WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

A trip down memory lane

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
This wasn’t the first Desert Storm after party.. there was one before it (bonus points for anyone that can remember where the first one was!)

This was in an essence though the first of the large scale “rdp” DS after parties, it was in the parking garage underneath javalina cantina and it was awesome! Lol

We paid a local artist to create the graffiti on giant canvas to cover the walls.. it was about 3,000.00 for that and they were flipping huge.. like 75-80’ by 10’ if I remember right?

99D29DE1-778E-4FDD-AD0F-C8A559C7E366.jpeg
9B3A25A6-9F6E-41E4-AD24-2EBDE94B7D2B.jpeg
2E8E613B-A805-4360-B900-361C130B3D0D.jpeg

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
This is the only pic I have of the actual first desert Storm after party. Lol. I wasn’t sure how to disperse the beer so I filled up the truck bed with beer and about six hundred pounds of ice.. lol

The people at smiths thought I was crazy when they asked how much ice do you want and I said “all of it.” 🤪
864E10EE-299E-4CD0-ABC6-4D5BFBEA6C5C.jpeg

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
One of the earlier rdp booths at desert Storm.l from 8-9 years ago. Selling t shirts out of card board boxes under the blue ezup. 🤪

Back then we just set it up across the front of the street instead of pushing it back to the driveway at Legendz
E3A0AABA-F83A-4631-A237-A66356AE855F.jpeg
A43179B2-F585-4D0B-A8D6-6B39C6905ADE.jpeg
82C7E086-C0EA-4845-9FD5-EB5C94B60D6F.jpeg

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I hooked up with Jeff Murray and brought a 37 midnight to desert storm to haul the crew around.. this was one of the first big CC’s at the event and everyone was talking about it. It is just a monster (at the time).

We were rolling up the river doing about sixty and we were passing this 21’ IO open bow.. the guy driving looked left and 😳. Then he did a double take because everyone was standing drinking beers etc.. I will never forget the look on his face it was pure disbelief.
908537E6-1B57-453E-A03A-E2DCA6929041.jpeg
9B053F87-329B-4DC9-B42B-BF5939AB09CA.jpeg

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
This was six seven years ago when I rented the first houseboat. I took Danny Kelly and his done out on it along with a few other traveling rdp members that didn’t have boats.. need to go see him back east soon!
9B73826C-108C-4A9C-ADDD-BABC18F2B23C.jpeg

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
It was in a Mexican restaurant where home town buffet built.
Our San Clemente fireman hosted with his wife.
Believe the next was in parking lot of LaVidaDolce and Justin brought a truckbed of beer.
Lmao, what do I win @RiverDave?
🤣🤣🤣

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
It was in a Mexican restaurant where home town buffet built.
Our San Clemente fireman host with his wife.
Believe the next was in parking lot of LaVidaDolce and Justin brought a truckbed of beer.

I don’t remember the Mexican restaurant but la vida dolce would be what I call the first one.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I don’t remember the Mexican restaurant but la vida dolce would be what I call the first one.
The mex restaurant one was not put on by you yet.
And right now I'm suffering CRS on his screen name of the hosts.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
The mex restaurant one was not put on by you yet.
And right now I'm suffering CRS on his screen name of the hosts.
Didn't @SummitKarl host one where the El Paraiso restaurant is now. Had a charity raffle for a skier if I remember right.

Next year was when I was with YoPengo and first meet Barry Mac and his crew at some restaurant. 🤔

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Didn't @SummitKarl host one where the El Paraiso restaurant is now. Had a charity raffle for a skier if I remember right.

Next year was when I was with YoPengo and first meet Barry Mac and his crew at some restaurant. 🤔
Yeah, he did but I believe it was specifically for the charity.
Fireman I'm talking about was Rick.
Moved out here, did pool cleaning but his back was not having, wife wanted to move back for grandkids, etc. I'm just blanking on screenname.😖

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Yeah, he did but I believe it was specifically for the charity.
Fireman I'm talking about was Rick.
Moved out here, did pool cleaning but his back was not having, wife wanted to move back for grandkids, etc. I'm just blanking on screenname.😖
Phebus

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
I hooked up with Jeff Murray and brought a 37 midnight to desert storm to haul the crew around.. this was one of the first big CC’s at the event and everyone was talking about it. It is just a monster (at the time).

We were rolling up the river doing about sixty and we were passing this 21’ IO open bow.. the guy driving looked left and 😳. Then he did a double take because everyone was standing drinking beers etc.. I will never forget the look on his face it was pure disbelief. View attachment 1111282 View attachment 1111283

I remember this! First center console I saw in Havasu, you guys were rolling around with the fuckin radar bar spinning all weekend. Ballers!

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score

The mexican restaurant. That's the one Phebus hosted.
That was in the EZKILLER era🤣😂

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score

We were rolling up the river doing about sixty and we were passing this 21’ IO open bow.. the guy driving looked left and 😳. Then he did a double take because everyone was standing drinking beers etc.. I will never forget the look on his face it was pure disbelief. View attachment 1111282 View attachment 1111283
That was the first time I touched SeaDek. Asked if you knew what it was, you didnt but got me the answer.
Was the first to put it in a Nordic, posted pics here. Lol, Thane scolded me for causing so many phone calls.

boatpi

Reaction score
Remember during an early DS with a Robinson R44 landed right at the edge of the channel and you go up for a buzz of Copper Canyon for about $60 ahead something like that.

wash11

Reaction score
This is the only pic I have of the actual first desert Storm after party. Lol. I wasn’t sure how to disperse the beer so I filled up the truck bed with beer and about six hundred pounds of ice.. lol

The people at smiths thought I was crazy when they asked how much ice do you want and I said “all of it.” 🤪 View attachment 1111275
This is the first time we crossed paths without knowing it. We had thrown a pretty big get together that night at our house on Offshore. Our deal was winding down, maybe 30 people left in the house and garage. Some of the late night crew came in and said some guys showed up with a literal truck load of icy beers and hooked everyone up. You have any idea how bad the beer farts are for a group that had been drinking Coors Light for three days then someone switches them to Budweiser products??? Somewhere I've got a great pic of a very young Stacy driving the beer truck that night.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Wasn’t the first get together at dolche? Maybe it wasn’t Dolche then. But there was a truck bed full of beer. I donated AO coolers and an Anchor Shade.

