WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

School me on Nashville.. Work trip next week.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Staying close to the Ryman. Have thought about hitting up that, and the Opry, I have 3 nights to myself to explore, the rest of the time will be work related stuff. Ill have all day Friday as well. Any must see/do stuff? Our sales team gets along well, and we are all into music so we will do broadway stuff likely the nights we are together. Lorrie Morgan is playing at the Opry so thats on my list currently.

Jetboatjosh

Reaction score
Staying close to the Ryman. Have thought about hitting up that, and the Opry, I have 3 nights to myself to explore, the rest of the time will be work related stuff. Ill have all day Friday as well. Any must see/do stuff? Our sales team gets along well, and we are all into music so we will do broadway stuff likely the nights we are together. Lorrie Morgan is playing at the Opry so thats on my list currently.
The Opry is awesome, the backstage tour is really cool too. Broadway St is a blast, a bunch of good bars with good live music. Jack's bbq on Broadway is killer. Percy Priest Lake is right outside of town and really nice.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
The Opry is awesome, the backstage tour is really cool too. Broadway St is a blast, a bunch of good bars with good live music. Jack's bbq on Broadway is killer. Percy Priest Lake is right outside of town and really nice.
I plan to hit up Kid Rock's bar, as well as try to hit the XM Music Row Happy hour. Always wanted to see the Opry, looking at tickets now for it. Ill have to look up the bbq place

Roosky01

Reaction score
It’s bachelorette season, get you some 😹😹
It is always that Season in Nashville. I have seen plenty of upcoming wedding women/girls ready to make bad decisions when there.

I was with my beautiful Wife, of course so I already had that covered. 😎

Roosky01

Reaction score
I plan to hit up Kid Rock's bar, as well as try to hit the XM Music Row Happy hour. Always wanted to see the Opry, looking at tickets now for it. Ill have to look up the bbq place
My Wife’s sister and husband went to the Happy Hour recently. According to them, the atmosphere was awesome and everyone there is just damn good people. It’s on our list to go.😎

Good Stuff

Reaction score
Skulls Rainbow Room in Printers Alley had great food and should be close to you. My favorite small spot is Second Fiddle also right next to Ryman. Kid Rock’s Honkeytonk was great. Hattie B’s is a must stop and hot is just about perfect if you like spicy. There is a brand new one also right next to the Ryman 🤣. I also liked Martins BBQ. It is a bit commercialized but they are still cooking everything on pits and it was delicious.

Like mentioned above the whole Broadway area is lots of fun and easy to walk. The area north of it does get pretty steep but not horrible if you are staying on that side.

eand28

Reaction score
Rippy’s bar and grille on broadway has some good bbq. Country music hall of fame, Ryman and the opry are worth going to if you have time. I think you still need to buy tickets for the opry in advance.

The Jack Daniels distillery is about an hour or so from downtown Nashville.

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Watching this thread, as we're considering a trip with friends soon. Hate to hijack the thread, but would appreciate any suggestions about places to stay that are in a good location on Broadway?

Meaney77

Reaction score

Badchoices03

Reaction score

Sirius XM happy hour with Buzz was fun when we went to it. If you have the time I would definitely go to the Jack Daniels distillery and take the tour, its a bit of drive out of Nashville but really worth it, especially if you are into JD.

Oh and Tootsies....it crowded and not that great, but its Tootsies, and you have to go if you're in Nashville...

dspracing

Reaction score
You have to go to Jack Daniels. Done the tour twice and plan to do it again. Really awesome.

Tims Ford lake is nearby Lynchburg and as I recall the rentals were really cheap.

Shipwreck Cove restaurant at Elm Hill Marina was great for Brunch, drinks and people watching.

Singleton

Reaction score
Perfect timing for this thread. Heading to Nashville for 3 days of team training and partner meeting Aug 29.

River918

Reaction score
Went in June, and heading back in September (looking for property) I would recommend the following for food and drink:
Hatti B's
Martin's BBQ
Loveless Cafe (breakfast, their biscuits are delicious)

Our favorite bars were:
Kid Rock's
Luke's 32 Bridge
Johnny Cash's
Legends
Nudies

Try and checkout Old Town Franklin... Pretty cool place to walk around and read about the history

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
Heading there in late october, thanks for all the recommendations everyone

gmnhra

Reaction score
Definitely go to the Jack Daniel’s distillery, it’s very interesting.
I pouted when the group said we are taking an hour drive to JD distillery...I was wrong...super interesting and enjoyable drive thru beautiful countryside.
Lynchburg is a snap shot in time

Enjoy

Slink

Tennessee Living
Reaction score
Went in June, and heading back in September (looking for property) I would recommend the following for food and drink:
Hatti B's
Martin's BBQ
Loveless Cafe (breakfast, their biscuits are delicious)

Our favorite bars were:
Kid Rock's
Luke's 32 Bridge
Johnny Cash's
Legends
Nudies

Try and checkout Old Town Franklin... Pretty cool place to walk around and read about the history
If you're back my way...hit me up. I'm hoping end of August / early September for move in.

