WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

So Cal...IV Treatment...C-19 Positive Elderly Parent.

Bear Down

Reaction score
Good morning All,

Looking for So Cal recommendations on IV Treatments. My 85 year old mom is covid positive, tested positive last week and went to Kaiser yesterday (1/24) and still is positive. Shes doing well considering, but she just needs something to get over the hump. She had the nasty sore throat for about 7 days and is finally getting over it, but not much of an appetite. I am thinking she needs some sort of Vitamin Boost. Kaiser evaluated her and did blood work and she is pretty much ok, just old and side effects of the 'Rona (headache, Nausea etc..) . Any Suggestions are appreciated..

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
No recommendations here and sorry your mom has C19. Hoping for a speedy recovery.

Bear Down

Reaction score
No recommendations here and sorry your mom has C19. Hoping for a speedy recovery.
Appreciate it...With my parents being elderly and on many types of medication, its hard to target what type of therapy. I figure a Banana Bag would do wonders for her and get her healthy for a few days to get her over the hump.... Shes tough...so is mother nature

YumaRivernaut

How Far Off Was I?
Reaction score
Tons of good info here. Hope your mom gets better. I'd stay away from hospitals and testing. Don't feed the beast.

Last edited:

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Appreciate it...With my parents being elderly and on many types of medication, its hard to target what type of therapy. I figure a Banana Bag would do wonders for her and get her healthy for a few days to get her over the hump.... Shes tough...so is mother nature
No worries and I can surely relate. My dad is in a board and care facility for Alzheimer's. Meeting with a nurse today to go over some care for him.

Bear Down

Reaction score
This is where I went when I had it. I have referred probably another 20-30 people there as well and all have been happy.

If you have any issues getting in, I have the owners direct celll number. Just send me a PM.
i appreciate it very much...i will reach out asap and if i come across a hurdle, i will reach out to you! Thank you Very much!

Ladsm

Reaction score
Its been going around our neighborhood and we found a small Doctors office in Laughlin that gave the monoclonal IV treatments. Seems like Nevada is a little easier to get it.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Its been going around our neighborhood and we found a small Doctors office in Laughlin that gave the monoclonal IV treatments. Seems like Nevada is a little easier to get it.
In Texas, many counties only give monoclonals to minorities. White folks aren’t eligible…all since the feds bought all of the supplies and they choose who gets what.

traquer

Reaction score
All the mobile IV places are good (Google them in your area since some are only servicing LA and some are only in OC), I made sure to get extra glutathione and at least 2 grams of vitamin C. It should be $300 or so.

Of course most wont come out if you have Covid.. You'll either have to lie or say a half truth. I did the half truth thing ("Well I had a positive and negative test so who knows") and did it outside in the backyard under the heater. Reset IV was the one that came out and didn't mind when I told them that. An other vendor asked when the last negative test was and if any symptoms. I said past 10 days but still coughing and they said to pound sand.) It also depends on the nurses that come out, they're contractors pretty much who work for these various IV places, so ultimately they decide.

gmnhra

Reaction score
This is where I went when I had it. I have referred probably another 20-30 people there as well and all have been happy.

If you have any issues getting in, I have the owners direct celll number. Just send me a PM.
went here also when i had it
the IV perked me right up
I also did Ivermectic script so my "data" is confounded but I think the IV really helped

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
In Texas, many counties only give monoclonals to minorities. White folks aren’t eligible…all since the feds bought all of the supplies and they choose who gets what.

They did this in NV too, unless you used a private cash service. Costs 1k and the nurse comes to your house. Unfortunately the FDA has pulled the plug on Monoclonals now. Which is fucking bullshit because they worked almost too well.

Sandlord

Reaction score
Memo, sorry to hear about your mom. I hope she gets well soon.

BTR

2 Girls, 1 Wallet
Reaction score
Just a word of caution with regard to home IVs. Potassium can interact with a bunch of different meds and cause fatal heart conditions. May want a Dr opinion before going that route. IMO, water and rest if she seems be doing well and getting better.

traquer

Reaction score
Just a word of caution with regard to home IVs. Potassium can interact with a bunch of different meds and cause fatal heart conditions. May want a Dr opinion before going that route. IMO, water and rest if she seems be doing well and getting better.
Yup you're correct. I went basic, Vit C, B, glutathione and that's it. And tell the nurse all the prescriptions or any conditions you have

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Thanks Robbie,

Moms tough as nails...she is over the hump now and is sounding and feeling much better... just took time for her and the unknown was tough on her mentally. Thanks to all for the well wishes!!

Good to hear that she is going in the right direction. 👍

The fear is real with our aging parents. I know that my mother still does a few things out of concern for her health. I do not judge her for the choices that she makes as long and she does not put them on me. It was interesting to see her fear for my wife going to see her mother when the MIL had the VId in November of 2021. Then for the wife and I to come down with the Vid a week ago. LOL We still have not told my mother and stepmother that we had the Vid last week.

Last edited:

Bear Down

Reaction score
Good to hear that she is going in the right direction. 👍

The fear is real with our aging parents. I know that my mother still does a few things out of concern for her health. I do not judge her for the choices that she makes as long and she does not put them on me. It was interesting to see her fear for my wife going to see her mother when the MIL had the VId in November of 2021. Then for the wife and I to come down with the Vid a week ago. LOL We still have not told my mother and stepmother that we had the Vid last week.

Truth.... My parents were born in Mexico and came in the late 50s to the USA... They had a really tough/rough upbringing and lived life as such in the simpliest terms. My parents were somewhat cautious, but just lived life as normal as possible during this Covide deal, it was just another hurdle in life for them, no biggie just some concern. My dad was in the hospital for 45 days due to Open Heart surgery and complications from AKD from diabetes, so this whole Omnicron concerned me a bit... But not my parents, which didnt bat an eye on who visited and when they visited. My Super Trump Bleeding Sister is Anit Vax... She got the VID and was the one who gave it to my parents. At the end, it could have been anyone one of us 7 kids, Vaxed or not that could have given it to my parents, but it happened to her and she was soo hush about it. It was difficult talking to my mom everyday and her condition was bad and didnt get better for over 10 days... but she didnt panick and just rode it out...and here we are, just another hurdle conqured by some Old timers.

Dalton

Reaction score
To give you some hope my 89 year old grandma had it, before the vax or anything, she made it through with minimal symptom's. This was early on in 2020 and we thought just being positive was a death sentence for a old person, never know with covid.

94Nautique

Once Banned
Reaction score
Whitey need not apply

Sandlord

Reaction score
Thanks Robbie,

Moms tough as nails...she is over the hump now and is sounding and feeling much better... just took time for her and the unknown was tough on her mentally. Thanks to all for the well wishes!!
You’re welcome.
While I was reading this I was at the hospital with my mom (also tough as nails). She got some stents in her bile duct after the paramedics took her from Wickenburg to Surprise.