WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

This is how we "winterize" in CA...

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
71 degrees and not a cloud in the sky. CA is Closed!

20220124_132443.jpg
20220119_165533.jpg
20220119_163626.jpg

Tank

Reaction score
Just texting with a buddy who lives in Michigan yesterday. He sent a pic of his snowed in driveway and was like “gotta go shovel snow”. I replied “72 at the beach today”. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Weather has not sucked last couple days.

Of course I did shovel sand today soooooo

5AB69807-FB8F-441C-B983-CC1C4A3F00ED.jpeg

RichL

Reaction score
Just texting with a buddy who lives in Michigan yesterday. He sent a pic of his snowed in driveway and was like “gotta go shovel snow”. I replied “72 at the beach today”. 🤷🏻‍♂️

View attachment 1082688
If I'd known you were interested I would have gladly thrown up a couple pics from last week when we got the foot of snow and it was drifting to 2 and 3 feet. Fun to plow.
😁

RichL

Reaction score
Yeah man, today is so friggin nice here. Got a nice little ocean breeze blowing through the house.
If it wasn't already dark here I'd take a picture of the lake we live on. It's kinda hard at the moment. Unfortunately the house is closed up at the moment even though it's warmed up to about 22°.
😉

v6toy4x

Reaction score

View attachment 1082688
where is this? if you dont mind

HST4ME

Reaction score

NIGHT​

43.svg

-1°Lo
RealFeel® -3°
1/25
Early flurries and squalls, up to 1"; cold, mostly cloudy followed by clearing; hypothermia likely without protective clothing
WindWNW 7 mph
Wind Gusts10 mph
Probability of Precipitation70%
Probability of Thunderstorms0%
Precipitation0.03 in
Snow0.8 in
Hours of Precipitation1
Cloud Cover60%

NicPaus

Reaction score
I had to put a sweatshirt on this morning. Last few days been cranking the AC.

Big bend got all our money for upgrades and we got the worst paint job you could imagine at our bar. Price increases on everything. You guys can thank the buckskin ordeal for it.

Reaction score
Hollywood Beach. 30 minutes north of Malibu, 30 minutes south of Santa Barbara.

don't remember there being a breakwall there, how would the world class beach break work ???

Last edited:

Tank

Reaction score
Your place?
Yes. I like to say, "shittiest house in the best neighborhood". 😁

This is actually our house in the background of this photo taken in the 20's. our place is most likely the oldest house on the beach now as most of the originals have been torn down to build mcmansions.

2.jpg

don't remember there being a breakwall there, how would the world class beach break work ???

Breakwall has been there since the harbor was put in in 1960. The south swell actually wraps around the breakwall and creates an awesome right called "little sunset" by locals. It's a great spot because on big days you can paddle out from the side using the breakwall to block the swell so you don't have to fight the waves to get out.

3 (2).png

v6toy4x

Reaction score

This is actually our house in the background of this photo taken in the 20's. our place is most likely the oldest house on the beach now as most of the originals have been torn down to build mcmansions.

View attachment 1082838

Breakwall has been there since the harbor was put in in 1960. The south swell actually wraps around the breakwall and creates an awesome right called "little sunset" by locals. It's a great spot because on big days you can paddle out from the side using the breakwall to block the swell so you don't have to fight the waves to get out.

View attachment 1082839
very f****n nice, congrats on that!

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Holy crap! In Havasu City now. Wind is howling, people camped in their RV"a all over the place, and traffic is redonkulous.

So glad Parker is closed!

77charger

Reaction score
Hollywood Beach. 30 minutes north of Malibu, 30 minutes south of Santa Barbara.
Aint that the place the oxnard local surfers liked to keep the outsiders out years ago? Sounds familiar

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
Aint that the place the oxnard local surfers liked to keep the outsiders out years ago? Sounds familiar

Back in the day it was Silver Strand. You wouldn’t want to show up with your neon pink rip curl or colored board. Lol

77charger

Reaction score
Back in the day it was Silver Strand. You wouldn’t want to show up with your neon pink rip curl or colored board. Lol
I grew up as a ten going to salt creek and strands but would hear the locals up there did not take to out of towners too well it was known pretty good.Late 80s

Tank

Reaction score

Yeah, I grew up here. Silver Strand is on the other side of the Channel islands Harbor. It was very well known not to surf at if you weren't a local. Big punk scene and localized surf scene.

Infamous local Nard Core / Strand punk band Aggression sung about it. LOL

Hoodoo

Reaction score

View attachment 1082838

View attachment 1082839

Sweet set up.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

Just don't move back to Havasu. Down town LA got nuthin Havasu City!

20220125_163035.jpg

Truthfully, coming into Parker was just as bad. There were people camped all over the place just outside of Big River.

How broke do have to be that you can't afford to stay in a campground?? Where are they getting water and dumping their tanks??

Craziness I've never seen before. 😕

Orange Juice

Reaction score
Just don't move back to Havasu. Down town LA got nuthin Havasu City!

View attachment 1082962

Truthfully, coming into Parker was just as bad. There were people camped all over the place just outside of Big River.

How broke do have to be that you can't afford to stay in a campground?? Where are they getting water and dumping their tanks??

Craziness I've never seen before. 😕
These people are the retired homeless population. It’s too cold up north, so they make the journey to the Arizona deserts.

I’m sure most of them have a cheap way to dump.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
These people are the retired homeless population. It’s too cold up north, so they make the journey to the Arizona deserts.

I’m sure most of them have a cheap way to dump.

Sucks. They need to go clutter up the deserts in Mexico. 👎

Orange Juice

Reaction score
Sucks. They need to go clutter up the deserts in Mexico. 👎
It’s been going on since I can remember. Quartzsite has been the headquarters for 50+ years.
Does Walmart still allow overnighted in the parking lot?

zhandfull

Reaction score
Had lunch outside on the patio today. It was nice in the shade. CA 😁

Tank

Reaction score
I thought BLM was changing the rules on the whole camp out where ever da fuck you want situation.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Holy crap! In Havasu City now. Wind is howling, people camped in their RV"a all over the place, and traffic is redonkulous.

So glad Parker is closed!
I left Havasu around Az 9:30am yesterday & the wind was starting to pick up, hour before that it was calm. Some gusty side winds blowing the toybox around between Chiriaco and the valley. Nice having a tailwind getting up to Morongo though.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
I'm in my RV in Quartzsite now and the must be 15k plus rv's here now. Version has cell service built for the 3500 permanent residents and is so overwhelmed I can hardly get any thing in. I get this thread with no pictures because it is so slow.