WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Kid quad accident with hit and run rzr :/

Socalx09

Reaction score
If this is a repost, please delete.

The girl was my moms student. Such a sad story. Hope they find that orange rzr. Can’t believe people would just leave kids to die

Be on the look out for a damaged RZR like this.
C4D5BA81-0742-44E5-8819-82FFE063DA7F.png
948D8CDB-08EC-48D7-8891-670FE9FC5EBE.png

Last edited:

4Waters

Reaction score
If this is a repost, please delete.

The girl was my moms student. Such a sad story. Hope they find that orange rzr. Can’t believe people would just leave kids to die

@monkeyswrench posted about it

FCT

Reaction score
I believe there is a special place in hell for a coward like that how horrible of a person can you be to leave two innocent children to die in the desert by themselves. 🤬😢

Poor babies RIP

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I'll repost the hell out of this everywhere I can, and mention it to guys I know everywhere. The more eyes open, the more chance someone sees or says something.

@Socalx09 , my wife lost a student recently, and it hit her harder than I would have thought. Senseless and hard to wrap your head around...as a human, not just a teacher:confused:

Socalx09

Reaction score
I'll repost the hell out of this everywhere I can, and mention it to guys I know everywhere. The more eyes open, the more chance someone sees or says something.

@Socalx09 , my wife lost a student recently, and it hit her harder than I would have thought. Senseless and hard to wrap your head around...as a human, not just a teacher:confused:
Right. I hope someone does the right thing and talks. Someone knows who did it besides the driver.

I’m so sorry to hear that. Prayers for your wife and the family. It is definitely hard. My mom just loves her students. They are like her little family.

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
Horrible, prayers for the little girl fighting for her life. RIP her young friend.

So heartbreaking.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
whats really sad about this is off roading is a no fault zone... everybody is robbie gordons and can't enjoy off roading with out being on pin... people let their kids ride double on quads and camp race... people racing through camp area's... we were just out to cold creek in vegas... guy was ripping around on his can am, others in his own camp had 3 kids riding a quad in the dark with no light..... he came close to hitting them numerous times,.. we were sitting out by the rv and he just got closer and closer doing HEY-LAM dougnuts.. we were like WTF, get out of here... his reply... fuc you , you don't own the land here.... it's the same on the river and lake...

Singleton

Reaction score
She passed away this morning...injuries too great to overcome😢
That is inaccurate. It was posted on 1 of the many off-road recovery groups I belong too and I did not verify it before posting she had passed. Story was on the LA news this morning and the little girl is still on life support but the outcome does not look good.

4Waters

Reaction score
There is an update. My mom has also confirmed. There was no activity after the tests and has gone to heaven.

RIP little angel
Yeah, they said on the news she had no brain activity for the last 24hrs.

RIP little one

Bullet28

Nor Cal Delta
Reaction score
RIP little ones, God’s Blessing to the families may they rest in heaven forever.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
So my wife just showed me a post on FB from the apparent passenger in the RZR (trying to get the link now). Says he and the prick driver were in the right to leave since the kids cut them off and they (the kids) had no insurance. Sounds like the 2 guys are despicable human garbage.

Trying to get more info on this now.

JFMFG

Reaction score
Those guys deserve to rot in hell. The fact the passenger is trying to justify the kids cut them off is just wrong. You still wait at the scene do a wellness check on who they hit while waiting not bail. Stupid fucking idiots if you ask me. They were probably drunk and bailed. Hopefully the passenger will do some hard time until they find the driver.

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score

Apparently the piece of shits name is Eric Wei and the passenger's name appears to have been Dylan.
This Dylan dumbass took to Boardmanville's Instagram and pleaded his case and currently all his posts are deleted but his account is still active.

Saying the kids cut them off.

The house where the razor was found apparently nobodies been there all week.

Here's the deal...if your involved in an accident you are forbidden by law to leave the scene and with injury? Then they tried to hide the car under tarps.

They have no idea the anger on the Ocotillo Wells FB page. There is no update that I read that says they are currently under arrest or even located though.

HTTP404

New But Seasoned Inmate #2002
Reaction score
From what I am reading the house where the Rzr was found typically has a big 4th of July party. This year it was dark and quiet.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Absolutely horrifying, the passenger as well would do time if not in Ca as an accomplice for not immediately reporting to authorities. It’s only time now but last i read they got the FBI involved because the posts on social media, and have the guys name based on the passenger and then the home they found the rzr at, being owned by an Eric Wei. Once they have your home and name it’s just a game of wait and see. They’ll have him by the end of the weekend I’d assume.

4Waters

Reaction score
Sad deal, but an 11 year old and 12 year old out riding at 8:55PM is pretty sketch. Guys did the wrong thing for sure, but the parents have to accept some responsibility here.
I'm sure the parents feel horrible but I'm also sure they had let the kids do that 100 times before without incident

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
There is a thread on Desert Whips that's being updated and also Ocotillo Wells FB page. Trusting either.....up to you.

I am reading the Girl is still alive but on Life support with a severed spine.

