WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

19 kids and 2 teachers shot dead in Texas

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
Actually I think all that most want is for the LEO that we pay with our tax dollars, to take action, do the job they signed on for, and not sit around and talk shop for an hour or so while kids are being slaughtered!!

Again, a guy had to come from 40mi away to ratify the situation.. while how many "fully armed" just sit around!! let that sink in!!

Just sayin..
I'm interested to see what happened to their local SWAT team, but I don't put much trust in patrol cops to stop an active shooter. The incoming guy from BORTAC is someone who was definitely trained for something like this.

Duramax

Reaction score
Let’s play “match that name”!

Match the label to the picture!

1) “big fat pussy ass bitch”

2) “Fearless hero”

View attachment 1119994 View attachment 1119995
The top picture shows 95% of LEO's. Picked on as kids, train once a year to fire their piece, but god damn they look the part don't they. Fucking clowns.

Second pic is a guy who doesn't fuck around and wait for orders when it comes to children being slaughtered.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I think this just hits hard with a ton of people so everyone is very emotional.

Everyone is a superhero that would have single-handedly taken out the gunman. Everyone is a tactician that has the best plan to handle these events. Everyone wants someone or something to blame. Everyone wants an answer right now. Everyone wants to ensure it won't happen to their family. It's a clusterfuck that will take time to unwind.
I know what I see.
I know one superhero that stood out.
I know what tactic (or lack of) cost more lives.
There’s not a lot to unwind.
Details I suppose, but those don’t concern me.

But hey…we are just stupid civilians with zero understanding I suppose?
Btw, I’ve already done it.
Dont underestimate what the average parent, or offspring, will do at the moment of decision.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I'm interested to see what happened to their local SWAT team, but I don't put much trust in patrol cops to stop an active shooter. The incoming guy from BORTAC is someone who was definitely trained for something like this.
I’m having a hard time picturing the shooter as more highly trained than even a rookie cop.
Your playbook sucks.

just_floatin

Reaction score
Here is a complete timeline of the Uvalde shooting according to the Texas DPS. Police were on the scene from the beginning, did nothing while the shooter rampaged killing children. Children begged on 911 calls for almost an hour for the police to save them. I have no words 😡
8B19BF2A-098E-4C85-9E74-627CFC3F0830.jpeg

C3CB4C1A-CB9E-4245-B063-AB7B7C90B1CE.jpeg

TeamGreene

Reaction score
How do they know the door was propped open at 11:27? If it was a key card deal then they know who did it. What possible reason would there be to open that door? Seems fishy to me

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
How do they know the door was propped open at 11:27?

The door was open, that has been known since the beginning. They said they think a teacher or faculty member left it open after sneaking out to smoke or vape.

TeamGreene

Reaction score
The door was open, that has been known since the beginning. They said they think a teacher or faculty member left it open after sneaking out to smoke or vape.
I know it was open it's on video when he enters. But how do they know 11:27 specifically had to be electronic key card deal.

Duramax

Reaction score
Here is a complete timeline of the Uvalde shooting according to the Texas DPS. Police were on the scene from the beginning, did nothing while the shooter rampaged killing children. Children begged on 911 calls for almost an hour for the police to save them. I have no words 😡
View attachment 1120223
View attachment 1120224
This is heart breaking. Save the "how we train how we fight" bullshit. Children were calling and begging for there lives.

I told my daughter last night, "daddy will always come for you, ALWAYS."

Police make me sick to my stomach.

yz450mm

Reaction score

"At every school shooting there are two things, a shooter and a gun. The vast majority of the time I hear people talking about the gun. I think we have to balance that conversation and talk about the motivation."

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
I think this just hits hard with a ton of people so everyone is very emotional.

Everyone is a superhero that would have single-handedly taken out the gunman. Everyone is a tactician that has the best plan to handle these events. Everyone wants someone or something to blame. Everyone wants an answer right now. Everyone wants to ensure it won't happen to their family. It's a clusterfuck that will take time to unwind.

Not always the case unfortunately and this is becoming very reminiscent of another mass shooting that was never unwound.

1653679937535.png

I do understand it takes time and there are factors that we are not privy to, but it's been a disaster up to this point.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
Not always the case unfortunately and this is becoming very reminiscent of another mass shooting that was never unwound.

View attachment 1120243

I do understand it takes time and there are factors that we are not privy to, but it's been a disaster up to this point.

