WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

19 kids and 2 teachers shot dead in Texas

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
You must have missed the kerfuffle a while back?
I read the kerfuffle, but didn't seem to be where I'd put my energy. Everyone has their outlook, but everyone has their job and how they do it. In the grand scheme of things, they are not my enemy. Hell, there may come a time when those on that side of the law will need help from those of us more "left of the law"...they won't admit it now, as most on my side of the fence can't see a potential need to break bread with them. When it comes right down to it, I'm just as likely to offer help to the cop in question, as I am you or nganga.
It seems rather senseless to argue about what really equates to nothing...as the three arguing have obviously NOT DIED! Call me odd, but I have much more important stuff to deal with. In my life, I have been around gunfire and bloodshed. I worry more each day I'll be around it again. For the time being, everyone has made it back to their families. I prefer to save my anger and hatred for those who really want me dead, not hypothetically.
I'd have no problem making the ultimate sacrifice, but I'd have a real big fucking problem spending the rest of my life in prison if I did what needed to be done and it didn't fit dept. protocol and destroyed my life and that of my family. LEO hands are tied tight by beaurocracy and Karens.
The good thing about being broke, and not being LE...a lot less to worry about. Life in prison, or my own death, would be a small price. I'd rather my own kids think I did something with honor, and saved someone else's. My kids are a bit older, high school now. I'd pray they understood. They are bigger, older, and have been taught, I hope, well.
The inability of the cops to act allowed the scales to tip, allowing those children to die. There is a balance that can be maintained, if people act for the good of others, and not their own best interests.

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
Whatta you know, seems to be the case in damn near EVERY mass shooting these days and I won’t be surprised to see it with Texas.

1653629651148.jpg

The eff bee eye is a cancer to our nation at this point, they need to be cut out. 🖕

CALEXODUS

Reaction score
Some reports filtering in that Leo’s where allowed in to extract their kids or family members kids while the rest of the Leo’s where keeping parents at bay as shown in the videos…..and not entering for fear of “getting shot” as was stated.
If true, it paints a real bad picture, adding to the accusations already posted.

Same thing happened in the Florida nightclub massacre, waited to enter for almost an hour while people bled out….

Amazing story of the BP officers racing 40 miles and storming the place while the rest of those highly paid and generous retirement Leo’s stood around, terrible on all accounts. Sickening all around.

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
Who traveled from 40mi away to do so😳 shits not adding up..

But hats off the the BP guy that came to take action!

I’m just saying, what would normally be a no brainer for LEO now probably has a lot of them taking a minute to think about the unintended consequences…those are minutes that count.

Skinny Tire AH

This ain't all folks! Skater368
Reaction score
Some reports filtering in that Leo’s where allowed in to extract their kids or family members kids while the rest of the Leo’s where keeping parents at bay as shown in the videos…..and not entering for fear of “getting shot” as was stated.
If true, it paints a real bad picture, adding to the accusations already posted.

Same thing happened in the Florida nightclub massacre, waited to enter for almost an hour while people bled out….

Amazing story of the BP officers racing 40 miles and storming the place while the rest of those highly paid and generous retirement Leo’s stood around, terrible on all accounts. Sickening all around.
Word.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
The LEOs did exactly what they have trained to do for a large casualty incident. They showed up, established a perimeter and set about working through the Incident Command System. An IC was most likely established, and he designated a PAO, Liaison Officer and a Safety Officer, and established an Operations Section. The LO is probably the one that put out the call for a tactical unit and the Boarder Patrol guys were likely the closest. Until the BP guys got on site the IC is going to hold any action. It is all very orderly.

I'd bet money they have tabletopped this exact scenario and followed that game plan.

just_floatin

Reaction score
The LEOs did exactly what they have trained to do for a large casualty incident. They showed up, established a perimeter and set about working through the Incident Command System. An IC was most likely established, and he designated a PAO, Liaison Officer and a Safety Officer, and established an Operations Section. The LO is probably the one that put out the call for a tactical unit and the Boarder Patrol guys were likely the closest. Until the BP guys got on site the IC is going to hold any action. It is all very orderly.

I'd bet money they have tabletopped this exact scenario and followed that game plan.
Following Protocol you say 🙄
👇🏽
E270B62F-D682-42EB-AED6-4E0D0E245C17.jpeg

TeamGreene

Reaction score
I’m not disagreeing with you and these type of suggestions are coming from an honest place but suggestions like these are only treating the symptom and not the problem. You’re also viewing this from a sound mind and body. When dealing with a crazy person your suggestion just has him killing children when he turns 21 rather than 18.

