WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Hells Angels weekend at the River

River Runner

Reaction score
Is it the weekend before memorial when the Hells Angels basically take over Parker?

tazzio

Reaction score
I am a fairly new member, this is my first time on boards, but I know for a fact that the Hells Angels are not going to Parker this year.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Welcome to the board!

For the life of me I don't understand what the big deal is about motorcycle clubs going to Parker. I've been out there during several of the runs. They seem to stick to their own and don't bother anybody. Most river guys are out on the water so they don't really cross paths except at the bar..

So other then the fact that maybe a couple of them could use a shower after a few days of riding / camping they don't bother me much..

RD

sangermike

Reaction score
whats the big deal hell they even share thier woman. :skull :eek:uttahere:

500bbc

Reaction score
The Vagos were out in force this weeekend.

A toon went by with a big green banner with:D IE Vagos on it.

lawbreaker2

Reaction score
If they start anything just take them for a long boat ride, 2 out 1 back:D don't take no shit from these guys.:champagne:

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
So what is a Vagos? Wikipedia doesn't even know.

The Vagos are another 1% motorcycle club.
They get along OK with the HA's.

HA's current enemies are the Mongols who have re-grouped and expanded their membership since the Laughlin incident.

The HA's are also at odds with a Northeast M/C group called the "Greenbriar Boys".

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
The HA's problems with the Mongols began at Sturgis when the (now deceased) Mongols president told CBS news "They [The Hells Angels] aren't here because we're here."

"Within 2 hours of that statement airing on the nightly news about 60% of the USA HA's were in route to Sturgis" - Again, a statement by Sonny Barger in his book Hells Angel.

Last edited:

AZJD

Lynch's River Mob
Reaction score

HA's current enemies are the Mongols who have re-grouped and expanded their membership since the Laughlin incident.

The HA's are also at odds with a Northeast M/C group called the "Greenbriar Boys".

Re grouped as in had their patches revoked by a federal Judge. lol

I believe they are renamed now but using the logo. Not exactly sure if the name can be used or not.

Director...
Reaction score

Grand high exaulted ruler of the Mongols......Tom Brown...:eek:

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score

I believe they are renamed now but using the logo. Not exactly sure if the name can be used or not.

They are still wearing their full colors here in Calif.

Here's some interesting 1% reading but it's in-accurate as far as the Vagos relationship is with the HA's and Mongols I'm told.

Vagos Motorcycle Club
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Vagos MC)
Jump to: navigation, search
Vagos MC Founded 1965
In Corona, California[1]
Years active 1965-present
Territory Southwestern United States and Northern Mexico
Ethnicity White
Membership 600 full-patch members[1][2]
Criminal activities Drug trafficking, arms dealing, auto theft, extortion, money laundering, prostitution and murder[3]
Allies Bandidos, Mongols and Sureños[citation needed]
Rivals Brother Speed, Free Souls, Gypsy Jokers and Hells Angels[4] (Not last I heard)

The Vagos Motorcycle Club, also known as the Green Nation, is a one-percenter motorcycle gang that was formed in the 1960s in the Temescal Valley south of Corona, California. The gang originally was called "the Psychos".[1] The club's insignia is Loki, the Norse god of mischief, riding a motorcycle and members commonly wear green.[5] The Federal Bureau of Investigation as well as the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives have named the Vagos as an outlaw motorcycle club, claiming that they are involved in criminal activities such as producing, transporting and distributing methamphetamine and marijuana, as well as assault, extortion, insurance fraud, money laundering, murder, vehicle theft, witness intimidation and weapons violations.[6] The Vagos have approximately 600 members among 24 chapters located in the states of Arizona, California, Hawaii, Nevada, Oregon, Utah and three chapters located in Mexico.[1][7] 200 members are in Riverside County, where the gang was started in the late 1960s.[8][1]
[edit] Criminal activities