DWC

Reaction score
Just did another Nashville trip last weekend.😁. It‘s my favorite town to visit without a doubt.
Martins BBQ is my go to for lunch. Enter from the street and sit inside if it’s hot. bWhiskey Row and FGL bar have good food if you want music and food. Whiskey Row seems to have the best acts on a consistent basis, especially downstairs . Kid Rock’s place is badass for the first couple times. Band is on repeat though so it gets a little old after a few times. Jason Aldean upstairs, The Valentine, Tin Roof and Tootsies are great places to catch good talent. If you have women in the group Miranda Lamberts is pretty fun.
Bring cash or be ready to Venmo. The bands are always looking for tips…

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Just did another Nashville trip last weekend.😁. It‘s my favorite town to visit without a doubt.
Martins BBQ is my go to for lunch. Enter from the street and sit inside if it’s hot. bWhiskey Row and FGL bar have good food if you want music and food. Whiskey Row seems to have the best acts on a consistent basis, especially downstairs . Kid Rock’s place is badass for the first couple times. Band is on repeat though so it gets a little old after a few times. Jason Aldean upstairs, The Valentine, Tin Roof and Tootsies are great places to catch good talent. If you have women in the group Miranda Lamberts is pretty fun.
Bring cash or be ready to Venmo. The bands are always looking for tips…

Thanks for the advice... Whiskey row is one I'll skip...I skip the one in scottsdale as well..he's been closing locations for a reason.. Gotta Skip FGL as well...I do my best to not support people who openly advocate for Joe Biden's failures.. I'm going to do my best to hit the rest, especially with some of my work group. Aldean's and Kid Rock's spots are on my must do list.

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
Watching this thread, as we're considering a trip with friends soon. Hate to hijack the thread, but would appreciate any suggestions about places to stay that are in a good location on Broadway?

My wife's best friend and Husband just moved there a year or so ago from Washington. I'll see if I can get you some info! We have been meaning to make it out there also, but havent yet..

DWC

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice... Whiskey row is one I'll skip...I skip the one in scottsdale as well..he's been closing locations for a reason.. Gotta Skip FGL as well...I do my best to not support people who openly advocate for Joe Biden's failures.. I'm going to do my best to hit the rest, especially with some of my work group. Aldean's and Kid Rock's spots are on my must do list.
Understood. Explains why the Scottsdale location was so dead a couple weeks ago. Couldn’t have been more than 10 of us in there

PS. Losers Lounge is a nice quiet spot to grab a cheap beer and get out of the heat. I usually stay at the Hilton next to it. Walked by it way too many times.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Understood. Explains why the Scottsdale location was so dead a couple weeks ago. Couldn’t have been more than 10 of us in there

PS. Losers Lounge is a nice quiet spot to grab a cheap beer and get out of the heat. I usually stay at the Hilton next to it. Walked by it way too many times.
12-14$ white claws, and basic beers will do that to a crowd. I used to really like that place...but its always dead now.. The surrounding bars are packed...

Ill definitely look up losers lounge and try to check it out

Reactions: DWC

Done-it-again

Reaction score
I had 36hrs years go visiting a job. Don’t remember much after the walkthrough and the hot chicken (freaking hot and don’t touch any party of your body). Was dropped of on Broadway and don’t all is a blank after.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score

Stopped by losers tonight. Landed around midnight and figured why not.

Lot of homeless in the area…and the smell of it was present. My plans have unfortunately changed drastically so it’s just gonna be a work trip then I’m heading back to HI.

sirbob

Reaction score
I recently stayed at the Noelle hotel - (Marriott prop) very cool old bank conversion in the middle of town - Printers Alley is the back side of the building.

Others have mentioned the usual spots - all good. The reality is most places you walk into in town will be full of fun people and it’s easy to have a good time.

Enjoy 😊

66D41B22-C189-4C9C-AA9B-02DFF12355AF.jpeg
0C9C2359-E7AA-4FD7-BFEF-95305620F3A7.jpeg
B51613A1-AB7E-4E55-B6F8-16AE5C73E1FA.jpeg
DA4DD98F-118A-42B9-AD30-9A6A2089F42B.jpeg
F682F5F0-8E0E-478E-94D2-BF031A8FCD3A.jpeg

DWC

Reaction score
Stopped by losers tonight. Landed around midnight and figured why not.

Lot of homeless in the area…and the smell of it was present. My plans have unfortunately changed drastically so it’s just gonna be a work trip then I’m heading back to HI.
The skunk smell and homeless holding FJB signs aren’t my favorite part of the city for sure. Pretty standard for Dem run cities these days. Hope they change it up during next years election.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
I'm going to update in a few days. Life has been very hectic the last week. I found some epic places there that I want to write about. Once I get in the right headspace Ill make a list and post some pics. Nashville is fucking awesome..but its like Vegas/home aka HI...its good in bursts.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
This is not Nashville but it is TN and probably close to my dream home. Lake front, over 5 acres, huge house, boat dock. Amazing.

Ducksquasher

Reaction score
I'm going to update in a few days. Life has been very hectic the last week. I found some epic places there that I want to write about. Once I get in the right headspace Ill make a list and post some pics. Nashville is fucking awesome..but its like Vegas/home aka HI...its good in bursts.
Did I miss this update on another thread...would love to see it.