WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Anyone want a cat???

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
This cat has been living around my office for the past few weeks. We have been leaving water out for it along with food. Today he finally let me gain enough trust to turn his world upside down and put him in a copy paper box and take him to our vet. Lol Where I work is completely industrial with no houses…not sure how he got there.

7 to 8 months, no chip and has a couple small injuries but nothing major. Torn dew claw and a large scrape that is healing down his back, especially bad near his tail. I think he had a close call of some kind.

He isn’t feral and really wants attention. We put him in a room upstairs away from our 3 dogs and he is just chilling on the couch up there sleeping. I sat next to him to pet him and he started purring. He is pretty chill and wants all the attention he can get. He has a real vet appointment tomorrow morning for shots, some tests and maybe getting fixed. We don’t really want to put too much money in to him if we can’t keep him, which we can’t. We have 3 dogs, a dog door and live in an area that has a bunch of wildlife. He wouldn’t last long if he got out.

Located in Ahwatukee Foothills/Phoenix, AZ.

16AEB149-62EE-48DA-94E4-ECC82566EE95.jpeg

39369EB9-DD4C-40FA-8045-4805E55386EE.jpeg

Gramps

Older Member
Reaction score
I'm a sucker for rescuing cats and kittens...three rescues living here right now , two of them are almost 20 years old. A fourth has been visiting every few days. Thank you for caring for this cat

rrrr

Reaction score
That's a good looking kitty. I really appreciate you taking care of him and getting him healthy. I know it's an added expense, but having him neutered will eliminate the sad outcome that happens way too often, litters of starving little babies that become feral and live without the love of a caring family.

If we lived in the valley, I might be at your door this weekend, even though we already have four. My wife and I are suckers for those little guys. All of ours are rescue kitties.

My buddy Chuck is now seventeen, and he's not going to be around much longer. He's losing weight, and limping pretty badly. We got a prescription for buprenorphine last week to help ease the pain.

Here he's parked on my chest, purring and getting sleepy. I try to spend this quality time with him as much as I can.

IMG_20220206_222718423.jpg

cxr

Reaction score
classic internet prank had me in tears back in the day .... is your cat tasty:oops:

warpt71

Lower River Lover
Reaction score
I'm a cat person, but have 3. Good looking guy! Hope he finds a good home 👍👍

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
What a good looking cat. I Am sure that you will find a good home for him. And that video….😕😔😔😔

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
im a sucker for grey tabbies

if you can get him to me in the San Gabriel Valley area ill take him

should get along good with the three terrors i have
Probably needs to be an only and inside cat. Just tested positive for Feline Leukemia…while not fatal, is highly contagious to other cats.

I would have no problem meeting someone from SoCal halfway or more from PHX, if it is the right fit for the cat.

Last edited:

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
Todays update.
He’s been really good with us, the vet and even walked right by a dog at the vet and didn’t care. Our vet suggested a clinic that fixes cats for a lot less than they charge, that will be his next appointment. He’s been very friendly even with all the treatment he received today. Cleaning out the infected areas on his foot and back.

We both would like it if we could keep him but it wouldn’t be fair to him. Somebody is going to score.

As I wrote above, probably needs to be an inside/only cat as he tested positive for Feline Leukemia.

9EB6B173-2575-4443-B0F2-031E30A255DE.png
76F00C7C-D73C-4C9A-9238-FEDA923EC162.png
1AEA9598-CEAD-4339-B47F-0EE67C7125D2.jpeg

rrrr

Reaction score
Todays update.
He’s been really good with us, the vet and even walked right by a dog at the vet and didn’t care. Our vet suggested a clinic that fixes cats for a lot less than they charge, that will be his next appointment. He’s been very friendly even with all the treatment he received today. Cleaning out the infected areas on his foot and back.

We both would like it if we could keep him but it wouldn’t be fair to him. Somebody is going to score.

