WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

2017 Shockwave "Notta Regatta"

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Shockwave Regatta 2017 Tom Leigh-7765.jpg

Here's a little story I got's to tell about three bad brothers you know so well. It started way back on RDP with Marcus, Mike and of course Scott B. They hall had some Shockwaves, I know this sound rehearsed, They all had bad ass boats and wanted to be the first. They posted a little thread to see who else would go, little did they know people would ask for more.

Shockwave Regatta 2017 Tom Leigh-7790.jpg

Of course I'm kidding with my Beastie Boys "Paul Revere" intro to the article, but it really does kind of quickly sum up the events leading up to the "Unofficial Shockwave Notta Regatta" that took place a few weeks back. Three members that are extremely passionate about their brand decided that they wanted to have a get together with other Shockwave owners. After some discussion Scott Barry (SBarry), Mike Olmstead (Big Mike), and Marcus Jones (Dirtbag) began organizing what they called "An Unofficial Notta Regatta" via a thread here on RDP. To garner more interest for the event they also started a Shockwave Boat Owners group on Facebook and began using RDP and Social media to promote the event!

Shockwave Regatta 2017 Tom Leigh-7816.jpg

Shockwave Regatta 2017 Tom Leigh-7860.jpg

It didn't take long before a ton of people were commenting on the thread (and social media) and their attendance list began to swell! With that momentum Boat Bling had offered to donate some products to the participants, and RDP also threw in a box of coozies for everyone as well as offering to bring Tommy Gun out for at least one of the days to shoot some pics for the event.

Shockwave Regatta 2017 Tom Leigh-7760.jpg Shockwave Regatta 2017 Tom Leigh-7743.jpg Shockwave Regatta 2017 Tom Leigh-7795.jpg

The event itself was really low key and laid back with the simple plan of "Meet at Pirates Cove on Saturday and Hang out!" Fortunately for the Shockwave owners the weather decided to head south and dump on our poor "Schiada Notta Regatta" happening down in Parker on the very same day.
Shockwave Regatta 2017 Tom Leigh-7807.jpg Shockwave Regatta 2017 Tom Leigh-7847.jpg
There was 29 boats total in attendance at Pirates, with half of the fleet coming north bound from Lake Havasu, and the other half of the fleet coming south bound from Needles. They had great weather on the ride up (and down), and luckily only got a light rain for about thirty minutes at Pirates. After the free boat wash and a quick wipe down it was a Shockwave boat show right there in the cove!

Shockwave Regatta 2017 Tom Leigh-7853.jpg Shockwave Regatta 2017 Tom Leigh-7773.jpg

Sunday the game plan was again a laid back plan. Parade through the Channel and then meet up at the Springs for lunch! With Tom and I both coming back from the Schiada regatta the day before we elected to have him on the bridge, and I'd catch them when they came to the springs.

IMG_8395.jpg IMG_8410.jpg IMG_8416.jpg

The Springs setup a buffet style breakfast for all the Shockwave owners, and I can't compliment them enough on the quality of food. They really did an outstanding job not only on the food, but the level of service to 60+ people coming in at once was on point!

IMG_8422.jpg IMG_8397.jpg IMG_8441.jpg

While I only got to participate in a small part of it, it was a ton of fun catching up with some members and having lunch with Bob from Shockwave. The whole bunch was having a great time, and it was unfortunate for me that I had my truck and trailer in the parking lot or I would've jumped in a boat and gone with them! Next years "Notta Regatta" is already in the works! Stay tuned for more details.

IMG_8458.jpg

IMG_8459.jpg

Dirtbag

Reaction score
thanks for the article Dave!

It was a great time. Mike Scott and I were pretty pumped when we showed up at Pirates and there were almost 30 boats there. We had a great day. Bob from shockwave also donated a bunch of AO Coolers Shirts and hats and coozies which we gave away to all the Boats. Every Boat in attendance received something from Boat Bling and we cant thank Zack enough for that. BigMike has already got things rolling for next year and with all the people who were bummed they couldnt go cause of the dates and the people who flat out didnt know, I believe next year 50 boats is a real possibility. No matter the number we will have a good time and the Shockwave Family is one helluva good group of people!