We have to get to the root of the issue. We had guns in every household 50+ years ago and didn’t have school shootings. Not to this degree and frequency at least.

Something has changed and it’s rooted in our culture. There’s no greater opportunity for a unanimous bipartisan solution than now but that solution is not going to be found in a single gun control movement law. Any gun control laws will not change these mass shootings and any talk of gun control measures is just noise to distract us from the real answer.

I’m not trying to minimize what happened yesterday but these insane individuals who carry out these heinous acts are less than one-tenth of one percent of gun owners. Gun laws only hurt the other 99.9% of law-abiding citizens and yet we’ll continue to have school shootings while simultaneously restricting access to guns.

It’s interesting that kids are dying by gunfire in the inner cities like Chicago & LA and nobody bats an eye.

Something is screwy is going on and it should scare us all.

The answer is in the culture IMO...
Agreed, it starts at home. Start parenting, STOP medicating

Badchoices03

Reaction score
👇🏽
View attachment 1120105

The mom grabbed her kid from a different classroom on the other side of the school...but nonetheless, seeing that video of LE standing around fully kitted and doing nothing, is infuriating...

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
👇🏽
View attachment 1120105

I'm not following this minute by minute and I'm not making excuses for the cops not going in. But I've sat through enough ICS classes and disaster exercises to see why the police didn't rush the building. We fight like we train...

just_floatin

Reaction score
@Badchoices03 & @Sleek-Jet “Kettle meet Pot.”
Seriously is that the best you guys got?
Heaven forbid your love ones are ever in such a situation as you sit it out. Oh wait…..we will rescue our love ones first. Carry on….
A2FF6124-E0DC-4062-89FB-7C8F6FDD3163.jpeg
D2960D74-C3EB-4839-8036-9055BB6C13C5.jpeg

Badchoices03

Reaction score
@Badchoices03 & @Sleek-Jet “Kettle meet Pot.”
Seriously is that the best you guys got?
Heaven forbid your love ones are ever in such a situation as you sit it out. Oh wait…..we will rescue our love ones first. Carry on….
View attachment 1120107 View attachment 1120108

WTF are you talking about??? Thanks for posting something most of us have already read, great insight!! I literally have said in this thread that its complete BS that those cops stood around and did nothing, I also said that those parents there showed great restraint, because if it was my kid, none of those cops would have stopped me from crashing my truck right through the door of that classroom...my only comment on the lady rescuing her kid, was that I have seen in multiple places people asking how was she able to go in and rescue her kid, but yet these officers couldn't save the ones that were killed, and a big part of that is because her kid was not in the classroom that the shitbag was barricaded in, her kid was in a different class on the other side of the school...and like I said in my comment above, either way seeing them standing around is infuriating to me....

clarence

Reaction score
A Texas Department of Public Safety official said responding officers were cautious as they entered Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas because “they could’ve been shot.”

They should be more worries about living with themselves.

EmpirE231

Reaction score

I'm not following this minute by minute and I'm not making excuses for the cops not going in. But I've sat through enough ICS classes and disaster exercises to see why the police didn't rush the building. We fight like we train...
I thought for school shooting scenarios, after columbine, standard procedure is to enter immediately?

just_floatin

Reaction score
The mom grabbed her kid from a different classroom on the other side of the school...but nonetheless, seeing that video of LE standing around fully kitted and doing nothing, is infuriating...
Dude this was your response defending LEO actions in the first sentence. Start there.

Stupid question. Why did LEO not allow all parents with children in a different classroom to enter the building to retrieve their children? I’ll wait….with my follow up question all cued up.

EmpirE231

Reaction score
If you’re gonna stand around and play war game strategy with your buddies... while a gunman is active and killing children... at least have the decency to not restrain parents willing to go straight into the danger to save their children. Every second that goes by could be another child lost... not at the hands of some
Highly trained gunmen, but some tranny weirdo loser.

JDKRXW

Reaction score
They should be more worries about living with themselves.
I'm pretty sure this won't be a problem.
Every one of them made it home safe and sound.
Excluding the badass(s) who fixed the problem on their own.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score

Lots of letters, lots of orderly control of parents…not much in the way of ending the orderly assassination of children.
Oh well, they got to play soldier for a day.

Nanu/Nanu

Don't wait til' life's easy to be happy
Reaction score
So this tragedy hits home for me as my daughter too just graduated from kindergarten yesterday. My heart is saddened for the families of these victims. I am blessed by God enough to have my daughter in a private Christian school and yesterday as the head master was speaking he brought up some interesting statistics and points. His main topic was parent involvement his stats were from a study at USC I researched and pulled some stats on a study from a university in Texas but the findings were pretty much the same.

