WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Quote of the week!

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Each week I will select a funny or satirical quote from someone in this forum that has been posted in a thread from that week. I intend to pick quotes from all sides, so up-level your sarcasm and humor game! I will not post anything that is threatening, or disparaging. Just looking for some fun commentary that hopefully everyone can appreciate or smile at.

The first winner is @500bbc in the "Weather is Outstanding" thread.

If their property taxes were raised to an equitable level this behavior would stop-PBJ

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Looks like you need to rename this to “quote of the month.”

Just sayin... 😂

You are right. I will pick this up this evening!

It was a bit of a hectic week for me, and this slipped my mind.

Last edited:

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Maybe US members need to step up the quality of posts so that there are more to choose from. BTW, thanks for not bashing us for the quality of our posts as if we were a cheap T-shirt. :looking:

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
We have some co-winners this week as I missed last week. This one is not so much witty or funny, but I thought it was good to see again.

From @LowRiver2 in the Hey Lebron thread.

Letter to Lebron:
Deon is a damn good Cop:

Dear Lebron: I am not going to come at you from a place of hatred. There will be no name calling. I was raised to see the whole of a human being. Not to hyper focus on their flaws or make said flaws the whole of who they are. I’m an honest man. What you do for children, and other acts of charity shows a huge heart. You show to be a family man, and that’s to be respected. You play for the team my family has cheered for since the 1960s, then myself since 1979. But… Your current stance on policing is so off base and extreme. Your tweet that targeted a police officer in Ohio who saved a young woman’s life was irresponsible and disturbing. It showed a complete lack of understanding of the challenge of our job in the heat of a moment. You basically put a target on the back of a human being who had to make a split second decision to save a life from a deadly attack. A decision I know he and many others wish they never had to make. Especially when it involves someone so young. Instead of apologizing, you deflected. You said you took your tweet down because you did not want it to be used for hate, when the tweet itself was the embodiment of hatred, rooted in a lack of understanding of the danger of the situation. I don’t know if this will ever reach you, but my hope is that one day I can sit down with you and talk. As a man of faith, I can have no hatred toward you. But I do feel I can help you understand the reality of the profession of policing, and that there is another side you need to hear. You are tired of Black folks dying? So am I. You hate racism and police brutality? So do I. But you cannot paint 800,000 men and women who are of all races, faiths, sexual orientations and are also mothers, fathers, sons, daughters, preachers, coaches, community members and just human with such a broad and destructive brush. Unlike some who have dug their heals in the belief that police are inherently evil, I think if you yourself actually sat down and had a real honest and open conversation with a cop, there is a strong chance you may discover we are not the monsters you have come to believe we are, who deserve the hate and distain you have. And even if you come away feeling the same way, I could respect it, because at least you gave the other side your ear instead of only hearing one narrative. The offer is on the table Lebron. No cameras. No fanfare. Just two men who care talking. I know it’s a long shot. But this division and hatred must stop. It’s clear based on rising crime in marginalized communities that cops and the community need to build bridges to save lives on all sides. That cannot be done through the demonization of any group of people. Just putting it out in the universe brother. Even if not me, please take the time to talk to a police officer instead of judging them. No shade. Thanks for all the positive things you do.

And from @RitcheyRch for the comic relief from the same thread.

178934868_126990616142988_2116732271904395133_n.jpg

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Yes, not witty or funny by me but Deon is all that.
20+ years working/helping people on skid row:
I’m going to post another of his posts here in his honor: I think most inmates would agree:

From Officer Deon Joseph:

PLEASE STOP TELLING ME HOW TO BE A COP.

So a brilliant young man approaches me as I’m in my patrol car and says “Shit. All I’ve seen you do on this block is walk up and down then sit in your car then walk up and down again. Don’t you have real police work to do?” So I replied “Has anyone been shot or stabbed on this block, (one of the most dangerous ones in my area mind you) in the past three hours?” He said “Well... no but...” I think he got the point. Everyone who is not a cop keeps trying to tell me how to do my job. Clearly I’m doing a better job than he would. He would abandon people on a block riddled with crime. I’m staying right here. The “sit down technique” works folks. I’m keeping people safe. That’s police work. #idopoliceworkforreal

dnewps

Banned
Reaction score
I’m going to post another of his posts here in his honor: I think most inmates would agree:

So a brilliant young man approaches me as I’m in my patrol car and says “Shit. All I’ve seen you do on this block is walk up and down then sit in your car then walk up and down again. Don’t you have real police work to do?” So I replied “Has anyone been shot or stabbed on this block, (one of the most dangerous ones in my area mind you) in the past three hours?” He said “Well... no but...” I think he got the point. Everyone who is not a cop keeps trying to tell me how to do my job. Clearly I’m doing a better job than he would. He would abandon people on a block riddled with crime. I’m staying right here. The “sit down technique” works folks. I’m keeping people safe. That’s police work. #idopoliceworkforreal
I couldn’t imagine seeing the world from the underbelly. All the shit birds all day. I’m already skeptical enough! I don’t understand how a cop is able to look at regular people and tell the difference.