Four members of the Vagos were convicted in 1974 for the murder and mutilation of University of New Mexico student William Velten. The four, Richard Greer, Ronald Keine, Clarence Smith and Thomas Gladish, spent 17 months on death row. Their case was in the appeals process when Kerry Rodney Lee, an informant for the Drug Enforcement Administration, confessed to the murder.[9]

In October 1998, a two-year undercover investigation of the Vagos resulted in the arrests of more than a dozen people for kidnapping, and drug and weapons crimes, and in September 2004, a state investigation involving the gang led to the arrests of 26 people and the seizure of more than $125,000 in cash, drugs and guns.[10]

On March 9, 2006, twenty-five Vagos members and associates were arrested on firearms and drug violations charges following one of the largest coordinated law enforcement probes ever conducted in Southern California. The operation, known as "Operation 22 Green", involved around 700 personnel from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives and local police and sheriff's departments. Ninety-five illegal firearms, illegal drugs, $6,000 in cash and two stolen motorcycles were also seized.[11]

In December 2007, six members of the Vagos were arrested and accused of beating and robbing a member who intended to leave the club. The victim was allegedly attacked at the Custom Motorcycle auto shop in Grants Pass, Oregon then taken to his home where the attackers robbed him, in August 2007. In February of 2010 the ex-president of the chapter involved was acquitted of all charges relating to robbery assault and kidnapping.[12]

Three Vagos members were arrested on June 9th and 10th, 2009 and charged with sexually assaulting a woman in San Jose, California.[13] Police investigators told the San Jose Mercury News that the victim met the three men in a nightclub on May 4, 2009 and that they had offered to drive her home, but instead they took her to the Vagos clubhouse on Kings Row where she was beaten and sexually assaulted.[14][15]

On March 17, 2010, amid allegations that Vagos members have been attempting to use home-made booby traps to maim and kill police detectives in Hemet, California[16] police arrested at least 31 Vagos members in a multistate raid which took place in Utah, Nevada, Arizona, and California and involved some 400 police officers from 60 law enforcement agencies. As many as 73 locations were hit in Southern California, where police seized weapons and drugs and discovered a methamphetamine lab.[17][1]. On December 31, 2009 the unmarked headquarters of the Hemet Gang Task Force was filled up by natural gas which had been rerouted into the building through a hole drilled in the roof. Two task force members entering the office smelled gas and backed away before flipping the light switch and possibly causing the building to explode. The day before that attack, a Vagos funeral was held at a church next to the office. On February 23, 2010 a task force member at the Hemet headquarters opened a security gate outside the building, which launched a homemade zip gun attached to the gate. The weapon fired but missed the officer's head by inches. On March 5, 2010 a task force member who had parked an unmarked police car in front of a convenience store in Hemet found a homemade pipe bomb hidden underneath the vehicle. A $200,000 reward has been announced by California and federal authorities for information on these cases.[18]. California Attorney General Jerry Brown called the attempts "urban terrorism."[19] Riverside County District Attorney Rod Pacheco said that Vagos members posed an "extreme threat" to law enforcement officers and were notorious for trying to "infiltrate" public safety agencies, either by getting sworn or non-sworn positions, working undercover to obstruct and dismantle police investigations.[20][1]

Last edited:

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
I have seen a Vagos AZ patch in BHC....Somewhat surprised to see that and he was by himself. Maybe from Kingman????

LakeMeadLavey

Reaction score

Correct. I saw one just 2 weekends ago in Agoura, Ca. He was solo and was wearing his Mongol patches loud and proud. I heard they overturned that Federal ban?

Big Kahunaa

Reaction score
I have seen a Vagos AZ patch in BHC....Somewhat surprised to see that and he was by himself. Maybe from Kingman????

there is alot of vagos in the tri state area a few devils diciples patched over

69 1/2

Reaction score
I remember hearing about the Hells Angels as a little kid in the 60s but assumed it ended just about as fast as it started. Have they actually been an organized club all this time? Wasn't it a drug/theft ring?

