WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Recommendations for epoxy floor in Havasu

jailbird141

Reaction score
I am posting in the Lounge because there is more traffic than in the New Homes thread. I am hoping I can get some decent recommendations for someone to do the epoxy on my garage floor in Lake Havasu. The concrete is about two years old. This was a new construction and I made an effort to not get any oil or chemical stains on the garage concrete since I knew I wanted it coated with epoxy. Can anyone recommend someone who does quality work? I do not want to do this myself. Let me be clear, I do not want to do this myself. I want a reputable company who offers a warranty to do the work. I have done epoxy on concrete and am well aware of the process but for various reasons, I cannot do this garage myself but would like to get it done sooner rather than later. I documented the build in the New Construction thread if someone wants to see pictures of the floor before responding. It is the garage floor, approximately 1560sqft of two year old concrete with few to no stains or issues. I would like something simple, maybe a light gray with some flakes to break it up a bit. Please feel free to post companies you have dealt with or recommend as well as companies or person to avoid! You can PM me those names. I am ready to have this done when someone's schedule permits. I am not in a rush but want it done sooner than later so I can move stuff from my over priced storage spot, into my garage. Thanks in advance for any input!

Maw

Dont re Member
Reaction score
We used Jeff at Full Throttle Garage Spaces a few years ago for the floors and cabinets. I believe he's still a member here. Flawless job and on time. (928) 706-3736 was his number at the time.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Mark @ Curb Appeal, about 2 years ago he was $4 a square foot if I remember right, prep, two coats of epoxy and two coats of clear.

(928) 486-5351

Paradox

Known Inmate #27012
Reaction score
Advanced Floors did ours about a year ago. About 720 sq. ft. Concrete is 25 years old with stains and erosion. They spent two days on the concrete repair and another 2 on the epoxy. $3500 total. Still holding up well. We’re satisfied customers.

71BA9534-9F27-4013-B7FA-8FFD786E1979.jpeg

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
If I was ever gonna do this all over again I think I’d do polished concrete if I had to have a finish..

Or raw concrete.

Epoxy is for the birds.

Not So Fast

Reaction score
Mark @ Curb Appeal, about 2 years ago he was $4 a square foot if I remember right, prep, two coats of epoxy and two coats of clear.

(928) 486-5351
Agree 100%, he has done our kitchen cabinets, patio deck ,painted the house in & out, fully recommend them and I dont do that with many contractors
NSF

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Thanks for the input so far.
I've used Associated for concrete work and they are excellent, they also do epoxy, but no first hand experience. If after 2 years you don't have any of the white powder stuff coming up in the expansion joints or near the walls and doors, you might be okay for a while. If you do, you might want to go a different direction because the epoxy won't stick. Dan with Associated Concrete 928 854 1854.

jailbird141

Reaction score
One more question. Anything to avoid or make sure to include when getting the garage epoxied? I would think I should avoid a gloss finish as it will be slippery when wet but I was leaning towards a light color epoxy with darker flakes to kinda break things up. Any thoughts?

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
One more question. Anything to avoid or make sure to include when getting the garage epoxied? I would think I should avoid a gloss finish as it will be slippery when wet but I was leaning towards a light color epoxy with darker flakes to kinda break things up. Any thoughts?
Two coats of epoxy / two coats of clear, add the chips it won’t be slippery, make sure the caulk the expansion joints first or else you get debris stuck in them
9C851A71-6237-46C2-89CD-AB18C29DD8C5.jpeg

BigMike

Reaction score
Curb Appeal did our garage in Fort Mohave and it came out perfect. Couldn’t ask for anything better. The garage is roughly 1800 sq ft and was a bit over $5k. The work was done this past Thanksgiving, but quoted last March and Marc stuck to the original quote even though the house kept getting delay after delay during construction. I highly recommend Curb Appeal

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Two coats of epoxy / two coats of clear, add the chips it won’t be slippery, make sure the caulk the expansion joints first or else you get debris stuck in them
View attachment 1124226
Yup, Marc’s work as well, never had an issue with the floors in three Havasu houses, it’s all about the prep. Guys on their hands and knees with hand grinders doing the whole thing.

CobraDave

Reaction score
I was reading on polishing concrete instead but it sounds like it will be prone to staining and have to be resealed?

CobraDave

Reaction score
I’m also seeing it’s like double the price to do. Has anyone had it done?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Yup, Marc’s work as well, never had an issue with the floors in three Havasu houses, it’s all about the prep. Guys on their hands and knees with hand grinders doing the whole thing.

Ya never kept one long enough to have issues.. lol

Reactions: DWC

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I was reading on polishing concrete instead but it sounds like it will be prone to staining and have to be resealed?

Well epoxy lasts about seven years about here.. they don’t tell you that when they are quoting it and putting it in!

Springfield

Reaction score
D
Well epoxy lasts about seven years about here.. they don’t tell you that when they are quoting it and putting it in!
Dave what starts happening after a period of time or 7 years? 🤷‍♂️

CobraDave

Reaction score
I would have thought the opposite of that. It looks really good but if that’s the case I’m out.

DLC

Reaction score
My havasu neighbor had his garage floor done when he builtin 2013 and it’s holding up great!

9 years no issues