Screenshot_20220527-061958.png

The second largest impact is having an involved mother.

I don't want to stand on my preaching soap box because that turns people off to the gospel. My only ask is that if you're not a god fearing man or woman would you please consider finding a friend or family member that is and attend church with them. If we as a culture can realize that we will all fall short of the kingdom but strive to work out hardest to get there I think it would clear things up for how we view things as a society. Even if you don't like your friends church this may inspire you to search for one that checks the boxes for you.

If you still find yourself not wanting to attend a church, could I ask that you open a bible and read some passages. I think it is easy to say or assume that our problems we face today are modern time issues but I can assure you they are not. Whatever struggles you are facing there's a passage in the good book to provide you some insight.

Let me reiterate and make it known I'm far from perfect myself but I'm trying to be better.

Also please understand that I do not believe this is a one all cure all sort of thing. Evil will always exist but I think we surely could start to turn things around in time if there was a movement of people getting back to God.

In closing may were take a moment to honor for those we've lost may we celebrate those to come and may God bless you and America.

Badchoices03

Reaction score
Dude this was your response defending LEO actions in the first sentence. Start there.

Stupid question. Why did LEO not allow all parents with children in a different classroom to enter the building to retrieve their children? I’ll wait….with my follow up question all cued up.

I didn't say it was RIGHT what they did, if you read it that way, then I don't know what to tell you...my response was to the fact of people asking HOW was an unarmed mother able to save kids, but the cops were not...well the BIGGEST part of that answer is that her kid was not in that classroom where that scumbag was, so thats how she was able to get her kid...

Keep waiting with your question, I believe we are on the same page....regardless of what the protocol is for that police dept, they sat around and did nothing while kids were being killed, and thats not ok!

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
If you’re gonna stand around and play war game strategy with your buddies... while a gunman is active and killing children... at least have the decency to not restrain parents willing to go straight into the danger to save their children. Every second that goes by could be another child lost... not at the hands of some
Highly trained gunmen, but some tranny weirdo loser.
I could not agree more!

Any law enforcement officer that put a parent in handcuffs or used any other restraint on those parents, obviously has their priorities confused.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score

Yeah?
Those kids sat through a class as well.

Of course, they didn’t make it home.

Look, I understand the playbook. Establish perimeter, secure same; crowd control, etc.
That’s great…yet ineffective.

“Fight like we train..”?
I didn’t see any fight at all other than with distraught parents.

Fully kitted, fully “trained” response teams with every advantage other than high ground brought to heel by a dress wearing 18 year old with an AR…
I suggest that possibly all this so called high level training may need to be examined in a critical manner, and possibly an exception for special circumstances implemented…IE: when kids are being slaughtered a deviation from self importance may be required?

Otherwise you might as well just call a social worker?

Tooms22

On Vacation
Reaction score

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
4 HOURS………

Thats how long it took Orlando PD to finally end the massacre at Pulse Nightclub.

They were too busy putting on their tactical combat Halloween Costumes to go any faster.

Last edited:

4Waters

Reaction score

To be honest LEO should have surrounded the building with the shooter and evacuated the rest of the school while command its getting their plan in place.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Yeah?
Those kids sat through a class as well.

Of course, they didn’t make it home.

Look, I understand the playbook. Establish perimeter, secure same; crowd control, etc.
That’s great…yet ineffective.

“Fight like we train..”?
I didn’t see any fight at all other than with distraught parents.

Fully kitted, fully “trained” response teams with every advantage other than high ground brought to heel by a dress wearing 18 year old with an AR…
I suggest that possibly all this so called high level training may need to be examined in a critical manner, and possibly an exception for special circumstances implemented…IE: when kids are being slaughtered a deviation from self importance may be required?

Otherwise you might as well just call a social worker?
I certainly don't disagree with any of that, and you would think that some sort of battlefield decision making would have taken place, but obviously it didn't. Or it did and was woefully the wrong decision.

HotRod82

Reaction score

Sadly, you are correct here, except there were no "BP guys". Breitbart is reporting the BP hero was OFF DUTY and raced to the school after getting a text from his wife. He stopped and picked up a gun from his friends barber shop, then stormed the building alone while all of those "trained" cops stood around and watched. I honestly do not know how any of those cops can live with themselves. Cops are expected to step up to the plate and get in harms way in situations like these, they failed miserably.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I certainly don't disagree with any of that, and you would think that some sort of battlefield decision making would have taken place, but obviously it didn't. Or it did and was woefully the wrong decision.
Yeah I’m just really pissed at what I see.
It’s a highly emotional situation and it shows in this thread.
I’m hopeful that this is NOT representative of what to expect going forward, or representative of a majority of response teams nationwide.
Unfortunately it will happen again, and if this can be a learning experience on what not to do at least something can be gained.
But as it stands this would appear to be an indefensible response by le.

