it’s not gonna make or break me. The thing that DOES piss me off though is what’s behind it. And the fact we could have cheap fuel if “we” aka White House, wanted too. Shutting down the pipeline and becoming reliant on Foriegn Oil again. For fucks sake. Just make Russia and Saudi and the others richer while we get fucked. THAT pisses me off a bit. And of course it’s the worst here in ca because dipshit newscum and his voters tax the shit out of it. 🤦‍♂️

Tank

Reaction score
Problem is the used shit costs new shit prices right now!
True story! Im
Hoping things will
Settle a bit in a few months. Supplies get ironed out combined with interest rates climbing, etc. I’m in no hurry. I can wait a bit. I definitely ain’t buying shit right now!

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
The reason I asked about the charging ritual is my desire to take my tract home off grid. Thats excess solar, batteries , with a grid connection as backup or a Nat Gas gen as standby. I have since searched what my city allows and it turns out grid tied with a max of 10 kW on my roof. Not enough to charge an electric car, run AC , and 240v spa, etc.

I need min. of 15 kW and have more than enough roof for it. Nope.

So I am no longer interested in an electric SUV. My SCE TOU plan has me close to .50 a KWH 4 to 9 pm. and .42 all the rest of the time plus all the new grid tied net metering deals are really no deal. So I dont see the point to bother with any of it here in lovely Mission Viejo when sucking on Edison's Tit is a requirement.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
The reason I asked about the charging ritual is my desire to take my tract home off grid. Thats excess solar, batteries , with a grid connection as backup or a Nat Gas gen as standby. I have since searched what my city allows and it turns out grid tied with a max of 10 kW on my roof. Not enough to charge an electric car, run AC , and 240v spa, etc.

I need min. of 15 kW and have more than enough roof for it. Nope.

So I am no longer interested in an electric SUV. My SCE TOU plan has me close to .50 a KWH 4 to 9 pm. and .42 all the rest of the time plus all the new grid tied net metering deals are really no deal. So I dont see the point to bother with any of it here in lovely Mission Viejo when sucking on Edison's Tit is a requirement.

Yep you'd need to completely roll your own renegade separate solar subsystem on your roof with a battery wall of some kind, use the battery wall to charge the electrified car and then put in a transfer switch to power your house when desired.

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
Yep you'd need to completely roll your own renegade separate solar subsystem on your roof with a battery wall of some kind, use the battery wall to charge the electrified car and then put in a transfer switch to power your house when desired.
You missed my point...Mission Viejo won't allow it. Nothing on a roof over 10kW. Full plans and SCE contracts filled out and submitted before work begins. If you go rogue, code enforcement will find out. Their very words.

These guys have the solar deal down to a "We will make money regardless of your savings" program.

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
My SCE TOU plan has me close to .50 a KWH 4 to 9 pm. and .42 all the rest of the time plus all the new grid tied net metering deals are really no deal. So I dont see the point to bother with any of it here in lovely Mission Viejo when sucking on Edison's Tit is a requirement.

I have SCE TOU-D-Prime, you get into the Prime plan when you buy an EV. Winter rates are: from 4-9 pm peak is 46 cents a KWH but at 9 pm it drops to 19 cents a KWH and stays at 19 cents until 4pm, half of what you pay just because of the car. So, the evening Tit sucking on Edison is pretty reasonable especially for CA if you ask me. So not only do I charge my EV at night a few times a week, I adjust my pool pump to shut off at 4pm. So because of my car I power my pool pump half price. Pretty slick huh? My Edison Electric bill is typically around $210 a month for my 1700 SF house and car, July and Aug will be a little more. So, that's just not high enough for me to pull the trigger with Solar panels and batteries yet. If that cost doubles in the future then for sure I'll look into it.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
You missed my point...Mission Viejo won't allow it. Nothing on a roof over 10kW. Full plans and SCE contracts filled out and submitted before work begins. If you go rogue, code enforcement will find out. Their very words.

These guys have the solar deal down to a "We will make money regardless of your savings" program.
Not being an eco-friendly or solar guy, is it the physical size of the system, or the wattage they have issue with?

Was just looking at a newer solar setup out here, removed for remodel(weird folks up here) I just want something that can power my well pump, fridges and freezers.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

I know.. that’s why I said it would have to be a renegade system - DIY. You'd get caught eventually.. maybe. I'm sure if you put solar on the easement behind your place the cops would be there in 30 seconds LOL.

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
I know.. that’s why I said it would have to be a renegade system - DIY. You'd get caught eventually.. maybe. I'm sure if you put solar on the easement behind your place the cops would be there in 30 seconds LOL.
Across the street , corner house....neighborhood cry'r. I have my landscape trailer disconnected in the street as we all had covid. I was to sick to push it into the driveway. It goes onto the garage head first. Sheriff knocks he said you cant do that, I know this and explain, he says get it when you can and he would let the dispatch know. Take that town cryer. I hate that fucker.
Not being an eco-friendly or solar guy, is it the physical size of the system, or the wattage they have issue with?

Was just looking at a newer solar setup out here, removed for remodel(weird folks up here) I just want something that can power my well pump, fridges and freezers.
Limited strictly by watts.

My interest is strictly building a total off grid system in a tract home. Come to find out my local guberment frowns on that.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Across the street , corner house....neighborhood cry'r. I have my landscape trailer disconnected in the street as we all had covid. I was to sick to push it into the driveway. It goes onto the garage head first. Sheriff knocks he said you cant do that, I know this and explain, he says get it when you can and he would let the dispatch know. Take that town cryer. I hate that fucker.

My interest is strictly building a total off grid system in a tract home. Come to find out my local guberment frowns on that.

They won’t let anyone (I should say any regular person in a housing tract) go off grid. That is the laughable part of this whole solar stupidity.

I’m suprised no one has called about my trailer yet lol.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score

I wonder if a person could "under-rate" the panels to get them passed and mounted, but wire as two independent systems...as a backup so to speak. SHTF, throw a lever and all good.