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
The Vagos were out this weekend in Parker. they rented out the upstairs of Roadrunner for their party. Roadrunner was littered with Green and there were no instances that I know of. From what I have experienced, The MC's pretty much stick to themselves and are there for a good time just like we are. I sat and shot the shit with quite a few of them over the course of the weekend. As with all groups (including boaters) there are the douchebags, but the higher up seem to do a good job of keeping them in check. Alot fo them had their families out there with them. and were members from all over the place, Utah, tri state, AZ, IE, etc..

It is a Fact that the HAs will not be in PArker this year. I was told they tend to mix things up every couple years. to avoid a "Laughlin" or "Sturgis". The HAs usually rent out foxes and have their party there.

SFV2RVR

Registered Parker Legend
Reaction score
Boardshorts and Leather jackets! :gayfight

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
there is alot of vagos in the tri state area a few devils diciples patched over

During the Laughlin Run we ran up to Oatman. We were getting ready to leave and some DD pulled up. I didn't know it at the time but I talked to the President of the DD and told him we were leaving and they could have all our spots. They sat patiently and waited for us all to leave. I did notice a helicopter followed them in there.

I did not know that the DD were patching over to Vagos.....I was just surprised to see a AZ lower for a Vago.

PVHCA

Reaction score

The ruling was overturned last year so they can show their name and colors all they want.

Here's some interesting 1% reading but it's in-accurate as far as the Vagos relationship is with the HA's and Mongols I'm told.

Vagos Motorcycle Club
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Vagos MC)
Jump to: navigation, search
Vagos MC Founded 1965
In Corona, California[1]
Years active 1965-present
Territory Southwestern United States and Northern Mexico
Ethnicity White
Membership 600 full-patch members[1][2]
Criminal activities Drug trafficking, arms dealing, auto theft, extortion, money laundering, prostitution and murder[3]
Allies Bandidos, Mongols and Sureños[citation needed]
Rivals Brother Speed, Free Souls, Gypsy Jokers and Hells Angels[4] (Not last I heard)

The Vagos Motorcycle Club, also known as the Green Nation, is a one-percenter motorcycle gang that was formed in the 1960s in the Temescal Valley south of Corona, California. The gang originally was called "the Psychos".[1] The club's insignia is Loki, the Norse god of mischief, riding a motorcycle and members commonly wear green.[5] The Federal Bureau of Investigation as well as the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives have named the Vagos as an outlaw motorcycle club, claiming that they are involved in criminal activities such as producing, transporting and distributing methamphetamine and marijuana, as well as assault, extortion, insurance fraud, money laundering, murder, vehicle theft, witness intimidation and weapons violations.[6] The Vagos have approximately 600 members among 24 chapters located in the states of Arizona, California, Hawaii, Nevada, Oregon, Utah and three chapters located in Mexico.[1][7] 200 members are in Riverside County, where the gang was started in the late 1960s.[8][1]
[edit] Criminal activities

Four members of the Vagos were convicted in 1974 for the murder and mutilation of University of New Mexico student William Velten. The four, Richard Greer, Ronald Keine, Clarence Smith and Thomas Gladish, spent 17 months on death row. Their case was in the appeals process when Kerry Rodney Lee, an informant for the Drug Enforcement Administration, confessed to the murder.[9]

In October 1998, a two-year undercover investigation of the Vagos resulted in the arrests of more than a dozen people for kidnapping, and drug and weapons crimes, and in September 2004, a state investigation involving the gang led to the arrests of 26 people and the seizure of more than $125,000 in cash, drugs and guns.[10]

On March 9, 2006, twenty-five Vagos members and associates were arrested on firearms and drug violations charges following one of the largest coordinated law enforcement probes ever conducted in Southern California. The operation, known as "Operation 22 Green", involved around 700 personnel from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives and local police and sheriff's departments. Ninety-five illegal firearms, illegal drugs, $6,000 in cash and two stolen motorcycles were also seized.[11]

In December 2007, six members of the Vagos were arrested and accused of beating and robbing a member who intended to leave the club. The victim was allegedly attacked at the Custom Motorcycle auto shop in Grants Pass, Oregon then taken to his home where the attackers robbed him, in August 2007. In February of 2010 the ex-president of the chapter involved was acquitted of all charges relating to robbery assault and kidnapping.[12]

