WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Here’s a modern yacht that just passed my home. Video

Icky

Reaction score
Is that a hotel across the water with the pool? Seems like anyone could just walk up and go for a swim

havasujeeper

Reaction score
That ought to knock out them 6' swells at Havasu pretty well!

RichL

Reaction score
I don't envy you having to live there and look at all that scenery.
😁😁

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
That hull shape is becoming popular. Likely due to its Sea keeping abilities. I prefer the classic lines, look and bow entry of the more traditional hull shape.

sirbob

Reaction score
great stuff - I love the modern boats

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
Is that a hotel across the water with the pool? Seems like anyone could just walk up and go for a swim
That is actually a home that has been converted into 3 VRBO rentals that share the pool. At least once a year they have a live band on property which is fantastic for us because they always play music that we know. All other times, it is a quiet property.

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
That hull shape is becoming popular. Likely due to its Sea keeping abilities. I prefer the classic lines, look and bow entry of the more traditional hull shape.
It’s funny you mention this because that hull design is exactly the same as my hull. Sharp entry, flat bottom. My waterline is only a few inches smaller than my hull length. It does have its pros and cons. For me, I have to keep my bow trimmed down, so that the bow can pierce the waves. If I lift tabs and tilt motor back, I will be pounded since I now have my boat on my hulls flat surface. Typical downeaster design. But….. oh boy, can I go shallow! 15 inches.

A 36’ Judge Yacht Downeaster will go in 18” of water. That should be a record! Lol

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
I don't envy you having to live there and look at all that scenery.
😁😁
I hear you…… it is almost a pain in the ass to have to watch an endless boat parade, day in and day out. Lol

Believe it or not, the video hardly does justice to my actual view. I am very thankful too! I realize all the time just how lucky I am.

I will continue to shoot videos, like the one above. I had been reluctant for the past several years, since I really just want to ad content to a boating site, but I am always concerned it will look like bragging. Just remember, I am way down the food chain compared to the ballers in SoFlo!

v6toy4x

Reaction score
I hear you…… it is almost a pain in the ass to have to watch an endless boat parade, day in and day out. Lol

Believe it or not, the video hardly does justice to my actual view. I am very thankful too! I realize all the time just how lucky I am.

I will continue to shoot videos, like the one above. I had been reluctant for the past several years, since I really just want to ad content to a boating site, but I am always concerned it will look like bragging. Just remember, I am way down the food chain compared to the ballers in SoFlo!
If you dont mind, just where is this view?

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
If you dont mind, just where is this view?
It’s in Pompano Beach Florida. Which is in between Fort Lauderdale and Lighthouse Point.

I am basically at 14th St Causeway bridge, looking south towards Atlantic Ave Bridge and beyond to Fort Lauderdale.

I can see all 3 reef lines in ocean, all the ships coming and going from Port Everglades, downtown Fort Lauderdale, and approx 2 unobstructed miles of intracoastal waterway, since I practically look almost straight down the intracoastal south.

havasuhusker

Reaction score
The view is absolutely incredible. The C-Ya family are great people.

LuckyStrike

Just Plain Crazy
Reaction score
Boca Bash This Weekend...Are You Going ?? Ive got a couple of Invites ....LOOKS Windy and maybe rain...Whats your Take?

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
Boca Bash This Weekend...Are You Going ?? Ive got a couple of Invites ....LOOKS Windy and maybe rain...Whats your Take?
It’s funny you mention this……

Last week I get a call from a friend with an 80’ Tour Boat, that does day charters. He wants to know if I will captain the boat for the Boca Bash from 9am to 5pm. He offers me $1000 for the day. (Plus tips) He also states he is also hiring a security guard to keep the passengers in line.

The moment I heard a security guard is being hired……. I already can pick the area code of the passengers phones. I said Hell No! I also told him he was unrealistic about time. I let him know that there would be a good chance the boat would get pinned in and most likely could not move until the Bash started shutting down. The boat has 7’ draft with no thrusters. It would be a bitch to try snake your way out. Of course, with a boat like that, realistically, you have to be at north end of lake Boca, with all the other big boats, but still a lot of anchor lines to avoid.

I am going to stay away from the Boca Bash this year. It is a HUGE shitshow. I might take my golf cart to the ramp and shoot some video. However, the wind is going to be an issue, and possibly rain, which could effect the event. Especially those that want to enter through Boca Inlet. The weather is definitely not going to be ideal.

Its also The Pompano Beach Seafood Festival this weekend. I’ll be there Saturday with a huge group.

One last thing…….. Last week my neighbor caught a 300lb ”Pumpkin” Swordfish. My condo building has been barbecuing swordfish every night for the last week. It has become the secondary joy in moving here. Unlimited fresh fish. Grouper, sailfish, mahi, etc. Lobster season is fun too!

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
Boca Bash picture

4147C33C-92F6-4E84-953E-799BFB5E76E1.png

LuckyStrike

Just Plain Crazy
Reaction score
It’s funny you mention this……

Last week I get a call from a friend with an 80’ Tour Boat, that does day charters. He wants to know if I will captain the boat for the Boca Bash from 9am to 5pm. He offers me $1000 for the day. (Plus tips) He also states he is also hiring a security guard to keep the passengers in line.

The moment I heard a security guard is being hired……. I already can pick the area code of the passengers phones. I said Hell No! I also told him he was unrealistic about time. I let him know that there would be a good chance the boat would get pinned in and most likely could not move until the Bash started shutting down. The boat has 7’ draft with no thrusters. It would be a bitch to try snake your way out. Of course, with a boat like that, realistically, you have to be at north end of lake Boca, with all the other big boats, but still a lot of anchor lines to avoid.

I am going to stay away from the Boca Bash this year. It is a HUGE shitshow. I might take my golf cart to the ramp and shoot some video. However, the wind is going to be an issue, and possibly rain, which could effect the event. Especially those that want to enter through Boca Inlet. The weather is definitely not going to be ideal.

Its also The Pompano Beach Seafood Festival this weekend. I’ll be there Saturday with a huge group.

One last thing…….. Last week my neighbor caught a 300lb ”Pumpkin” Swordfish. My condo building has been barbecuing swordfish every night for the last week. It has become the secondary joy in moving here. Unlimited fresh fish. Grouper, sailfish, mahi, etc. Lobster season is fun too!
Yeah Ive been more times then Fingers And Toes..LOL Back in the day it wasnt the Shit show it is Current...And YES FRI-Till Sunday Lock In
Wise Move Saying "NO Thanks"

v6toy4x

Reaction score
It’s in Pompano Beach Florida. Which is in between Fort Lauderdale and Lighthouse Point.

I am basically at 14th St Causeway bridge, looking south towards Atlantic Ave Bridge and beyond to Fort Lauderdale.

I can see all 3 reef lines in ocean, all the ships coming and going from Port Everglades, downtown Fort Lauderdale, and approx 2 unobstructed miles of intracoastal waterway, since I practically look almost straight down the intracoastal south.
Just found my stopping off point when in Fort Lauderdale

I'll let you know when I am on my way😁

Very Nice!