Sbarry

Reaction score
Thanks for the write up and the hand outs!! [emoji1360]

Hope everyone had a good time...

Dave, can you text me that picture you took? That green is poppin'

Unless email is better: [email protected]

milkmoney

Reaction score
I stopped on Sunday and hung out with a couple guys that were left , they have some real nice sleds, met a few of them , first words out of dirtbags mouth was FU, then I said u r a dirt bag , lol.
Marcus came up out of the water and shook my hand, if I knew he,was that big of a guy, I would of said yes sir after the FU....
Also spoke with Scott (sbarry) [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106]

Maybe I will crash it again next year [emoji4] [emoji202]

steamin rice

No Bad Days....
Reaction score
We had to get back home early on Sunday so we missed the run to the springs, but we had a great time up at pirates on Saturday. We are looking forward to the event next year. You guys did a great job organizing this, I know that it takes a lot to put together something like this

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Cool pics!:thumbsup

Any closed bow 29' Magnatudes for sale now?

plaster dave

Face down A$$ up
Reaction score
Who's boat is this. I see it on the southside of town by my house.
IMG_2256.JPG

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
Congrats to the crew who put this together. I had seen a lot of post on it and glad it had turned out so well for them. Hope they can grow this event bigger each year.

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
Didn't you already sell it or are you the new owner....I get confused easily. Red, blue and white one right?
Yes sir. Red/Blue/White...

It's been kind of whored around here, but I tell you in full confidence that it's a damn nice ride. I'll have to look tomorrow, but I think I've put 40 hours on it this year is all. I'm bringing it back to Havasu mid October, it's going to Mario to get a few maintenance things done, then detailed, and then I'll list it here for sale again as soon as I get a guarantee from Nordic that my new one can be done before DS. If not, I'll keep it and run it through next season. It will be in Havasu all winter if someone wanted to see it.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Yes sir. Red/Blue/White...

It's been kind of whored around here, but I tell you in full confidence that it's a damn nice ride. I'll have to look tomorrow, but I think I've put 40 hours on it this year is all. I'm bringing it back to Havasu mid October, it's going to Mario to get a few maintenance things done, then detailed, and then I'll list it here for sale again as soon as I get a guarantee from Nordic that my new one can be done before DS. If not, I'll keep it and run it through next season. It will be in Havasu all winter if someone wanted to see it.

Please PM me before you sell it. I don't want the motor because if I remember correctly it's carbureted and that doesn't work for me for going to Tahoe but I'd love to drop a 496 or 525 in that thing. Kind of kicked myself in the ass last time it was for sale.

Boat Bling

Reaction score
We support a lot of events throughout the year. My favorite by a long shot are informal, owner organized notta regattas like this.

We know product is getting into the hands of the boat owners and whether they prefer our stuff or someone else's, everyone seems to appreciate the donation. There's often a charitable affiliation as well so if some product can be raffled off for a good cause it's all the more rewarding [emoji106]

Big thanks to the organizers for letting us play a small role in the event!!!

-Zack

Dirtbag

Reaction score
We support a lot of events throughout the year. My favorite by a long shot are informal, owner organized notta regattas like this.

We know product is getting into the hands of the boat owners and whether they prefer our stuff or someone else's, everyone seems to appreciate the donation. There's often a charitable affiliation as well so if some product can be raffled off for a good cause it's all the more rewarding [emoji106]

Big thanks to the organizers for letting us play a small role in the event!!!

-Zack

cant thank you enough Zack....everyone was pumped to get a care package from boat bling. We gave away 2 big packages to the Oldest Shockwave which was a 2000 29' Magnatude and the best in show and longest travel award went to the same people a family from New mexico in their new 28' Deck. We raffled another big package randomly. people were pumped!