I'm no conspiracy theorist, but I 100% think something was fishy with Vegas. That one is much easier to believe than this one thus far. Hopefully, we receive the answers we're looking for and work towards it not happening again.

EmpirE231

Reaction score
View attachment 1120223
View attachment 1120224
If this timeline is accurate.... somehow...

door open @ 11:27AM
shooting at school windows @ 11:31AM
enters the door @ 11:33AM

Somehow... nobody shut the damn door after a couple minutes of gunfire?

JUSTWANNARACE

Reaction score

Not to take anything away from this terrible situation.. but..

I find this interview kind of odd.. almost to the extent of acting. If I'm wrong I apologize. But what is the timeline of this video? He is holding a picture, so soon after the incident seems off. The guy is crying the whole time but not a single tear sheds his cheek? And seems the interviewer knows the answer to his own questions?

just_floatin

Reaction score
I don’t know the validity of this interview. I knew all my daughters best friends by name in grade school because we talked everyday. If this is the real father my hart goes out to him.

One thing is for certain, the media is making shit up. Border Patrol used a shotgun borrowed from a barber shop after getting a call from his wife a teacher at the school. Not adding up….

D75B049A-C1FC-4DCA-B5FF-69442CA939D7.png
228C43FA-0054-495A-9794-B7927A4C9736.jpeg

jonnyd

Reaction score
I'm really trying to understand what happened in Texas the other day. So much of the accounts of this shooting/tragedy just don't make sense. We all have our own thoughts about the circumstances that went down that tragic day, the problem is that we are basing our opinions on what the media is saying and not much of it adds up to me.

Lets talk about the 18 year old shooter. This guy doesn't purchase an AR15, he purchases 2 brand new AR15's. Who does that? Why the AR15? Does that somehow fit into the narrative of the past 10 years of that being the evil "Assault Weapon". He brings both weapons to the school? Was he worried that one might break? Even the best trained military commandos don't bring a back up rifle in the battlefield. Is it just a coincidence that this is the same week that the NRA convention is going on in Texas?

The Police respond to the school as the call of an active shooter goes out on the radio. Practically every department and officer in the nation is trained to know what to do in an active shooter situation. Now all of the sudden everyone is hating on the police again. Imagine that! AR15s and hating the police again. I'm sure it's just a coincidence.

A mother of two of the children trapped in the school goes in through some magic entrance that the police aren't guarding or entering themselves? Rescues her two children but not any of their friends or classmates. Sorry kids I only have permission to take my kids.

Some other officer travels 40 miles to get to the scene and like John Wayne or Dirty Harry goes in by himself and takes care of business while every other officer in the county stands by waiting.

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
MW, when they come right out an admit, EVERY time they make a traffic stop, they need to think that person will try to kill them...period.

They even gleefully mocked myself and others when we take exception to them walking up in us, hand on weapon.

They asked to be cops. They put on the badge, they won’t accept the enormous risk. Are you ok with a cop walking up on you, ready to kill you? I’m not.
Just don’t track them in your mirror!
It makes them skittish and identifies you as a threat!!
Good god, both of you are in here acting little bitches over a conversation in which neither of you could read past go after your little emotions got triggered.

This thread is about a mass killing of innocent kids, and your egos just won't let you stop from trying to conflate it to things you very obviously had no answer for. You guys wanna talk about your hurt feeling down in P&G in that thread, I'll gladly join you.

But honestly, get the fuck over yourselves with the bullshit passive aggressive comments about something that has zero to do with this casualty... pathetic.

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
I have trained hundreds if not thousands of officers, and school employee's regarding response to an active shooter. There is NO EXCUSE for how those officers handled it that day, if they were literally standing outside the classroom doing nothing, when there were still kids inside and they knew they were alive. Everyone of them needs to be gone from Law Enforcement for good. There may be a reason why they paused if they heard no gunshots or a continuation of the killings, but if the timeline is correct, there is zero justification for how they acted.

But as usual, those cops fucked up bad, and now it is the fault of all. So predictable.

For what it is worth, we have been pushing heavily for years now that it doesn't matter if you are solo or grouped up... Active Shooter, you are going in and doing your job. If that means you don't make it out, then so be it, but you are going in.

Anyways... just another day on RDP.

Last edited:

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
The LEOs did exactly what they have trained to do for a large casualty incident. They showed up, established a perimeter and set about working through the Incident Command System. An IC was most likely established, and he designated a PAO, Liaison Officer and a Safety Officer, and established an Operations Section. The LO is probably the one that put out the call for a tactical unit and the Boarder Patrol guys were likely the closest. Until the BP guys got on site the IC is going to hold any action. It is all very orderly.