As I wrote above, probably needs to be an inside/only cat as he tested positive for Feline Leukemia.

View attachment 1115880 View attachment 1115881 View attachment 1115882

You're going above and beyond by helping him recover from those injuries. Maybe one person in a thousand would be so caring, and I commend you for taking on the effort and expense.

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
I love Cats but hate cat boxes. I once had a Calico cat, she was a killer. Rats, mice, you name it she would exterminate them.
When we had a cat, my wife always found interesting ways to hide a cat box. We had long cabinet/entertainment center with a bunch of pictures on it when you walked in the house. We cut a hole in the back of it and kept the front door closed. Cat walked through the hole in the back and all we had to do to clean it was open the door in the front. Made it better than just having a litter box out.

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
When we had a cat, my wife always found interesting ways to hide a cat box. We had long cabinet/entertainment center with a bunch of pictures on it when you walked in the house. We cut a hole in the back of it and kept the front door closed. Cat walked through the hole in the back and all we had to do to clean it was open the door in the front. Made it better than just having a litter box out.

I keep mine in the shower in the spare bathroom that never gets used. hides perfectly behind a shower curtain and easy access for cleaning.

Just Ducky

Reaction score
Good on you for helping the little guy. We have had many cats over the years and last year adopted a little guy we named Stevie from the havasu shelter. He had been found with another sibling at a construction site. He was taken in by a lady who volunteered at the shelter and was so young he had to be bottle fed. He was very small and she called him Sprout. Fast forward to a month or so ago when we had to hire a sitter for the kitty and our doggy. We had her come over for a meet and greet with the dog and kitty to go over the particulars and guess what?Our kitty is Sprout the one she fostered. She was almost in tears when he came out of the bedroom where he hides when new people come in the house.Hes part Maine coon and is now near 16 pounds and he is very handsome. The cool thing is he remembered her for sure. He walked up to her and smelled her and you could tell by the way he looked at her that he remembered her taking care of him.Hes got major personality and huge ass feet.

badgas

Reaction score
We are not a cat family becasue we are all allergic but I do like them. They are very cool animals IMO. Most people with a few cats the house smells like crap/litter box. I have a friend that has two inside cats and he has some rotating/ filtering litter box thing and his house does not smell at all. It is some thing that looks like a nap pod or a time machine : )

Thanks for saving the cat. sounds like you might be keeoping him at this point ?

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
We are not a cat family becasue we are all allergic but I do like them. They are very cool animals IMO. Most people with a few cats the house smells like crap/litter box. I have a friend that has two inside cats and he has some rotating/ filtering litter box thing and his house does not smell at all. It is some thing that looks like a nap pod or a time machine : )

Thanks for saving the cat. sounds like you might be keeoping him at this point ?
Don’t plan on keeping him but will keep him until we find the right home for him. He had to be someones’ kitten, he is super friendly, had no issues using the litter box right away and has put up with the vet visits without any issues.

We think someone dumped him.

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score

When I had a cat (petless atm) when cleaned daily the litter box never has a smell?

In my experiences the cat smelly house comes from not cleaning it daily. It can get a little ripe then lol.

I've house sat for lots of friends cats, some of the poor guys had boxes overflowing when I showed up! Crazy how people have different levels of "ideal care" for their animals.

Your ad here

Reaction score
You know you'll be in tears when he goes to a new home. Keep him for awhile and see how he acclimates to his new house, his new humans, and his new 4 legged friends. <--- Care takers of cats will get that one. When it comes to litter boxes you have to get the Tupperware type. Tall sides with a lid that has a hole in it. If you have a lazy cat, a plastic 17 gallon moving tote with a hole cut into the end works well but leave a 4" lip at the bottom otherwise they'll throw all the litter out.

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
I keep mine in the shower in the spare bathroom that never gets used. hides perfectly behind a shower curtain and easy access for cleaning.

I am sorry, I do not know the story that was referenced earlier in this thread.

