WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Gary Maschner

Strictly Diesel in Phoenix
Reaction score
Ever wonder how high your oil temperature gets on your Duramax? Pretty damn high..... If you drive a 2001-2007 or 2011-2016 Duramax and use it for towing/hauling (you know, like a boat to the river) here is an upgrade to help the engine run cooler. The engine oil cooler can be upgraded to the one used on the 2021 L5P engines. The link below is an article I wrote comparing oil coolers. Long story short is it's a great upgrade and helps lower oil temp in every day driving, but makes a big improvement when towing. I would highly recommend upgrading for those that tow. If you have any questions let me know, always happy to help!

Fastdadtsmith

Reaction score
Just bringing this back since Gary has gotten quite a bit of my money over the last year. Time for some more upgrades!

Gary Maschner

Reaction score
good read thanks for the info i currently have a LLY with 168k miles on it
Thanks! They're great trucks as long as they're maintained and have the right upgrades for towing to keep them cool. If you ever have questions or need advice let me know any time!

Gary

Gary Maschner

Reaction score
In case you're not one for reading an article, here's a side by side pic of the two coolers. Also a link to the video showing the difference in temps while towing.

Attachments

• 20220510_114733.jpg
    20220510_114733.jpg
    974.4 KB · Views: 100