I'd bet money they have tabletopped this exact scenario and followed that game plan.
That information and standard of training is over a decade old. We do not train that way anymore. What we train, which is pretty much standard for SoCal agencies, and what they train across the country might be two very different things.

There are specific reasons why a team may pause before entering. That would center around an open line of communication with the suspect in attempts to talk him out. Either way, there would be a team of patrol cops, or a tac team at the ready the moment it wasn't progressing. SWAT are 5th responders in reality for something like this so they are only a consideration when things are static and there is time to get them there.

This whole event is George Floyd all over, except numerous innocent kids died. It is unacceptable.

JUSTWANNARACE

Reaction score
I have trained hundreds if not thousands of officers, and school employee's regarding response to an active shooter. There is NO EXCUSE for how those officers handled it that day, if they were literally standing outside the classroom doing nothing when there were still kids inside and they knew they were alive. Everyone of them needs to be gone from Law Enforcement for good. There may be a reason why they paused if they heard no gunshots or a continuation of the killings, but if the timeline is correct, there is zero justification for how they acted.

But as usual, those cops fucked up bad, and now it is the fault of all. So predictable.

For what it is worth, we have been pushing heavily for years now that it doesn't matter if you are solo or grouped up... Active Shooter, you are going in and doing your job. If that means you don't make it out, then so be it, but you are going in.

Anyways... just another day on RDP.
That information and standard of training is over a decade old. We do not train that way anymore. What we train, which is pretty much standard for SoCal agencies, and what they train across the country might be two very different things.

There are specific reasons why a team may pause before entering. That would center around an open line of communication with the suspect in attempts to talk him out. Either way, there would be a team of patrol cops, or a tac team at the ready the moment it wasn't progressing. SWAT are 5th responders in reality for something like this so they are only a consideration when things are static and there is time to get them there.

This whole event is George Floyd all over, except numerous innocent kids died. It is unacceptable.

Glad yo see you are willing to admit that this was blatant negligence on the part of the LEO involved!

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Reporting from Uvalde tragedy, I've seen the mayor, Texas Rangers and DPS officers. But, not the Uvalde Police Chief. Assume there must be one.

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
T&Y……. People are tired of cops explaining the nationwide problems of piss poor police interactions. It’s an epidemic.

I am a perfect example of white privilege, but yet, my family has been devastated by an interaction with a bad cop in which my father ended up dead. Beaten and arrested after having a stroke while driving his car with a handicapped license plate in California. Sure…… I have a huge chip on my shoulder that will never go away. Does it show?

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
T&Y……. People are tired of cops explaining the nationwide problems of piss poor police interactions. It’s an epidemic.

I am a perfect example of white privilege, but yet, my family has been devastated by an interaction with a bad cop in which my father ended up dead. Beaten and arrested after having a stroke while driving his car with a handicapped license plate in California. Sure…… I have a huge chip on my shoulder that will never go away. Does it show?
Does it show. Only just a little.

I get your point. Do you understand that there are hundreds of thousands of police contacts daily across this nation where nobody gets hurt, no laws are violated, and people are more than happy with the police?

No excuse for the police work on display in Texas that day, but the reality is that is an anomaly whether you are willing to admit it or not.

Singleton

Reaction score
Reading this thread just pisses me off even more.
kids in class calling 911 at 12:03 and at 12:50 door is breached and shooter killed.
100% unacceptable!

quoting Bob Marley ‘I shot the sheriff’ - the parent who lost a child and does this, will never be convicted in in my book.

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Reporting from Uvalde tragedy, I've seen the mayor, Texas Rangers and DPS officers. But, not the Uvalde Police Chief. Assume there must be one.
It appears they do have a police department. No idea if they are responsible for the schools or the specific location of that school.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Can't buy beer or smokes until 21. Republicans should create a bill changing age to purchase a firearm to 21. 2nd Amendment says nothing about age. This would eliminate midterm emotional voting and allow background checks to actually check a background. 17 years and 366 days will not have a background to check. A kid is basically purchasing guns. Kids today are nothing like kids of yesteryear. At 21, you have had 3 years of adulthood and may or may not have a criminal background. Brains not fully developed until you are 24. Hate will always hate, hence long term put money into mental health and parenting, like previously mentioned....