t&y

t&y
Reaction score

LOl... I've used that Sit Down Technique on more than a few occassions. Huge problem with street racing everywhere. So we decided for a bit to simply go right to where they always gather and just park in the middle of the street. Got to see some pretty cool rides that night as they drove by with a sad and confused kind of look. But what do you know.... no street racing. At least there was no racing until about an hour after we left for the end of shift 😂 ... I wonder what the change was? It's not nearly as fun as chasing people around and catching someone in the act, but mere presence is very advantageous at times.

500bbc

Reaction score

Why? I've watched Adam 12, Dragnet, Hawaii Five O, Streets of San Francisco and CSI.

I know what the fuck I'm talking about...

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
This weeks winner! From the “Well that looks bad in the surface” thread.

“Whitmer’s administration refuses to provide details of her Florida trip due to “ongoing security concerns.”

The trip was last fucking year.
Is she really worried about time-traveling assassins?

Fucking imbeciles.
The whole lot of ‘em.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
[/QUOTE

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
This weeks winner is @530RL from the RonnyRay thread

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
@Racey is this weeks winner, from The Real Pandemic thread

Cowardice.

A pandemic of cowardice. Everyone is afraid, afraid to speak out, afraid to push back on ridiculous rules, afraid of being cancelled, afraid of everything...

If you care about the future, the more you let them get away with today, the worse it will be tomorrow.

500bbc

Reaction score
Get off yer duff LOF!
Does this qualify?
Made my LOL

Monkeyswrench:

I mean this as politely as possible:
You sir, are a fuktard.

A commercial vehicle, parked on a city street, is probably something one may see every day. Of course, one may have to leave their gated communities to do so.
I have not owned an insurance company, but I have owned, and currently still do own, commercial vehicles. A loaded semi-truck...80,000lbs or so...traveling at a snails pace carries with it considerably more hazard than an empty truck, parked and immobile.
Making a claim that the truck is a hazard at rest, implies that a truck in motion is surely to dangerous to be allowed.

I wonder then, how is it manufacturers would get their product to market?

The fact of the matter is the decisions were made by the government, and their will imposed on the insurers. The companies would probably much rather have their monthly premiums, than cancel the contracts.

Doesn't sound at all like the free market you claim to love so much, does it?

Cheers!

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Get off yer duff LOF!
Does this qualify?
Made my LOL

Monkeyswrench:

I mean this as politely as possible:
You sir, are a fuktard.

A commercial vehicle, parked on a city street, is probably something one may see every day. Of course, one may have to leave their gated communities to do so.
I have not owned an insurance company, but I have owned, and currently still do own, commercial vehicles. A loaded semi-truck...80,000lbs or so...traveling at a snails pace carries with it considerably more hazard than an empty truck, parked and immobile.
Making a claim that the truck is a hazard at rest, implies that a truck in motion is surely to dangerous to be allowed.

I wonder then, how is it manufacturers would get their product to market?

The fact of the matter is the decisions were made by the government, and their will imposed on the insurers. The companies would probably much rather have their monthly premiums, than cancel the contracts.

Doesn't sound at all like the free market you claim to love so much, does it?

Cheers!

I'm good with that. I will reinstate this semi weekly update.

snowhammer

Exploratory Vacation Time
Reaction score
I'm not sure he'll come back? Returning after being banned would be difficult. He's gotta have his pride a bit wounded? I know I would be.
It would be a tough re entry, but it would be good to have him back.

He knew how to fill pages with responses, sometimes by striking a nerve, but not by intentionally attacking anyone's character.

The posters who left in full defiance with zero remorse will have an easier transition. They planted their flag already, right or wrong.

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
I'm not sure he'll come back? Returning after being banned would be difficult. He's gotta have his pride a bit wounded? I know I would be.
I hope this is not the case.That would really suck if he never returned.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I hope this is not the case.That would really suck if he never returned.

Thank you Whaler :)

I'm back and in truth, the return is pretty easy. Everyone that got pinched was given an opportunity to delete whatever offending remarks they made. I could have deleted a couple posts and had 0 repercussions. I chose not to. People would have said I received special treatment had I done that, because some have trouble comprehending the written word. Everyone chose not to delete much of anything, so what happened? The members that kept saying I was the problem won't be around for a few more weeks. Interesting how that works.

I'm no longer a mod here so I no longer have to pull any punches. :)