Three Vagos members were arrested on June 9th and 10th, 2009 and charged with sexually assaulting a woman in San Jose, California.[13] Police investigators told the San Jose Mercury News that the victim met the three men in a nightclub on May 4, 2009 and that they had offered to drive her home, but instead they took her to the Vagos clubhouse on Kings Row where she was beaten and sexually assaulted.[14][15]

On March 17, 2010, amid allegations that Vagos members have been attempting to use home-made booby traps to maim and kill police detectives in Hemet, California[16] police arrested at least 31 Vagos members in a multistate raid which took place in Utah, Nevada, Arizona, and California and involved some 400 police officers from 60 law enforcement agencies. As many as 73 locations were hit in Southern California, where police seized weapons and drugs and discovered a methamphetamine lab.[17][1]. On December 31, 2009 the unmarked headquarters of the Hemet Gang Task Force was filled up by natural gas which had been rerouted into the building through a hole drilled in the roof. Two task force members entering the office smelled gas and backed away before flipping the light switch and possibly causing the building to explode. The day before that attack, a Vagos funeral was held at a church next to the office. On February 23, 2010 a task force member at the Hemet headquarters opened a security gate outside the building, which launched a homemade zip gun attached to the gate. The weapon fired but missed the officer's head by inches. On March 5, 2010 a task force member who had parked an unmarked police car in front of a convenience store in Hemet found a homemade pipe bomb hidden underneath the vehicle. A $200,000 reward has been announced by California and federal authorities for information on these cases.[18]. California Attorney General Jerry Brown called the attempts "urban terrorism."[19] Riverside County District Attorney Rod Pacheco said that Vagos members posed an "extreme threat" to law enforcement officers and were notorious for trying to "infiltrate" public safety agencies, either by getting sworn or non-sworn positions, working undercover to obstruct and dismantle police investigations.[20][1]

The Hemet deal was caused by a skinhead group.

I remember hearing about the Hells Angels as a little kid in the 60s but assumed it ended just about as fast as it started. Have they actually been an organized club all this time? Wasn't it a drug/theft ring?

The HA's are very much still a MC club, the largest, wealthiest and probably the most powerful of all of them.

500bbc

Reaction score
Now wait a minute.. If their gonna be out on the water n shit I might have to re-think my position a bit here.. :D

RD

:D There was two of 'em with their old ladies on an old toon.

I idled by your place on Friday............I think it might of pizzed off the neighbors.:champagne:

bruddah

Reaction score
its usually the weekend before memorial.... most of the HA's ive encountered are real cool and like already said are there to have a good time and not cause any trouble.

Director...
Reaction score
2168268_f520.jpg

HAOLE562

The Member
Reaction score
I know the 'River Ratz' Parker Chapter will be invading the Tube float June 5th. Party at The Rio.. :drnkfr

Reaction score
You guys relax. I will put a call into to them and tell them to be nice. Jesus H:eek:uttahere:

Gelcoater

Reaction score
uhh,yeah. you never see these guys?you can usually spot them easy,their jackets are well worn,not newish like the weekend rider,that and club colors also their bikes are a little less polished and bling.here in the IE many bars have a sign at the entrance stating "no colors/club jackets inside" :skull

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
… I will never forget the summer at Bass Lake probably ‘63 or ‘64… I believe it was the first time that the Hells Angels showed up in force… I can’t remember if anything went on… I wasn’t old enough to go to the bars…

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
… I will never forget the summer at Bass Lake probably ‘63 or ‘64… I believe it was the first time that the Hells Angels showed up in force… I can’t remember if anything went on… I wasn’t old enough to go to the bars…
As a youth I loved the orange county cycle swap meet. Not so much for the swap meet but the topless biker chics!

Lucky Larry

Reaction score
Looked like just a traffic stop across river and then about 10-15 cops, sirens blaring. Then they landed a helo over there. Upriver traffic still shut down or just now moving. Heard/ saw a bunch of bikers heading towards town after helo left.

