WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

*** MICHELOB ULTRA ????????

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
The last few years of my life have been horrible... I started having joint problems,.... So bad I was scheduled for wrist and neck surgery.... at night the flare up would start,... arms started going numb, ad shoulder pain was horrible.... got to where I got no sleep at all... and the only way I could even get a couple hours sleep was with my arms hanging off the side of the bed... in the mornings my hands would be swollen .... my hands would feel like i was holding hot coals.... back and fort to multible docs... with all the same story... "you need surgery"

So one day about a month ago, I ran in to this guy at Loco's bar.... same age as me... both born in 1953.... I was telling him of my problems,.... He said I had the same problems.... he said the doctor told him to quit drinking Michelob Ultra,... said it causes Gout .... he said he switched back to bud light and all the problems went away.....I was like, No shit???? you started drinking bud light and the problems went away????

Where I was at, pretty much I would try anything.... so, 'bout a month ago, I switched back to bud light... first week, I noticed nothing.... but after that... I noticed that slowly, without doing anything else,... I was getting better.... my wife noticed I was starting to sleep thru the night..... no more swelling in my hands...and the arm numbness is slowly going away.... where i'm at today? there is nothing wrong to where I would even go to the doc... let alone have surgery,... coincidence???? maybe....... but I'll tell you,... nothing I tried made symptoms get better.... I don't drink any less.... I like beer.... drink it for breakfast.... I don't drink to get drunk... and will stop if I start feeling a buzz.... I don't sit and drink unless I have a driver to take me home... and will leave my truck at the bar if no one can drive for me... I'd much rather have my truck stolen, then get a DUI, or worse, get in a wreck and hurt some one..... so I'm not saying drinking beer healed me....I'm saying I believe not drinking Michelob ultra did though........

Happy Smitty

Reaction score
That's interesting. I wonder if it's an allergic reaction. After years of drinking coors light I started getting an indigestion burning feeling after 4 - 5 beers. Switch to michelob ultra as part of my low carb diet and no more indigestion. Inflammation in my joints went away too but that's probably due to the low carb diet. My dad gets gout when he drinks a lot of beer and eats a lot of steak.

REVENGE 97

Reaction score
I think drinking any type of beer is going to contribute to gout along with red meat and shellfish, I changed over to red wine to take the edge off at the end of the day and that seems to work. I still have a beer now and then when at a event or whatever, but not a daily need any longer. When you get older any alcohol will take a toll on you.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
The welding instructor that’s retiring this year gets really bad gout flare ups. It’s his knees. It’s all beer that causes it. He’s more miserable not drinking than when his knees hurt and he can’t walk. Go figure

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
Best beer ever ! ;)

Attachments

• stones.jpg
    stones.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 7

TimeBandit

Reaction score
From Google: "In the largest study of its kind, researchers found that as few as two to four beers a week increased the risk of gout by 25%. But men who drank at least two beers a day were more than 200% as likely to develop gout as non-beer drinkers."

by that measure I should have gout?

I never liked Mich Ultra, I learned to drink on Coors light, bud light is fine on a hot day.

Who am i kidding? if it's free and cold I'll drink it.

REVENGE 97

Reaction score
The welding instructor that’s retiring this year gets really bad gout flare ups. It’s his knees. It’s all beer that causes it. He’s more miserable not drinking than when his knees hurt and he can’t walk. Go figure
Take Alopurinol every day and you won't have the flare ups, if I feel any kind of flare up coming I take Colchicine and that stops it instantly, but I may only need it once or twice a year

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I can't even stand Michelob Ultra. I've tried. Can't do it. Also not too much of a veer drinker anymore. A 12 pack lasts me about 2 weeks now.

FishSniper

Reaction score
The last few years of my life have been horrible... I started having joint problems,.... So bad I was scheduled for wrist and neck surgery.... at night the flare up would start,... arms started going numb, ad shoulder pain was horrible.... got to where I got no sleep at all... and the only way I could even get a couple hours sleep was with my arms hanging off the side of the bed... in the mornings my hands would be swollen .... my hands would feel like i was holding hot coals.... back and fort to multible docs... with all the same story... "you need surgery"

So one day about a month ago, I ran in to this guy at Loco's bar.... same age as me... both born in 1953.... I was telling him of my problems,.... He said I had the same problems.... he said the doctor told him to quit drinking Michelob Ultra,... said it causes Gout .... he said he switched back to bud light and all the problems went away.....I was like, No shit???? you started drinking bud light and the problems went away????

Where I was at, pretty much I would try anything.... so, 'bout a month ago, I switched back to bud light... first week, I noticed nothing.... but after that... I noticed that slowly, without doing anything else,... I was getting better.... my wife noticed I was starting to sleep thru the night..... no more swelling in my hands...and the arm numbness is slowly going away.... where i'm at today? there is nothing wrong to where I would even go to the doc... let alone have surgery,... coincidence???? maybe....... but I'll tell you,... nothing I tried made symptoms get better.... I don't drink any less.... I like beer.... drink it for breakfast.... I don't drink to get drunk... and will stop if I start feeling a buzz.... I don't sit and drink unless I have a driver to take me home... and will leave my truck at the bar if no one can drive for me... I'd much rather have my truck stolen, then get a DUI, or worse, get in a wreck and hurt some one..... so I'm not saying drinking beer healed me....I'm saying I believe not drinking Michelob ultra did though........
Who drinks crap like ultra in the first place ?

Nanu/Nanu

Don't wait til' life's easy to be happy
Reaction score
I thought about drinking a Michelob ultra once.... Then I realized I would be letting many generations of men down so therefore I said not me!

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Cracks me up the amount of grown men that never do what they want because they are worried what others think... but one thing for sure.... it wasn't my generation that fuc'd this place up..

I only do what I want to do. I’ve been that way since my second divorce.
But what’s funny is that I’ve noticed that doesn’t piss off people as much as NOT doing the things I dont want to do, but others think I should do.
Some people think it’s selfish, I think those people should run their own lives.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
I only do what I want to do. I’ve been that way since my second divorce.
But what’s funny is that I’ve noticed that doesn’t piss off people as much as NOT doing the things I dont want to do, but others think I should do.
Some people think it’s selfish, I think those people should run their own lives.
That is 100% true.....It can drive some people crazy and it can be very simple stuff. Not only selfish but they think it is being stubborn for no reason.

As my sig line says: "To each his own"

boatnam2

Reaction score
Neighbor had same the same pain issues, i went over and poured all the bud light i had in my fridge a buddy had brought over on his hands in the front yard, I asked the guy a few days later if it helped, he said no but it did kill his weeds.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Cracks me up the amount of grown men that never do what they want because they are worried what others think... but one thing for sure.... it wasn't my generation that fuc'd this place up..
I dunno..... isnt Biden about your age? lol! j/k!