WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

App for best gas prices - Roadtrip

Hypnautic

Reaction score
Looking to see if any inmates use or recommend one.
Driving from Henderson, NV to Medford, OR to Springfield, OR then back to Sacramento, CA.
Clocks in at 1402 miles. Moving truck only gets 13mpg = 108 gallons x $7.00 (est avg) is $756
The gas costs more than the truck rental???

The drive from Springfield to Sacramento is by our choosing. If we drop the truck off in OR the cost of the one-way rental jumps from $750 to $3200. So the extra gas and time is worth it IMO. We will fly home out of SMF to LAS.

Like title says--looking for app that may help us find the better diesel prices along the route.
With that also comes the offer to help move anything needed. Leaving crack of dawn on Friday. Have a 26' box truck and a 3500 long bed making the drive.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
I use iExit, tells you gas prices at each exit coming up, where the rest areas are, where the Walmarts are (for RV camping) etc., works great.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Looking to see if any inmates use or recommend one.
Driving from Henderson, NV to Medford, OR to Springfield, OR then back to Sacramento, CA.
Clocks in at 1402 miles. Moving truck only gets 13mpg = 108 gallons x $7.00 (est avg) is $756
The gas costs more than the truck rental???

The drive from Springfield to Sacramento is by our choosing. If we drop the truck off in OR the cost of the one-way rental jumps from $750 to $3200. So the extra gas and time is worth it IMO. We will fly home out of SMF to LAS.

Like title says--looking for app that may help us find the better diesel prices along the route.
With that also comes the offer to help move anything needed. Leaving crack of dawn on Friday. Have a 26' box truck and a 3500 long bed making the drive.
Is there a reason you’re going all the way through Medford? Are you just trying to stay on the interstates and main roads?

Hypnautic

Reaction score
Is there a reason you’re going all the way through Medford? Are you just trying to stay on the interstates and main roads?
Going through Medford to pickup a dining room set my parents dont want.

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
Daughter is Junior at Univ of Oregon.
Springfield is much nicer than Eugene IMO. No homeless encampments allowed. No panhandling.

Ahh.. come on.. you dont want her in an apartment on 13th st next to UofO?🤣🤣

And yes I agree with that!

Universal Elements

Reaction score

Hypnautic

Reaction score
Ahh.. come on.. you dont want her in an apartment on 13th st next to UofO?🤣🤣

And yes I agree with that!
she is on the 10th floor in one of the buildings on Franklin. Can see Stadium--its nice. But 300sqft (if that) for $1300 is throwing away money.
Now if you know the area well--can you point me in the direction of some good Mexican food and a donut shop owned by Koreans?

LHC Kirby

LifeTime Member
Reaction score
Between GasBuddy and Upside I find the lowest price.
GasBuddy - just find the lowest price.

Upside - find gas with a money bank discount. You do pay full price, but get the $ per gallon back. It’s like .7 cents to.25 cents… occasionally a special deal.
Like inviting friends… so here is link to join 🥰

Check out this free app that gets you cash back on gas and other errands! Click this link or use promo code 96MQX to get an extra $4.22 bonus the first time you make a purchase. https://upside.app.link/96MQX

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Gas Buddys info is wrong a lot of the times. I used to use it but everytime I would correct the price next day the BS price would be back up. Not a fan

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
she is on the 10th floor in one of the buildings on Franklin. Can see Stadium--its nice. But 300sqft (if that) for $1300 is throwing away money.
Now if you know the area well--can you point me in the direction of some good Mexican food and a donut shop owned by Koreans?

The Mexicans steer clear of eugene so good Mexican might be tough.🤣jk

I spent alot of time in the area when we were younger. But havent been down there in years.

Hypnautic

Reaction score
The Mexicans steer clear of eugene so good Mexican might be tough.🤣jk

I spent alot of time in the area when we were younger. But havent been down there in years.
When im darker than the cook at a mexican restaurant--i know its not going to be good.

Thanks for everyones input.
Be sure to post your weekend river pics so I can escape from my driving and moving hell. .