Attachments

• IMG_6615.MOV
    8.7 MB

Roosky01

Reaction score
I was in a bar 25’ish years ago and a pile of Outlaws came in. I’d guess there were 25 or 30 of them. Every one of them seemed cool except one. He just happened to be the smallest one of the group and had the biggest mouth.

One thing I can say is they have their brothers back no matter how much of an ass or in the wrong one of their own is. They will back their colors no matter what.

Two locals, who didn’t start shit, were hauled outta there all fucked up and I was thankful to not be brought into that mess. It was like a pack of wild dogs. They are criminals and deserve absolutely no reverence, IMO.

Rondog4405

Reaction score
I'll tell u a story.. so a about 14-15 years I'm ago.. prob longer. We are chilling at the village pub .in palm springs... not sure what was going on. Anyways.. I'm sitting way down bar .. there's a full crowd of black dudes and chick's. The Mongols roll in and fill the bar. I'm talking at least 30 heads.. so some chick gets crazy with her man. (Black) .. throws a bottle of beer down bar at him. Misses. Hits a innocent bystander chilling next to me right in the nose. Blood drippiing every where . Busted his nose . The Mongols catch wind of this shit and swoop in on the girl. We roll out .. as we scoot out we hear sirens and mayhem as we get outta.out of of dodge. Those Mongols put the smash down on those chick's and thier guys.

Boatymcboatface

Reaction score
I think I’ve told this one here before but when my mom used to work for the San Bernardino health department she would take us on a lot of her home visits. We’ll one of those homes was a HA home and pretty high up one at that. Not sure why but one of the guys talks my
Mom into letting him “baptize” my brother. He was really young don’t remember how old. So he takes my brother and spits on his forehead and “baptized” him!

I’ll leaves names out we’ll just because but this was in the early 70s-80s.

Englewood

Reaction score
I know many HA’s. They are normal people who have no desire to cause any problems without being provoked. Cause problems with them and that’s another story. You will regret it.

My son and I were in Havasu Springs and there was a 4-door Roll’s Royce all blacked out parked out front. My son loves cars and was admiring it. Owner walks out with HA t-shirt on and shows my kid the whole car inside and out. Easily could’ve said GTFOH kid. They are normal people who stick to themselves. I believe he was a Havasu guy who dies on way to Sturgis?

dspracing

Reaction score
Friday afternoon undercover cops had 3 HA stopped at the corner of mulberry and LHA.

dribble

Reaction score

It was the Vagos who were in the shootout at the Nugget in Reno that killed the San Jose HA chapter President at Street Vibrations in 2011. A few years later a Vago was shot and died while riding his bike to Street Vibrations. There was a huge brawl between the two clubs in Santa Cruz in 2018. I wouldn’t say these guys get along that well.

I’m far from being an outlaw but have been in the presence both groups. This past year at Street Vibrations we somehow ended up with the Vagos at their party house. They were very respectful to us. Each member and prospect walked up to me, shook my hand and introduced himself. My GF had a lot to drink and the chapter President picked her up and put her on the back of my bike when we left. One thing though. I don’t think that Air BnB will be renting to them anymore. It was a good time.

Last edited:

nameisbond

Reaction score
The HA's have a big presence here. A big clubhouse in my local area and another in the neighboring town. Plus they have a big ranch in Nanaimo on the island. You see them all the time here. They keep a pretty low profile. But we have a gang war and sometimes they are mixed up in that.

That Guy

Rack em'
Reaction score
My brother-in-law is a bouncer/bartender at Cooks Corner here in So. CA. It is a motorcycle bar and we regularly see Vagos, Mongols, an occasional HA and others. I've talked with many of them and for the most part they've been very cool. I was sitting next to a Mongol at the bar one night and I was telling this ridiculously funny story (at least in my mind :oops:) and I was apparently hitting the guy in the arm as I was telling my story. My Brother-in-law comes up to me and says "I advise you to stop hitting him". All good, but I stopped.....:D