Last edited:

Duramax

Reaction score
I'd have no problem making the ultimate sacrifice, but I'd have a real big fucking problem spending the rest of my life in prison if I did what needed to be done and it didn't fit dept. protocol and destroyed my life and that of my family. LEO hands are tied tight by beaurocracy and Karens.
I thought protocol in school shootings everywhere was, "go to the gun" immediately.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
4 HOURS………

Thats how long it took Orlando PD to finally end the massacre at Pulse Nightclub.

They were too busy putting on their tactical combat Halloween Costumes to go any faster.
Yeah isn’t that the same guy that had multiple family members warn the FBI that he was crazy and about to go off?
The same guy that the FBI figured wasn’t worth watching?
That’s why I have zero faith in social remedies like “mental health” monitoring and other half measures. First off it’s all subjective, secondly that subjectivity leads to human decision on what is or isn’t a risk.
That leads to a “minority report” scenario…and bending the rules of conspiracy to commit.
In short, violations of our rights based on conjecture based on opinion.
In the nightclub deal they had hard evidence that psycho Omar was gonna pop, PLUS had firm ties to him of actual Islamic terrorist threats.
Nothing…nothing happened.
Omar went off and the FBI had their dicks in their hands.
No, fast response by real men is required.
Kill them fast and end it.
Isreal has proven this over and over and over.
In the end more lives are saved. Period.

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
Biggest failure by Law Enforcement in my 43yrs walking this earth..

Prove me wrong!?!?

And people wonder why "citizens" need to be armed!?!? This is a perfect example. You will see more and more "citizens" taking law in there own hands after this failure of "law enforcement"!

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
Yeah I’m just really pissed at what I see.
It’s a highly emotional situation and it shows in this thread.
I’m hopeful that this is NOT representative of what to expect going forward, or representative of a majority of response teams nationwide.
Unfortunately it will happen again, and if this can be a learning experience on what not to do at least something can be gained.
But as it stands this would appear to be an indefensible response by le.
I hear you…….

This event reinforces how I feel about law enforcement too. They’ll beat the shit out of your loved one on the side of the road for a traffic infraction, but yet when you absolutely need them, we get the example set forth in this thread.

Save the copsplaining…….. I don’t care to hear it!

HotRod82

Reaction score
Jesus now Fox is reporting there was actually a BP strike team there but were prohibited from storming the school for at least 30 minutes by the police. This many stories of the Same event usually means a cover up.
Shits not adding up for sure.
Wag the dog perhaps?

Singleton

Reaction score
Local PD leadership better resign. Careers are over due to lack of leadership!
Based on news reports, the response was a total CF and ’protect and serve’ was forgotten.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
Jesus now Fox is reporting there was actually a BP strike team there but were prohibited from storming the school for at least 30 minutes by the police. This many stories of the Same event usually means a cover up.
Shits not adding up for sure.
Wag the dog perhaps?
I think this just hits hard with a ton of people so everyone is very emotional.

Everyone is a superhero that would have single-handedly taken out the gunman. Everyone is a tactician that has the best plan to handle these events. Everyone wants someone or something to blame. Everyone wants an answer right now. Everyone wants to ensure it won't happen to their family. It's a clusterfuck that will take time to unwind.

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
I think this just hits hard with a ton of people so everyone is very emotional.

Everyone is a superhero that would have single-handedly taken out the gunman. Everyone is a tactician that has the best plan to handle these events. Everyone wants someone or something to blame. Everyone wants an answer right now. Everyone wants to ensure it won't happen to their family. It's a clusterfuck that will take time to unwind.

Actually I think all that most want is for the LEO that we pay with our tax dollars, to take action, do the job they signed on for, and not sit around and talk shop for an hour or so while kids are being slaughtered!!

Again, a guy had to come from 40mi away to ratify the situation.. while how many "fully armed" just sit around!! let that sink in!!

Just sayin..

Ohh.. "we might get shot" is a piss poor excuse when that is the job you signed up for.. if you are not up for the job, step down..

Last edited:

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
So,kids are calling 911 saying people are dead but the police treated it as a "barricade/hostage" situation and not as an active shooter.