WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Shoutout: A/C thread, Riverbound

outboard_256

Reaction score
Cliff notes: Contact @Riverbound for A/C stuff.

I live a couple miles from the beach, so a hot summer week is low 90's, but humidity does get pretty crazy. I have some portable a/c units in the bedroom that we use a few times a year. Wife was complaining on how loud they were. Figured I would replace them with some mini-splits to be quieter and efficient after seeing all the threads on here. I have forced heating and have thought of going full a/c but I have a 2-story house with a huge attic. It would almost double my square footage if I finished it out. But my heating ducts are in the worst possible places to do so, so if I upgraded to full a/c I would want to re-do all the ducts really raises the cost.

So I have seen Riverbound's name come up on the boards with good responses so I msg him at 1:30am before I go to bed. Just asking if he covers my house in socal and how much for 3 mini splits. He msgs me a few hours later at like 4 in the morning to send him my contact info. I get back to him the next afternoon and literally like 3 minutes later a rep is already calling me. They are saying sorry, the earliest we can get out to you is 10:00 am tomorrow morning. A guy comes at 10:00am the next morning, not a sales guy but a manager. Checks out the house and comes back with the recommendation. He says with Bill's discount he is giving me "friends and family" that he can do the whole house a/c for barely much more than what I was going to spend on 3 minisplits. And he can move the furnace out of the garage (giving me space) into the attic and re-do all my ducting. He said the current ducting is horrible and he is going to route the new ducting in a way we can finish into a room. He said there is so much wasted space its crazy. I told him that was my exact thought. I don't have time to do finish the attic right now, but he just solved step one when I do start that project.

After signing all the papers an hour later the manager says the demo crew will be here in 2 hours and the asbestos crew will be here in 3 hours. (another nice surprise to find some of the current ducting is made out of asbestos) Then install will start at between 8:00-9:00am tomorrow morning. I will literally have a new full a/c system from top to bottom in like 2-3 days of just msging riverbound. It literally feels like he pulled crews off of current jobs to come to my house response has been so fast. And people are acting like I am bill's brother or something. Complete VIP treatment. Couldn't recommend @Riverbound more if you have a/c needs in socal.

Singleton

Reaction score
One of the most honest quotes I got when I was looking at adding AC when I was remodeling my place in Carlsbad. Due to the electrical panel upgrade and lines I needed to run, we had to stop the AC work. The AC quote was less then the panel work required (dam 1975 coastal CA house).

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
One of the most honest quotes I got when I was looking at adding AC when I was remodeling my place in Carlsbad. Due to the electrical panel upgrade and lines I needed to run, we had to stop the AC work. The AC quote was less then the panel work required (dam 1975 coastal CA house).
Too many shady people out there. Being honest and upfront has always done me well.

DLow

Single Barrel Dweller
Reaction score
Wish I had someone like Bill in Phoenix to come out and get my ductwork sorted out. It is a cluster the way it is, but I can’t find anyone that is actually knowledgeable.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
Wish I had someone like Bill in Phoenix to come out and get my ductwork sorted out. It is a cluster the way it is, but I can’t find anyone that is actually knowledgeable.
One of my guys moved out there about 3 months ago and works for Mike diamond.
Call them and request Eddie Ridgil. Let them know you’re a friend of mine and he will get you set up.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
That’s great to hear. When my clunker of an A/C unit finally chokes I’m definitely calling RB.

Caydens Cat

all I got was a t-shirt
Reaction score
@Riverbound please send me a PM with contact info if you service Huntington Beach. Although rarely, my parents could use some advice. No A/C in HH but they can use something to help out the summer months (splits or full condenser). Pops keeps on fighting it, but damnit after his last surgery and getting older surely isn’t good.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
@Riverbound please send me a PM with contact info if you service Huntington Beach. Although rarely, my parents could use some advice. No A/C in HH but they can use something to help out the summer months (splits or full condenser). Pops keeps on fighting it, but damnit after his last surgery and getting older surely isn’t good.
Send me yours or their contact info in a PM so I can pass on to dispatch with special notes to take care of them.

Yea we do HB. We go all the way to Ventura, LA, IE,Palm desert and soon to be in San Diego but already servicing SAn Diego for select clients.

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
No expert here at all. But doing a quick check there are very responsibly priced 21 /22 seer multi room room splits for the amount of time they would probably be really needing it. Curious to know what you end what with.

Caydens Cat

all I got was a t-shirt
Reaction score
No expert here at all. But doing a quick check there are very responsibly priced 21 /22 seer multi room room splits for the amount of time they would probably be really needing it. Curious to know what you end what with.
That is probably the way to go. On the water doesn’t get too hot… but those days that it does suck. Also just to knock it down a couple of Degrees and knock down some humidity. Hence, maybe a split or two?

outboard_256

Reaction score
A/C is all in and better than expected. They put a 2nd air intake registry upstairs and extra vents above each of our computer desks. We both work from home since covid so that is a big bonus. They replaced all the ducts with bigger ones and it's pretty much silent. I am going to tie ribbons on the vents so I can tell when its on. Big thanks to @Riverbound

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
A/C is all in and better than expected. They put a 2nd air intake registry upstairs and extra vents above each of our computer desks. We both work from home since covid so that is a big bonus. They replaced all the ducts with bigger ones and it's pretty much silent. I am going to tie ribbons on the vents so I can tell when its on. Big thanks to @Riverbound
Glad to hear you’re happy 👍

That Guy

Rack em'
Reaction score
We had the exact same experience a few weeks ago. Called Bill...they were there that afternoon, started demo that night and did a great job. Highly recommend!

YeahYeah01

Reaction score
Appreciate all the good words. Glad to be in a position where I can help and help quickly. Having a top notch team helps for sure.
Sorry if I missed it. What's the name and number of the company? I have a buddy in Elsinore that needs some work done and want to pass it on.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
Sorry if I missed it. What's the name and number of the company? I have a buddy in Elsinore that needs some work done and want to pass it on.
I’m the GM for Nexgen

Best way to get taken care of is to PM me on here. Or text me on my cell the 714

image.jpg

Last edited: