WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

I am now in the Side X Side club - KRX 1000

Xring01

Reaction score
Picked this up last night
Cant wait to take it out and get some seat time.
I did my research and pretty sure this is the right one for me.
I am big man, and this one fits me alot better than the others.

D1339650-2E28-410F-9628-32117E40F3E6.jpeg

JFMFG

Reaction score
Very nice. When’s the first rdp trip

25Elmn8r

Reaction score
Nice! Welcome to the KRX club.
IMG_6063.jpeg

If it doesn't have it already, I recommend adding the shock and A-arm reinforcements. They can be found here - https://markedmotorsports.com/kawasaki-krx-1000-2-seat-c-49_57_58.html Supposed to be a must have to prevent this: Kawasaki krx front shock reinforcement kit.jpeg I'm assuming these people are hitting some big air and coming down hard for this to happen, but for ~$100 I'd add the braces. We have them added to my sons car, and mine are on order, just waiting for delivery.

Xring01

Reaction score
Behind Dayton NV, Are some pretty big mountains. At the very top of them is a big Comm Tower. Well I made it to the top last night. Based on the temperatures, I am guessing I was close to 10,000ft high. It was cold up there. On the way down, I thought I was taking an easier trail then the way I went up.

I was wrong, and truly tested it in some pretty spicy rock crawling. But mostly down the side of a mountain. The car held its own. Thank god I have 15” clearance, because I needed more. Finally got the pic to load. The mountains in the distance, are basically the eastern side of Lake Tahoe.
74C0A0DA-01E0-4443-B56E-E1133D0318DD.jpeg

Last edited:

Xring01

Reaction score
Nice! Welcome to the KRX club.
View attachment 1142594

If it doesn't have it already, I recommend adding the shock and A-arm reinforcements. They can be found here - https://markedmotorsports.com/kawasaki-krx-1000-2-seat-c-49_57_58.html Supposed to be a must have to prevent this: View attachment 1142593 I'm assuming these people are hitting some big air and coming down hard for this to happen, but for ~$100 I'd add the braces. We have them added to my sons car, and mine are on order, just waiting for delivery.

I watched the youtube video of the guys who created the front suspension re enforcements. From what they stated, it appears the damage starts to occur while the car is in the air and the shocks are extending downward, then upon landing, the upward forces continue the damage until it completely breaks apart.

From what I see, I really can not see how a few bolt on pieces of metal are truly going to reenforce the upper shock tower support structure. I am not saying its good to go as is, but a few pieces of thin metal, with a few 8mm size bolts is truly going to help… That I am not seeing.

The good news is my son is well on his way to becoming a Mechinal Engineer and has worked on the design of Baja Race cars at his college. I will get his input.

If it needs to be upgraded, then I will weld in the metal where it needs to be welded in to. Time to break out the Miller and the welding helmet.

Last edited:

Xring01

Reaction score
A guy I just met ran the “Rubicon” which is near Tahoe last weekend in his.
From what told me, he drove around about 25 fully built Jeeps, while going up the trail.

He got to the top explored for a couple hours, before the first Jeep in the line of Jeeps finally made it up.

On his way back down, he passed the majority of them again, while they are still on there way up.

His has 35” Rockzilla’s.

From what he says, Jeeps got nothing on him.

I am not saying that, but I believe it.

25Elmn8r

Reaction score
I watched the youtube video of the guys who created the front suspension re enforcements. From what they stated, it appears the damage starts to occur while the car is in the air and the shocks are extending downward, then upon landing, the upward forces continue the damage until it completely breaks apart.

From what I see, I really can not see how a few bolt on pieces of metal are truly going to reenforce the upper shock tower support structure. I am not saying its good to go as is, but a few pieces of thin metal, with a few 8mm size bolts is truly going to help… That I am not seeing.

The good news is my son is well on his way to becoming a Mechinal Engineer and has worked on the design of Baja Race cars at his college. I will get his input.

If it needs to be upgraded, then I will weld in the metal where it needs to be welded in to. Time to break out the Miller and the welding helmet.
Valid point. I didn't really see any of the detail, just was told you're gonna want these. I'll be taking a look when I get mine and see what it actually consists of. Let me know what you find out.

Sportin' Wood

Reaction score
A guy I just met ran the “Rubicon” which is near Tahoe last weekend in his.
From what told me, he drove around about 25 fully built Jeeps, while going up the trail.

He got to the top explored for a couple hours, before the first Jeep in the line of Jeeps finally made it up.

On his way back down, he passed the majority of them again, while they are still on there way up.

His has 35” Rockzilla’s.

From what he says, Jeeps got nothing on him.

I am not saying that, but I believe it.
I suspect he is correct. Our Teryx 4-seater on 31's made my 2-door JK Rubicon feel like a POS on the Rubicon. I ran from the Springs to Buck Island in about a half hour. That took many hours in the JK.

Xring01

Reaction score
I suspect he is correct. Our Teryx 4-seater on 31's made my 2-door JK Rubicon feel like a POS on the Rubicon. I ran from the Springs to Buck Island in about a half hour. That took many hours in the JK.
In my analysis.
Lets look at the Horse Power to Weight Ratio, combined with the suspension.
KRX is roughly 2000lb and 112 hp… and awesome suspension out of the box. Which is 100% Engineered for the application, but if you Spend an $500 on new springs, then you have full blown racing suspension.