If you would like the cat, I will meet you half way between us and Texas. We just want the best situation for him…he has a great personality.

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
I just lost my 6 yr old Bengal on Tuesday after a year long battle with cancer. I appreciate the offer and what you are doing for this little fella but a Tabby is not in the cards for me this time around, would just be too much of a reminder of him. It sounds like you will find him a good home in no time though.

Riverbottom

Reaction score
im a sucker for grey tabbies

if you can get him to me in the San Gabriel Valley area ill take him

should get along good with the three terrors i have

Andy, I hope you get it. No one takes better of their cats than you. What a great find.

cxr

Reaction score
I’m trying to understand
back around sometime when the internet was newer :eek:
someone posted an forum exchange.... i cant find it now
but a guys was giving out free kittens
someone replied he would take them all
theres some going back and forth
and right b4 the kittens was supposed to be picked up
the receiver had one last question... were the kitties tasty
WTF.. there was some back and forth
turned to the guy wanted to feed to his snake :eek: (obvious prank now)
then the hilarity ensued and they went back and forth

guess you had to be there.

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
We have Weird Bob. He earned that name..... He was a rescue when we got him with the name. We added the Weird part as if fit. He is now 19.5 years old and struggling a little. He has had a heart condition that within reason is untreatable since he was about 5-6. He shouldn't have lived through the initial discovery and was then told a few months at best. He is not the snuggly or friendly cat but he is ours and we all work it out. He has his moments and charm though. Currently he is having matting issues. At first glance he is a short hair, but then you realize it is a little longer and that his hair isn't straight. Its like he has a micro perm. We had to get him clippered on his back and sides two years ago and it looks like we are going to have to do it again. He has never been a strong groomer and getting old hasn't helped.

When he retires we will definitely be getting another cat or two. I love them. He doesn't deal well with other cats and at 19+ we can't do that to him.

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
sounds like your keeping him 😉
Really don’t want to, would prefer to find him a better home. We don’t want a 10 plus year commitment to a pet…our dogs are all older and after them, we are done. We want a little more freedom to travel etc. without having to find a pet sitter.

Plus, we still live in an area with a lot of wildlife and if he gets out the dog door, he won’t make it. For now, my wife is home during the day, so she closes it so he can’t get out and he gets to roam.

We really want to find him a better situation. Don’t get me wrong, we really enjoy him and his personality but he deserves something better.

Your ad here

Reaction score
Really don’t want to, would prefer to find him a better home. We don’t want a 10 plus year commitment to a pet…our dogs are all older and after them, we are done. We want a little more freedom to travel etc. without having to find a pet sitter.

Plus, we still live in an area with a lot of wildlife and if he gets out the dog door, he won’t make it. For now, my wife is home during the day, so she closes it so he can’t get out and he gets to roam.

We really want to find him a better situation. Don’t get me wrong, we really enjoy him and his personality but he deserves something better.
I get the travel part and time to spend with your wife. Bet you're gonna cry the day he goes to his new home.

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
I get the travel part and time to spend with your wife. Bet you're gonna cry the day he goes to his new home.
We will definitely be sad, it’s been fun to have a cat in the house again. We have actually turned down a couple people who wanted him. I creeped on one ladies facebook page after she reached out to us…fucking idiot has lost 3 cats because she has dogs, with a dog door and lives in the same area as us.

We want to find him a great home…not just to get rid of him.

jadenchick

Reaction score
I love him!!!!

I keep checking for an update on him.

Roosky01

Reaction score
I am allergic as heck to cats and believe I hate most every cat in existence, but I wouldn't care if one of these showed up at my door...

1654323226088.png

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
I am allergic as heck to cats and believe I hate most every cat in existence, but I wouldn't care if one of these showed up at my door...

View attachment 1122683

Bengals are great! My mom used to breed them. Our last two were F3's(supposed to have an exotic pet license) passed away a couple years ago. They are cool as hell. Servals are pretty cool pets also!