WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Bed Cover Advice.

BoatCop

Retired And Loving It.
Reaction score
I had a 1 piece full coverage fiberglass top on my last truck, and none (currently) on my now truck. I want a hard cover, but not the hassle of having to remove it (like the last one) every time I need to transport something over-size.

I think that this folding one is what I'm looking for, without breaking the bank. Anybody have any experience, good or bad, with the BAKFlip MX4? It'll be going on a 2019 Silverado 1500 Legacy Body 6'6" bed.

Thanks in advance!

Icky

Reaction score
I have the bakflip mx4 on my 2013 ram. It's not 100% water proof around the edges but it keeps everything dry and clean. It folds up all the way against you rear window so it give you most of your bed vs some of the rolling covers. If someone really wants in it, I'm sure it would be easy to break into, but then again most of them are.

paradise

Spooner
Reaction score
We’ve had the extang encore on 5-6 trucks and really liked them all. 👍

Roosky01

Reaction score
I have had an Extang Encore for the last 6 years. I love that you can open the front panel by itself easy to access front of the bed and with 2 folds and 2 unclips, I can lift it right off to haul big stuff.

There are a lot of great options out there, but this one has worked out great for me.😎

J&k beer can

Reaction score
Bak flip..
Had on my 14 durmax.
Just got another one on the 19 durmax I bought.. easy to install.
output_image1652962717657.jpg

WildWilly

Reaction score
I've had 3 bakflips in a row, and the latest one the mx4 is even better than the last. highly reccommend them

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
I’ve had several bakflips, great customer service, lifetime guarantee, one of the locking handles broke on mine and they overnighted me a replacement after having it for a few years.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Mine is not a flip. But the Retrax ProMx has been great. But I have a long bed, so not worried about the canister that takes up part of the bed.
We are on #3 of Retrax having to ship replacements to the in laws cabin for their f250 that stays there. No one is there full time, so there's only limited weekends that my FIL, BIL, or I are there to deal with it. Every single one had come in with the drum busted to shit. Would never consider buying another. After the last one he did a different brand without issue. Looks like a great product but inspect thoroughly before installing.