SummitKarl

LHC Architect
Reaction score

yes this was the actual first one, it was sponsored by HB and the proceeds went to Mike McGookin
@Ziggy you can't remember Phebus........but I bet your pervert memory will nail this........who was my hot prize girl at party...hint short hair blonde(had a carrera deck)

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
There was once a good Mexican restaurant near where Golden Corral Buffet later went in. Close what is now The Habit. The Mex place was 2 stories and made to look old. Don’t know why it closed.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
yes this was the actual first one, it was sponsored by HB and the proceeds went to Mike McGookin
@Ziggy you can't remember Phebus........but I bet your pervert memory will nail this........who was my hot prize girl at party...hint short hair blonde(had a carrera deck)
I knew HB was involved, didn't know the extent.
Rick I recalled but for some reason Phebus didn't come to me, knew it was 2 syllables😊
Prize girl??🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
Only shortish blonde on a red/white carrera deck I recall is Dana, mrs4B.

SummitKarl

LHC Architect
Reaction score
I knew HB was involved, didn't know the extent.
Rick I recalled but for some reason Phebus didn't come to me, knew it was 2 syllables😊
Prize girl??🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
Only shortish blonde on a red/white carrera deck I recall is Dana, mrs4B.
I new you would get it............as long as a bikini was involved 🤣

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
I won a bunch of stuff in the raffle at the Mexican Restaurant. A set of wheels and tires for the trailer, and an Ultra rain jacket that I still have...plus a couple other things. Phebus and Shebus = Rick and Linda. I still see them once in a while. We go to Del Mar for the horse races now and then. They are in San Clemente and happy.

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
There was once a good Mexican restaurant near where Golden Corral Buffet later went in. Close what is now The Habit. The Mex place was 2 stories and made to look old. Don’t know why it closed.
Wasn't it Hussongs and it burnt????????? Hell, that was over 35 years ago.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Wasn't it Hussongs and it burnt????????? Hell, that was over 35 years ago.
It was something Cantina. Perhaps Hussongs? Yes, believe there was a fire. Hussongs I best remember was in Ensenada.

Last edited:

Heylam

Reaction score
Pretty sure the Phebus party was at a place called Indigo Joe’s. I used to go there and play Golden Tee when I was in town. That party was super fun, my wife won a AO soft side cooler.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Pretty sure the Phebus party was at a place called Indigo Joe’s. I used to go there and play Golden Tee when I was in town. That party was super fun, my wife won a AO soft side cooler.
Winner winner👍

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
I thought it was at Wide Open Wings? I remember Wendi flashing Jay Nichols and Devin on the front patio and Scott made name tags for the members?
That was the first get together I remember. I did bring the "Hello, My Name Is:________" name tags. LOL.

The first After Party I remember was in the parking garage. For some reason, I don't remember the party with the beer in the back of the truck.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
That was the first get together I remember. I did bring the "Hello, My Name Is:________" name tags. LOL.

The first After Party I remember was in the parking garage. For some reason, I don't remember the party with the beer in the back of the truck.

That was before the parking garage

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I thought it was at Wide Open Wings? I remember Wendi flashing Jay Nichols and Devin on the front patio and Scott made name tags for the members?
I thought that was more about supporting Wade's new biz endeavor after his tragic family event but promoted via the forum. I recall it kinda overwhelmed them with too many people & loooong waits for food.
I've wondered what he did with the tables, several had pics from my early lower river days, 80s&90s pasted under the eurathane.
We just ate in there last weekend, its the Red Baron Pizza joint.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
I thought that was more about supporting Wade's new biz endeavor after his tragic family event but promoted via the forum. I recall it kinda overwhelmed them with too many people & loooong waits for food.
I've wondered what he did with the tables, several had pics from my early lower river days, 80s&90s pasted under the eurathane.
We just ate in there last weekend, its the Red Baron Pizza joint.

I remember going there that night as well , I don’t think we stayed though.

Heylam

Reaction score
Back before it was Dolce, it was Two Guys Italian restaurant. That’s where one of the early parties was. It was owned by Nick who now owns Nico's.

bk2drvr

Reaction score

The people at smiths thought I was crazy when they asked how much ice do you want and I said “all of it.” 🤪 View attachment 1111275
This pic and the comment from the other thread about the guy that met you in the keys years ago at night with hundreds of Budweisers had me wondering, what year did you switch to CL?

CHECKERED_PAST

Reaction score
The first underground garage party was epic! That was my first one with all you somebitches.
The pool party was a pre party and on a Wednesday if I remember correctly but shit gets faded for me that week hahaha.

wash11

Reaction score
This is the first time we crossed paths without knowing it. We had thrown a pretty big get together that night at our house on Offshore. Our deal was winding down, maybe 30 people left in the house and garage. Some of the late night crew came in and said some guys showed up with a literal truck load of icy beers and hooked everyone up. You have any idea how bad the beer farts are for a group that had been drinking Coors Light for three days then someone switches them to Budweiser products??? Somewhere I've got a great pic of a very young Stacy driving the beer truck that night.
Amy found the pic from that night for me 😁 . Look at that youngster!
179.jpg