Jeep is over 6000lbs, and set up for Rock Crawling can be over 7000lbs, and lets say 300hp for arguements sake. Suspension well you have to spend a boat load to rock crawl…

evantwheeler

Reaction score
In my analysis.
Lets look at the Horse Power to Weight Ratio, combined with the suspension.
KRX is roughly 2000lb and 112 hp… and awesome suspension out of the box. Which is 100% Engineered for the application, but if you Spend an $500 on new springs, then you have full blown racing suspension.

Jeep is over 6000lbs, and set up for Rock Crawling can be over 7000lbs, and lets say 300hp for arguements sake. Suspension well you have to spend a boat load to rock crawl…

A SxS is more capable and much much faster than a very well built rock crawler through the majority of terrain most go over. My 2015xp 1000 on 30” tires went places around Havasu and Parker and Johnson Valley that blew my mind! They are fantastically fun toys! Big big rocks and tall waterfalls are the only place a SxS lags compared to an off road “truck”.

Xring01

Reaction score
Quick updates:
I bought the DynoTune… installed it and ran it up a hill and back.. No true seat time yet..
Wow.. it woke the engine up, It accellerates faster, alot more responsive throttle, and appears to have more power. However, it probably doesn not increase the top speed. For the money, I am happy with it.

Full Access / Marked Motorsports is about 45 minutes from my house. They have alot of KRX used parts listed on Craiglists. I was interested in a used half windshield they had, and met Jake who owns the company. One hell of a nice guy. We spent close to 2 hours in his shop (hint hint, his new KRX 4 Seater is on 37”) it gonna be really nice.

We dug into the details of the products that he makes to prevent shock mount gussets from failing. He walked me over to buggy that arrived a days ago. Front passenger lower A Arm front gusset failed, the driver put the buggy in reverse, in slow speed, hit a rock and it ripped the lower A Arm bolt right thru gusset mount. Ripped thru it like beer can. So you saw my comments above about my reservations of his products, well I left pretty much all of the products to beef up my front end. I will bolt most of them in, but some will get welded.

Another thing…
Jake has some Dynotunes left from an order he placed awhile back. But when he runs out of them, he will be forced to update to the new price $449 or higher. So if anyone is interested in one… Call him ASAP, from what I saw, no one will beat his price right now. Which is the reason I bought mine, pretty sure I paid $380ish.

I am hoping to work on the KRX this sunday… Want to go for a nice long ride Saturday if possible. The smoke from all the CA fires is basically blankeeting us right now.. So I might not get to ride.

Overall, I am very happy with the KRX so far. May not beat Can Am or RZR in a drag race, but I will have just as much fun, and will be alot more comfortable, will probably out rock climb them. I am guessing my top speed is 65mph ish right now. But I really dont take it over 50 much anyway. When 31” tires wear out, 33 or 35’s will be in my future, next thing will be shock therapy springs, and 5point harness.s

25Elmn8r

Reaction score
Quick updates:
I bought the DynoTune… installed it and ran it up a hill and back.. No true seat time yet..
Wow.. it woke the engine up, It accellerates faster, alot more responsive throttle, and appears to have more power. However, it probably doesn not increase the top speed. For the money, I am happy with it.

Full Access / Marked Motorsports is about 45 minutes from my house. They have alot of KRX used parts listed on Craiglists. I was interested in a used half windshield they had, and met Jake who owns the company. One hell of a nice guy. We spent close to 2 hours in his shop (hint hint, his new KRX 4 Seater is on 37”) it gonna be really nice.

We dug into the details of the products that he makes to prevent shock mount gussets from failing. He walked me over to buggy that arrived a days ago. Front passenger lower A Arm front gusset failed, the driver put the buggy in reverse, in slow speed, hit a rock and it ripped the lower A Arm bolt right thru gusset mount. Ripped thru it like beer can. So you saw my comments above about my reservations of his products, well I left pretty much all of the products to beef up my front end. I will bolt most of them in, but some will get welded.

Another thing…
Jake has some Dynotunes left from an order he placed awhile back. But when he runs out of them, he will be forced to update to the new price $449 or higher. So if anyone is interested in one… Call him ASAP, from what I saw, no one will beat his price right now. Which is the reason I bought mine, pretty sure I paid $380ish.

I am hoping to work on the KRX this sunday… Want to go for a nice long ride Saturday if possible. The smoke from all the CA fires is basically blankeeting us right now.. So I might not get to ride.

Overall, I am very happy with the KRX so far. May not beat Can Am or RZR in a drag race, but I will have just as much fun, and will be alot more comfortable, will probably out rock climb them. I am guessing my top speed is 65mph ish right now. But I really dont take it over 50 much anyway. When 31” tires wear out, 33 or 35’s will be in my future, next thing will be shock therapy springs, and 5point harness.s

Thanks for the update. I totally agree that a few of the products should be welded, I'll be working on that this winter. I've been looking at the Dynotune, I guess I should call Jake!

We went out last Saturday night for a couple hours, smoke from the fires has been pretty bad, but it's still a great view at the top:
IMG_6163.jpeg

The group this time, 2 KRX's, a RZR, and 2 CanAm's.
6F80564D-F9B3-40C2-BFA7-E91A0A9C9D12.jpeg

There's always one jackass... 🤣
IMG_6166.jpeg

Xring01

Reaction score
Thanks for the update. I totally agree that a few of the products should be welded, I'll be working on that this winter. I've been looking at the Dynotune, I guess I should call Jake!

We went out last Saturday night for a couple hours, smoke from the fires has been pretty bad, but it's still a great view at the top:
View attachment 1155011
The group this time, 2 KRX's, a RZR, and 2 CanAm's.
View attachment 1155014
There's always one jackass... 🤣
View attachment 1155015
Where are you located?