Singleton

Reaction score
There is a thread on Desert Whips that's being updated and also Ocotillo Wells FB page. Trusting either.....up to you.

She passed this week. It was confirmed by someone on RDP that has family that knew the child

4Waters

Reaction score

They took her off life support on Tuesday or Wednesday

dspracing

Reaction score
Is it just me or is the original thread gone? Tried to find it yesterday and could not.

instagator

Reaction score
They 100% knew what they did. He can plead his case all he wants. They bailed out. Hid the rzr and are hiding. There’s no justifying that.
To say a Quad cut us off, there are no rules or road signs in the desert. If you can not avoid other vehicles in a wide open area, It is the fault of the larger faster vehicle.
Excuses by guilty people leaving the scene would probably mean they were afraid of police for one reason or another.

Backlash

Reaction score
Trying to hide the damaged vehicle = consciousness of guilt. These two POS deserve what's coming their way. Sadly, no amount of punishment will bring those two young children back to their families. 😢

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Forensic Computer LEOs should be able to track down any posts.
Also if either had a cellphone even if no immediate service. If he traveled through a service area that registers close enough.

RVRKID

Reaction score
California Highway Patrol investigators Tuesday arrested Edgar Ivan Galindo Diaz in connection with a hit-and-run ATV crash that killed a young boy and girl.
Galindo Diaz, a resident of Apple Valley, is the registered owner of the 2021 Polaris RZR believed to be involved in the July 2 crash.
CHP was able to locate the ATV at Galindo Diaz's residence in Apple Valley on July 7.
Based on the investigation and after the 2021 Polaris was recovered an arrest warrant was issued for Galindo Diaz. Mr Galindo Diaz turned himself in to authorities at the California Highway Patrol, Victorville Area on July 12, 2022, and was subsequently arrested and booked for felony hit and run," the department said.
"The California Highway Patrol will work with the San Bernardino County District Attorney's Office to ensure the appropriate applicable charges are filed in this case."
Galindo Diaz's was allegedly driving the ATV when it struck and killed 12-year-old Jacob Martinez and fatally injured 11-year-old Christina Bird on Saturday night.
The two children were close friends.
Christina was taken off life support on Wednesday at Loma Linda Children's Hospital after doctors pronounced her brain dead.
Her family members said their final goodbyes before deciding to take her off life support.

cofooter

Reaction score
I thought they were looking for an Eric Wei??? In any case, glad to see there has been an arrest made. RIP little kids.......

Riverryder

Reaction score
How do you come up with that based on the "children" being friends?
was asking for clarification. was it the two half sibling being close friends? dont know why the article would have to say anything about friends if they are siblings?

or was the article saying
the two children were close friends to the guy they got?

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
WOW!!!!

I just found out, these little Angels are related to a Co-worker...

Please HUG your Family and say a Prayer to all involved...

Thanks

Rick Marion

Jacob Martinez and Christina Bird were half brother and sister and were always together since they were babies.

On Saturday July 2nd these beautiful children were savagely hit while they were riding a quad during a family trip in the desert.

At approximately 9:00 pm they were riding an ATV, while somebody in a Polaris vehicle T-BONED them going 100 MPH.

JACOB did not survive with the amount of broken bones and lacerations due to the harsh impact. He passed immediately in the crash.

CHRISTINA was in critical condition with a series of serious wounds from the horrific accident.

Yesterday, Thursday July 7th, Christina was disconnected from life support.

These children are related to our own David Nunez. David works in our Azusa Branch and is an uncle to these children’s parents.

Nobody deserves to go through this and to see their children pass before their eyes. It is truly heartbreaking to see such bright lights fade away without a chance to truly shine in this world.

The shame of not being able to experience what it’s like to grow and love and see how beautiful the life is that we all see today.

The family needs all of the help they can get to lay these babies to rest and assist them during this difficult time.

If you supply any assistance at all to this family, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all so much.

GoFundMe Links:

www.gofundme.com/f/w485nd-jacob-martinez

www.gofundme.com/f/help-for-christina-life

Boatymcboatface

Reaction score
How far from camp ? Do people these days allow a 12 and 11 yo to ride alone , let alone at night in the desert ?
We let our kids go pretty far but we camp out away from crowds. But I still have a feeling even if it was an adult on a kids quad it would’ve ended with the same result. I know how far adults can get from camp on a kids quad at night!! I also know how adults can react when they see a larger faster vehicle coming at them. It ends the same way some of the time. Just load up a few YouTube videos from glamis or open desert of crashes and it usually involves two “adults” even in the day time.
It’s just really sad that it happens to be kids involved this time.

Joker

Reaction score
The fucktard that was driving the rzr has insurance, utilize it

zhandfull

Reaction score
The fucktard that was driving the rzr has insurance, utilize it
Insurance required on off-road vehicles now? Serious question, know it makes sense, just don’t remember it being required. Even when financing.

Boatymcboatface

Reaction score
Insurance required on off-road vehicles now? Serious question, know it makes sense, just don’t remember it being required. Even when financing.
I don’t remember being told anything about needing insurance when buying our RZR. We did get insurance and even added extra on it to cover all the accessories.