That wouldn’t have prevented this.. so why bother?

They said he purchased them legally. He didn’t. His own grandpa said he was a felon and had he known he had the guns he would have turned him in!

I’m still wondering where this fruitloop got the cash to purchase them because neither of those guns is cheap by any means.

Duramax

Reaction score
"There are always a few bad cops in the bunch that ruin for all" Not a few, most all of them.

This is a perfect example of collecting a pay check. The whole department!!!

They can train all they want, but when it comes down to it (as we have seen in these last few years), very rarely do police step up.

This is just the most disgusting example yet.

@C-Ya I am sorry for your father. Your story is horrific. (I read the complete details months ago when you posted)

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
At one time it was reported there were 4 SROs in the Uvalde school district, which was made up of 8 schools. As previously reported. Validity of that statement is unknown. Gov Abbott is obviously pissed about previous false information. There’s nothing wrong with saying, I don’t know but we’ll find out.

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score

They said he purchased them legally. He didn’t. His own grandpa said he was a felon and had he known he had the guns he would have turned him in!

I’m still wondering where this fruitloop got the cash to purchase them because neither of those guns is cheap by any means.

Not to mention Mags and Ammo.

Todd Mohr

Will Race For Beer
Reaction score

This

Badchoices03

Reaction score

He wasn't a felon, he had a clean record...his grandpa said HE personally was the felon and wasnt allowed to be around guns, so if he knew the kid had the guns in his house, he would have turned him in so that he himself didnt get in trouble for being a felon around guns...

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score

I thought grandpa had the felony on his record and wasn't allowed to have guns in the house. I'm probably wrong but i thought that is the way i heard it.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Good god, both of you are in here acting little bitches over a conversation in which neither of you could read past go after your little emotions got triggered.

This thread is about a mass killing of innocent kids, and your egos just won't let you stop from trying to conflate it to things you very obviously had no answer for. You guys wanna talk about your hurt feeling down in P&G in that thread, I'll gladly join you.

But honestly, get the fuck over yourselves with the bullshit passive aggressive comments about something that has zero to do with this casualty... pathetic.
It’s aggressive aggressive.
Was I not clear?
You said that if I looked at you in my mirror then I was “tracking” your movements and put you in high threat alert.
I said any motherfucker walking up to my car with his hand on his gun is going to have my undivided attention.
You didn’t hurt my feelings, you pissed me off with your Sgt Rock bullshit.
Get over your own self super cop. 👌
Have you ever wondered why people in general are turning? Do you even care?
Got nothing to do with any idiot like George Floyd, or the poor bastards that got sent up the river for the bad luck of responding to an overdosing felon.

Back on ignore you go.
PLEASE don’t have your buddies start harassing me, believe it or not I work, play, pay taxes, and pay all my bills.
I AM NOT THE ENEMY!
I break no laws other than occasionally exceeding the speed limit…although I have a feeling I’d better watch out going forward.
I’m just a guy who hates bullies.
Badge or no badge no different.

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
It’s aggressive aggressive.
Was I not clear?
You said that if I looked at you in my mirror then I was “tracking” your movements and put you in high threat alert.
I said any motherfucker walking up to my car with his hand on his gun is going to have my undivided attention.
You didn’t hurt my feelings, you pissed me off with your Sgt Rock bullshit.
Get over your own self super cop. 👌
Have you ever wondered why people in general are turning? Do you even care?
Got nothing to do with any idiot like George Floyd, or the poor bastards that got sent up the river for the bad luck of responding to an overdosing felon.

Back on ignore you go.
PLEASE don’t have your buddies start harassing me, believe it or not I work, play, pay taxes, and pay all my bills.
I AM NOT THE ENEMY!
I break no laws other than occasionally exceeding the speed limit…although I have a feeling I’d better watch out going forward.
I’m just a guy who hates bullies.
Badge or no badge no different.
Like I said, you are pathetic. Take this bullshit down to the P&G

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
"There are always a few bad cops in the bunch that ruin for all" Not a few, most all of them.

This is a perfect example of collecting a pay check. The whole department!!!

They can train all they want, but when it comes down to it (as we have seen in these last few years), very rarely do police step up.

This is just the most disgusting example yet.

@C-Ya I am sorry for your father. Your story is horrific. (I read the complete details months ago when you posted)
Thank you for clarifying your position. Like I've told the other regular haters in here, I'd rather know up front.

Havasujaws

Reaction score

The grandfather was the felon.